Subject: Re: [Mgs] The Chinese guys don't get it

From: "David F. Darby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 15:49:13 -0500

That is a sinister-looking design.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Hans Duinhoven
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 2:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] The Chinese guys don't get it

http://www.autoweek.nl/nieuws/23011/mg-met-suv-concept-maar-shanghai

Some new info what the Chinese guys are planning with MG.
Sorry for the Dutch text - the pics will tell enough.

Nothing to find back of the original MG spirit.
So they may keep it.

Cheers,

Hans Duinhoven

Still happy with the spirit of my '71 BGT
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Don <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:20:28 -0700

Maybe it's beautiful and we are too old or of the wrong culture to 
appreciate it.  Just like music; one tends to favor the things of 
his/her youth.  I love '50s rock 'n roll, but rock music from about 
1980 on sounds like the Chinese MG looks- awful.

It would be interesting to get feedback from people of different ages 
and cultures as to how they view the Chinese MG.  I have a fellow 
from Honduras who assists me on taking care of my place.  He is the 
same age as me, 63, who came to the US about 15 years ago.  He thinks 
my MGs are ugly, and likes the looks of new Toyotas and Hondas.  I 
wonder if that may be because he didn't see MGs or similar cars when 
he was a kid and young adult.

----------------------------------------

Don Scott,  Calistoga CA USA
1955 MGTF, 1962 MGA Mk 2, 1967 MGB, 1963-7 MGB (seeking), Misc. Japanese cars

[email-masked]

---

From: "Scott Bonacker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 17:05:04 -0500

Seeking a 1963-67 MGB? What condition?

Scott Bonacker 
Rogersville, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 4:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] The Chinese guys don't get it

Maybe it's beautiful and we are too old or of the wrong culture to appreciate it.  Just like music; one tends to favor the things of
his/her youth.  I love '50s rock 'n roll, but rock music from about
1980 on sounds like the Chinese MG looks- awful.

It would be interesting to get feedback from people of different ages and cultures as to how they view the Chinese MG.  I have a
fellow from Honduras who assists me on taking care of my place.  He is the same age as me, 63, who came to the US about 15 years
ago.  He thinks my MGs are ugly, and likes the looks of new Toyotas and Hondas.  I wonder if that may be because he didn't see MGs
or similar cars when he was a kid and young adult.

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 13:52:54 +0100

The SUV is similar to any number of other manufacturers offerings in that 
segment they didn't fill before, and very similar to the Range Rover Evoque 
which while revolting is in great demand.  The 'GT' looks like a squashed 
MINI, the other two conventional saloons, and so like, again, any number of 
other manufacturers.  They aren't targeting us classic MG owners, we are a 
small and reducing number, although they may do a Midget in time.  Whilst 
'MG' probably doesn't mean a lot to people born in the last 30 years why 
shouldn't they (the company) market designs that will appeal to them (the 
public) like all the others, using an 'English' name they own?  Pity they 
don't do the XPower SV though.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]

---

From: Mike E <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 01:14:23 -0400

MG may not mean much to people born in the U.S. in the last 30 years, anyway.
But SAIC doesn't seem to be too interested in the US market anymore.

Mike Eldred

Sent from my iPad

segment they didn't fill before, and very similar to the Range Rover Evoque
which while revolting is in great demand.  The 'GT' looks like a squashed
MINI, the other two conventional saloons, and so like, again, any number of
other manufacturers.  They aren't targeting us classic MG owners, we are a
small and reducing number, although they may do a Midget in time.  Whilst 'MG'
probably doesn't mean a lot to people born in the last 30 years why shouldn't
they (the company) market designs that will appeal to them (the public) like
all the others, using an 'English' name they own?  Pity they don't do the
XPower SV though.
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:21:24 -0400

Hans,

WHAT AN ABORTION !

At 09:36 PM 12/04/2013 +0200, Hans Duinhoven wrote:
>Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

Regards

Barrie
[email-masked]
705-721-9060 

[email-masked]