Subject: Re: [Mgb-v8] [Mgs] Speaker locations

From: "PaulHunt73" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 09:19:11 +0100 tZYvy/n10x35l9IpiSKT6Hjr2RhaTNlh3MLv/WBjLQSArz/JhM0f2rX7qWm3DpfZJvX9nCYPeuV3+A4KjKC9p4/dCz0UjKL0gauf7Ml2BItq5Bv6D1tDgE70

Small ones in the door cards as per the factory.  Larger ones in the B-post
cards.  Pods on the rear shelf.  MX5 seats or similar with them in the head
restraints.  Maybe small pods under the dash.  Whilst the GT is inherently
stronger than the roadster I wouldn't cut into the footwells, it's part of the
strength in a frontal impact.
  ----- Original Message -----

  I want to put a radio in my MGB GT and puzzled as to where to site the
speakers.   Is it alright to cut a circle in the body work either side of
where ones legs go - seemingly into the wing cavities?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Paul Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 07:10:58 -0500

I would agree, the foot well area is structural. You don't want to cut
that. A box in back would be best.

It also wouldn't need a good location for anything but a sub-woofer as the
sound would be very muddled.

I have Miata seats, those work well. Otherwise, you need to get mid-range
and high end up without obstruction to be able to hear.

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018, 3:37 AM PaulHunt73 <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgb-v8/[email-masked]

[email-masked]