Subject: [Mgs] Still taking things apart

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 14:08:35 -0500

Hi Friends,

Fun in the garage today - although I'm getting a little tired of
taking rusty things apart.  Soon I hope to begin rebuilding.
Fortunately, the engine and driveline will be fun - and they're not
rusty - at least not inside! :-P

Today I took the bumper and rear valance off, as I continue
disassembly.  The goal is still working toward lifting the tub away.
Here's how it looks now.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_123023.jpg

And now, a few close-ups to aid in reassembly.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_123034.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_123038.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_123044.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_123050.jpg

Once cleaned, all of these parts will get a coat of POR15 before
painting and reassembly.

Once I got this far I needed to stand up and stretch my old back.
While doing so, I began removing the mahogany wood around the rear of
the tub.  This car has had the top replaced a number of times and the
wood is quite chewed up.  Moss stocks these parts and I will replace
the chewed-up bits with new.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130420_125054.jpg

And this is where I stopped.

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]