Subject: [Mgs] rubber bits

From: Aaron Whiteman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 16:36:26 -0700

Since we're kind of on that subject anyway...

In the 5 years since I got my car back from paint, I've had to replace the
rubber bits that surround the windshield frame supports twice (moss part
282-450/460, part #25 at
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29043). So of
course, when I look at them today, they're cracked and full of holes.
Additionally, the outer seal for the side windows is shot, especially on the
passenger side (where the window rarely changes positions, it's almost always
down). Meanwhile, the older rubber parts (such as the bottom rail seal) that I
assume is nearly as old as the car are doing just fine.

So given that the Moss rubber parts don't seem to hold up, any suggestions on
where to go to get replacements that I won't have to replace again next
spring? Barring that, any sort of treatments I can apply to try to squeeze a
little more life out of these things?

Why is it the parts that are hardest to replace are the ones I seem to be
needing to replace the most often?

--
Aaron
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]