Subject: [Mgs] MGB 14W wiper motor

From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 13:25:16 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6540243379249205352==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004E_01D1B364.36BC59F0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01D1B364.36BC59F0
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Anyone changed the brush set on the 2-speed type?

I've had the same problem on two separate motors - when the motor casing =
is tightened up to the gearbox casing the armature binds very badly, =
I've had to put a small washer in one particular place to angle the two =
casings slightly.

With the second one I even refitted the old brush set and it ran just =
fine (the brushes ARE well worn and the motor has become very reluctant =
to get going after not being used for some time), but with the new one =
refitted it was binding again.

Also comparing the old and new brush sets although there is obviously =
significantly more carbon on the new compared to the old, the springs =
don't push the backs of the brushes to anywhere near the position of the =
old brushes, which means that although the business end of the new =
brushes do stick out further than the old brushes, it is only just =
further, so they won't wear very much at all before they fail to make =
contact.

PaulH.

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01D1B364.36BC59F0
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<P=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(250,250,250); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 1.5em 10px 1.5em 0px; FONT: =
12px/18px Verdana, Tahoma, 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif; WORD-WRAP: normal; =
WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Anyone=20
changed the brush set on the 2-speed type?</P>
<P=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(250,250,250); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 1.5em 10px 1.5em 0px; FONT: =
12px/18px Verdana, Tahoma, 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif; WORD-WRAP: normal; =
WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">I've=20
had the same problem on two separate motors - when the motor casing is =
tightened=20
up to the gearbox casing the armature binds very badly, I've had to put =
a small=20
washer in one particular place to angle the two casings slightly.</P>
<P=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(250,250,250); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 1.5em 10px 1.5em 0px; FONT: =
12px/18px Verdana, Tahoma, 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif; WORD-WRAP: normal; =
WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">With=20
the second one I even refitted the old brush set and it ran just fine =
(the=20
brushes ARE well worn and the motor has become very reluctant to get =
going after=20
not being used for some time), but with the new one refitted it was =
binding=20
again.</P>
<P=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(250,250,250); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 1.5em 10px 1.5em 0px; FONT: =
12px/18px Verdana, Tahoma, 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif; WORD-WRAP: normal; =
WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Also=20
comparing the old and new brush sets although there is obviously =
significantly=20
more carbon on the new compared to the old, the springs don't push the =
backs of=20
the brushes to anywhere near the position of the old brushes, which =
means that=20
although the business end of the new brushes do stick out further than =
the old=20
brushes, it is only just further, so they won't wear very much at all =
before=20
they fail to make contact.</P>
<P=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(250,250,250); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 1.5em 10px 1.5em 0px; FONT: =
12px/18px Verdana, Tahoma, 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif; WORD-WRAP: normal; =
WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">&nbsp;</P>
<P=20
style=3D"WIDOWS: 1; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(250,250,250); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 1.5em 10px 1.5em 0px; FONT: =
12px/18px Verdana, Tahoma, 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif; WORD-WRAP: normal; =
WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><FONT=20
size=3D2 face=3DArial>PaulH.</FONT></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01D1B364.36BC59F0--

--===============6540243379249205352==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============6540243379249205352==--