Subject: [Mgs] cleaning rheostat

From: Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:19:40 -0600

Sarah-  Go to radio shack and get a non-spray can of head cleaner and a can of
tuner or electronics cleaner.  Take the knob off and dump the head cleaner and
the rheostat in the jar and let it soak for at least 24 hours.  Use alcohol if
you can't find head cleaner.

After soaking,  shoot it out really well with the tuner cleaner.  Let it soak
for awhile in the tuner cleaner.

Don't force turn it hard or you could damage the windings.  Keep spraying with
the tuner until it frees up.

Take an ohm meter and test it for function
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:12:24 -0500

Sarah,

I have restored several such items but yours sounds like toast - best 
to buy a new one !

At 01:19 PM 28/01/2013 -0600, Duvall Video Productions wrote:
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

Regards

Barrie
[email-masked]
705-721-9060 

[email-masked]