Subject: [Mgs] Heater not Working

From: John Di Fede via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 16:35:01 -0400

Burt,

Check to see that the heater control knob is working properly and opening
and closing the heat control flap located under the dash board on the
passenger side behind the radio. 

Also check the heat valve on the motor.  Have someone work the dash control
knob while you observe movement at the valve to see if it is opening and
closing properly.  You are looking to determine if the cable is moving the
valve lever from full open to full closed.  
 
John DiFede
1973 MGB

-----Original Message-----
From: Mgs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 2:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Mgs Digest, Vol 107, Issue 5

Send Mgs mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/mgs
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of Mgs digest..."

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

Today's Topics:

   1. MGB Heater not working (Bert Palte)
   2. Re: MGB Heater not working ([email-masked])

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:43:25 +0200
From: Bert Palte <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] MGB Heater not working

Well fellow listers, I haven't seen any messages here for a long time, so
here we go.

I rebuilt my heater some time ago because of a leaking core.
Not a very easy job, BTW.

The heater has been functioning correctly for some time, but now I can't
seem to get it working any more.
What could be the problem?

Apart from the core, I also changed the heater valve and the fan. The fan is
still working.

The car is a 1970 B Roadster.

TIA

Bert

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 14:04:46 GMT
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB Heater not working

Hi Bert,  My approach would be to disconnect hoses to the heater at valve
and at the pipe on other side, then to run water from a garden hose through
the heater.  It should flow freely, possibly bringing a surprising amount of
sludge along. Then put the hose to radiator, with the valve open, and check
that water flows through the valve.    This will dilute the antifreeze
mix--remember to correct it for winter season.  If water flows in these
tests, try starting engine to see if the water pump pumps. You can run a
minute or so, plenty long to test this, with coolant level low.Bob
---------- Original Message ----------
From: Bert Palte via Mgs <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] MGB Heater not working
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:43:25 +0200

Well fellow listers, I haven't seen any messages here for a long time, so
here we go.

I rebuilt my heater some time ago because of a leaking core.
Not a very easy job, BTW.

The heater has been functioning correctly for some time, but now I can't
seem to get it working any more.
What could be the problem?

Apart from the core, I also changed the heater valve and the fan. The fan is
still working.

The car is a 1970 B Roadster.

TIA

Bert
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/mgs/attachments/20160418/b648e1e1/attachmen
t-0001.html>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Mgs mailing list
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/mgs

------------------------------

End of Mgs Digest, Vol 107, Issue 5
***********************************

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
http://www.avast.com

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]