Subject: Re: [Mgs] Wassup?

From: Dan DiBiase <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:10:54 -0800 (PST)

Lack of traffic, I guess. Plenty on the Yahoo group, though.

Dan D
'76 B
'65
B
Central NJ USA

________________________________
 From: Charley & Peggy
Robinson <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 3:35 PM
Subject: [Mgs] Wassup?
 
Something
wrong with the list or is there no traffic?

CR
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate:
Archive:
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: James Schulte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 19:38:28 -0500

Dan,Just received my big parts order from LBC for my new acquisition a 1974.5
MGBGT. I now have all the foam needed to finish the seats. I also received the
backorder from Moss to cover the back seat with Autumn Leaf like the front
that came 3 weeks ago. The car is at Rakafish LLC getting body work done. I
hope to have "Skinner" back by late February or early March to finish the
interior and start my other plans for it. They include lowering it 1" front
and back. Replacing the Webber carb with SU's as original, and an overdrive.
We'll see how the money holds out as the body and metal is estimated to be
$4000.00. Not sure about the paint yet. But, I am hoping to paint it Teal
Blue. That will be decided when the Heritage Certificate shows
up.JimHarleysville, PA1970 MGB running1958 Magnette ZB running1974.5 MGBGT
under restoration
 > Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:10:54 -0800
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Mgs] Wassup?
>
> http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive:
> http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 08:52:35 -0000

Good luck with the foams.  I've been in a GT with new foams and my head was 
brushing the roof, I've heard of other people not being able to get their 
legs under the steering wheel, the only solution seems to be to cut about an 
inch off the bottom.  I've just had a copy of Don Hayter's 'The MGB Story' 
which makes interesting reading coming as it does from someone who was there 
from before the MGB to the close down.  He says they spent a very long time 
experimenting with the foam manufacturer with various densities and 
thicknesses before they came up with the right formula.  If the foams we get 
nowadays are from a different source, as I suspect, I very much doubt they 
took as much trouble.

I say interesting, and also amusing.  Don relates how the MGB was the first 
body they dip-primed, and he spent some time designing in the holes to let 
the air out at the top and the paint out at the bottom (those peculiar holes 
in the floor pan for one).  However they only dipped up to the level of the 
shelf in the engine bay, which meant hand-feathering in the edge before 
hand-spraying the top part.  So ICI suggested dipping it completely (I can't 
imagine why they didn't do that in the first place), and they all stood 
round while the first shell went in.  Unfortunately enough air got trapped 
to lift the body off the hooks, and it gracefully floated off down the tank 
and sunk.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
> ... I now have all the foam needed to finish the seats. 

[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Kellogg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 07:47:15 -0500 (EST)

Yeah but if you remove an inch the foam won't fill the cover completely.  For
my MGA, the existing, may or may not have been originalseat cushion, had some
approx 2 inch holes cut through.  I repeated the pattern in the replacement
which lowered the loaded cushion nicely.
  Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: PaulHunt73 <[email-masked]>
To: James Schulte <[email-masked]>; d_dibiase <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked] <mgs@a utox.team.net>
Sent: Thu, Jan 3, 2013 4:14 am
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Wassup?

inch off the bottom. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

[email-masked]

---

From: Mike E <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 08:49:11 -0500

"Replacing the Webber carb with SU's as original,"Yay!  I'll never understand
the desire to tear off a set of SUs and replace them with a Weber.  As a
stop-gap while your SUs are being rebuilt, sure.
I have two that came with Weber's, and I'll be doing the same as you.

> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 19:38:28 -0500
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:09:01 -0500

Just thought I would add my experiences.  I had my MGB GT seats done 
up by a local craftsman and he put in the memory foam I was given by 
a local mattress manufacturer - again locally.   The result is 
fantastic and now I know why commercial airplane pilots seats are 
built that way !!!!!

At 07:38 PM 02/01/2013 -0500, James Schulte wrote:
>Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

Regards

Barrie
[email-masked]
705-721-9060 

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 16:54:42 -0000

Also explains why pilots sometimes fall asleep at the wheel ...

----- Original Message ----- 

[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 10:08:19 -0000

Standard procedure is to pull the sides down to remove all the slack.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----
  Yeah but if you remove an inch the foam won't fill the cover completely.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]