Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fuel Issue

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:08:26 -0800

There is very little to rebuild in an SU -- if the throttle shaft is not
overly worn, a thorough cleaning and setup with new needles would be about
it. Assuming they aren't as decrepit as mine were, with loose, worn and bent
pieces everywhere.

In theory you could rebush the throttle shafts yourself, but most people
leave that to a specialist.

on 1/28/13 12:22 PM, Bill Snyder at [email-masked] wrote:

> Related to my earlier query, I have thought for some time about having my
> SU's rebuilt. Does anyone have suggestions about who to use and approximate
> cost? It has been suggested that I check the rear SU piston for free
> movement, and then the needle and seat which I will do, but possibly not
> before the weekend.
> 
> Bill Snyder
> 
> Waynesville, NC

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Menlo Park, CA,
it's the primer red one with chrome wires
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]