Subject: [Mgs] Coming to life

From: Paul Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 17:34:51 -0500

The weather finally broke this week. Snow on Tuesday, 73F today.

Yesterday, I got my '77B out of storage. It drove the 15 miles home on the
freeway wonderfully, with the top down of course.

However, it wouldn't start. We tried 2 different batteries, and with a
professional charger, with start boost. Nothing. Fortunately, we had a nice
little decline for a bump start.

I charged my battery over night, and messured it at 13.4. When cranking, it
will drop to the high 11 range.  What I get is you can here what sounds like
the starter turning very slowly. Not the click and nothing you associate with
a dead battery. The fuel pump clicks normally.

So I'm going to pull the starter, perhaps tonight.  But is there anything else
I should try first. Can I bench test the starter, or is that better left to
the autoparts store.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]