Subject: Re: [Healeys] Backfire

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2025 03:38:42 +0000 cxxCnauS3WkqigeHe0VjdGpxtwF9uq4vdgGvivyTDKzSyjdnIvF0otK2VhkapOfw2o+ZZs0BcxSUWsNlB8Ns/319/kAB940NWcTNwzq7YJSd9RubNu+1PKB0

--===============2156887600355242718==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>I hate NGKs although they are ok in Sprites. I use Champion UN12Y. =
However the backfire may be caused by dirt in the fuel bowls- happened to =
me when I unfortunately had to add some ethanol&nbsp; on a trip and it =
reacted to the Stabil in my fuel creating small black pebbles-cleaned the =
bowels and no more backfiring. Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From: =
"Richard Antal via Healeys" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Reply-To: =
"Richard Antal" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: "Healeys" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Sent: September 19, 2025 at 3:18 PM PDT =
<br>Subject: [Healeys] Backfire </div>
<div class=3D"yahoo-style-wrap" =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; =
font-size: 13px;">
<div>Gents,</div>
<div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;A few days =
ago I replaced the sparkplugs, ten years old or more, with six NGK BP5ES =
plugs gapped to 35, and a Pertronix 3 ohm coil. I've not yet changed the =
wires, distributor cap or rotor. Today I drove the BJ8 almost 200 miles =
without incident at speeds up to 60 mph. While going 80 mph on the =
interstate, over a span of two or three seconds, the car bucked and =
backfired three times. I immediately dropped the speed to 50 and then =
gradually back up to 80 with no further backfiring. What could have caused =
this discomfiting turn of events? Thanks for your thoughts.</div>
<div>rich antal</div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>

--===============2156887600355242718==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2156887600355242718==--