Subject: [Oletrucks] Torque Tube

From: Ric McAnulty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 09:54:13 -0800

Hey guys, just brought my '50 3100 home from storage and getting ready 
to start some work on it, little at a time.
One thing that has always been a issue since day one 25 years ago is the 
front tube connection to the tranny.
There's a bell like connection that has a base seal to the tranny that 
allows for the u-joints, that slips up over the torque tube
This has leaked as I said from day one. I don't have anything that 
explains how to seal the connection where the slip joint over the tube is.
     It's like a pipe fitting (if memory serves) that has a screw 
fitting that tightens to the tube.

Probably not explaining this very well, but Bottom line is, does anyone 
have any 'rebuild' information on the front (and rear for that matter) 
connections
     of the torque tube to the tranny and the rear end?
I'd appreciate what ever anyone knows.

Thanks

Ric

'50 3100, 5 window, custom cab, dual single carbs, split exhaust, 
electronic ignition, front disc brakes
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive