Subject: [Mgs] Replacing door buffers

From: "Phil Bacon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 21:48:27 GMT

Listers:   Have four new rubber door buffers for my 67 MGBGT.  Can anyone
advise the best way to do this job?  What type of screws hold the hinge --
Phillips?, Pozidrive?, or something else?  Remove the hinges from door or from
frame, or both?  I'm concerned with not screwing up the fit on my doors, so is
there a special way to do it?   Thanks in advance Phil Bacon
____________________________________________________________
Woman is 53 But Looks 25
Mom reveals 1 simple wrinkle trick that has angered doctors...
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5019a43ec06ac243e0ec7st54vuc
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:18:28 +0100

Pozidrive.  Strikes me you have to remove the hinge from the A-post at the 
very least in order to get at the back of the piece that holds the buffer. 
As well as the four visible screws holding the hinge to the A-post there is 
a nut on the back accessed by removing the splash plate behind the front 
wheel.  Removing either door from hinge or hinge from A-post will obviously 
mean re-aligning the door, but if it's right now you should be able to get 
it right again.  If the hinges have been painted when fitted to the A-post 
you will probably have to cut along the seam or risk a 'tear' in the paint 
on the A-post, but at least that will help you get the hinge back in the 
right place, leaving you with just the door on the hinge to get right. 
However if you have enough padding under the door you may be able to deal 
with the hinge while still attached to the door.  But the down-side is that 
you will have to man-handle the door while getting the hinge reattached to 
the A-post, it's much easier to fit the hinges first then slide the door 
onto the hinges.

PaulH.

----- Original Message ----- 
> advise the best way to do this job? 

[email-masked]