Subject: [Mgs] Painting the floor. (Was Top installation)

From: Paul Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:10:31 -0500

I used the Rustoleum Epoxy garage floor kit available at the local home
improvement store.
I cleaned everything out of the garage, but have no place for things like the
work bench, tool chest, and some rolling shelves I built.

Then sweep, sweep, sweep. Hose it out. Sweep some more. Then degreaser,
scrubbing all the oil and whatever spots. Then sweep, hose, repeat.

Next was patching. I got a 10lb bag of vinyl concrete patch, and patched the
cracks and holes. I could have uses another 5lbs probably. Rustoleum has some
epoxy patch as well, but I didn't notice it when I bought the vinyl.

That was day one. It was hot out. More than 30 minutes at a time out there was
about all I could do.

The second morning was etching. The kit comes with a bag or citric acid. You
mix it up, hose the floor and.scrub with the acid. Rinse, rinse, rinse. Let it
dry. They warn now, that it has to be absolutely clean.

Then it is just a matter of mixing, pore the activator into the base, mix for
three minutes. I also added  some anti-slip grit.. Then wait according to the
temperature as found on the provided chart. For me, that was no wait.

Paint a section, sprinkle on the color chips, repeat. At above 80F, the chart
says you have an hour to apply. That isn't a problem.

Then, 24 hours dry time to walk on, and 72 or more for driving.

The proof will be after a winter with the stuff.

Two nights ago, it rained. Last night it didn't.

Paul.
Sent from my iPad

On Aug 30, 2013, at 12:04 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>   John Twist writes about the top bar glueing in the Sept/Oct issue of MGB
> Driver. He says to wrap and glue the rear fabric around the bar, then when
> dry, wrap and glue the front fabric.
>    Vinyl adhesive from hardware store may be the cheapest effective glue.
>    I didn't glue it, though. The bar must be at the sem to achieve the
> correct profile, but I used a light cord on each side to position the bar.
> The bar can then move when folding, and the top folds slightly tighter.
>    Tell us more about the floor paint, why you chose the one you did, and
> about concrete preparation, please.
> Bob
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]