Subject: [NOBBC] NOBBC Car Badge

From: Kamstra Tcherek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:22:43 -0700

Some of you may have seen the conversation on the NOBBC Facebook page about
doing a car badge for the club. I am wondering if there is enough interest to
make this happen? Potential designs are now in the works, and my badge source
can sell some of the badges to his badge collector clients in Europe, which
would help reduce the club's startup costs substantially. I do not want to
step on anyone's toes by proceeding without permission from club organizers
(Greg?), so perhaps they can contact me? My direct e-mail is
[email-masked]  I am thinking we would need to have approx. 8-10 members
wanting to own a badge to make this feasible, and I would forego the fee I
usually charge for designing since this is my local club.

Best,
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Dawson Church <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:56:51 -0700

I'm in. Thanks for organizing this! Dawson

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Kamstra Tcherek <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]
>

-- 
Dawson

---

From: Greg Tatarian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 14:27:12 -0700

Hi Tcherek,
Sounds like a neat idea!
I'll cross-post this to the Yahoo Group, since the autox list isn't used 
as much these days.
By the way, Nick Jenkins has taken over the Yahoo Group. I'm still 
keeping the website current, but will pass that on as well. The autox 
list will also follow, once I get around to asking Mark Bradakis to make 
the transition.
Thanks for this offer - very cool.
Cheers,
Greg Tatarian

---

From: Martin Sinai Rayman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 16:29:17 -0700

I am in too.
Thanks!

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Kamstra Tcherek <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]
>

-- 

*Martin Sinai Rayman, D.D.S.Pediatric Dentistry*
912 Grand Avenue, #202
San Rafael, CA 94901-3538
Voice: 415.459.1444
FAX:   415.453.1320
Website: http://www.marinpediatricdentistry.com <http://www.openbigdds.com>

*"No one likes to help advance the date of their own
funeral."                   *
*                                    Andrew Garcia "Tough Trip Through
Paradise 1878-1879"*

NOTICE: This communication, including any attachments, is confidential and
may be protected by privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any
use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please immediately notify the sender by telephone or e-mail, and
permanently delete all copies, electronic or other, you may have. The
foregoing applies even if this notice is embedded in a message that is
forwarded or attached.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Charles Wehn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 20:13:07 -0700

I saw the badge on Facebook and it looks great, but I think a red MGA on it
would be even better.
Count me in.

Charlie TR-6 and TR-8

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Greg Tatarian [email-masked] [NOBBC] <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> >> doing a car badge for the club. I am wondering if there is enough
> interest
> >> to
> ------------------------------------
>
> ------------------------------------
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links
>
> <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
>     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NOBBC/
>
> <*> Your email settings:
>     Individual Email | Traditional
>
> <*> To change settings online go to:
>     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NOBBC/join
>     (Yahoo! ID required)
>
> <*> To change settings via email:
>     [email-masked]
>     [email-masked]
>
> <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>     [email-masked]
>
> <*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
>     https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

---

From: Dawson Church <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 20:32:02 -0700

Hey, I think a Jensen! Wendell wants a Morgan! John wants a Triumph!
Laughing, Dawson

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 8:13 PM, Charles Wehn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > >> would help reduce the club's startup costs substantially. I do not
> want
> > to

---

From: BBTim THRESH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 20:45:07 -0700

My badge bar is waiting....
Tim Thresh 1958 RED MGA

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:22:43 -0700
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [NOBBC] NOBBC Car Badge
>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Kamstra Tcherek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 21:06:53 -0700

Hey guys it seems as though we may have enough interested parties to make a go
of the badge.

Regarding the model of cars selected:  I have to restate that as biased as I
am towards Morgans (I have to be, my stepdad is a Morgan dealer) I included
the Plus 8 mostly so we could enable the badge to be sold to a network of
Morgan badge collectors, which will bring down the club members' price
significantly. The Jag I included because not only is it a beautiful car but -
and I hate admitting this - it is easy to draw. Seeing as how all members
would prefer their favorite model to be on the badge, this seems as fair a
choice as any. If we are successful with this, in a few years (when is the
next club anniversary milestone?) we could issue a second badge and perhaps
switch up the models displayed?

-Tcherek

>>>>> usually charge for designing since this is my local club.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 05:40:05 +0000

Posted my 2 cents on Facebook.  Here it is as well:

Like badge though i don't think it will work on the rubber bumper JH. No where to attach, and even worse on the more modern cars. Personally though since this is a British car club with not a particular car club, and North Bay, not SF, the badge doesn't make much sense for this club...to me. I would lean more toward a badge that spelled out what NOBBC stood for with a big British flag maybe inside a wheel or something. 

Clif  1974 Jensen Healey

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Kamstra Tcherek
Sent: bMondayb, bJuneb b15b, b2015 b9b:b06b bPM
To: North Bay British Car Club

-Tcherek

---

From: Kamstra Tcherek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 01:12:40 -0700

(Also pasted from Facebook) - Hi, Deborah, your input is appreciated.
Naturally I would want the design to appeal to as many members as possible,
but I have learned that it is not possible to please everybody. I had a couple
reasons fro including the GG Bridge. Firstly it is instantly recognizable.
Secondly it ensures there is no mistaking that the North Bay in the club's
title refers to the Bay Area, as opposed to say, North Bay, Florida. Also is a
graphic artist's dream to work with, due to the angles and lines, so many
possibilities. And lastly, I just love it, it is the bridge that brought me
from my native San Francisco to my current home in Sonoma County. Of course I
am open to suggestions from yourself as well as any club members who wish to
own a club badge...the British flag in a wheel is very easy to render for
sure. As I said before the addition of the Morgan will bring the price down
for members, and the Jag was a nice complementary element. And nobody should
feel pressured to buy a badge if they don't want to, however it would be nice
to have it available for those who do.

Best,

T.
1967 Morgan + 8 Prototype
(Family owned)

On Jun 15, 2015, at 10:40 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Like badge though i don't think it will work on the rubber bumper JH. No
where to attach, and even worse on the more modern cars. Personally though
since this is a British car club with not a particular car club, and North
Bay, not SF, the badge doesn't make much sense for this club...to me. I would
lean more toward a badge that spelled out what NOBBC stood for with a big
British flag maybe inside a wheel or something.
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]

---

From: Al Garber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 14:38:15 -0400

I'm in !

"Dont try to act like
youre young. You could really hurt yourself."
Bob Dylan

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 21:06:53 -0700
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [NOBBC] NOBBC Car Badge
>
> >>>>> make this happen? Potential designs are now in the works, and my
badge
> >>>>> source
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Scott Irwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:23:32 -0700

Long dormant member would be interested in a badge.

Scott

-----Original Message----- 
From: Greg Tatarian
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 2:27 PM
To: North Bay British Car Club ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [NOBBC] NOBBC Car Badge

Hi Tcherek,
Sounds like a neat idea!

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Kamstra Tcherek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 18:26:59 -0700

Okay so we have enough takers it appears.I will find out why kind of deal I
can get on pricing and then we can see how that figure affects the head count.
After that, in 4-6 weeks we should have a badge. I realize there are no club
officers per se, but if anybody has objections to my going forward please
contact me off list at [email-masked]

-Tcherek

On Jun 17, 2015, at 5:23 PM, "Scott Irwin" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> -----Original Message----- From: Greg Tatarian
interest