Subject: [Mgs] Oil Cooler Installation

From: "Ray Graham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:02:47 -0500

Guys:

I have decided to install stainless steel oil cooler lines in my 66 MGB and
probably the oil cooler unit.  Any tricks?  Suggestions?  What size nut is
on the cooler lines at the cooler?

Thanks,

Ray
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 11:54:56 GMT

Silver, of various shades, as painted by the various manufactures. As they
quickly get road dust and bug juice on them, who is to say that any particular
silver is the one?
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Ray Graham" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Richard Ewald'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Oil Cooler Installation
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:41:14 -0500

"IF " I twisted the oil cooler line fittings and cause a leak.thus requiring
the replacement of the oil cooler.what color is the oil cooler supposed to
be?

Thanks,

Ray

'

From: Richard Ewald [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 10:08 PM
To: Ray Graham
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Oil Cooler Installation

Two suggestions
1. SS lines are like files and will abrade anything they lay against.  Given
time and movement they will cut like a file.  Make sure they don't touch
anything and if touching is unavoidable, insulate them with a wrap of
rubber, or nylon.  I know of an off road racing team that wasn't paying
attention and filed a hole right through the side of an oil filter.
2. Counter hold the fittings on the oil cooler with a wrench when loosening
or tightening the hoses to the oil cooler.  Otherwise you risk twisting the
fitting right off the oil cooler.  Yes, I have seen it done.
Rick

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Ray Graham <[email-masked]> wrote:

Guys:

Thanks,

Ray

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]