Subject: [Mgs] VR-1 "racing oil" scam

From: Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 21:45:49 -0600

Ok - everything is not a scam but if you real the literature on VR1 it says it
is suitable for "street service"

VALVOLINE VR-1 RACING MOTOR OIL
Valvoline VR-1 Racing Motor Oil is a family of race-proven lubricants
formulated to provide high load carrying characteristics, minimum foaming and
maximum resistance to thermal degradation. Exclusive chemistry reduces
internal friction and enhances power output under extreme service conditions.
Valvoline VR-1 Racing Motor Oil is recommended for engines burning gasoline
and full or partial alcohol fuels in track and street service. Valvoline VR-1
Racing Motor Oil is for use in any car, light truck, van, or SUV where API
SN is recommended(see proper viscosity grade below).
Valvoline VR-1 Racing Motor Oil is not recommended for use in wet clutches(
use Valvoline 4-Stroke Motorcycle Oil).
The Valvoline VR-1 Racing Motor Oil
	The #1 selling Racing Oil of all time and race track proven. 	Protects
against high-temperature deposits for a cleaner engine. 	ZDDP additive
provides tough anti-wear protection. 	Enhanced with fricition modifier to
improve horsepower. 	Formulated with enhanced anti-foam system.
Approvals/Performance Levels
API SN/SM/SL API SH * API CD/CF *
Test
Vis @ 1000C (cSt) Vis @ 400C (cSt) Viscosity Index Spec Gravity @ 600F Density
(lbs/gal) Total Base No.
Flash COC (0C) Pour Point (0C) CCS cP (0C) MRV TP-1 cP (0C) Noack % off @ 250C
Sulfated Ash Zinc/Phosphorus Calcium
Sodium
. * Obsolete category
Viscosity Grade/Other
- - - - - - 10W-30 10W-30
10W-30
11.5 77.0 143 0.8722 7.27 8.5 212 -33 6200(-25C) 20,000(-30C) <15 1 0.14/0.13
0.210 0.049
20W-50 20W-50 20W-50
20W-50
20.5 181.8 132 0.888 7.39 8.5 248 -24 8000(-15C) 27,000(-20C) <15 1 0.14/0.13
0.210 0.049

>
>
>
> No, it would be because it doesn't contain detergents and anti-sludge
> addititves, since it assumes you will be changing it after every outing.
>
> They had Racing Oil before this whole catalytic converter thing cropped up,
> you know.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]