Subject: [Healeys] Leaking carburetor final results

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2025 19:02:11 +0000 xjGq+1lEBxGKnBjN7CHOiQLUsRqP0rsTu+M3BltgNozXjS50IHZzTAZyWO0RNGpMWL3cjaYn3dR48A==

----_NmP-c0ff1f4c2cd2f8ba-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>
<div>OK, great suggestions for a cure, however you can never outguess=
 an LBC. Issue was not the floats; not the needle valves; not too much fuel=
 pressure; not cracked covers or bodies-it was a FUEL LINE LEAK.&nbsp; =
Discussed on the phone and solved by COCBCC club member Michael Meindorfer,=
 whos comment was "it has to be external".</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Sure enough, the fuel line compression fitting just below the drain =
tube was shooting a tiny geyser directly onto the drain tube (location seen=
 in photo) which then ran down the copper pipe to the ground! It appeared =
to be overflow. Somewhere in the 50s the pipe was altered and a fitting =
added that was not well done and let just a fine spray of fuel escape. Fuel=
 line off the car to get replaced.&nbsp; Garage stinks of petrol but issue =
is solved...now I just have to crawl, with this old body, back under and =
fish the fuel line back into position (this is the hard part).Did it-no =
leaks! Thanks to all for comments. Happy New Year, Hank</div>
</div>
----_NmP-c0ff1f4c2cd2f8ba-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=20250103_190234.jpg

----_NmP-c0ff1f4c2cd2f8ba-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=20250103_112343.jpg

----_NmP-c0ff1f4c2cd2f8ba-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=20250103_170820.jpg

----_NmP-c0ff1f4c2cd2f8ba-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=20250103_112333.jpg

----_NmP-c0ff1f4c2cd2f8ba-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

----_NmP-c0ff1f4c2cd2f8ba-Part_1--