Subject: [Oletrucks] Forward Thinking

From: Ric McAnulty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 16:42:03 -0800

Well, not sure what it's like where the rest of you are, but high today 
of 28, low overnight about 12 here in Sparks, NV. Fortunately no snow.
With that I'm thinking that there's probably not a lot of work being 
done with most of our trucks right now, at least not mine, so I'm trying to
     put together thoughts on what I want to do and what it might cost. 
Hoping to tap into the vast knowledge bank that IO know is out there

Particulars:  1950 Chevy, 3100, 5 window, 235 w/granny 4 speed, original 
torque tube and rear end
     Electronic ignition, front disc brakes, dual carbs, split exhaust, 
Cab currently in primer with no bed, running 18 months ago when it got 
stored.

So thoughts:  Need to replace the radiator, it's been repaired twice, 
and is leaking again.
                                 Question:  2 or 3 core Aluminum or 
?????  Recommendations?

                     Thinking about pulling the rear cab fuel tank and 
placing a new tank in the bed frame since there currently is no bed.
                                 Again suggestions/ recommendations 
Costs ???  Good idea / bad idea

                     With the gas tank gone from the cab, would want to 
replace bench seat or re-mount it farther back.
                                 More suggestions,  type of seats? from 
what car / truck,  mounting ideas, guess on costs?

I'd be doing all the work with the help of a buddy, with limited access 
to welding capabilities, so that might limit what I can ultimately do.

I'd appreciate everybodies thoughts, suggestions etc so I can start 
planning for spring thaw.

Thanks

Ric
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive