Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb

From: Robert Markovich via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2025 20:16:23 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5643361296724921078==
	boundary="----=_Part_3530295_640312430.1754684183206"

------=_Part_3530295_640312430.1754684183206
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Looks like a great car=E2=80=94and Healeys are soft right now, so this one,=
 if correct, is priced roughly $40k below asking prices just a year or two =
ago. But be sure all the numbers add up; lots of fake tri-carbs BN7s out th=
ere =E2=80=A6

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Friday, August 8, 2025, 1:39 PM, Bob Spidell via Healeys <healeys@autox.=
team.net> wrote:

I stumbled on this on my morning perusal of the web. I own a BN2/100M=20
and a BJ8, and always thought that a tri-carb, center-shift roadster=20
would be a great addition to my 'collection'--given that a 100S is way=20
out of my pay grade--but, at this point just keeping my two Healeys=20
maintained and driven is all I can handle. IIRC, there were only 64 of=20
these cars built with 3 carbs and a center-shift gearbox. Not shown are=20
the wheels but I believe that a few came with steel disk wheels, and not=20
having to maintain three sets of wires would be a benefit IMO.

Please note I have no financial interest in this car, don't know the=20
owner, and know nothing beyond what's on the website, but it sure looks=20
like a really nice car (possibly with a recent resto). Benecia is in the=20
north SF Bay Area.

https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823/

Bob

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

[email-masked]

------=_Part_3530295_640312430.1754684183206
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microso=
ft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"><head><!--[=
if gte mso 9]><xml><o:OfficeDocumentSettings><o:AllowPNG/><o:PixelsPerInch>=
96</o:PixelsPerInch></o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><![endif]--></head><bo=
dy>
Looks like a great car=E2=80=94and Healeys are soft right now, so this one,=
 if correct, is priced roughly $40k below asking prices just a year or two =
ago. But be sure all the numbers add up; lots of fake tri-carbs BN7s out th=
ere =E2=80=A6<br><br><br><div class=3D"yahoo-signature"><a style=3D"font-si=
ze:12px" href=3D"https://aolapp.onelink.me/eG2g?pid=3DNativePlacement&amp;c=
=3DUS_Acquisition_YMktg_320_EmailSignature_AttributionDL&amp;af_sub1=3DAcqu=
isition&amp;af_sub2=3DUS_YMktg&amp;af_sub3=3D&amp;af_sub4=3D100002473&amp;a=
f_sub5=3DSentFromNewAOLApp__Interstitial_&amp;af_ios_store_cpp=3Dce85ce34-a=
d0f-4811-a92b-a172743b064e&amp;af_android_url=3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.c=
om%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.aol.mobile.aolapp%26listing%3Demail_=
signature_attribution">Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS</a><br></div><=
br><p class=3D"yahoo-quoted-begin" style=3D"font-size: 15px; color: rgb(132=
, 115, 255); padding-top: 15px; margin-top: 0px;">On Friday, August 8, 2025=
, 1:39 PM, Bob Spidell via Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:</p=
><blockquote class=3D"iosymail"><div dir=3D"ltr">I stumbled on this on my m=
orning perusal of the web. I own a BN2/100M <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">and =
a BJ8, and always thought that a tri-carb, center-shift roadster <br></div>=
<div dir=3D"ltr">would be a great addition to my 'collection'--given that a=
 100S is way <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">out of my pay grade--but, at this p=
oint just keeping my two Healeys <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">maintained and =
driven is all I can handle. IIRC, there were only 64 of <br></div><div dir=
=3D"ltr">these cars built with 3 carbs and a center-shift gearbox. Not show=
n are <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">the wheels but I believe that a few came w=
ith steel disk wheels, and not <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">having to maintai=
n three sets of wires would be a benefit IMO.<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br=
></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Please note I have no financial interest in this ca=
r, don't know the <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">owner, and know nothing beyond=
 what's on the website, but it sure looks <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">like a=
 really nice car (possibly with a recent resto). Benecia is in the <br></di=
v><div dir=3D"ltr">north SF Bay Area.<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><=
div dir=3D"ltr"><a href=3D"https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Heale=
y-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823/" target=3D"_blank">https://www.ahexp.com/registr=
y/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823/</a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"=
><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Bob<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div di=
r=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">______________________________________=
_________<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.=
team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>=
<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br></div>=
<div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.=
team.net/pipermail/healeys" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail=
/healeys</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" target=3D"_b=
lank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><=
br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><a ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br></div><div=
 dir=3D"ltr"><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" tar=
get=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br></div>=
<div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" target=3D=
"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</=
a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><blockquote></blockquote></blockquot=
e>
</body></html>
------=_Part_3530295_640312430.1754684183206--

--===============5643361296724921078==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5643361296724921078==--

---

From: Patrick and Caroline Quinn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2025 00:35:08 +0000

G'day Bob

Mk2 BN7s with a centre shift gearbox were far more common than 64. There were 141 made, of which 12 were RHD and 129 LHD. Five of the RHD cars didn't leave Abingdon as they became Works Rally 3000s.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Bob Spidell via Healeys
Sent: Saturday, 9 August 2025 3:16 AM
To: Healeys <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Tri-Carb

I stumbled on this on my morning perusal of the web. I own a BN2/100M and a BJ8, and always thought that a tri-carb, center-shift roadster would be a great addition to my 'collection'--given that a 100S is way out of my pay grade--but, at this point just keeping my two Healeys maintained and driven is all I can handle. IIRC, there were only 64 of these cars built with 3 carbs and a center-shift gearbox. Not shown are the wheels but I believe that a few came with steel disk wheels, and not having to maintain three sets of wires would be a benefit IMO.

Please note I have no financial interest in this car, don't know the owner, and know nothing beyond what's on the website, but it sure looks like a really nice car (possibly with a recent resto). Benecia is in the north SF Bay Area.

Bob

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2025 18:38:55 -0700

Dunno where I got the 64 number from (maybe got confused with the 640 
100Ms or hallucinated). Still, a fairly small number which adds a bit of 
'exclusiveness.'

