Subject: [Mgs] air pump question for a 70

From: "davewillner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 19:25:32 -0400

When I purchased my 70 about 5 years ago for my wife, it had all the smog and
air pump pieces removed and blocked off pretty well. It looks ok under the
hood, although not quite original and the car runs extremely well with no
issues what so ever. I recently purchased a complete used set up in very good
shape with all the hoses, air pump, filter, etc, from a 71 B kinda ready to
just install.  What kind of "can of worms" am I going to open up after I get
this installed, I mean what should I expect performance-wise? I think it would
be a nice feature to show just because there are so few of them installed
these days, and I've been a stickler on originality with this one...Any ideas
on what I can expect, or should I steer clear and forgot it?  Thanks for the
help...

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A
70 MGB
70 BSA 441 VS
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 16:53:46 -0700

I suppose you could could gut the pump so it was free-spinning, install all
the hoses but block them off, so it looked factory but functioned the same
as it does now...

Just a thought.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Menlo Park, CA,
it's the primer red one with chrome wires

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Ewald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 20:09:12 -0700

Assuming nothing you install is FUBAR and it all works as designed, you won't
notice much difference.
A bit less power from the engine from running the pump is all.
I would note that the first paragraph is one hell of an assumption.
Rick
Sent from my iPhone

On May 31, 2012, at 16:25, "davewillner" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]