Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mg-t] Didn't get a lot done today BUT...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 21:52:25 -0400 (EDT)

Grandbaby's are a lot better than MG's!  Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
To: mgs <[email-masked]>; mg-t <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Apr 3, 2013 8:59 pm
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] [Mgs] Didn't get a lot done today BUT...

Richard Lindsay wrote:
> ...I did play with our new grandbaby!!!  Woohoo!
>
>
>

Nice.

I really need to get busy on a project or two.  As was mentioned doing
even just one
thing a day gets you closer to the final goal.  The weather here in Salt
Lake is getting
nice and warm, I need to get in the habit of spending at least half in
hour in the
garage every day.

mjb.
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Stephen West-Fisher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 08:26:24 -0400

Where are the power sockets available? I'm working on an early Land-Rover
and need a set of those.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
N4IK

-----Original Message-----

I next cleaned and evaluated the power sockets from the instrument panel.
The metal bits are fine but the black and red insulators are shot (falling
apart) - and they're expensive.  I also don't expect to reconnect them so I
went for an alternative; two grommets in the holes with the metal bits
re-installed.  One of the grommets is now red.
Later, if I (or someone) wants to reconnect these sockets, the parts are
available.  Picture of the grommet follows, and in a later picture with the
other bits.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1074.JPG
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 09:08:17 -0500 (CDT)

Try Holden's.

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=1&pgCode=082&sgName=Electrical&pgName=Wiring&agCode=0490&agName=Plugs+%26+Sockets&pCode=080.041

OR     http://tinyurl.com/cud8sxs

Also:  www.morgan-spares.com

I used the latter but they probably all get their stock from the same source.
Check which type of sockets you have; couple of different types.

Dave W.

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: dwoerpel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 11:16:12 -0500

Actually here's where I bought the sockets:

http://mogparts.net/index.php/electrical/other-electrical.html

Part# ELM031

Melvyn Rutter Ltd.  Morgan dealer extraordinaire.   You can request an 
image.  Very nice people to work with.  I rang him up to ask some other 
tech questions.

DW

[email-masked]

---

From: "Stephen West-Fisher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 13:10:07 -0400

Thanks!
I've gotten some off list replies as well, this is all handy since I'm
probably going to have to find a lot of little pieces that are not available
through Land-Rover parts distributers.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
N4IK

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 10:08 AM
To: Stephen West-Fisher
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Didn't get a lot done today BUT...

Try Holden's.

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=1&pgCode=082&sgName=Electrical
&pgName=Wiring&agCode=0490&agName=Plugs+%26+Sockets&pCode=080.041

I used the latter but they probably all get their stock from the same
source.
Check which type of sockets you have; couple of different types.

Dave W.

> apart) - and they're expensive.  I also don't expect to reconnect them 
> so I went for an alternative; two grommets in the holes with the metal 
> bits re-installed.  One of the grommets is now red.
> Later, if I (or someone) wants to reconnect these sockets, the parts 
> are available.  Picture of the grommet follows, and in a later picture 
> with the other bits.
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation  
> $12.75

[email-masked]

---

From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:56:22 +0300

[email-masked]

---

From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 20:06:11 +0300

[email-masked]