Subject: [Mgs] Bother...

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 10:00:06 -0700

Putting my bike away last evening, I saw a puddle under the left rear tire
of the MG. Brake fluid. Last drove it on Friday, and the brakes were fine.

The wheel cylinder can't be that old -- I can actually remember replacing
the pair (well, all that means is within the last 15 years, I suppose).
Since it's my only car right now, I got on the web to Moss and ordered two
rebuild kits, plus clips and boots, 2nd day air, with the idea of dealing
with it this weekend.

The brake work isn't bad (and there is a nice tip on the Moss site about how
to handle the silly clips), it's the interminable bleeding I'm not looking
forward to.

Hmm, maybe I should have ordered shoes... They are probably soaked. I
suppose it's possible they could be sourced locally.

In other news, the badge fell off the grill somewhere, leaving an empty
escutcheon. I have a new-in-box grill, but I found out years ago that it
wouldn't fit without grinding away a lot of body filler (the PO fitted a 73
grill, which has a shallower surround). I was always waiting for when I
fitted the replacement fenders, but maybe I should just get cracking on it
as a minor project, and fit the new hood at the same time -- the car would
almost look respectable (well, if it were painted).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Menlo Park, CA,
it's the primer red one with chrome wires
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]