Subject: Re: [NOBBC] Winter Car Projects

From: Robin Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 16:27:24 -0800

I've been busy with the ongoing Mk 2 Jaguar project. Brakes are now being
gone through. I am replacing all lines with copper nickel; All calipers are
either rebuilt or new; Servo is apart on the bench as I type; vactank has
been restored; still have the master cyl to do. Then I will go through the
clutch system.

I could use some advice regarding cracked bondo in the driver's door.

Good fun!

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 2:56 PM, NOBBC <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Howdy Folks,
> Just wondering if any of you want to share your winter car projects with
> the club.
> I'm in the midst of replacing the wood dashboard and crash pad from the
> Elan coupe, cleaning up the wiring, rebuilding the Smiths heater fan and
> housing, rebuilding and converting the tachometer, replacing the electric
> fuel pump with a smaller, more efficient one, adding an inertia fuel
> shutoff (very important with electric pumps), and replacing the windscreen
> and rubber. Oh yes, also converting from positive to negative ground and
> replacing the clutch slave cylinder. Probably will have an even longer list
> as I move through everything - you know how that goes.
> Anyone else getting any work done this winter?
> Cheers,
> Greg Tatarian
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/nobbc/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Greg Tatarian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 16:42:23 -0800

Lots of work there, Robin.
You reminded me that I also have to run a new hard fuel line. Did you buy a
coil of brake line, or pre-cut?
I can offer you some help with the bonds offline.
Cheers,
Greg

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 6, 2014, at 4:27 PM, Robin Jackson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Gianni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 16:43:16 -0800

Yes, and I am having my face done! Lol

On Jan 6, 2014, at 4:42 PM, Greg Tatarian <[email-masked]> wrote:

Sent from my iPad

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Robin Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 17:54:32 -0800

A coil would have cost @ $70.00 plus the nuts. I found a Healey guy on East
Coast who delivered me all brake and clutch lines cut and flared for
$160.00. It was coiled and labled. All I have to do is remove each old line
and bend the new to the correct configuration. It is easy to form, mostly
with my hands. On 180 bends I bend around a "spud" in my vice. I am very
pleased with the results.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Greg Tatarian <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]

---

From: NOBBC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 18:11:04 -0800

Sweet!

---

From: wendell bain <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 11:12:45 -0800

Well yes. It seems Morgan decided to chuck it's muff coupling between  
the clutch
and the gearbox so I came home from the Boxing Day run courtesy of  
AAA and a
flatbed. I have it apart and lucked out in the when the muff coupling  
went it didn't
take the transmission input shaft and the long shaft between the  
clutch and trans.
with it. It will probably be off the road for awhile.
Cheers,
Wendell

On Jan 6, 2014, at 2:56 PM, NOBBC wrote:

> Howdy Folks,
> Just wondering if any of you want to share your winter car projects  
> with the club.
> I'm in the midst of replacing the wood dashboard and crash pad from  
> the Elan coupe, cleaning up the wiring, rebuilding the Smiths  
> heater fan and housing, rebuilding and converting the tachometer,  
> replacing the electric fuel pump with a smaller, more efficient  
> one, adding an inertia fuel shutoff (very important with electric  
> pumps), and replacing the windscreen and rubber. Oh yes, also  
> converting from positive to negative ground and replacing the  
> clutch slave cylinder. Probably will have an even longer list as I  
> move through everything - you know how that goes.
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/ 
> [email-masked]

---

From: NOBBC <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 10:51:45 -0800

OH NO!

How does that happen? Did it crack? I'm not that familiar with the way 
the coupler is retained; I know it's a splined sleeve, but what keeps it 
located longitudinally? I seem to recall the bell housing on your car is 
magnesium, right? If so, you are REALLY lucky it didn't get blown apart, eh?

There is a company making high-strength muff couplers here in the 
states, as I recall...

I'm waiting on UK vendors to respond to my parts purchase orders so I 
can get the Elan Coupe back together, but may have to pay more locally, 
since they seem to be unmotivated to make money.

Good luck, Wendell.

Greg

On 1/11/2014 11:12 AM, wendell bain wrote:
> and the gearbox so I came home from the Boxing Day run courtesy of AAA 
> and a