Subject: [Mgs] TD continuing work...

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 11:15:48 -0500

Hi Friends,

Just a tiny update today.  I've not been in the garage too much
lately.  Been babysitting our grandson.  Priorities, you see.  :-)

First up today is work on the waterpump.  In this picture, I have just
removed the pulley.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130806_093759.jpg

Here's the pulley, fully cleaned and primered (still wet).

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130806_100056.jpg

Here's the pulley, now painted red and ready for installation on the
new waterpump.  In the background of the picture is a new thermostat,
also freshly painted engine color.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130808_104913.jpg

After that work was finished, I decided to remove the distributor for
restoration.  Before removal, I took this picture, just for reference.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130806_100244.jpg

Here is the breaker plate, as removed.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130807_072401.jpg

It has now been cleaned and the new parts are sitting in their boxes
awaiting installation.  The rest of the distributor has been cleaned,
measured and lubricated.  Here's a look at the distributor, not so
much of a glamour shot but one revealing the numbers.  Its ready for
new points, condenser, rotor and reinstallation.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130807_072413.jpg

And over on the workbench is the stabilizer link, awaiting cleanup and
refinishing.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130807_074341.jpg

And just to show the magnitude of the cleaning needed before the fun,
technical work can begin, here's how things look.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130806_100310.jpg

And that picture of the engine, included above, shows the degree of
MESS that results from this kind of work.  One might find this trivial
but I work in a home garage, and that means there is big risk of
tracking grease, oil and dirt into the house.  That just can't happen
so I must stop work and clean.  Such is life.

regards,

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]