Subject: [NOBBC] Resurrected Facebook page

From: NOBBC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 09:16:14 -0700

Hello Members,

Yesterday I received an email from member Dan Drummond, who has taken 
over as administrator of the Facebook page that was originally started 
and administered by Ron. After Ron's death, I spent months working with 
his widow to try to transfer the FB page over to me or someone else in 
the club, but was denied. FB wouldn't close the account, only lock it - 
even after insisting I send them a death certificate and an affidavit 
from his widow and myself, and after many emails and phone calls.

During our recent group discussion of the merits and shortcomings of the 
various club sites we are using and that may be available, there were 
several who expressed concerns or dislike with FB, and several who 
expressed satisfaction with it, but nothing came of any of the 
discussions. This is just one more reason why I don't like FB, and why I 
won't use it - Dan could have been anyone, not even affiliated with the 
club, but was able to take over what was supposed to be a locked account.

I've excerpted relevant parts of two emails from Dan, since he does not 
use the Yahoo group:

> I was nosing around Facebook this morning and just for ducks, clicked 
> on the old NOBBC page that Ron used to manage.  A window popped up 
> saying the group needed an admin and asked if I wanted to be it.  I 
> clicked on yes so I think I'm the new admin.

> I have no gripes with Facebook.  I belong to two groups that use it 
> (one group that I manage and one that I do not) and it works quite 
> well. It kind of seems like the PC versus Mac debate.  People like one 
> and hate the other.  FWIW, I've always found the Yahoo group site 
> difficult to navigate to the point I gave up on it. 

Please express your thought on this matter to the group.

Greg Tatarian
Administrator/Moderator - NOBBC Yahoo Group, Autox list
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive