Subject: [NOBBC] Fw: Jaegar vs Smith

From: "Clif & Deborah Williamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 18:02:09 -0800

Opps...forgot the link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMPH-MGB-MG-MIDGET-JENSEN-HEALEY-JAGUAR-SET-OF-4-M
ATCHING-INSTRUMENT-GAUGES-/151193754566?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories
&hash=item2333d99bc6&vxp=mtr

From: Clif & Deborah Williamson
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 6:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [NOBBC] Jaegar vs Smith

Unfortunately Jaegar and Smith made many styles of gauges.  As you can see by
this Ebay sale of Jaegar gauges they may or may not be the correct style for
any given car.  These are for sale to be used onb TRIUMPH, MGB, MGT, MGC, MG
MIDGET, JENSEN HEALEY, JAGUAR AND OTHER BRITISH,  EUROPEAN & AMERICAN CARSb
However I know they were never used on Jensen Healey because all of JH gauges
have the needles facing down.  Since you know yours came out of a 65 Spit, you
are in pretty good shape.  They may be used in other cars, or they may not.
This seller seems to have listed any car that ever used Jaegar gauges.
Just a bit more information, probably useless,
Clif  74 Jensen Healey.

From: Mitch Utsey
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 2:06 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NOBBC] Jaegar vs Smith

Howdy all!

I have a 65 and a 70 Spitfire. The 65 is a rusted, gutted, hulk, while the 70
is ....mostly... intact, and is the vehicle that I'm putting back together.
The 65 has a set of nice, clean looking Jaegar gauges. the 70 has a set of not
quite as nice and clean looking Smith Gauges.

Would one set be inherently better than the other? What was the reason that
Smiths are in all of the newer cars, while Jaegars were no longer used?

Thanks!

-Mitch

__._,_.___Reply via web post  Reply to sender  Reply to group  Start a New
Topic  Messages in this topic (1)

Recent Activity: a.. New Photos 11
Visit Your Group
 Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest b" Unsubscribe b" Terms of Use b" Send
us Feedback .

__,_._,___
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive