Subject: [Mgs] problems with ground etc

From: dave northrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 21:05:06 +0000

--_005_a8b2f3a74a284d44a5535a2c047c1b64ranteercom_
	boundary="_000_a8b2f3a74a284d44a5535a2c047c1b64ranteercom_"

--_000_a8b2f3a74a284d44a5535a2c047c1b64ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The attached 2 pictures show the generator and the starter.  I think there =
are problems with both.  Rebuilding the car from scratch with a new wiring =
harness; the dpo just used red, blue, and black so I cut the wires out.

The two tabs on the generator - both show a connection to ground with a mul=
ti meter.  I'm pretty sure that's bad.

The post on the starter - it too shows a connection to ground with a multi =
meter.  That's bad, too, right?

Actually, I've used 2 different multi meters with the same result.  And by =
ground I mean the chassis of the device itself

No battery installed yet, and the rest of the car is disconnected from thes=
e devices.

--_000_a8b2f3a74a284d44a5535a2c047c1b64ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micr=
osoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http:=
//www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D"word-wrap:=
break-word">
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">The attached 2 pictures show the generator and the s=
tarter.&nbsp; I think there are problems with both.&nbsp; Rebuilding the ca=
r from scratch with a new wiring harness; the dpo just used red, blue, and =
black so I cut the wires out.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">The two tabs on the generator &#8211; both show a co=
nnection to ground with a multi meter.&nbsp; I&#8217;m pretty sure that&#82=
17;s bad.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">The post on the starter &#8211; it too shows a conne=
ction to ground with a multi meter.&nbsp; That&#8217;s bad, too, right?<o:p=
></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Actually, I&#8217;ve used 2 different multi meters w=
ith the same result.&nbsp; And by ground I mean the chassis of the device i=
tself<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">No battery installed yet, and the rest of the car is=
 disconnected from these devices.&nbsp;
<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_a8b2f3a74a284d44a5535a2c047c1b64ranteercom_--

--_005_a8b2f3a74a284d44a5535a2c047c1b64ranteercom_
Content-Description: starter.jpg
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="starter.jpg"; size=1813959;
	creation-date="Fri, 12 May 2023 21:03:55 GMT";
	modification-date="Fri, 12 May 2023 21:05:04 GMT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_005_a8b2f3a74a284d44a5535a2c047c1b64ranteercom_
Content-Description: generator.jpg
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="generator.jpg"; size=1573403;
	creation-date="Fri, 12 May 2023 21:03:57 GMT";
	modification-date="Fri, 12 May 2023 21:05:05 GMT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_005_a8b2f3a74a284d44a5535a2c047c1b64ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--_005_a8b2f3a74a284d44a5535a2c047c1b64ranteercom_--