Subject: Re: [Mgb-v8] [Mgs] Rear mounted power antenna

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 08:27:45 +0100 eLBJYXduUMgsc2Qk8FWUNeWdqr0SQK7JNbv6/sn9v+aAqsh5oINVfvZRuyC9xRSa/8HkvWr2l2gipojucAngU0V6AbbnjiqH5pglebbYxjwQFS+5a6RWuWgT

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2629822848697793396==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002E_01D51078.3B527FC0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01D51078.3B527FC0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Why the rear and not the front?  I know aeons ago it was supposed to =
better the furthest away from the ignition, but that doesn't apply with =
even an MGB correctly suppressed system, and mounting in the front wing =
cavity behind the splash panel is completely screened from the engine =
compartment anyway.  On the right-hand side there is even a ready-made =
grommetted hole through to the footwell.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  ...  I want to mount it on the rear mudguard but the space is =
limited...
------=_NextPart_000_002E_01D51078.3B527FC0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8" http-equiv=3Dcontent-type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff text=3D#000000>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Why the rear and not the front?&nbsp; I know aeons =
ago it was=20
supposed to better the furthest away from the ignition, but that doesn't =
apply=20
with even&nbsp;an MGB correctly suppressed system, and mounting in the =
front=20
wing cavity behind the splash panel is completely screened from the =
engine=20
compartment anyway.&nbsp; On the right-hand side there is even a =
ready-made=20
grommetted hole through to the footwell.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV><FONT=20
  size=3D-1><FONT face=3DArial>...&nbsp; I want to mount it on the rear =
mudguard but=20
  the space is limited...</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01D51078.3B527FC0--

--===============2629822848697793396==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2629822848697793396==--