Subject: [Mgs] MGA Distributor Problems

From: "Robert J. Guinness" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 14:57:05 -0500

I recently had my DM2 distributor out of a MGA 1600 with a three main 
1800 engine and encountered two problems.

1. When the points were adjuster to the farthest open setting, the cam 
would still not open them.  I had experience intermittent  lack of power 
on acceleration under load.

2.  I replaced the distributor with another used one.  When I set the 
engine at TDC to static time the "new" distributor (DM2), the rotor 
points 180 degrees away from the #1 wire.  The distributor drops in OK.  
Of course the engine does nor start.  there is the occasional backfire 
and rifle out out the tail pipe.  I even dropped in a spare 25D 
distributor and it also points away from #1.

What is going on?
-- 
e-mail signature Robert Guinness
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]