Subject: [Mgs] Update to lighting issue and another question

From: William Killeffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 14:40:06 -0400

Recently, I posted an issue where my headlights were working well, but none of
the other lights would come on when the headlights were turned on.

This lead me to a very zealous cleaning of all the ground points that I could
find in the back of the car, and a cleaning of those points on the front turn
signal lights. The front sidemarker lights have different issues, as the one
on the right has had its wires cut off really short, and the one on the left
has also had a wire cut, but I was able to reconnect it.

Also, I cleaned all the contacts on the fuse box, but in the beginning, this
did not make a difference. So, I looked at the headlight switch, which was a
recent replacement. Everything was connected, but even connecting the brown
wire directly to the red/green wires resulted in nothing but instrument panel
lights coming on. There was no voltage at the red/green wire on the fuse box.

While examining the turn signal connector and other connectors under the
instrument panel, I discovered that the red/green wire in the wiring connector
had popped loose from the connector block. Once I put it back into place, the
lights functioned as designed.

The problem is that the left side front sidemarker light still does not light
up. It could be a bad bulb, but I want to clean its ground connection. Trouble
is, I am not sure where that is. A previous email mentioned a grounding point
near the starter relay, but I am not sure where that is located. Any advice
would be appreciated.

Thank you,
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]