Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] 261 engine near greeley

From: Rick Kremer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:50:44 -0500 (EST)

Durwood,

Way to look out for your fellow truckers.  Nice Job!  I scored a 261 off
craigslist a few years back and am just waiting for the right truck to drop it
into.  With a camaro t5 behind it, it should be alot of fun to drive.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Durwood B. Darbin <[email-masked]>
To: Oletrucks list <[email-masked]>; yahoo group
<[email-masked]>; Old Chevy Suburban list
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Jan 23, 2013 8:54 pm
Subject: [Oletrucks] 261 engine near greeley

Hello ole truckers. I have located another 261 engine in a truck at a
junkyard
ear Greeley Colorado.  If you want it, I will direct you to the exact vehicle
ut you have to take it out.  I can be there for moral support but I can't
elp cuz I'm still healing from rotator cuff repair.  If you want it then ping
e at dhckdkcsk (at) hotmail.com and put 'Greeley 261' in the subject line.
MMKay??  The last one cost me $250 and no core charge but you would have to
ake the deal, just don't tell the owner that it is a 261.  ;-)
Durwood @ TESRWNN
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
52 Burb
54 Jimmy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
______________________________________________
[email-masked]
onate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
uggested annual donation  $11.47
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive
orums: http://www.team.net/forums
nsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/oletrucks/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jonas Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:38:43 -0800

FWIW I kick myself a little bit for not buying a good 261 for $200 when I was
deciding what to do with my 1959 3200.  I ended up rebuilding a 1962 235 car
engine.  That was about 2006.  I have to say that, despite kicking myself for
being too lazy to drive 50miles to pick up the engine, my 235 is AWESOME.
Strong and dependable.  What an amazing industrial machine.  I really think
the 6cyl gas engines of its generation were beautiful and historic and I'm
proud to drive around with it.    Next truck I will try and utilize a 261 but
if anyone ever tries to get my 235 they are going to have to pry it out of my
cold dead claws!

On Jan 24, 2013, at 6:50 AM, Rick Kremer <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/oletrucks/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]