Subject: Re: [Mgs] Castrol GT-LMA brake fluid: No longer available?

From: Aaron Whiteman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 16:21:54 -0700

On Jun 8, 2013, at 4:02 PM, Simon Matthews <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Has Castrol stopped making GT LMA brake fluid? I could not find it in my
> local store and I cannot find it on Castol's website.

I've never been able to find it at any local store. Ended up using Amazon the
last time I needed a bottle.

--
Aaron
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 18:23:04 -0500

It kind of looks like it. There is a replacement DOT 4, that they also say is
LMA.

I searched google or yahoo, and can up with it from shopping.yahoo.com.

Here's the presumed replacement.
http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9045405&co
ntentId=7081185
The replacement from Moss
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=31182&SortOrder
=10

Here is a source.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/71/988/7365/ITEM/Castrol-GT-LMA-Brake
-Fluid.aspx?WT.ac=RichAutoComplete

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 8, 2013, at 6:02 PM, Simon Matthews <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Simon
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Aaron Whiteman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 16:27:28 -0700

On Jun 8, 2013, at 4:02 PM, Simon Matthews <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Has Castrol stopped making GT LMA brake fluid?

I'm going to take a flyer and guess that Castrol has changed the name.

Key feature #2 "Unique Low Moisture Activity (LMA) formulation ...."

And then there's the product sheets:
http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp_internet/castrol/castrol_usa/STAGING/loc
al_assets/downloads/p,q/pds_GTLMABrakeFluid.pdf
http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/0027D9455250B6C780257AA
900537025/$File/Castrol%5FBrake%5FFluid%5FDOT%5F4%5F03742.pdf

(http://preview.tinyurl.com/mhsd2w and http://preview.tinyurl.com/l27jyxe

Same properties, using the same methods.

[email-masked]

---

From: Simon Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 16:52:07 -0700

I think you are correct.

I think that they are deemphasizing the "synthetic" nature of the product.
On the bottle of the presumed replacement that I bought, the word
"synthetic" was in smaller type on the rear of the bottle.

Simon

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Aaron Whiteman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9045405&contentId=7081185
>
> http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp_internet/castrol/castrol_usa/STAGING/local_assets/downloads/p,q/pds_GTLMABrakeFluid.pdf
>
> http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/0027D9455250B6C780257AA900537025/$File/Castrol%5FBrake%5FFluid%5FDOT%5F4%5F03742.pdf
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Osborne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 08:10:38 -0400

I have been using this , in the black bottle, in both of my MGs and it works
fine. My local dealer told me that the LMA is no longer available and this is
the replacment.
paulo

> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:39:50 +0100

The 'LMA' part is in the text.

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]