'AI' claims that 204 is less than 125:

https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift

I'd take Patrick's number as gospel.

bs

On 8/8/2025 5:35 PM, Patrick and Caroline Quinn wrote:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2025 08:06:59 +0000

--===============0891905966195712970==
Content-Language: en-GB
	boundary="_000_CWLP265MB38115C28104365CE04BD9AC8F32EACWLP265MB3811GBRP_"

--_000_CWLP265MB38115C28104365CE04BD9AC8F32EACWLP265MB3811GBRP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Still somewhat of a rarity nowadays though what with rust and lamp posts ta=
king their toll. Don't think I've ever seen one. UK. I've a Mk II BT7.....t=
he two seats in the back are a waste of space and, indeed, the whole area b=
ehind the front seats was a waste of space until I made a flat platform to =
have a luggage shelf in there. (Inspired by a something I read on this site=
).
Simon

________________________________
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of Bob Spidell via=
 Healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: 09 August 2025 02:38
To: Patrick and Caroline Quinn <[email-masked]>; Healeys <healeys@aut=
ox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb

bs

On 8/8/2025 5:35 PM, Patrick and Caroline Quinn wrote:
> G'day Bob
>
> Mk2 BN7s with a centre shift gearbox were far more common than 64. There =
were 141 made, of which 12 were RHD and 129 LHD. Five of the RHD cars didn'=
t leave Abingdon as they became Works Rally 3000s.
> From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Bob Spidell v=
ia Healeys
> I stumbled on this on my morning perusal of the web. I own a BN2/100M and=
 a BJ8, and always thought that a tri-carb, center-shift roadster would be =
a great addition to my 'collection'--given that a 100S is way out of my pay=
 grade--but, at this point just keeping my two Healeys maintained and drive=
n is all I can handle. IIRC, there were only 64 of these cars built with 3 =
carbs and a center-shift gearbox. Not shown are the wheels but I believe th=
at a few came with steel disk wheels, and not having to maintain three sets=
 of wires would be a benefit IMO.
>
> Please note I have no financial interest in this car, don't know the owne=
r, and know nothing beyond what's on the website, but it sure looks like a =
really nice car (possibly with a recent resto). Benecia is in the north SF =
Bay Area.
>
> https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823=
/
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donatio=
n  $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/arch=
ive/healeys
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/p.cquin=
[email-masked]

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

--_000_CWLP265MB38115C28104365CE04BD9AC8F32EACWLP265MB3811GBRP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, =
Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" clas=
s=3D"elementToProof">
Still somewhat of a rarity nowadays though what with rust and lamp posts ta=
king their toll. Don't think I've ever seen one. UK. I've a Mk II BT7.....t=
he two seats in the back are a waste of space and, indeed, the whole area b=
ehind the front seats was a waste
 of space until I made a flat platform to have a luggage shelf in there. (I=
nspired by a something I read on this site).</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, =
Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" clas=
s=3D"elementToProof">
Simon</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_EmbeddedFont, Aptos_MSFontService, =
Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" clas=
s=3D"elementToProof">
<br>
</div>
<div id=3D"appendonsend"></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Healeys &lt;healeys-b=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Bob Spidell via Healeys &lt;healeys@=
autox.team.net&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> 09 August 2025 02:38<br>
<b>To:</b> Patrick and Caroline Quinn &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; Healeys=
 &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div class=3D"BodyFragment"><font size=3D"2"><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;=
">
<div class=3D"PlainText">Dunno where I got the 64 number from (maybe got co=
nfused with the 640
<br>
100Ms or hallucinated). Still, a fairly small number which adds a bit of <b=
r>
'exclusiveness.'<br>
<br>
'AI' claims that 204 is less than 125:<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift">https://tinyurl.co=
m/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift</a><br>
<br>
I'd take Patrick's number as gospel.<br>
<br>
bs<br>
<br>
<br>
On 8/8/2025 5:35 PM, Patrick and Caroline Quinn wrote:<br>
&gt; G'day Bob<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Mk2 BN7s with a centre shift gearbox were far more common than 64. The=
re were 141 made, of which 12 were RHD and 129 LHD. Five of the RHD cars di=
dn't leave Abingdon as they became Works Rally 3000s.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hoo Roo<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Patrick Quinn<br>
&gt; Blue Mountains, Australia<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt; On Behalf Of Bob =
Spidell via Healeys<br>
&gt; Sent: Saturday, 9 August 2025 3:16 AM<br>
&gt; To: Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
&gt; Subject: [Healeys] Tri-Carb<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I stumbled on this on my morning perusal of the web. I own a BN2/100M =
and a BJ8, and always thought that a tri-carb, center-shift roadster would =
be a great addition to my 'collection'--given that a 100S is way out of my =
pay grade--but, at this point just
 keeping my two Healeys maintained and driven is all I can handle. IIRC, th=
ere were only 64 of these cars built with 3 carbs and a center-shift gearbo=
x. Not shown are the wheels but I believe that a few came with steel disk w=
heels, and not having to maintain
 three sets of wires would be a benefit IMO.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Please note I have no financial interest in this car, don't know the o=
wner, and know nothing beyond what's on the website, but it sure looks like=
 a really nice car (possibly with a recent resto). Benecia is in the north =
SF Bay Area.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-=
BN716212.65823/">
https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823/<=
/a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Bob<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://ww=
w.team.net/donate.html</a> Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.=
team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.net/arc=
hive/healeys</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; [email-masked]<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/h=
ealeys/[email-masked]">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
m.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.=
net/pipermail/healeys</a>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.net/arc=
hive/healeys</a><br>
<br>
[email-masked]<br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
com</a><br>
</div>
</span></font></div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_CWLP265MB38115C28104365CE04BD9AC8F32EACWLP265MB3811GBRP_--

--===============0891905966195712970==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0891905966195712970==--

---

From: Harold Manifold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2025 08:32:32 -0700

--===============5820513051682833960==

--000000000000d658fb063bf06676
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello All,

A Mark II BN7 with a center shift is indeed a rare car. I was looking
through the Clausager book this morning and came up with an estimate of how
many might exist.

The BN7 center shift was introduced in November 1961 and discontinued in
March 1962, which means there were only four months of production. In 1962,
129 left-hand drive (LHD) versions were made. If we assume a similar
production rate for the last two months of 1961 as the first two months of
1962, the total estimated number would be around 258. This might be a
slightly high estimate, as the production rate seemed to increase towards
the end of the run.

Regards,
Harold

On Sat, Aug 9, 2025 at 1:14=E2=80=AFAM [email-masked] <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Still somewhat of a rarity nowadays though what with rust and lamp posts
> taking their toll. Don't think I've ever seen one. UK. I've a Mk II
> BT7.....the two seats in the back are a waste of space and, indeed, the
> whole area behind the front seats was a waste of space until I made a fla=
t
> platform to have a luggage shelf in there. (Inspired by a something I rea=
d
> on this site).
> Simon
>
> ------------------------------
> *From:* Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of Bob Spidell
> via Healeys <[email-masked]>
> *Sent:* 09 August 2025 02:38
> *To:* Patrick and Caroline Quinn <[email-masked]>; Healeys <
> [email-masked]>
> *Subject:* Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb
>
> > Mk2 BN7s with a centre shift gearbox were far more common than 64. Ther=
e
> were 141 made, of which 12 were RHD and 129 LHD. Five of the RHD cars
> didn't leave Abingdon as they became Works Rally 3000s.
> >
> > Hoo Roo
> >
> > Patrick Quinn
> > I stumbled on this on my morning perusal of the web. I own a BN2/100M
> and a BJ8, and always thought that a tri-carb, center-shift roadster woul=
d
> be a great addition to my 'collection'--given that a 100S is way out of m=
y
> pay grade--but, at this point just keeping my two Healeys maintained and
> driven is all I can handle. IIRC, there were only 64 of these cars built
> with 3 carbs and a center-shift gearbox. Not shown are the wheels but I
> believe that a few came with steel disk wheels, and not having to maintai=
n
> three sets of wires would be a benefit IMO.
> >
> > Please note I have no financial interest in this car, don't know the
> owner, and know nothing beyond what's on the website, but it sure looks
> like a really nice car (possibly with a recent resto). Benecia is in the
> north SF Bay Area.
> >
> >
/
> > Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> >
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
uscom
> <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
lus.com>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000d658fb063bf06676
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Hello All,</div><div><br></div><div>A Mark II BN7 wit=
h a center shift is indeed a rare car. I was looking through the Clausager =
book this morning and came up with an estimate of how many might exist.</di=
v><div><br></div><div>The BN7 center shift was introduced in November 1961 =
and discontinued in March 1962, which means there were only four months of =
production. In 1962, 129 left-hand drive (LHD) versions were made. If we as=
sume a similar production rate for the last two months of 1961 as the first=
 two months of 1962, the total estimated number would be around 258. This m=
ight be a slightly high estimate, as the production rate seemed to increase=
 towards the end of the run.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards,</div><div>Ha=
rold</div><div><br></div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote gmail_quote_co=
ntainer"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Aug 9, 2025 at 1:14=
=E2=80=AFAM <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">simon.lach=
[email-masked]</a> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:simon.lachlan@alexarevel.=
plus.com">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockq=
uote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1p=
x solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div class=3D"msg485461459183695=
7032">

<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_EmbeddedFont,Aptos_MSFontService,Cali=
bri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
Still somewhat of a rarity nowadays though what with rust and lamp posts ta=
king their toll. Don&#39;t think I&#39;ve ever seen one. UK. I&#39;ve a Mk =
II BT7.....the two seats in the back are a waste of space and, indeed, the =
whole area behind the front seats was a waste
 of space until I made a flat platform to have a luggage shelf in there. (I=
nspired by a something I read on this site).</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_EmbeddedFont,Aptos_MSFontService,Cali=
bri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
Simon</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_EmbeddedFont,Aptos_MSFontService,Cali=
bri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<div id=3D"m_4854614591836957032appendonsend"></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%">
<div id=3D"m_4854614591836957032divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Ca=
libri, sans-serif" style=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> =
Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_bl=
ank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; on behalf of Bob Spidell via He=
aleys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">heale=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> 09 August 2025 02:38<br>
<b>To:</b> Patrick and Caroline Quinn &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:p.cquinn@outloo=
k.com" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;; Healeys &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb</font>
<div>=C2=A0</div>
</div>
<div><font size=3D"2"><span style=3D"font-size:11pt">
<div>Dunno where I got the 64 number from (maybe got confused with the 640
<br>
100Ms or hallucinated). Still, a fairly small number which adds a bit of <b=
r>
&#39;exclusiveness.&#39;<br>
<br>
&#39;AI&#39; claims that 204 is less than 125:<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift" target=3D"_blank">=
https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift</a><br>
<br>
I&#39;d take Patrick&#39;s number as gospel.<br>
<br>
bs<br>
<br>
<br>
On 8/8/2025 5:35 PM, Patrick and Caroline Quinn wrote:<br>
&gt; G&#39;day Bob<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Mk2 BN7s with a centre shift gearbox were far more common than 64. The=
re were 141 made, of which 12 were RHD and 129 LHD. Five of the RHD cars di=
dn&#39;t leave Abingdon as they became Works Rally 3000s.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hoo Roo<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Patrick Quinn<br>
&gt; Blue Mountains, Australia<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; On Behalf Of Bob Spi=
dell via Healeys<br>
&gt; Sent: Saturday, 9 August 2025 3:16 AM<br>
&gt; To: Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_b=
lank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; Subject: [Healeys] Tri-Carb<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I stumbled on this on my morning perusal of the web. I own a BN2/100M =
and a BJ8, and always thought that a tri-carb, center-shift roadster would =
be a great addition to my &#39;collection&#39;--given that a 100S is way ou=
t of my pay grade--but, at this point just
 keeping my two Healeys maintained and driven is all I can handle. IIRC, th=
ere were only 64 of these cars built with 3 carbs and a center-shift gearbo=
x. Not shown are the wheels but I believe that a few came with steel disk w=
heels, and not having to maintain
 three sets of wires would be a benefit IMO.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Please note I have no financial interest in this car, don&#39;t know t=
he owner, and know nothing beyond what&#39;s on the website, but it sure lo=
oks like a really nice car (possibly with a recent resto). Benecia is in th=
e north SF Bay Area.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-=
BN716212.65823/" target=3D"_blank">
https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823/<=
/a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Bob<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a> Suggested annual donation=C2=
=A0 $12.75<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" target=3D"_=
blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" target=3D"_blank">http://=
autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Healeys@au=
tox.team.net</a><br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_=
blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/h=
ealeys/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
nk">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" target=3D"_blank=
">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" target=3D"_blank">http://=
autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
com</a><br>
</div>
</span></font></div>
</div>

_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</div></blockquote></div>

--000000000000d658fb063bf06676--

--===============5820513051682833960==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5820513051682833960==--

---

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2025 07:53:49 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3317511311665292898==
 boundary="------------A0ER1NvJKPM25Z8k0NXlJ7Gh"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------A0ER1NvJKPM25Z8k0NXlJ7Gh
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

If I'm not mistaken--which I am a lot--the last of the BN7s were 
centre-shift but were dual carburettor, making the tri-carb, 
centre-shift BN7 one of the rarer Healeys. The numbers bandied-about put 
the production somewhere between the 100S and the 100M, no? I think the 
cars that came with steel disk wheels were a subset of those; that's why 
I thought one would be a great car to own.

bs

On 8/9/2025 8:32 AM, Harold Manifold wrote:
> through the Clausager book this morning and came up with an estimate 
> of how many might exist.
>
> The BN7 center shift was introduced in November 1961 and discontinued 
> in March 1962, which means there were only four months of production. 
> In 1962, 129 left-hand drive (LHD) versions were made. If we assume a 
> similar production rate for the last two months of 1961 as the first 
> two months of 1962, the total estimated number would be around 258. 
> This might be a slightly high estimate, as the production rate seemed 
> to increase towards the end of the run.
>
> Regards,
> Harold
>
>
> On Sat, Aug 9, 2025 at 1:14 AM [email-masked] 
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>     Still somewhat of a rarity nowadays though what with rust and lamp
>     posts taking their toll. Don't think I've ever seen one. UK. I've
>     a Mk II BT7.....the two seats in the back are a waste of space
>     and, indeed, the whole area behind the front seats was a waste of
>     space until I made a flat platform to have a luggage shelf in
>     there. (Inspired by a something I read on this site).
>     Simon
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     *From:* Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of Bob
>     Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
>     *To:* Patrick and Caroline Quinn <[email-masked]>; Healeys
>     <[email-masked]>
>     > Mk2 BN7s with a centre shift gearbox were far more common than
>     64. There were 141 made, of which 12 were RHD and 129 LHD. Five of
>     the RHD cars didn't leave Abingdon as they became Works Rally 3000s.
>     >
>     > Hoo Roo
>     >
>     > Patrick Quinn
>     > I stumbled on this on my morning perusal of the web. I own a
>     BN2/100M and a BJ8, and always thought that a tri-carb,
>     center-shift roadster would be a great addition to my
>     'collection'--given that a 100S is way out of my pay grade--but,
>     at this point just keeping my two Healeys maintained and driven is
>     all I can handle. IIRC, there were only 64 of these cars built
>     with 3 carbs and a center-shift gearbox. Not shown are the wheels
>     but I believe that a few came with steel disk wheels, and not
>     > Please note I have no financial interest in this car, don't know
>     the owner, and know nothing beyond what's on the website, but it
>     sure looks like a really nice car (possibly with a recent resto).
>     Benecia is in the north SF Bay Area.
>     >
>     >
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>

--------------A0ER1NvJKPM25Z8k0NXlJ7Gh
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    If I'm not mistaken--which I am a lot--the last of the BN7s were
    centre-shift but were dual carburettor, making the tri-carb,
    centre-shift BN7 one of the rarer Healeys. The numbers bandied-about
    put the production somewhere between the 100S and the 100M, no? I
    think the cars that came with steel disk wheels were a subset of
    those; that's why I thought one would be a great car to own.<br>
    <br>
    bs<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/9/2025 8:32 AM, Harold Manifold
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div>Hello All,</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>A Mark II BN7 with a center shift is indeed a rare car. I
          was looking through the Clausager book this morning and came
          up with an estimate of how many might exist.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>The BN7 center shift was introduced in November 1961 and
          discontinued in March 1962, which means there were only four
          months of production. In 1962, 129 left-hand drive (LHD)
          versions were made. If we assume a similar production rate for
          the last two months of 1961 as the first two months of 1962,
          the total estimated number would be around 258. This might be
          a slightly high estimate, as the production rate seemed to
          increase towards the end of the run.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Regards,</div>
        <div>Harold</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Aug 9, 2025 at 1:14 AM
          <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>
          &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div class="msg4854614591836957032">
            <div dir="ltr">
              <div
style="font-family:Aptos,Aptos_EmbeddedFont,Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
                Still somewhat of a rarity nowadays though what with
                rust and lamp posts taking their toll. Don't think I've
                ever seen one. UK. I've a Mk II BT7.....the two seats in
                the back are a waste of space and, indeed, the whole
                area behind the front seats was a waste of space until I
                made a flat platform to have a luggage shelf in there.
                (Inspired by a something I read on this site).</div>
              <div
style="font-family:Aptos,Aptos_EmbeddedFont,Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
                Simon</div>
              <div
style="font-family:Aptos,Aptos_EmbeddedFont,Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
                <br>
              </div>
              <hr style="display:inline-block;width:98%">
              <div id="m_4854614591836957032divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr"><font
                  face="Calibri, sans-serif" style="font-size:11pt"
                  color="#000000"><b>From:</b> Healeys &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                    class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                  on behalf of Bob Spidell via Healeys &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                  <b>Sent:</b> 09 August 2025 02:38<br>
                  <b>To:</b> Patrick and Caroline Quinn &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;;
                  Healeys &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                    class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                  <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb</font>
                <div> </div>
              </div>
              <div><font size="2"><span style="font-size:11pt">
                    <div>Dunno where I got the 64 number from (maybe got
                      confused with the 640
                      <br>
                      100Ms or hallucinated). Still, a fairly small
                      number which adds a bit of <br>
                      'exclusiveness.'<br>
                      <br>
                      'AI' claims that 204 is less than 125:<br>
                      <br>
                      <a
href="https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift</a><br>
                      <br>
                      I'd take Patrick's number as gospel.<br>
                      <br>
                      bs<br>
                      <br>
                      <br>
                      On 8/8/2025 5:35 PM, Patrick and Caroline Quinn
                      wrote:<br>
                      &gt; G'day Bob<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Mk2 BN7s with a centre shift gearbox were far
                      more common than 64. There were 141 made, of which
                      12 were RHD and 129 LHD. Five of the RHD cars
                      didn't leave Abingdon as they became Works Rally
                      3000s.<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Hoo Roo<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Patrick Quinn<br>
                      &gt; Blue Mountains, Australia<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
                      &gt; From: Healeys &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                      On Behalf Of Bob Spidell via Healeys<br>
                      &gt; Sent: Saturday, 9 August 2025 3:16 AM<br>
                      &gt; To: Healeys &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                      &gt; Subject: [Healeys] Tri-Carb<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; I stumbled on this on my morning perusal of
                      the web. I own a BN2/100M and a BJ8, and always
                      thought that a tri-carb, center-shift roadster
                      would be a great addition to my
                      'collection'--given that a 100S is way out of my
                      pay grade--but, at this point just keeping my two
                      Healeys maintained and driven is all I can handle.
                      IIRC, there were only 64 of these cars built with
                      3 carbs and a center-shift gearbox. Not shown are
                      the wheels but I believe that a few came with
                      steel disk wheels, and not having to maintain
                      three sets of wires would be a benefit IMO.<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Please note I have no financial interest in
                      this car, don't know the owner, and know nothing
                      beyond what's on the website, but it sure looks
                      like a really nice car (possibly with a recent
                      resto). Benecia is in the north SF Bay Area.<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; <a
href="https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823/"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">
https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823/</a><br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Bob<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt;
                      _______________________________________________<br>
                      &gt; Support Team.Net <a
                        href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
                      Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Archive: <a
                        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
                      <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
                      &gt; <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      <br>
                      _______________________________________________<br>
                      Support Team.Net <a
                        href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                      Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                      <br>
                      Archive: <a
                        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
                      <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                      <br>
                      <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
                      <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                      <br>
                      Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                    </div>
                  </span></font></div>
            </div>
            _______________________________________________<br>
            Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
              class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
            Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
            <br>
            Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
              class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
            <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
              class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
            <br>
            <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
              moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
            <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
              class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
            <br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
              class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
            <br>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------A0ER1NvJKPM25Z8k0NXlJ7Gh--

--===============3317511311665292898==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3317511311665292898==--

---

From: Robert Markovich via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2025 22:51:36 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0397980152207971498==
	boundary="----=_Part_3951024_1834347779.1754866296778"

------=_Part_3951024_1834347779.1754866296778
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Actually the last BN7 was a center-shift AND a tri-carb. All of the last si=
de-screen roadsters were center shift, be they dual=C2=A0or=E2=80=94later a=
nd last as of late 1961=E2=80=93triple carb. But most of the six-cylinder H=
ealeys, including the tri-carbs and center-shift examples,=C2=A0were two-pl=
us-two. Top sources give 355 as the number of two-seat-only BN7s with three=
 SUs.=C2=A0

On Sunday, August 10, 2025, 11:14 AM, Bob Spidell via Healeys <healeys@auto=
x.team.net> wrote:

  If I'm not mistaken--which I am a lot--the last of the BN7s were centre-s=
hift but were dual carburettor, making the tri-carb, centre-shift BN7 one o=
f the rarer Healeys. The numbers bandied-about put the production somewhere=
 between the 100S and the 100M, no? I think the cars that came with steel d=
isk wheels were a subset of those; that's why I thought one would be a grea=
t car to own.
=20
 bs
=20
 On 8/9/2025 8:32 AM, Harold Manifold wrote:
 =20
  Hello All,=20
  A Mark II BN7 with a center shift is indeed a rare car. I was looking thr=
ough the Clausager book this morning and came up with an estimate of how ma=
ny might exist.=20
  The BN7 center shift was introduced in November 1961 and discontinued in =
March 1962, which means there were only four months of production. In 1962,=
 129 left-hand drive (LHD) versions were made. If we assume a similar produ=
ction rate for the last two months of 1961 as the first two months of 1962,=
 the total estimated number would be around 258. This might be a slightly h=
igh estimate, as the production rate seemed to increase towards the end of =
the run.=20
  Regards, Harold=20
  =20
  On Sat, Aug 9, 2025 at 1:14=E2=80=AFAM [email-masked] =
<[email-masked]> wrote:
 =20
    Still somewhat of a rarity nowadays though what with rust and lamp post=
s taking their toll. Don't think I've ever seen one. UK. I've a Mk II BT7..=
...the two seats in the back are a waste of space and, indeed, the whole ar=
ea behind the front seats was a waste of space until I made a flat platform=
 to have a luggage shelf in there. (Inspired by a something I read on this =
site).  Simon =20
   From: Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of Bob Spidell =
via Healeys <[email-masked]>
 Sent: 09 August 2025 02:38
 To: Patrick and Caroline Quinn <[email-masked]>; Healeys <healeys@au=
tox.team.net>
 Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb =C2=A0   Dunno where I got the 64 number f=
rom (maybe got confused with the 640=20
 100Ms or hallucinated). Still, a fairly small number which adds a bit of=
=20
 'exclusiveness.'
=20
 'AI' claims that 204 is less than 125:
=20
 https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift
=20
 I'd take Patrick's number as gospel.
=20
 bs
=20
=20
 On 8/8/2025 5:35 PM, Patrick and Caroline Quinn wrote:
 > G'day Bob
 >
 > Mk2 BN7s with a centre shift gearbox were far more common than 64. There=
 were 141 made, of which 12 were RHD and 129 LHD. Five of the RHD cars didn=
't leave Abingdon as they became Works Rally 3000s.
 > From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Bob Spidell =
via Healeys
 > I stumbled on this on my morning perusal of the web. I own a BN2/100M an=
d a BJ8, and always thought that a tri-carb, center-shift roadster would be=
 a great addition to my 'collection'--given that a 100S is way out of my pa=
y grade--but, at this point just keeping my two Healeys maintained and driv=
en is all I can handle. IIRC, there were only 64 of these cars built with 3=
 carbs and a center-shift gearbox. Not shown are the wheels but I believe t=
hat a few came with steel disk wheels, and not having to maintain three set=
s of wires would be a benefit IMO.
 >
 > Please note I have no financial interest in this car, don't know the own=
er, and know nothing beyond what's on the website, but it sure looks like a=
 really nice car (possibly with a recent resto). Benecia is in the north SF=
 Bay Area.
 >
 > https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.6582=
3/
 > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donati=
on=C2=A0 $12.75
 >
 > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/arc=
hive/healeys
 > Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/p.cqui=
[email-masked]
=20
 _______________________________________________
 Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
 Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75
=20
 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archi=
ve/healeys
=20
 [email-masked]
 http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
=20
 Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/simon.la=
[email-masked]
    _______________________________________________
 Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
 Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75
=20
 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archi=
ve/healeys
=20
 [email-masked]
 http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
=20
 Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/manifold=
@telus.net
=20
 =20
 =20
=20
 _______________________________________________

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

------=_Part_3951024_1834347779.1754866296778
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microso=
ft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"><head><!--[=
if gte mso 9]><xml><o:OfficeDocumentSettings><o:AllowPNG/><o:PixelsPerInch>=
96</o:PixelsPerInch></o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><![endif]--></head><bo=
dy>
Actually the last BN7 was a center-shift AND a tri-carb. All of the last si=
de-screen roadsters were center shift, be they dual&nbsp;or=E2=80=94later a=
nd last as of late 1961=E2=80=93triple carb. But most of the six-cylinder H=
ealeys, including the tri-carbs and center-shift examples,&nbsp;were two-pl=
us-two. Top sources give 355 as the number of two-seat-only BN7s with three=
 SUs.&nbsp;<br><br><br><div class=3D"yahoo-signature"><a style=3D"font-size=
:12px" href=3D"https://aolapp.onelink.me/eG2g?pid=3DNativePlacement&amp;c=
=3DUS_Acquisition_YMktg_320_EmailSignature_AttributionDL&amp;af_sub1=3DAcqu=
isition&amp;af_sub2=3DUS_YMktg&amp;af_sub3=3D&amp;af_sub4=3D100002473&amp;a=
f_sub5=3DSentFromNewAOLApp__Interstitial_&amp;af_ios_store_cpp=3Dce85ce34-a=
d0f-4811-a92b-a172743b064e&amp;af_android_url=3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.c=
om%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.aol.mobile.aolapp%26listing%3Demail_=
signature_attribution">Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS</a><br></div><=
br><p class=3D"yahoo-quoted-begin" style=3D"font-size: 15px; color: rgb(132=
, 115, 255); padding-top: 15px; margin-top: 0px;">On Sunday, August 10, 202=
5, 11:14 AM, Bob Spidell via Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<=
/p><blockquote class=3D"iosymail"><div id=3D"yiv7092168403">

 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    If I'm not mistaken--which I am a lot--the last of the BN7s were
    centre-shift but were dual carburettor, making the tri-carb,
    centre-shift BN7 one of the rarer Healeys. The numbers bandied-about
    put the production somewhere between the 100S and the 100M, no? I
    think the cars that came with steel disk wheels were a subset of
    those; that's why I thought one would be a great car to own.<br>
    <br>
    bs<br>
    <br>
    <div class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-cite-prefix">On 8/9/2025 8:32 AM, Harold=
 Manifold
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div dir=3D"ltr">
        <div>Hello All,</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>A Mark II BN7 with a center shift is indeed a rare car. I
          was looking through the Clausager book this morning and came
          up with an estimate of how many might exist.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>The BN7 center shift was introduced in November 1961 and
          discontinued in March 1962, which means there were only four
          months of production. In 1962, 129 left-hand drive (LHD)
          versions were made. If we assume a similar production rate for
          the last two months of 1961 as the first two months of 1962,
          the total estimated number would be around 258. This might be
          a slightly high estimate, as the production rate seemed to
          increase towards the end of the run.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Regards,</div>
        <div>Harold</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class=3D"yiv7092168403gmail_quote yiv7092168403gmail_quote_conta=
iner">
        <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"yiv7092168403gmail_attr">On Sat, Aug 9, 2=
025 at 1:14=E2=80=AFAM
          <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:simon.l=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:simon.lachlan@=
alexarevel.plus.com" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">simon.lac=
[email-masked]</a>
          &lt;<a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:sim=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:simon.lach=
[email-masked]" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">simon=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid=
 rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex;" class=3D"yiv7092168403gmail_quote">
          <div class=3D"yiv7092168403msg4854614591836957032">
            <div dir=3D"ltr">
              <div style=3D"font-family:Aptos, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-ser=
if;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);">
                Still somewhat of a rarity nowadays though what with
                rust and lamp posts taking their toll. Don't think I've
                ever seen one. UK. I've a Mk II BT7.....the two seats in
                the back are a waste of space and, indeed, the whole
                area behind the front seats was a waste of space until I
                made a flat platform to have a luggage shelf in there.
                (Inspired by a something I read on this site).</div>
              <div style=3D"font-family:Aptos, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-ser=
if;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);">
                Simon</div>
              <div style=3D"font-family:Aptos, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-ser=
if;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);">
                <br>
              </div>
              <hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%;">
              <div id=3D"yiv7092168403m_4854614591836957032divRplyFwdMsg" d=
ir=3D"ltr"><b>From:</b> Healeys &lt;<a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer"=
 ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-li=
nk-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                  on behalf of Bob Spidell via Healeys &lt;<a rel=3D"nofoll=
ow noopener noreferrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D=
"_blank" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-t=
xt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                  <b>Sent:</b> 09 August 2025 02:38<br>
                  <b>To:</b> Patrick and Caroline Quinn &lt;<a rel=3D"nofol=
low noopener noreferrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"=
_blank" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-=
link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;;
                  Healeys &lt;<a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" ymail=
to=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:heale=
[email-masked]" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">healeys@aut=
ox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
                  <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb
                <div>&nbsp;</div>
              </div>
              <div><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;">
                    <div>Dunno where I got the 64 number from (maybe got
                      confused with the 640
                      <br>
                      100Ms or hallucinated). Still, a fairly small
                      number which adds a bit of <br>
                      'exclusiveness.'<br>
                      <br>
                      'AI' claims that 204 is less than 125:<br>
                      <br>
                      <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank" href=3D"https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift" class=3D"yiv7092=
168403moz-txt-link-freetext">https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift</=
a><br>
                      <br>
                      I'd take Patrick's number as gospel.<br>
                      <br>
                      bs<br>
                      <br>
                      <br>
                      On 8/8/2025 5:35 PM, Patrick and Caroline Quinn
                      wrote:<br>
                      &gt; G'day Bob<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Mk2 BN7s with a centre shift gearbox were far
                      more common than 64. There were 141 made, of which
                      12 were RHD and 129 LHD. Five of the RHD cars
                      didn't leave Abingdon as they became Works Rally
                      3000s.<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Hoo Roo<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Patrick Quinn<br>
                      &gt; Blue Mountains, Australia<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
                      &gt; From: Healeys &lt;<a rel=3D"nofollow noopener no=
referrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blan=
k" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz=
-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                      On Behalf Of Bob Spidell via Healeys<br>
                      &gt; Sent: Saturday, 9 August 2025 3:16 AM<br>
                      &gt; To: Healeys &lt;<a rel=3D"nofollow noopener nore=
ferrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" href=3D=
"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext=
">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                      &gt; Subject: [Healeys] Tri-Carb<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; I stumbled on this on my morning perusal of
                      the web. I own a BN2/100M and a BJ8, and always
                      thought that a tri-carb, center-shift roadster
                      would be a great addition to my
                      'collection'--given that a 100S is way out of my
                      pay grade--but, at this point just keeping my two
                      Healeys maintained and driven is all I can handle.
                      IIRC, there were only 64 of these cars built with
                      3 carbs and a center-shift gearbox. Not shown are
                      the wheels but I believe that a few came with
                      steel disk wheels, and not having to maintain
                      three sets of wires would be a benefit IMO.<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Please note I have no financial interest in
                      this car, don't know the owner, and know nothing
                      beyond what's on the website, but it sure looks
                      like a really nice car (possibly with a recent
                      resto). Benecia is in the north SF Bay Area.<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank" href=3D"https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-=
BN7-BN716212.65823/" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">
https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823/<=
/a><br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Bob<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt;
                      _______________________________________________<br>
                      &gt; Support Team.Net <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener nor=
eferrer" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" class=
=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
                      Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Archive: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer"=
 target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" class=3D"=
yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</=
a>
                      <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" class=3D"yiv7092168403m=
oz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" ymailto=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:Healeys=
@autox.team.net" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">Healeys@autox=
.team.net</a><br>
                      &gt; <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" class=
=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listi=
nfo/healeys</a><br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener =
noreferrer" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options=
/healeys/[email-masked]" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext"=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      <br>
                      _______________________________________________<br>
                      Support Team.Net <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" class=3D"yiv=
7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                      Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>
                      <br>
                      Archive: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" targ=
et=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" class=3D"yiv70=
92168403moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
                      <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" class=3D"yiv7092168403m=
oz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                      <br>
                      <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" ymailto=3D"ma=
ilto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:Healeys@autox=
.team.net" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked].=
net</a><br>
                      <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" class=3D"yiv70=
92168403moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/heale=
ys</a><br>
                      <br>
                      Unsubscribe/Manage: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noref=
errer" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/heal=
eys/[email-masked]">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
com</a><br>
                    </div>
                  </span></div>
            </div>
            _______________________________________________<br>
            Support Team.Net <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" class=3D"yiv7092168403=
moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
            Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>
            <br>
            Archive: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_bla=
nk" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" class=3D"yiv7092168403mo=
z-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
            <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_blank" href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-li=
nk-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
            <br>
            <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:Heale=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=
 class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br=
            <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_blank" href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" class=3D"yiv7092168403m=
oz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br=
            <br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" tar=
get=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/manifo=
[email-masked]" class=3D"yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
            <br>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

</div>_______________________________________________<br>Support Team.Net <=
a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.tea=
m.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Arch=
ive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/ar=
chive/healeys" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><=
br><br><a ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:Healeys@=
autox.team.net">[email-masked]</a><br><a href=3D"http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailm=
an/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http=
://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br><br><bl=
ockquote></blockquote></blockquote>
</body></html>
------=_Part_3951024_1834347779.1754866296778--

--===============0397980152207971498==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0397980152207971498==--

---

From: Richard Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2025 23:53:47 +0000

--===============0466425902288362289==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DM6PR12MB35467C1FF91EB3692EB84C6DBF29ADM6PR12MB3546namp_"

--_000_DM6PR12MB35467C1FF91EB3692EB84C6DBF29ADM6PR12MB3546namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_DM6PR12MB35467C1FF91EB3692EB84C6DBF29ADM6PR12MB3546namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_DM6PR12MB35467C1FF91EB3692EB84C6DBF29ADM6PR12MB3546namp_--

--===============0466425902288362289==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0466425902288362289==--

---

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2025 20:17:48 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2937471075295631578==
 boundary="------------2h8HE4pNvTGTNfHj2XU3aYYi"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------2h8HE4pNvTGTNfHj2XU3aYYi
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Thanks for the info. Overall, a relatively rare model. I think the 
smaller number I recalled may be the number of center-shift, tri-carb 
roadsters with disk wheels, anyone know if that was noted on a BMIHT cert?

bs

On 8/10/2025 3:51 PM, Robert Markovich wrote:
> Actually the last BN7 was a center-shift AND a tri-carb. All of the 
> last side-screen roadsters were center shift, be they dual or—later 
> and last as of late 1961–triple carb. But most of the six-cylinder 
> Healeys, including the tri-carbs and center-shift examples, were 
> two-plus-two. Top sources give 355 as the number of two-seat-only BN7s 
> with three SUs.
>
>
> <https://aolapp.onelink.me/eG2g?pid=NativePlacement&c=US_Acquisition_YMktg_320_EmailSignature_AttributionDL&af_sub1=Acquisition&af_sub2=US_YMktg&af_sub3=&af_sub4=100002473&af_sub5=SentFromNewAOLApp__Interstitial_&af_ios_store_cpp=ce85ce34-ad0f-4811-a92b-a172743b064e&af_android_url=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.aol.mobile.aolapp%26listing%3Demail_signature_attribution>
>
> On Sunday, August 10, 2025, 11:14 AM, Bob Spidell via Healeys 
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>     centre-shift BN7 one of the rarer Healeys. The numbers
>     bandied-about put the production somewhere between the 100S and
>     the 100M, no? I think the cars that came with steel disk wheels
>     were a subset of those; that's why I thought one would be a great
>     car to own.
>
>     bs
>
>>     A Mark II BN7 with a center shift is indeed a rare car. I was
>>     looking through the Clausager book this morning and came up with
>>     an estimate of how many might exist.
>>
>>     The BN7 center shift was introduced in November 1961 and
>>     months of production. In 1962, 129 left-hand drive (LHD) versions
>>     were made. If we assume a similar production rate for the last
>>     two months of 1961 as the first two months of 1962, the total
>>     estimated number would be around 258. This might be a slightly
>>     high estimate, as the production rate seemed to increase towards
>>     the end of the run.
>>
>>     Regards,
>>     Harold
>>
>>
>>     <[email-masked]
>>
>>         Still somewhat of a rarity nowadays though what with rust and
>>         lamp posts taking their toll. Don't think I've ever seen one.
>>         UK. I've a Mk II BT7.....the two seats in the back are a
>>         waste of space and, indeed, the whole area behind the front
>>         seats was a waste of space until I made a flat platform to
>>         have a luggage shelf in there. (Inspired by a something I
>>         read on this site).
>>         Simon
>>
>>         *From:* Healeys <[email-masked]
>>         Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]
>>         *To:* Patrick and Caroline Quinn <[email-masked]
>>         <https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift>
>>
>>         > Mk2 BN7s with a centre shift gearbox were far more common
>>         than 64. There were 141 made, of which 12 were RHD and 129
>>         LHD. Five of the RHD cars didn't leave Abingdon as they
>>         became Works Rally 3000s.
>>         >
>>         > Hoo Roo
>>         >
>>         > Patrick Quinn
>>         > From: Healeys <[email-masked]
>>         Spidell via Healeys
>>         > To: Healeys <[email-masked]
>>         > I stumbled on this on my morning perusal of the web. I own
>>         a BN2/100M and a BJ8, and always thought that a tri-carb,
>>         'collection'--given that a 100S is way out of my pay
>>         grade--but, at this point just keeping my two Healeys
>>         maintained and driven is all I can handle. IIRC, there were
>>         only 64 of these cars built with 3 carbs and a center-shift
>>         gearbox. Not shown are the wheels but I believe that a few
>>         came with steel disk wheels, and not having to maintain three
>>         sets of wires would be a benefit IMO.
>>         >
>>         > Please note I have no financial interest in this car, don't
>>         know the owner, and know nothing beyond what's on the
>>         website, but it sure looks like a really nice car (possibly
>>         with a recent resto). Benecia is in the north SF Bay Area.
>>         >
>>         >
>>         <https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823/>
>>         >
>>         > Bob
>>         >
>>         >
>>         <http://www.team.net/donate.html> Suggested annual donation 
>>         $12.75
>>         >
>>         > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>>         <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>
>>         http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>>         <http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys>
>>         >
>>         <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>>         >
>>         > Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>         <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>>         >
>>
>>         <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>>         Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>
>>         Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>>         <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>
>>         http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>>         <http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys>
>>
>>         <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>>
>>         Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>         <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>>         Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>
>>         Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>>         <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>
>>         http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>>         <http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys>
>>
>>         <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>>
>>         Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>         <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>>
>
>     Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------2h8HE4pNvTGTNfHj2XU3aYYi
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Thanks for the info. Overall, a relatively rare model. I think the
    smaller number I recalled may be the number of center-shift,
    tri-carb roadsters with disk wheels, anyone know if that was noted
    on a BMIHT cert?<br>
    <br>
    bs<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/10/2025 3:51 PM, Robert Markovich
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml><o:OfficeDocumentSettings><o:AllowPNG/><o:PixelsPerInch>96</o:PixelsPerInch></o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><![endif]-->
      Actually the last BN7 was a center-shift AND a tri-carb. All of
      the last side-screen roadsters were center shift, be they
      dual or—later and last as of late 1961–triple carb. But most of
      the six-cylinder Healeys, including the tri-carbs and center-shift
      examples, were two-plus-two. Top sources give 355 as the number of
      two-seat-only BN7s with three SUs. <br>
      <br>
      <br>
      <div class="yahoo-signature"><a style="font-size:12px"
href="https://aolapp.onelink.me/eG2g?pid=NativePlacement&amp;c=US_Acquisition_YMktg_320_EmailSignature_AttributionDL&amp;af_sub1=Acquisition&amp;af_sub2=US_YMktg&amp;af_sub3=&amp;af_sub4=100002473&amp;af_sub5=SentFromNewAOLApp__Interstitial_&amp;af_ios_store_cpp=ce85ce34-ad0f-4811-a92b-a172743b064e&amp;af_android_url=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.aol.mobile.aolapp%26listing%3Demail_signature_attribution"
          moz-do-not-send="true">Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS</a><br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <p class="yahoo-quoted-begin"
style="font-size: 15px; color: rgb(132, 115, 255); padding-top: 15px; margin-top: 0px;">On
        Sunday, August 10, 2025, 11:14 AM, Bob Spidell via Healeys
        <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:</p>
      <blockquote class="iosymail">
        <div id="yiv7092168403">
          <div> If I'm not mistaken--which I am a lot--the last of the
            BN7s were centre-shift but were dual carburettor, making the
            tri-carb, centre-shift BN7 one of the rarer Healeys. The
            numbers bandied-about put the production somewhere between
            the 100S and the 100M, no? I think the cars that came with
            steel disk wheels were a subset of those; that's why I
            thought one would be a great car to own.<br>
            <br>
            bs<br>
            <br>
            <div class="yiv7092168403moz-cite-prefix">On 8/9/2025 8:32
              AM, Harold Manifold wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type="cite">
              <div dir="ltr">
                <div>Hello All,</div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div>A Mark II BN7 with a center shift is indeed a rare
                  car. I was looking through the Clausager book this
                  morning and came up with an estimate of how many might
                  exist.</div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div>The BN7 center shift was introduced in November
                  1961 and discontinued in March 1962, which means there
                  were only four months of production. In 1962, 129
                  left-hand drive (LHD) versions were made. If we assume
                  a similar production rate for the last two months of
                  1961 as the first two months of 1962, the total
                  estimated number would be around 258. This might be a
                  slightly high estimate, as the production rate seemed
                  to increase towards the end of the run.</div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div>Regards,</div>
                <div>Harold</div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
              </div>
              <br>
              <div
class="yiv7092168403gmail_quote yiv7092168403gmail_quote_container">
                <div dir="ltr" class="yiv7092168403gmail_attr">On Sat,
                  Aug 9, 2025 at 1:14 AM <a
                    rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                    ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank"
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
                  &lt;<a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                    ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank"
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br>
                </div>
                <blockquote
style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex;"
                  class="yiv7092168403gmail_quote">
                  <div class="yiv7092168403msg4854614591836957032">
                    <div dir="ltr">
                      <div
style="font-family:Aptos, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);">
                        Still somewhat of a rarity nowadays though what
                        with rust and lamp posts taking their toll.
                        Don't think I've ever seen one. UK. I've a Mk II
                        BT7.....the two seats in the back are a waste of
                        space and, indeed, the whole area behind the
                        front seats was a waste of space until I made a
                        flat platform to have a luggage shelf in there.
                        (Inspired by a something I read on this site).</div>
                      <div
style="font-family:Aptos, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);">
                        Simon</div>
                      <div
style="font-family:Aptos, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);">
                        <br>
                      </div>
                      <hr style="display:inline-block;width:98%;">
                      <div
id="yiv7092168403m_4854614591836957032divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr"><b>From:</b>
                        Healeys &lt;<a
                          rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                          moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                        on behalf of Bob Spidell via Healeys &lt;<a
                          rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                          ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          target="_blank"
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                          moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                        <b>Sent:</b> 09 August 2025 02:38<br>
                        <b>To:</b> Patrick and Caroline Quinn &lt;<a
                          rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                          ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          target="_blank"
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                          moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;;
                        Healeys &lt;<a
                          rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                          ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          target="_blank"
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                          moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                        <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Tri-Carb
                        <div> </div>
                      </div>
                      <div><span style="font-size:11pt;">
                          <div>Dunno where I got the 64 number from
                            (maybe got confused with the 640 <br>
                            100Ms or hallucinated). Still, a fairly
                            small number which adds a bit of <br>
                            'exclusiveness.'<br>
                            <br>
                            'AI' claims that 204 is less than 125:<br>
                            <br>
                            <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
href="https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">https://tinyurl.com/BN7-Tricarb-Centre-Shift</a><br>
                            <br>
                            I'd take Patrick's number as gospel.<br>
                            <br>
                            bs<br>
                            <br>
                            <br>
                            On 8/8/2025 5:35 PM, Patrick and Caroline
                            Quinn wrote:<br>
                            &gt; G'day Bob<br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt; Mk2 BN7s with a centre shift gearbox
                            were far more common than 64. There were 141
                            made, of which 12 were RHD and 129 LHD. Five
                            of the RHD cars didn't leave Abingdon as
                            they became Works Rally 3000s.<br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt; Hoo Roo<br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt; Patrick Quinn<br>
                            &gt; Blue Mountains, Australia<br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
                            &gt; From: Healeys &lt;<a
                              rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
href="mailto:[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                            On Behalf Of Bob Spidell via Healeys<br>
                            &gt; Sent: Saturday, 9 August 2025 3:16 AM<br>
                            &gt; To: Healeys &lt;<a
                              rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                              target="_blank"
                              href="mailto:[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                            &gt; Subject: [Healeys] Tri-Carb<br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt; I stumbled on this on my morning
                            perusal of the web. I own a BN2/100M and a
                            BJ8, and always thought that a tri-carb,
                            center-shift roadster would be a great
                            addition to my 'collection'--given that a
                            100S is way out of my pay grade--but, at
                            this point just keeping my two Healeys
                            maintained and driven is all I can handle.
                            IIRC, there were only 64 of these cars built
                            with 3 carbs and a center-shift gearbox. Not
                            shown are the wheels but I believe that a
                            few came with steel disk wheels, and not
                            having to maintain three sets of wires would
                            be a benefit IMO.<br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt; Please note I have no financial
                            interest in this car, don't know the owner,
                            and know nothing beyond what's on the
                            website, but it sure looks like a really
                            nice car (possibly with a recent resto).
                            Benecia is in the north SF Bay Area.<br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt; <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
href="https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823/"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">
https://www.ahexp.com/registry/1962-Austin-Healey-3000-BN7-BN716212.65823/</a><br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt; Bob<br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt;
                            _______________________________________________<br>
                            &gt; Support Team.Net <a
                              rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
                              href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
                            Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt; Archive: <a
                              rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
                            <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt; <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                              target="_blank"
                              href="mailto:[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                            &gt; <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            &gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                              rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                            &gt;<br>
                            <br>
_______________________________________________<br>
                            Support Team.Net <a
                              rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
                              href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                            Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                            <br>
                            Archive: <a
                              rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
                            <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                            <br>
                            <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                              target="_blank"
                              href="mailto:[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                            <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                            <br>
                            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                              rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                              target="_blank"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                          </div>
                        </span></div>
                    </div>
                    _______________________________________________<br>
                    Support Team.Net <a
                      rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"
                      href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                    Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                    <br>
                    Archive: <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                      target="_blank"
                      href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
                    <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                      target="_blank"
                      href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                    <br>
                    <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                      ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank"
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                    <a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"
                      target="_blank"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                    <br>
                    Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                      rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
class="yiv7092168403moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                    <br>
                  </div>
                </blockquote>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
            <br>
          </div>
        </div>
        _______________________________________________<br>
        Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
        Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
        <br>
        Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
        <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" target="_blank"
          moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
        <br>
        <a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
          href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true"
          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
        <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
        <br>
        Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
        <br>
      </blockquote>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------2h8HE4pNvTGTNfHj2XU3aYYi--

--===============2937471075295631578==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2937471075295631578==--