Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] 12 volt conversion

From: Culver Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 18:17:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Dick and OleTruckers,

When I did a 12 Volt conversion on my 1951 Chevy 3100, I found just about all
the information I needed in Patrick's catalog:

Patrick's Antique Cars and Trucks
P.O. Box 10648
Casa Grande, AZ 85230

Telephone
(520) 836-1117 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday/MST)

FAX
(520) 836-1104 (24 hours a day)

http://www.patricksantiquecars.com/

I found the project easier than I thought it would be. The results are a great
improvement:  wait until you hear your 6 Volt original horn at 12 Volts.

 Good luck.

Culver Adams
Minneapolis, MN
1951 Chevy 3100

 ---

-----Original Message-----
From: lindalnhvt <[email-masked]>
To: Oletrucks <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Apr 2, 2013 4:58 pm
Subject: [Oletrucks] 12 volt conversion

Listers,
I have a 53 Chev 3100 with a 6 volt system and would like to convert to a
12 volt system. Can anyone lead me to a site that explains all I need to
do?
Does anyone sell all the components together as a package.
Thanks.
Dick B. in NH
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/oletrucks/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: David Raphael <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 10:28:13 -0700

Dick:

	I have a '49 Chevy pickup, and had a local auto electrical shop make the
conversion for me -- using a 12v alternator -- 10 years ago, and have been
delighted ever since.  I've burned through a couple of starters over the
years, but they are cheap and relatively easy to find.  Also, be sure to
convert bulbs to 12v at the time of the conversion, and to insert resisters to
protect things like your gas gauge, heater motor, etc.  Hope this helps.
David

David Raphael
Portland, OR 97215
503.235.7840

On Apr 2, 2013, at 2:27 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/oletrucks/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]