Subject: Re: [Mgs] Riviera Blue?

From: John Elwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 17:57:54 -0400

The solid or metallic version?  Metallic I think was MGC only color.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 10:06:37 -0500

On 8/24/2013 4:54 PM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> A local club member asked about modern codes for this paint color.
> Any help? 

SORRY to do this Mark, but Google IS your friend <G>:

About 26,100,000 results(0.41 seconds)
Did you mean: */riviera/* blue paint 
<https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&hs=eMd&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&nfpr=1&biw=1152&bih=622&q=riviera+blue+paint&spell=1&sa=X&ei=mBwaUu7rIqW42AWCjoGgCw&ved=0CCgQBSgA> 

2nd hit has the code of:
<Q>
Buy Riveria /Blue/ BLBU44 Touch Up /Paint/ for Your 1964 MG All Models.
</Q>

Ed

[email-masked]

---

From: "David Councill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 08:19:26 -0700

To add to this (I also used google although I used a few additional keywords
to find this exact page), I have always used Paul Tegler's site for paint
codes. This one is for MGBs but he also has a Triumph one as well. Maybe I
should have bookmarked this page:

http://www.teglerizer.com/mgcolors/

Just search the page for Riviera blue, about half way down. It has several
manufacturer paint codes listed. A little further down, in the green
section, is a picture of my 67BGT for an example of british racing green,
that I sent to Paul about 10 years or so ago when he was making this web
page.

David Councill
64 B (flame red)
67 BGT (british racing green)
72 B (black tulip)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of " Just Brits " Shop
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:07 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Riviera Blue?

About 26,100,000 results(0.41 seconds)
Did you mean: */riviera/* blue paint 
<https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&hs=eMd&rls=org.mozilla:en-US
:official&nfpr=1&biw=1152&bih=622&q=riviera+blue+paint&spell=1&sa=X&ei=mBwaU
u7rIqW42AWCjoGgCw&ved=0CCgQBSgA> 

2nd hit has the code of:
<Q>

Ed

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:01:08 +0100

According to Clausager:  Riviera Blue was only available in Metallic finish.
It was a standard colour on the 1968 MGC GT and an optional colour on the 1968
MGB GT.  The BL/BMC code is BU47, Ault & Wibourg/Berger/Gipgloss code is
26544M, and the ICI code is 3005M.  There are no codes for any of the US
manufacturers.

PaulH.

----- Original Message -----

[email-masked]

---

From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 11:10:23 -0500

There was a guy in Alamo MG Club who had a nicely restored MGA.  He had 
it painted Iris Blue, an MGB color.  When someone pointed out that it 
was a B color he said he didn't care; he liked it.  I looked it up 
though.  Seems like it was shared by A&B from '59 - '65. My '69 B was 
Iris Blue when I bought it but it was an over-spray.

CR
On 8/26/2013 3:01 AM, PaulHunt73 wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Juhas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 20:44:06 -0400

I have a Martin Senour (NAPA) code for BU-44 Riviera Blue as *-20564. The
asterisk is a prefix for type of paint. This should cross reference to the
major manufacturers. I know PPG has extensive listings. This formula was not a
metallic. (I bought it once for my Riv Blue Sprite.)

Sent via iPad
Jim Juhas

On Aug 26, 2013, at 4:01 AM, "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 06:39:03 -0500

<< On 8/26/2013 11:10 AM, Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:
> I looked it up though.  Seems like it was shared by A&B from '59 - 
> '65. My '69 B was Iris Blue when I bought it but it was an 
> over-spray. >>

Didn't look far enough, Charlie <G> ! ! !  IIRC, '59 Frogeye and just 
so happens I know a chap than did a 100 point or Gold Level ground-up 
resto on one <G> ! !

Ed

[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Juhas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 07:51:38 -0400

Same code, but called Speedwell Blue on the Sprite.

Sent via iPad
Jim Juhas

[email-masked]

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:20:33 -0500

On 8/27/2013 6:51 AM, Jim Juhas wrote:
> Same code, but called Speedwell Blue on the Sprite.  >>
Speedwell is it's own, Blue <G>, AFAIK.  Paints are different ! !

Ed

[email-masked]