Subject: [Mgs] That new 78 B got rear ended today....

From: Andrew Lundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 17:07:55 -0600

Sad day.  My sons were rear ended on the way to work. They are ok so far.

The car took some damage in the back. The truck won't open now...

Bummer!   Hopefully it won't get totaled. We will know more in a few days.

Andrew
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Dan DiBiase <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 04:49:00 -0700 (PDT)

Oh no, that's a shame but glad the boys are okay..... Any idea how fast the
'other guy' was going? I
was rear-ended in my '76 years ago and pushed into
the car in front. Guy that hit me was going about 

25 mph and hit me flush on
the rear bumper. No damage in the back but needed new bonnet and front
fenders.

Dan D
'76B
'65B
Central NJ USA

________________________________
From: Andrew Lundgren <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] 
Sent:
Thursday, June 6, 2013 7:07 PM
Subject: [Mgs] That new 78 B got rear ended
today....

Sad day.  My sons were rear ended on the way to work. They are ok
so far.

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 15:00:04 GMT

A sad day, indeed. That the lads are ok is the best part of it.
   Lets hope the insurance company is helpful. Some can be. Last autumn,
hurricane Sandy dropped a tree on a friend's old 911.  They "totaled" it, but
allowed him to buy the carcass back for less than they gave him. It went for
parts, netting him more than it was worth, and providing a good engine to a
911 in need. If you have "declared value" cover, the company will pay costs up
to the value you specified, unlike the standard cover, in which they
depreciate arbitrarily, set a book value, pay off a fraction of that and
subtract a handling charge.
    Not much impact is needed to bind the MGB boot lid, but a lot is required
to significantly damage the structure. It may be that a good shop can get it
back into driving condition quickly. We all hope so.
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Andrew Lundgren <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] That new 78 B got rear ended today....
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 17:07:55 -0600

Andrew

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Andrew Lundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 09:35:05 -0600

I wasn't able to get an agreed value insurance on a B for daily driver 
use.  Let a lone one being driven by a 17 year old. Collision coverage 
wasn't a lot more than liability, so I went for it.  At least I am just 
dealing with my company.

I am hoping it works out well also.  The adjuster is coming on Tuesday...

--
Andrew

On 06/07/2013 09:00 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
>     Lets hope the insurance company is helpful. Some can be. Last autumn, hurricane Sandy dropped a tree on a friend's old 911.  They "totaled" it, but allowed him to buy the carcass back for less than they gave him. It went for parts, netting him more than it was worth, and providing a good engine to a 911 in need. If you have "declared value" cover, the company will pay costs up to the value you specified, unlike the standard cover, in which they depreciate arbitrarily, set a book value, pay off a fraction of that and subtract a handling charge.
>      Not much impact is needed to bind the MGB boot lid, but a lot is required to significantly damage the structure. It may be that a good shop can get it back into driving condition quickly. We all hope so.
> Bob

[email-masked]

---

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:32:27 -0700

Good luck. Any kind of accident involving an "unusual" vehicle tends to
turn into a long drawn-out process. My 1967 Plymouth Barracuda is still in
the shop, after being rear-ended last July. It might make it out for the 1st
anniversary, but it doesn't look likely at this point.

The auto insurance and repair process is designed to deal with generic,
replaceable cars. It's almost impossible to get full value compensation for
damage to a vintage-but-not-classic driver.

My MGB was hit twice (minor damage) and never repaired -- couldn't find a
shop that would accept it, other than for a total restoration (for which I
was not being compensated, obviously). The Barracuda was the same story, but
this time I bit the bullet for a major resto.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Menlo Park, CA,
it's the primer red one with chrome wires

on 6/7/13 8:35 AM, Andrew Lundgren at [email-masked] wrote:

>> 911 in need. If you have "declared value" cover, the company will pay costs
>> up to the value you specified, unlike the standard cover, in which they
>>      Not much impact is needed to bind the MGB boot lid, but a lot is
>> required to significantly damage the structure. It may be that a good shop
>> can get it back into driving condition quickly. We all hope so.
>> Bob

[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 11:11:06 -0700

[email-masked]