Subject: Re: [NOBBC] Visit to a High School

From: Gianni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:20:48 -0700

How unfortunate that you would send a mean spirited and might I add
unchristian email. Shame on you . I am appalled that you would make such a
statement   You should keep your own narrow minded comments and thoughts to
your self. Mr toad should go back to road hall and take some sensitive and
compassion training. Julia LaRosa

On Oct 21, 2013, at 7:12 PM, "Betz Miller" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi Mitch,
 I'm guessing you are a member of NOBBC, right?  Not sure, I know you yet.
However, I would be delight to come to the school and have the kids see my
roadster.  I am not in unity with the policies of the Boy Scouts, so until
they support equal rights for gays I would not bring my car to an event.

Please call me if you would like me to bring "Mr. Toad" to class.  My
husband & I live in Santa Rosa.  I am retired and would love to give rides
in my car.  The first pix is older before I had the interior redone to match
the biscuit grill has required.

I love to talk about my car or just have people admire it.
Betz Miller
539-3654 H
481-0924 C

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Mitch Utsey
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 4:15 PM
To: North Bay British Car Club
Subject: [NOBBC] Visit to a High School, and or a Boy Scout Troop

Howdy all!

A while back, someone posted that they were sad that no school, and no Boy
Scout troop had taken up the offers of the club to come and show off the
cool Little British Sports cars.

I'm the Auto Shop teacher at Santa Rosa High, and mentor for the High School
Car Club. I'm also Scoutmaster for Troop 220 in Windsor.

The Car club at SRHS would love to have y'all come by some time.

Troop 220 would love for y'all to come by some time.

The Auto Shop students are learning the basics on my 1965 Triumph Spitfire
that is currently on a lift, sans body....

Which reminds me: One of the students is looking for as many old car horns
as he can find. Especially if they are the "tunable" type, such as on old
Spitfires, and other cars. He's hoping to gang a number of them together by
the end of the year, tune them, and be able to play a tune on car horns at
the End of the School Year "Harvest Fair" and Car Show that we have here
each year.

The Car Club at the High School would love either a "mini-car show", or one
person who might be willing to bring their car in at lunch on a Tuesday, and
let the club members look in, on, and all around it.

What do y'all think?

-Mitch
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
P1060400.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
_FSC5598.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
_FSC5600-Edit-2.jpg]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Betz Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:50:57 -0700

My apologies.  I intended to send this only to Mitch.  I am a Christian who
believes that God loves everyone.
Sorry,
Betz

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Gianni
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 7:21 PM
To: North Bay British Car Club
Cc: North Bay British Car Club
Subject: Re: [NOBBC] Visit to a High School

Hi Mitch,

-----Original Message-----

Howdy all!

What do y'all think?

-Mitch

_FSC5600-Edit-2.jpg] _______________________________________________

---

From: "Clif & Deborah Williamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:15:16 -0700

Sorry Julia,
I agree with Betz and don't understand why you think her response was either 
mean spirited or unchristian, whatever that is.  I would say shame on you 
for blasting her for having an opinion different than yours.  Seems to me 
the Boy Scouts and you are the narrow minded ones.  The BSA has taken the 
position that, if you are a gay young man/boy there is something wrong with 
you and therefor you have no place the the BSA, that you might somehow 
contaminate other boys.
I was a cub scout/webelo, first class scout, and then sea scout in the 50's. 
I supported the scouts well beyond my time in the scouts but when they 
decided the gay boys were unfit to be scouts I stopped.  At that point I 
realized they were not accepting of people as "God" created them.
If anybody needs to take a course in sensitivity it is you Julia.
I would suggest you start with Mathew 7.  Read all of it.
It is not your place to judge gays or Betz.  For you to suggest that Betz is 
unchristian is unconscionable.
Scout Law:  A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, 
kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.  There is no 
mention in the law about being a bigot.  If you knew the scout law you would 
have noted "...helpful, friendly, courteous, kind..."  Your comment was non 
of these.
Or maybe the last last six words of you pledge of allegiance would be 
appropriate.  "...with liberty and justice for all."
Sorry Betz.
Nobody deserves to be talked to like Julia has talked to you.  And nobody 
deserves to be treated like the BSA has treated young gay boys.  Shame on 
both .
Clif Williamson
1974 Jensen Healey.

-----Original Message----- 
From: Gianni
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 7:20 PM
To: North Bay British Car Club
Cc: North Bay British Car Club
Subject: Re: [NOBBC] Visit to a High School

Hi Mitch,

-----Original Message-----

Howdy all!

What do y'all think?

-Mitch

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]

---

From: "David Willson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 07:50:10 -0700

Very nicely said, Clif.
d

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Clif & Deborah Williamson
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 9:15 PM
To: North Bay British Car Club
Subject: Re: [NOBBC] Visit to a High School

Sorry Julia,

---

From: Mitch Utsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 11:43:40 -0700

Howdy all!

Autoshop Teacher Mitch would like to say "Thank you"!, and we'll be giving
you a call! If any others would be interested, We'd greatly appreciate it.

And, yes, I'm a member, but I've been mostly in "lurker" status, as I
slowly build my Spitfire.

Scoutmaster Mitch would like to say, "Troop 220 in Windsor will not turn
any boy away from scouts who comes to take part in Scouting. We don't care
how that particular switch is wired in your brain. It has never been an
issue, and the church that supports us supports this view.

BSA National has reversed it's original statement banning Gay Scouts, but
not completely, and will be revisiting the issue in, I believe, another
year. (a questionnaire was sent out to all units, and the response that
they got was NOT what they expected)

As "Boy Scouts of America" doesn't support having sex with Scouts, it
shouldn't matter if they aren't having gay sex, or aren't having straight
sex, because it won't be an issue at a Scouting event....."

So, If y'all would like to come out to one of our meetings, or, if y'all
might want to have a rally that might take some time at the "Vineyard of
Faith" off Arata in Windsor on some weekend, we'd love to have the scouts
see the cars.

For that matter, the Church is getting a Friday Night Gearhead group going,
and the Pastor rebuilds classic cars in his "spare" time. (I don't attend,
but I do like what they are doing!).

Thank y'all, and have a good one!

-Mitch

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM, David Willson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]

---

From: Greg Tatarian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 12:57:25 -0700

Hi Mitch,

Thanks very much for your emails on this subject. I was the person who 
first suggested, several weeks ago, that we think about having a show 
and shine or other activity at a school to encourage and foster 
appreciation for our old cars with younger people. I thank you for 
stepping up and expressing your willingness to help make this happen, 
and would love to participate.

One of my most formative experiences was auto shop in high school, as I 
was already a gearhead from a much younger age, but without the 
technical guidance needed to better develop my skills until that shop, 
and subsequent exposure to older mechanics willing to teach me 
invaluable lessons. I am just happy to hear there is still an auto shop 
in any school around! Even earlier than that, I was greatly influenced 
by the British and European cars prevalent in my neighborhood when I was 
young, and the willingness of many neighbors to let me sit in them, get 
a ride, see their workshop, etc.

Regarding the discussion about Scouts, I also appreciate your comments, 
and in particular, the way you have responded. I think we need to be 
aware of the hazards of painting all others with the same broad brush.

NOW DONNING MODERATOR HAT TO ALL MEMBERS:
Opinions, whether religious or political, expressed in forums or lists 
like this run the risk of snowballing into personal attacks. DO NOT make 
personal attacks on this list or the Yahoo Forum. If you have a gripe, 
take it off-list, or better yet, discuss it in person with the subject 
of your comments. If you don't agree with this policy, you are welcome 
to take over the position of list and group administrator/moderator, but 
I will hold members to this policy as long as I am in this role.

BACK TO MITCH:
Interesting Pastor you've got there, restoring classic cars. Tell us more?

Anyone else interested in helping Mitch put something together, 
preferably before the rains begin?

Best to you all,

Greg Tatarian

P.S. By far, the greatest amount of traffic for our club occurs on the 
Yahoo Group. Please consider joining that group so you can participate 
more, and be notified of events. If you are on both this list and the 
group, make sure to cross-post if you want the active membership to see 
your posts.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive