Subject: Re: [Healeys] Shock oil

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2026 01:52:01 +0000 Qr90tNPkx7Q9QmizPIYhzsDcjVsY/ivAvJ7qhQC757jcOsPgTuYlf5cy2hkHHl3hJAXX7ONQyyEzsH+jgpgE3PVvV1KXy7LT0Tw+RQ/+f49oqbWDKIN1ryiB bKF1/745Sm3N86IY6c0nrQ==

----_NmP-3d99334f3fdf55db-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Also available for years was<strong> Castrol Shocktol</strong>, but it=
 looks like the new stuff is called<strong> TQF</strong>. Available from AH=
 Spares. However in a pinch, hydraulic jack oil is ok but may change the =
compression action slightly. Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From: =
"Bruce Starke" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: "Fred Wescoe" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Cc: "healeys" &lt;[email-masked].=
net&gt; <br>Sent: May 15, 2026 at 5:52 PM PDT <br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] =
Shock oil </div>
<div>Hi Fred, I've just been looking into this as well. =
>From what I have found out,&nbsp; hydraulic jack oil ISO68 is the closest =
to the original&nbsp;oil.&nbsp; Many use motorcycle shock oil too
<div>Bruce Starke</div>
<div>Sooke BC</div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote gmail_quote_container">
<div =
class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, May 15, 2026, 4:28 p.m. Fred Wescoe &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</div>
<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0 0 0 .8ex;=
 border-left: 1px #ccc solid; padding-left: 1ex;">
<div>Listers,
<div><br>
<div>My shock oil is low.&nbsp; What type of oil can I refill the =
shocks&nbsp;with?</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Is it true that&nbsp;I can =
use motorcycle&nbsp;fork oil as a substitute?</div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Fred</div>
<div>&nbsp;BJ8</div>
</div>
_______________________________________________=
<br>Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noopener">http://www.team.net/donate.=
html</a><br>Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" target=3D"_blank" =
rel=3D"noopener">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" target=3D"_blank" =
rel=3D"noopener">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" =
rel=3D"noopener">[email-masked]</a><br><a href=3D"http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noopener">http://au=
tox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/cardocgolden@gmail.=
com" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noopener">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br><br></blockquote>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
----_NmP-3d99334f3fdf55db-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="shock fluid.webp"

----_NmP-3d99334f3fdf55db-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=shocktol.webp

----_NmP-3d99334f3fdf55db-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

----_NmP-3d99334f3fdf55db-Part_1--