Subject: [Mgs] Reconditioning / Cleaning Carbs

From: John Di Fede <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:58:18 -0400

Jim,

There is also a carburetor dip that I have used to clean carb bodies.  It
comes in a gallon can similar to a paint can.  The can includes a dip
bucket.  Drop the carb body in the bucket, let soak overnight.  The product
I use is called Chem-Dip carburetor parts cleaner.  It should be available
at your local FLAPS.  I believe I purchased mine at Auto Zone.  

John DiFede

New York 

(Awaiting hurricane Sandy)  

 

From: James Schulte [email-masked]

To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Magnette ZAZB

    <[email-masked]>

Subject: [Mgs] Reconditioning /cleaning carbs

Folks,I received a carb care package from John E today and want to get
started

cleaning them to prepare for rebuild. I was thinking of using brake cleaner

spray to get rid of grime. Is this ok or should I use Simple Green, WD 40 or

some other cleaner to wipe them down inside and out? Any suggestions?

Jim Schulte

President Lehigh Valley Kayak & Canoe Club
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]