Subject: [NOBBC] Lubricheck - The digital 'blood tester' for your car

From: Don <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 10:33:57 -0700

I just saw this product mentioned in the latest Sierra Club 
magazine.  It's a device for checking the condition of the oil in 
your car's engine.  Price is less than $50.  I have always changed 
oil at 3k miles, but I have not been using time as a factor, just 
miles.  Some of my cars don't accumulate 3k miles in three years.
The factors this device is supposed to be able to check 
are:  acidity, metal particulates, carbonized particulates, and 
foreign liquids.
:
http://www.lubricheck.com/demo/home/resources

Anyone out there know anything about the device?  Any thoughts?  I am 
thinking I may just buy one unless I read or hear something negative.

---------------------------------------------

Don Scott,  Calistoga CA USA  / 1955 MGTF, 1962 MGA Mk 2, 1967 MGB, 
1963-7 MGB (seeking), Misc. Japanese cars
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive