Subject: [NOBBC] New information about new signups for Yahoo Group

From: NOBBC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 09:35:06 -0700

Hi Folks,

A couple of folks have reported recent troubles joining the NOBBC Yahoo 
Group with anything other than a Yahoo email account. It seems Yahoo 
made a number of recent changes, some affecting which browsers with 
which it displays properly, and how new signups are handled.

If you want to use your Facebook or Gmail account to join the NOBBC 
Yahoo Group, you must now create a Yahoo profile in Facebook or Gmail first.

Here's the procedure:

  "Create profile" when trying to sign in to Yahoo Groups

If you've never created a Yahoo profile for your Facebook or Google 
login, you'll need to create one first before you can use one of them to 
sign in to Yahoo Groups.

    Creating a Yahoo profile for your Facebook or Google account

 1. Visit Yahoo Groups <http://groups.yahoo.com/>.
 2. Click *Sign In*.
 3. Click *Facebook* or *Google*.
 4. Enter your login information, then click *Sign In*.
 5. Click the name of the group you're trying to access.
 6. Click *Create new profile*.
    - You may be prompted to enter your login information again as a
    security precaution.
 7. Click *Add an alias*.
 8. Enter the alias (username) you'd like to use.
 9. Click *Save*.
10. Click *Close*.
11. Click *Continue*.
12. Click *View Group* to access your group.

Sorry for the hassle - we have to work with the tools that are out 
there. If you don't want to bother, please stay on this list; we 
retained this simple mailing list for those who want the bare minimum in 
communication from the NOBBC.  However, be aware there are quite a few 
more members on the Group, and you won't be seeing the files, photos, 
and many of the messages from members.

Cheerio,

Greg Tatarian
Administrator/Moderator
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive