Subject: [Mgs] Removing MGA front hub with steel wheels and disc brakes

From: "Robert J. Guinness" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:27:05 -0500

What is the best way (with limited tools) to remove the front hubs on an 
MGA with steel wheels and disc brakes?  Does anyone have a link to a 
good video on reassembling the same front hubs?  Thanks
-- 
Robert Guinness
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: Barney Gaylord <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:29:24 -0500

Remove grease cap, split pin, spindle nut, and pull the hub off the 
spindle.  The bearings should be press fit in the hub and slip fit on 
the spindle, but sometimes they may be reluctant to come off  the 
spindle.  I like to use a slide hammer to yank on stuborn hubs, like 
this: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/tools/ts117.htm

To remove the bearings requires a bit of finness with a press or 
hammer and punch.  Reassembling front hubs on the MGA (not Twin Cam 
or "Deluxe") is simple, assuming you retain the original inner race 
spacer, just install the parts and crank up the torque on the spindle 
nut (no shimms or special clearance requirements).

At 10:27 AM 4/23/2012 -0500, Robert J. Guinness wrote:
>What is the best way (with limited tools) to remove the front hubs 
>on an MGA with steel wheels and disc brakes?  Does anyone have a 
>link to a good video on reassembling the same front hubs?  ....

[email-masked]