Subject: [Oletrucks] forward thinking

From: "John Niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 08:31:40 -0600

Hi guys

just found this forum... I've been on shop-talk for years... guess I need to
get out more, eh ?

Saw Ric's post on his Chevy truck and planned changes and thought I might add
something for him..
I've got a '53 Ford F-100 I've been working on for years and done a lot of the
upgrades that most old truck guys do... new ifs, new rear end, disc brakes,
tank move, etc and have tried to document it all on my site
jniolon.classicpickup.com   All the articles are in the frame on the left side
of the page

Ric
AFA the tank move to the rear... it's an easy task.  I'm not sure of your
frame width but the f-100 of that era have around 28.5 width and a mid 60's
mustang/cougar tank fits perfect... as well as some other junk yard finds.
You'll have to fab or buy a patch panel for the old gas filler hole in the
cab... but if Chevys are like Fords those are available aftermarket.... here's
a link to what I did...

jniolon.classicpickup.com/mustangtank/newmustangtank.htm

AFA the seats.. I'm assuming you've got around 60" between doors and most any
bench seat from any Chevy or Ford trucks till they went and got all fancy will
fit... I've got a bench from a mid 70's Chevy truck now but am looking for
some nice leather takeouts with seatbelts and all included.  Keep in mind that
car seats don't usually work well... they sit too low and lean back too far...
truck seats are more verticle... mounting isn't usually a problem with a
little fab work and some tubing.. again a link

jniolon.classicpickup.com/benchseats/benchseats.html

What you do all depends on what you want from the truck... original ??  or
streeted ???
a lot.. I mean A LOT of after market stuff is available for your truck...
don't know if you've found the magazines...   Classic Truck  and Custom and
Classic trucks  are available on the news stands and bookstores and offer a
wealth of info, vendors, how tos and such...

email me if you want any other info I might offer...  always glad to help
another sufferer of our addiction

later
john
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive