Subject: Re: [Healeys] coils

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2025 15:51:59 +0000 mYYO2fNc1d5FzHMHiGzXVPttCFBDwLYDKxL5duU/J+uEmbm9VtDeWsuYh2ClQp6kNsDRYKWoHgQYSBGlh0LExrDdgFE07+HJDqWfDSduwERlV3eBfsTQi5ly dayd2f97Z5OK3nINoM+1zQ==

--===============6606445324682171123==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>I believe the ballast resistor was a unit which helped to keep a =
traditional set of points from burning/sparking.&nbsp; The Jensen-Healey =
uses such an arrangement.&nbsp; However, due to the inaccessibility of the =
distributor (under the manifold) I converted to Pertronix years ago. Then =
one day the car would not start. I mapped out the ballast resistor using a =
paper clip and was on my way. Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From: =
"Engl via Healeys" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Reply-To: "Engl" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: "Richard Antal" &lt;rantal243@yahoo.=
com&gt; <br>Cc: "Healeys" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Sent: =
September 8, 2025 at 8:25 PM PDT <br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] coils =
<br>Rich</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>I have petronix with the non-ballast =
Lucas Sportcoil (&lsquo;65 BJ8). &nbsp;I think the ballast coil is used =
only for cars with a ballast resistor in the ignition circuit (like the =
&lsquo;72 Jaguar XJ6 I had).&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>No experience with the Petronix coil.&nbsp;</div>
<div><br id=3D"lineBreakAtBeginningOfSignature">
<div>Bob England</div>
<div><br>
<blockquote>On Sep 8, 2025, at 2:28=E2=80=AFPM, Richard Antal via=
 Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br><br></blockquote>
</div>
<blockquote>
<div>
<div class=3D"yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">
<div>'Greetings all,</div>
<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; My BJ8 has. a Pertronix =
ignition. Should it have a ballested or non-ballested lucas sport coil? I =
note the Moss catalogue has a Pertronix coil; does anyone have experience =
with this coil and is it a better choice than the Lucas coil?=
&nbsp;<br>Thanks to all responders.</div>
<div>rich antal</div>
</div>
_______________________________________________<br>Support Team.Net =
75<br><br>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.=
net/archive/healeys<br><br>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<br><br></div>
</blockquote>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>

--===============6606445324682171123==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6606445324682171123==--