Subject: [NOBBC] car query, not British

From: Don <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 01:04:47 -0700

Guys,

First my apologies for posting this to the British car list.

Here is the story.  A gal who my wife knows had her car destroyed by 
a drunk driver.  He hit her Toyota from the rear going about 80 mph, 
knocking her car off the road and into a field and a tree.  Her car 
had an airbag; otherwise she would be dead instead of injured.  The 
drunk guy is very wealthy and has a history of drunk driving, but has 
enough legal clout to keep out of jail.  And, to make matters worse, 
his insurance had "lapsed" for about a week when he ran into the gal's car!

She has uninsured driver but it's not going to cover all her 
costs.  She doesn't have the energy to go the lawsuit route.  Her car 
is destroyed, and she needs another one.
She is naive about buying a car as the one she had she had owned for 
twenty years.  If anyone knows of an older, preferably Japanese, car 
that is sound and under $3,500, please email me.  Her leg is damaged 
from the accident, so would have to be an automatic.  And she wants a 
car with an airbag again, as that is what saved her life before.

Thanks!
Don Scott
Calistoga
3 MGs
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]

---

From: JOHN KENNER <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 05:53:47 -0700

Tell your friend to stop being a victim and sue the drunken idiot.
There are a thousand attorneys out there just waiting for this case.
Then she can buy a new BMW and be happy.

JOHN KENNER
2 many lbc

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Don
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:05 AM
To: North Bay British Car Club
Subject: [NOBBC] car query, not British

Guys,

Here is the story.  A gal who my wife knows had her car destroyed by a drunk
driver.  He hit her Toyota from the rear going about 80 mph, knocking her
car off the road and into a field and a tree.  Her car had an airbag;
otherwise she would be dead instead of injured.  The drunk guy is very
wealthy and has a history of drunk driving, but has enough legal clout to
keep out of jail.  And, to make matters worse, his insurance had "lapsed"
for about a week when he ran into the gal's car!

She has uninsured driver but it's not going to cover all her costs.  She
doesn't have the energy to go the lawsuit route.  Her car is destroyed, and
she needs another one.
She is naive about buying a car as the one she had she had owned for twenty
years.  If anyone knows of an older, preferably Japanese, car that is sound
and under $3,500, please email me.  Her leg is damaged from the accident, so
would have to be an automatic.  And she wants a car with an airbag again, as
that is what saved her life before.

Thanks!
Don Scott
Calistoga
3 MGs
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]

---

From: Gary Germano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 07:35:16 -0700

Don,
No apologies needed about the list. Sounds like this guy could easily have
wiped out a number of us on a tour.
First, literally thank God she is ok!
1) His insurance "lapsed" for about a week when he ran into the gal's car sure
sounds a bit too "coincidental" to me.
2) It is illegal in Ca. to drive without insurance. Nothing negative implied
here, but if he was poor and or a minority, his car would be impounded, his
license taken away immediately, and he would go to jail...ESPECIALLY..with a
history of drunk driving. AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE HERE.
LET HIM GET A CHAUFFEUR AND SOLVE HIS TRANSPORTATION PROBLEMS....AND INSURE
SAFETY TO OTHER DRIVERS ON THE ROAD.
3) IMO, she needs to get a good law firm who doesn't want to lose to take this
case on a contingency basis. Again, IMO, she has a moral obligation to keep
him off the road. Convince her.
4) Another reason for mandatory ignition interlocks for any first drunk
driving offense in California.
Gary

> Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 01:04:47 -0700
> To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andy Preston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 12:41:53 -0700

Don, you can see that everyone has the same feelings about this jerk and he
should be taken to court.  My good friend and neighbor is an attorney and
handles these type of cases.  He's very easy to talk to and friendly.
Contact me off line if you think she can be persuaded to move forward with a
claim against him. 

Andy

-----Original Message-----

Guys,

Thanks!
Don Scott
Calistoga
3 MGs
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/nobbc/[email-masked]