Subject: [Mgs] Flasher unit

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:35:42 -0700

OK, I give up -- where is the flasher unit located on a Mk.1 MGB? The manual
doesn't give any hints about the physical location, and for once the Moss
catalog doesn't have a handy illustration. If I ever knew, I've forgotten,
and I'm not seeing it up under the dash.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Menlo Park, CA,
it's the primer red one with chrome wires
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 22:47:35 GMT

On the bulkhead, over passenger's right knee.
It can be cylindrical, like most flashers, or a cube that fits into a holder.
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
To: MG List <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Mgs] Flasher unit
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:35:42 -0700

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 08:36:07 +0100

Almost certainly 3-wire cylindrical on a Mk1 unless it has been replaced 
with a later 2-wire cube or modern electronic.  The third wire on the 
original is not an earth like it is on modern electronic flashers, but is 
used to flash the tell-tales on the dash in conjunction with a flasher 
switch that has an additional set of contacts.  You can use a more recent 
2-pin, or a modern electronic 3-pin, by joining the light-green/yellow and 
light-green/blue wires to the green/red and green/white wires at the bullets 
by the steering column, although the original 3-pin surprisingly doesn't 
seem to be any more expensive than the alternatives.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]