Subject: [Mgb-v8] Speakers in door panel

From: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 13:32:56 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1944824061279118046==
 boundary="------------2C13439182B3CBDB5E336B93"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------2C13439182B3CBDB5E336B93
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello Folks,

I am having difficulty in putting speakers in my 1970 MGB GT.  I know 
they can be put in the doors but I need some information on how.  Can 
anyone give me useful details which the blokes doing the install can 
follow.  I have Prestige UK (I am in Canada) panels an they have map 
pockets which the install guys do not want to cut.

Cheers
Barrie

--------------2C13439182B3CBDB5E336B93
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <font size="-1"><font face="Arial">Hello Folks,<br>
        <br>
        I am having difficulty in putting speakers in my 1970 MGB GT.  I
        know they can be put in the doors but I need some information on
        how.  Can anyone give me useful details which the blokes doing
        the install can follow.  I have Prestige UK (I am in Canada)
        panels an they have map pockets which the install guys do not
        want to cut.<br>
        <br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>
      </font></font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------2C13439182B3CBDB5E336B93--

--===============1944824061279118046==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1944824061279118046==--

---

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 08:32:11 +0100 qh/XrB1QPsxbQHvKWn8ARKdifvl50eeKhfYdqxTQEeEjE6Cju7geSW82I3ryE/02sKhYalR13m81OjxTHWspB2ElqP3UZZqTY7LXokDGn786b4lJlwwq6+a7

--===============2941257644708718313==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_009C_01D4FF2F.34AE2200"

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01D4FF2F.34AE2200
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Not entirely sure I under stand the problem.  If they are flush mount =
you have to find somewhere on the door where they can be recessed =
without fouling anything, then transfer that over to the panel.  If you =
cut that from the back you should be able to leave a pocket unaffected.  =
If they are surface mount then lower front is probably the only suitable =
area, which may be where any pockets are.  But map pockets are usually =
in the footwell liners.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  I am having difficulty in putting speakers in my 1970 MGB GT.  I know =
they can be put in the doors but I need some information on how.  Can =
anyone give me useful details which the blokes doing the install can =
follow.  I have Prestige UK (I am in Canada) panels an they have map =
pockets which the install guys do not want to cut.

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01D4FF2F.34AE2200
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8" http-equiv=3Dcontent-type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff text=3D#000000>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Not entirely sure I under stand the problem.&nbsp; =
If they are=20
flush mount you have to find somewhere on the door where they can be =
recessed=20
without fouling anything, then transfer that over to the panel.&nbsp; If =
you cut=20
that from the back you should be able to leave&nbsp;a pocket =
unaffected.&nbsp;=20
If they are surface mount then lower front is probably the only suitable =
area,=20
which may be where any pockets are.&nbsp; But map pockets are usually in =
the=20
footwell liners.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV><FONT=20
  size=3D-1><FONT face=3DArial><BR>I am having difficulty in putting =
speakers in my=20
  1970 MGB GT.&nbsp; I know they can be put in the doors but I need some =

  information on how.&nbsp; Can anyone give me useful details which the =
blokes=20
  doing the install can follow.&nbsp; I have Prestige UK (I am in =
Canada) panels=20
  an they have map pockets which the install guys do not want to=20
  cut.<BR></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01D4FF2F.34AE2200--

--===============2941257644708718313==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2941257644708718313==--