Subject: [Healeys] Steering Stator 'Lantern' Bush

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2025 16:08:36 -0700

Hi All,

I'm installing a DWM steering column/box in my BJ8. I've had a 'knock' 
from somewhere around the fascia when going over bumps that has annoyed 
me for years--a worse one was eliminated when I sound a small spanner in 
the 'black hole' in the chassis--and I'm hoping, maybe the new column 
will solve this problem (among numerous others with the old box). On my 
BN2 there was a stator tube  'lantern bush,' which looks like it's there 
to prevent the stator from banging against the inside of the hollow 
shaft, as unlikely as that may be, and I thought I'd install one in the 
BJ8 just for yucks. Anyone know where to find these, discussed here:

https://www.ahexp.com/forum/the-100-forum.4/lantern-bushing.301737/

Expecting no luck, any thought on putting some sort of washer or sleeve 
on the stator tube?

Bob
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]