Subject: [NOBBC] UPDATE ON YOUR 24 HOURS OF LEMONS TEAM

From: "Clif & Deborah Williamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 16:29:50 -0700

Hello all of you 24 Hours of Lemons, NOBBC bOld Crowsb race team
followers.
With a huge amount of work (not much) on the part of the Old Crows race team
we have finally been noticed by one of the car publications.
http://hooniverse.com/2014/06/18/24-hours-of-lemons-button-terrible-preview/
Scroll down to Class B and you will see a photo of our car #51 (now 171) at
Sonoma in 2013.  Then read our mention.  They actually see potential in a
bunch of truly bOLD CROWSb in our quite beat up 1996 V6 Mustang.
Considering we only finished 7 in our group (a great finish for us) at the
2014 Spring event at Sonoma Raceway, that would seem like quite a stretch,
right?  But their observation is based on past performance and since
Buttonwillow Raceway can be like the Mojave Desert in late June and July, it
isnbt out of the realm of possibility.  We have finished our last 5 races,
slowly moving up in our classification.  We have 4 great drivers one of whom
can compete at a level with the best of drivers in the A group, David
bFlatsb Wilson.  Walter Kilchherr has made incredible improvement and gets
out of the car with a huge smile on his face after every stint.  Gary bBlack
Flagb Shaw, brings with him lots of track experience.  I of course am the
Brains of the group bjust kidding guysb, and keep this team from falling
apart.  And then there is our Pit Boss, my wife Deborah.  She whips us into
shape at every pit stop, a surprisingly important part of Lemons racing.
Enough back patting.  Well...except for this.
Hooniversebs predictions of potential kind of came true.
That is out of a starting field of 120 cars we finished 10th overall moving up
15 places from our Sonoma race in March.  Not to shabby, eh?
But it gets better.  Out of 43 cars in the B Group we managed a 2 place
finish.
So congratulations to us.  I am very proud of our team.
And now the really big news.
David Wilson has decided to turn his beloved, but totaled 74 Jensen Healey
into a Lemon.  Pulling the engine, transmission, and rear end out of the
wreck, and sticking them into one of his rusted out donor shells, adding a
roll cage and spending hours he is close to completion.  If it is ready, I
will try to get him to tow it over to Bad Ass.  If it happens you all will be
the first to see bGOLDMEMBERb.
The Maiden Race hopefully will be at Thunderhill Raceway in September on the
extended five mile track.  Should be an incredible event.
And to think, this whole thing would have never started if it wasnbt for
NOBBC and a few goofy guys willing to work together for the fun of driving and
racing.
Clif and Deborah Williamson 1974 Jensen Healey
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive