Subject: [NOBBC] Visit to a High School, and or a Boy Scout Troop

From: Mitch Utsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:14:42 -0700

Howdy all!

A while back, someone posted that they were sad that no school, and no Boy
Scout troop had taken up the offers of the club to come and show off the
cool Little British Sports cars.

I'm the Auto Shop teacher at Santa Rosa High, and mentor for the High
School Car Club. I'm also Scoutmaster for Troop 220 in Windsor.

The Car club at SRHS would love to have y'all come by some time.

Troop 220 would love for y'all to come by some time.

The Auto Shop students are learning the basics on my 1965 Triumph Spitfire
that is currently on a lift, sans body....

Which reminds me: One of the students is looking for as many old car horns
as he can find. Especially if they are the "tunable" type, such as on old
Spitfires, and other cars. He's hoping to gang a number of them together by
the end of the year, tune them, and be able to play a tune on car horns at
the End of the School Year "Harvest Fair" and Car Show that we have here
each year.

The Car Club at the High School would love either a "mini-car show", or one
person who might be willing to bring their car in at lunch on a Tuesday,
and let the club members look in, on, and all around it.

What do y'all think?

-Mitch
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Robin Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:42:00 -0700

Hello Mitch,

Here's what I think:

In the far distant past a zillion years ago I was a high school teacher in
the South City Jefferson Dist.; so I have an affinity for young adults,
especially those in vocational programs. that said, I am a retired British
Car Shop owner and mechanic. Old British Mechanics never die; they just
wrench away. I have a bunch of old horns that you can come and retrieve at
my home shop in SW Santa Rosa. I currently am replacing all brake lines and
rebuilding calipers on a Mk2 Jaguar the horn person might like to see.

My Marine Corps League Detachment in Santa Rosa sponsors Troop 999 in
Windsor. Maybe you can get together with  scoutmaster Keith and the club
can do a session for both troops?? I think your troop helps us with the
Memorial Day Avenue of Flags?

I have a few Spit odds and ends you can have.

See ya,

Robin

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Mitch Utsey <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]