Subject: Re: [Healeys] carb damper

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2024 21:36:09 +0000 t8/aqDWc9WcH3Y2a36ALQEcPfl9pHiR+u1YwOkNWS8Fpv7ivkQ5nZAEQYazQ7pP3jPYqktdYGu2vB11aenVU6bEvUy5Kg/OlJ/athzogId3vGuqlpz0nt4G6 /A/fWAuJH5eLzjRQAkHFvYhWCfn6WDONWqlRMOyoz08=

--===============6170095039392240806==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Yes, also when too heavy of an oil is added to the chamber and then =
shoving in the dampener; it can come right thru&nbsp; the plastic cap...use=
 SU or 10W lightweight oil not engine oil or anything else for that matter.=
 Missing dampener solved! Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From: =
"richard mayor" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: "healeymanjim" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Cc: "healeys" &lt;[email-masked].=
net&gt; <br>Sent: December 24, 2024 at 10:30 AM PST <br>Subject: Re: =
[Healeys] carb damper <br>On occasion I have seen dampers &nbsp;with =
plastic caps that have the steel rod protruding through the top of the cap.=
 &nbsp;This is caused when the engine has backfired through the carburetors=
 and the piston and damper are driven upwards. This drives the damper rod =
through the plastic cap. &nbsp;You will never see this with the dampers =
with brass caps.&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>I suspect this is what =
started the issue with your damper before the previous owner made it even =
worse.</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;<br id=3D"lineBreakAtBeginningOfMessage">
<div>
<div>Richard Mayor</div>
<div>[email-masked]</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div><br>
<blockquote>
<div>On Dec 24, 2024, at =
9:02=E2=80=AFAM, healeymanjim via Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt; =
wrote:</div>
<div>
<div>ran into something have not seen before. =
&nbsp;cleaning the carbs on an MGTC and discovered there is no damper. =
&nbsp;there is a plastic cap and a 3/16 hole approx 1/4 inch deep in top of=
 piston rod. &nbsp;Moss shows a damper and so does the workshop manual. =
&nbsp;any ideas what i have here?<br>______________________________________=
_________<br>Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested =
annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br><br>Archive: http://www.team.=
net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys<br><br>Healeys@=
autox.team.net<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<br><br>Uns=
ubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/boyracer466@=
gmail.com<br><br></div>
</div>
</blockquote>
</div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>

--===============6170095039392240806==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6170095039392240806==--