Subject: [Mgs] So close

From: Paul Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 07:26:09 -0500

After a miserable May, Saturday, I finally got 2 consecutive hours that I
could get out in the garage and work on the car.

At the end of April, I pulled the car out of storage. It wouldn't turn over.
We talked about it, and many suspected the engine to chassis ground. But all
was fine. I pulled the starter and took it into O'Reilly. It was bad. They got
me a new one (guaranteed for life), and it sat on the work bench.

I got the starter in Saturday night. Then went to hook up the battery,
stripped bolt. I used a vice grip to test. And the car started. Went to
O'Reilly, get the bolt, and a couple other little things.

Everything buttoned up, the car is ready.

Yesterday, there was no time, long honey-do list.

This morning, its 50F, I'm driving it to work. And I get a mile. I come to a
stop sign and I hear something funny, like a fan hitting a piece of paper.
Yes, it's in sync with engine speed.

Then the ignition light comes on solid. Drive back home. Pop the hood. No fan
belt.

I'm pretty sure I have a belt in my box of stuff. Get that on, and we'll try
again tomorrow!

Paul.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]