Subject: Re: [Mgs] ZDDP

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:19:05 -0800

Mobil 1 Synthetic in the 15W-50 weight ONLY contains 1200ppm of phosphorus
and 1300ppm of zinc ("recommended for racing and flat tappet applications").
I switched to this oil for my vintage cars once I discovered this fact. It's
expensive ($8+/qt), but probably less expensive (and certainly less hassle)
than dealing with additives.

on 1/10/13 11:04 AM, [email-masked] at [email-masked] wrote:

> Has anyone found a  source for ZDDP that is reasonable? I checked MOss and the
> shipping is 50% of the cost of the ZDDP.  My local NAPA store has never heard
> of it.
> Frank Krajewski

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Menlo Park, CA,
it's the primer red one with chrome wires
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]