Subject: [Healeys] Healey 100 Mods

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 08:50:34 -0800

The current discussion re: "What should us old f***s do with our Healeys 
when we're too decrepit to drive them and the kids and grandkids 
(mostly) want nothing to do with them"--and related to a couple ads I've 
gotten recently from AHSpares--got me to thinking. I've largely kept the 
100M my dad found in the local newspaper that we restored together 
original, but now I'm thinking, pursuant to that conversation, why not 
make some 'tweaks' to improve its drive-ability, since it won't end up a 
museum piece anyway? In particular: the brakes suck. They're all 
new/refurbished, and stop well enough for drums, but pull badly and no 
amount of adjustment makes any difference (my dad's '65 Mustang, with 
all drums, was even worse, and I advised the guy who bought it to 
install front disks since it was to be his teenage daughter's car). 
'Spares also hit me with an ad for an upgraded Panhard kit, which 
supposedly improves handling--though, besides the brakes I have no 
issues with its handling--but, why not (since I'll be shipping across 
The Pond anyway)?

Anyway, anyone got experience with either of these mods, esp. the brake 
kit (the rotors look a little thin compared to my BJ8's)? FWIW, I'll be 
72 this year but can still drive well enough to wrangle a 480HP 
Mustang--my wife might disagree--and I'm considering re-upping my pilot 
medical (which, if I'm successful, should tell me something about my 
fitness).

bs
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys