Subject: [Oletrucks] Enclosed Trailer Winter Storage

From: "James Hays" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 17:57:30 -0800

Hello Ole Truckers: 

Firstly I live in Western Washington State with all of our winter moisture
issues.

Year before last trailer stored my 55-1st for 3 months with not too good of
results - all non-coated bolts had a layer of rust - not pitted but heavy
coating - no trailer leaks. Truck now is enclosed  - with all glass but no
doors or front vent seals.

Now have top vent opened position cover allowing vent to be opened 100% of
the time if desired & keeps the weather out ( top vent closed before ). Now
with top vent open & one at each end smaller - 3'' D always open vents
should allow some air flow if desired.

What would anyone recommend as precautions to avoid it smelling old at the
end of March- assume vents open - doors open / closed - constant fan ??

Any suggestions appreciated,

Jim

55-1st   350 LT1 / 4L60E  
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Arizona Pride! <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 21:30:23 -0800 (PST)

Why not store it at a climate controlled facility for those months?     Less
worry, less mold, less rust, etc.

--- On Sun, 11/4/12, James Hays <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: James Hays <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Oletrucks] Enclosed Trailer Winter Storage
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 6:57 PM

Hello Ole Truckers:

Jim

55-1st   350 LT1 / 4L60E 

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/oletrucks/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 06:49:05 +0000

Good morning,
If you want to keep the smell and mold out you can always but kitchen salt in the truck and trailer.
The salt will absorb all the moisture.

Old trick from a Belgian fan :-)
Sent via BlackBerry offered by Proximus

-----Original Message-----
From: Arizona Pride! <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; James Hays<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Enclosed Trailer Winter Storage

Hello Ole Truckers:

Jim

55-1st   350 LT1 / 4L60E 

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

[email-masked]