Subject: [Mgs] baby steps

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 14:36:16 -0500

Hi Friends,

A few more baby steps.  Progress today is s_l_o_w because I have a
cold.  Between coughing fits and Snot River keeping me reaching for
the Kleenex box, there's not much time left for twisting spanners.
That said, I just had to play a little...

The subject of my afternoon play-time is the 4-way hydraulic block up
by the brake master cylinder.  Here's how it looked before removal.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130603_133708.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130603_133722.jpg

As you can see, I have not refinished the inner surface of the frame
this far forward - because of the 4-way.

Here's a look at the 4-way block now with the brake light switch
attached and clean.  The whole unit is threaded on to the back of a
chopstix and sprayed with clearcoat.  Its resting in the bench vice.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130603_140520.jpg

For those who noticed the Darwin fish I must admit that there is also
a Flying Spaghetti Monster to be found in some of my pictures!

And for completeness, here's the 3-way block attached to the
differential awaiting the new hard lines.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130603_141041.jpg

Next up in the queue is to vacuum out the muffler to see if it has
adequate throughput.  Its not rusted and doesn't rattle like its full
of rust when shaken.  If it passes the shop-vac test, I'll just sand
the case and the pipes, put on a quick coat of black paint and store
it away.  Should it later be a problem, its an easy part to replace,
if a bit expensive.

Following the exhaust is probably more frame refinishing or perhaps
the rest of the prop shaft.  And the new brake lines arrive tomorrow
afternoon!

Fun!

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]