Subject: Re: [NOBBC] car query, not British

From: "Mike Gianandrea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 07:10:56 -0700

Hi Don,,

I agree with John Kenner, plenty of lawyers out there to take this case, I 
have a good one in Santa Rosa if you want to get back to me. The fact that 
the drunken idiot has a lot of money does not put him above the law, nor 
does it over ride his criminal negligence. He should be sued, should suffer 
some consequences, certainly loss of driving priveledges, and maybe some 
jail time to make sure he learns something, and your friend certainly 
deserves some compensation. What if her leg is damaged for good? Go after 
the guy with a vengence.

Michael Gianandrea

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Don" <[email-masked]>
To: "North Bay British Car Club" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:04 AM
Subject: [NOBBC] car query, not British

> Guys,
>
> First my apologies for posting this to the British car list.
>
> Here is the story.  A gal who my wife knows had her car destroyed by a 
> drunk driver.  He hit her Toyota from the rear going about 80 mph, 
> knocking her car off the road and into a field and a tree.  Her car had an 
> airbag; otherwise she would be dead instead of injured.  The drunk guy is 
> very wealthy and has a history of drunk driving, but has enough legal 
> clout to keep out of jail.  And, to make matters worse, his insurance had 
> "lapsed" for about a week when he ran into the gal's car!
>
> She has uninsured driver but it's not going to cover all her costs.  She 
> doesn't have the energy to go the lawsuit route.  Her car is destroyed, 
> and she needs another one.
> She is naive about buying a car as the one she had she had owned for 
> twenty years.  If anyone knows of an older, preferably Japanese, car that 
> is sound and under $3,500, please email me.  Her leg is damaged from the 
> accident, so would have to be an automatic.  And she wants a car with an 
> airbag again, as that is what saved her life before.
>
> Thanks!
> Don Scott
> Calistoga
> 3 MGs
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]

---

From: Daniel Drummond <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 14:30:41 +0000

As a lawyer myself, let me just add that if the facts are as presented, the
case looks to be pretty straight forward.  In fact, if the facts are as
presented, this case looks to be a good candidate for a contingency fee
arrangement in which case your friend wouldn't have to lay out any cash from
her own pocket.  I have often found, however, that those who present a case of
clear liability, but can't be bothered with a lawsuit, or don't have the
energy, or whatever explanation they use, usually do so because the facts are
not as represented.  There's always more to the story.

I don't handle PI cases like this, but know lots of attorneys that do.  If
your friend needs a referral, let me know.

Daniel A. Drummond
Attorney at Law
576 B Street, Suite 2F
Santa Rosa, California 95401
(707) 542-3418

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Mike Gianandrea
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:11 AM
To: North Bay British Car Club
Subject: Re: [NOBBC] car query, not British

Hi Don,,

I agree with John Kenner, plenty of lawyers out there to take this case, I
have a good one in Santa Rosa if you want to get back to me. The fact that the
drunken idiot has a lot of money does not put him above the law, nor does it
over ride his criminal negligence. He should be sued, should suffer some
consequences, certainly loss of driving priveledges, and maybe some jail time
to make sure he learns something, and your friend certainly deserves some
compensation. What if her leg is damaged for good? Go after the guy with a
vengence.

Michael Gianandrea

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don" <[email-masked]>
To: "North Bay British Car Club" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:04 AM
Subject: [NOBBC] car query, not British

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]