Subject: [Mgs] Old MGB parts - what's worth keeping or selling?

From: Steve Shoyer via Mgs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 15:52:17 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1103745701982279135==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_007D_01D14963.63C26810"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_007D_01D14963.63C26810
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi, I'm trying to make some space in my garage, so I'm going through boxes
that haven't been opened in 10 years.  I have a lot of parts that I pulled
from the parts cars (1978 and 1979) I used to rebuild my 1980 MGB after it
caught on fire.  I've got a mix of parts, mostly small enough to pick up and
put into a box.  The largest piece is a flywheel, but there are a couple of
starters, a Z-S carb, some emissions parts, old wiring harnesses, some
plastic parts (fan blade, windshield washer reservoir) - basically, whatever
I could easily remove.

So now it's a decade later and I need the room more than I need the parts.
Is there anything that I should look for in my boxes that is hard to find
and might be good to sell on eBay, or anything that I shouldn't even bother
wiping off and just take it to the metal recycling station?  There are a lot
of air pumps, tonneau bars, jacks, etc. listed on eBay, so I don't want to
go through the effort of listing everything if there isn't really a market
for it.

Thanks.  I'm located near Boston, MA if anyone wants to take a look.

--Steve (1980 MGB, plus parts)

------=_NextPart_000_007D_01D14963.63C26810
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi, I&#8217;m trying to make some space in my garage, =
so I&#8217;m going through boxes that haven&#8217;t been opened in 10 =
years.&nbsp; I have a lot of parts that I pulled from the parts cars =
(1978 and 1979) I used to rebuild my 1980 MGB after it caught on =
fire.&nbsp; I&#8217;ve got a mix of parts, mostly small enough to pick =
up and put into a box.&nbsp; The largest piece is a flywheel, but there =
are a couple of starters, a Z-S carb, some emissions parts, old wiring =
harnesses, some plastic parts (fan blade, windshield washer reservoir) =
&#8211; basically, whatever I could easily remove.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>So now =
it&#8217;s a decade later and I need the room more than I need the =
parts.&nbsp; Is there anything that I should look for in my boxes that =
is hard to find and might be good to sell on eBay, or anything that I =
shouldn&#8217;t even bother wiping off and just take it to the metal =
recycling station?&nbsp; There are a lot of air pumps, tonneau bars, =
jacks, etc. listed on eBay, so I don&#8217;t want to go through the =
effort of listing everything if there isn&#8217;t really a market for =
it.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks.&nbsp; I&#8217;m located near Boston, MA if =
anyone wants to take a look.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>--Steve =
(1980 MGB, plus parts)<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_007D_01D14963.63C26810--

--===============1103745701982279135==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============1103745701982279135==--