Subject: [Mgs] Top installation

From: Paul Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 20:25:46 -0500

I'm taking vacation this week, Tuesday to Friday. And I had two things on my
to-do list. First was to paint the floor of my garage. I finished that this
morning. That was a day and a half of prep and two hours spread over two days.
About what I expected. I used the epoxy stuff, it looks good.

So the MG spent it's second night out of a garage in the 12 years I've owned
it.

Anyway, this afternoon, I did the top. It went reasonably well. And looks
pretty good. We will see in a couple days I suppose.

The last thing I haven't done is glue the fabric around the bar. And I have a
question. I should just glue the two flaps together, not onto the bar, right?

Paul.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:04:22 GMT

John Twist writes about the top bar glueing in the Sept/Oct issue of MGB
Driver. He says to wrap and glue the rear fabric around the bar, then when
dry, wrap and glue the front fabric.
    Vinyl adhesive from hardware store may be the cheapest effective glue.
    I didn't glue it, though. The bar must be at the sem to achieve the
correct profile, but I used a light cord on each side to position the bar.
The bar can then move when folding, and the top folds slightly tighter.
    Tell us more about the floor paint, why you chose the one you did, and
about concrete preparation, please.
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Paul Root <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] Top installation
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 20:25:46 -0500

I'm taking vacation this week, Tuesday to Friday. And I had two things on my
to-do list. First was to paint the floor of my garage. I finished that this
morning. That was a day and a half of prep and two hours spread over two
days.
About what I expected. I used the epoxy stuff, it looks good.

Paul.

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]