Subject: [Mgs] Speaking of horns

From: Aaron Whiteman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 11:10:09 -0700

The horns in my '75 B hadn't been working for some time, but it was something
that I was going to look at when I got a round tuit.

I had voltage at the purple wire into the right horn and voltage on the
purple/black as well.  Good.
I had no voltage to the center rode under the horn button.  Bad.

After taking the center column covers off, I confirmed I had voltage at the
purple/black at the steering column and had no continuity from the wheel to
the wire terminal. Hmm.

Turns out the little spring contact that bridges to the wheel from the column
had relaxed away and I had an open circuit there.  A bit of mucking about with
needle nosed pliers fixed it and I now have a nice honk again.

But my question is this: anybody else experience this, and how long should I
expect my horns to last before I have to do this again?

--
Aaron
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]