Subject: Re: [Mgs] Hagerty Insurance?

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:35:35 GMT

My MGs have been insured with Hagerty for years, mostly because of the
reasonable premiums but also because of their reputation for square dealing.
Sad to say, I needed to file a claim with them for a fuel-line fire in my TD.
This happened late August.  I called on Monday. Wednesday an appraiser was
here. On Friday, a message was left that a check was to be cut and that the
check was not "full and final".  If concealed damage were found, they would
cover that also. Next Thursday, check was in hand. I am a satisfied customer.
This contrasts with my professional work, in which I dealt with property
damage claims frequently. For a company to send an adjuster in less than a
week was unheard of; then his arrival was just the beginning of chiseling and
weaseling, with assurance of continuing dissatisfaction.Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] Hagerty Insurance?
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:25:25 -0500

Just wondering what auto insurance others are using on their classics.
I just switched to Hagerty insurance for my  '69 MGB, mainly because of
the low cost stated-value collision & comprehensive coverage compared to
my other insurer.

CR
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:11:23 -0700

I have to keep my cars on a "regular" policy because I don't have a late
model daily driver, and I don't have secured storage (only an open 2-car
carport). Plus, I need the freedom to drive either one anywhere as
necessary, since one or the other may be down for periodic maintenance.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Menlo Park, CA,
it's the primer red one with chrome wires
(other car: 1967 Plymouth Barracuda)

on 9/19/12 8:38 AM, Councill, David at [email-masked] wrote:

> I went with Hagerty for my 72B and 67BGT. They claim to be less restrictive on
> usage and my cars need to be driven - so they sometimes get driven to work. I
> also switched both cars to classic car license plates so they both have been
> converted into the realm of "not for daily use". One of the other key
> qualifiers for classic car insurance is that the cars need to be garaged when
> not driven. So when I got my last addition, the 64B, I didn't have enough
> garage space to add it on the Hagerty policy. And with regular
> insurance/plates, I have no restrictions but its vulnerable on the insurance
> side since it only has liability.
> 
> David Councill
> 64 B
> 67 BGT
> 72 B
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of Charley & Peggy Robinson
> Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:25 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> I just switched to Hagerty insurance for my  '69 MGB, mainly because of the
> low cost stated-value collision & comprehensive coverage compared to my other
> insurer.
> 
> CR

[email-masked]