Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1970 MGB turn signal switch replacement

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 14:59:03 +0100

How many screws have you removed?  On UK cars with two stalks and the 
cowling halves top and bottom instead of right and left there are two screws 
shrouded by the instrument binnacle.  If not removed for a long time the 
cowling can stick to the harness wrapping.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
>I need to replace the turn signal switch and I'm having trouble removing 
>the
> two piece steering column cowl on my 70 after removing (I think all of 
> them)
> all the screws. 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Hans Duinhoven" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 17:02:27 +0200

The US Spec cowl looks like your V8 type Paul - I had similar issues with
mine.
So I got a replacement cowl, though the 1971 type was hard to find. 
I now have a later type - difference is the smooth skin type and the other
is more "leather" print type.

Cheers,

Hans

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Namens
PaulHunt73
Verzonden: zondag 23 juni 2013 15:59
Aan: davewillner; [email-masked]
Onderwerp: Re: [Mgs] 1970 MGB turn signal switch replacement

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
>I need to replace the turn signal switch and I'm having trouble 
>removing the  two piece steering column cowl on my 70 after removing (I 
>think all of
> them)
> all the screws. 

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "davewillner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 08:45:32 -0400

I got it on after a lot of pulling and tugging. One thing that happened is 
now is that the buzzer for when the key is left in the ignition and the door 
is open, stays on when I open the door and the key is not in the ignition 
switch, not sure why?  Any thoughts?  Appreciate it

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A
70 MGB
70 BSA 441 VS

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
To: "davewillner" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1970 MGB turn signal switch replacement

> cowling halves top and bottom instead of right and left there are two 
> screws shrouded by the instrument binnacle.  If not removed for a long 
> time the cowling can stick to the harness wrapping.
>
> PaulH.
>
>

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 14:24:19 +0100

The buzzer will sound whenever there is an earth on the purple/pink wire 
from the ignition switch to the buzzer, which should only happen when the 
key is in the ignition, AND there is 12v on the purple/green from the second 
door switch to the buzzer, which should only happen when the door is open.

It sounds like either the purple/pink is shorting to earth somewhere, or the 
ignition switch is failing to disconnect the earth from that wire when the 
key is out.  Disconnect the wire from the ignition switch somehow, and see 
if that stops it.  If not, the wire is earthing, if it does, then the switch 
is faulty.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
>... One thing that happened is now is that the buzzer for when the key is 
>left in the ignition and the door is open, stays on when I open the door 
>and the key is not in the ignition switch, not sure why?  Any thoughts? 

[email-masked]