Subject: [Mgb-v8] Gasket stuff

From: Barrie Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 16:43:09 -0500

I have to make all sorts of gaskets for my being-restored motor 
car.  What is the best stuff to use?   Overkill is fine so I want the 
very best.    Canadian Tyre offers cork/rubber which looks 
traditional, and composite stuff that looks like leather

Regards,

Barrie Robinson
[email-masked]
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8  in great nick
Aston Martin 1957 DB 2/4 MkII under restoration
www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson.htm
www.britcot.com
www.AMFClub.com
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Ficalora, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 21:54:37 +0000

Depends where the gaskets are going... A good auto-parts store (around here
that'd be a Carquest or NAPA) will have a selection of different gasket
materials.  As an example, for fuel tank (e.g., sender opening) you'll want to
use something like natural cork (not rubberized) or maybe Karropak (which is a
fiber material) because the gas - especially if it has a lot of ethanol like
we do here in TX will attack rubber.  For other areas, rubber fiber or
rubberized cork would be ok.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Barrie Robinson
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 3:43 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgb-v8] Gasket stuff

Regards,

Barrie Robinson
[email-masked]
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8  in great nick

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgb-v8/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]