Subject: [Mgs] MGB Heater not working

From: Bert Palte via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:43:25 +0200

Well fellow listers, I haven't seen any messages here for a long time, 
so here we go.

I rebuilt my heater some time ago because of a leaking core.
Not a very easy job, BTW.

The heater has been functioning correctly for some time, but now I can't 
seem to get it working any more.
What could be the problem?

Apart from the core, I also changed the heater valve and the fan. The 
fan is still working.

The car is a 1970 B Roadster.

TIA

Bert
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: mgbob--- via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 14:04:46 GMT

--===============4348615145316643356==

----__JWM__J41eb0fe4.5db01fc9S.6e62262eM
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Hi Bert,  My approach would be to disconnect hoses to the heater at valv=
e and at the pipe on other side, then to run water from a garden hose th=
rough the heater.  It should flow freely, possibly bringing a surprising=
 amount of sludge along. Then put the hose to radiator, with the valve o=
pen, and check that water flows through the valve.    This will dilute t=
he antifreeze mix--remember to correct it for winter season.  If water f=
lows in these tests, try starting engine to see if the water pump pumps.=
 You can run a minute or so, plenty long to test this, with coolant leve=
l low.Bob
---------- Original Message ----------
From: Bert Palte via Mgs <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] MGB Heater not working
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:43:25 +0200

Well fellow listers, I haven't seen any messages here for a long time, =

so here we go.

The heater has been functioning correctly for some time, but now I can't=
 =

Apart from the core, I also changed the heater valve and the fan. The =

fan is still working.

TIA

Bert

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

----__JWM__J41eb0fe4.5db01fc9S.6e62262eM
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<html><div><br>Hi Bert,</div><div>&nbsp; My approach would be to disconn=
ect hoses to the heater at valve and at the pipe on other side, then to =
run water from a garden hose through the heater. &nbsp;It should flow fr=
eely, possibly bringing a surprising amount of sludge along. Then put th=
e hose to radiator, with the valve open, and check that water flows thro=
ugh the valve. &nbsp;</div><div>&nbsp; This will dilute the antifreeze m=
ix--remember to correct it for winter season.</div><div>&nbsp; If water =
flows in these tests, try starting engine to see if the water pump pumps=
. You can run a minute or so, plenty long to test this, with coolant lev=
el low.</div><div>Bob</div><div><br>---------- Original Message --------=
--<br>From: Bert Palte via Mgs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: mgs@aut=
ox.team.net<br>Subject: [Mgs] MGB Heater not working<br>Date: Mon, 18 Ap=
r 2016 10:43:25 +0200<br><br>Well fellow listers, I haven't seen any mes=
sages here for a long time, <br>so here we go.<br><br>I rebuilt my heate=
r some time ago because of a leaking core.<br>Not a very easy job, BTW.<=
br><br>The heater has been functioning correctly for some time, but now =
I can't <br>seem to get it working any more.<br>What could be the proble=
m?<br><br>Apart from the core, I also changed the heater valve and the f=
an. The <br>fan is still working.<br><br>The car is a 1970 B Roadster.<b=
r><br>TIA<br><br>Bert<br>_______________________________________________=
<br><br>[email-masked]<br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br=
>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/=
archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>Unsubscribe: http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</p></html>

----__JWM__J41eb0fe4.5db01fc9S.6e62262eM--

--===============4348615145316643356==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4348615145316643356==--