Subject: [Mgs] MGA and True Spark Ignition

From: dave n via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:51:31 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============5981805432257341554==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0005_01D22A31.6CBE2350"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01D22A31.6CBE2350
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have a 25D4E True Spark distributor/electronic ignition.

on the box is says the red to the + and the black to the =E2=80=93 on =
the coil.

but it doesn=E2=80=99t say where to put the power wire from the =
generator (56 MGA, negative ground).

on a pertronix, the power goes to the +

on the stock analog ignition, the power goes to the -

I called BPNW and SHAME ON THEM they could not help me!!!!

so I=E2=80=99m looking for some advice here on where to put the white =
wire
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01D22A31.6CBE2350
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>I have a 25D4E True Spark distributor/electronic ignition.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>on the box is says the red to the + and the black to the =E2=80=93 =
on the=20
coil.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>but it doesn=E2=80=99t say where to put the power wire from the =
generator (56 MGA,=20
negative ground).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>on a pertronix, the power goes to the +</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>on the stock analog ignition, the power goes to the -</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I called BPNW and SHAME ON THEM they could not help me!!!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>so I=E2=80=99m looking for some advice here on where to put the =
white=20
wire</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01D22A31.6CBE2350--

--===============5981805432257341554==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============5981805432257341554==--

---

From: Eric J Russell via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:10:09 -0400

> on the box is says the red to the + and the black to the ? on the coil.
> but it doesn?t say where to put the power wire from the generator (56 MGA, 
> negative ground).

> so I?m looking for some advice here on where to put the white wire

Since the unit is described as for negative ground cars, assuming the 'white 
wire' is the power supply, then it would go to a positive source that is 
switched on by the ignition switch.

For an MGA wire diagram you can go here: 
http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/electr_1.htm

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

[email-masked]