Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive pressure or clutch slip Step 3

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2024 16:04:03 +0000 tSFh8E82NWRml1NluwpvfLXZ5Scm8ODEhmFcsPKY2DrdDnrLYUXLkDHIOwg/DEwzzMAat+pLU5CXMlKYEVaKoN0J7M5oeUQyOi1QY2xChYWZ8wFfwQlKVc1X XWxJpshmlLxyAowZBFDmbA==

--===============0661626562837157523==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Simon-it sound to me that your slippage is in your driving clutch.=
&nbsp; If OD is in direct and the 8 springs doing their job, the engine =
clutch is suspect if slipping occurs.&nbsp; Healeys are known for that =
issue from the early days of oil on the disc.&nbsp; In rallies they sprayed=
 the clutch with brake cleaner to stop the slipping.</div>
<div>Then too I remember that you had issues with your pressure plate when =
replaced...your model had 3 different PPs depending on the year and upgrade=
 and the absolute correct one must be used with the correct gearbox.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Slipping when it gets hot (or saturated) in direct =
drive (or in OD for that matter) indicates engine clutch issues. Hank</div>
<div><br>-------------------- <br><br>From: "Simon Lachlan via Healeys" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Reply-To: "Simon Lachlan" &lt;simon.=
[email-masked]&gt; <br>Cc: "Healeys" &lt;[email-masked].=
net&gt; <br>Sent: May 8, 2024 at 3:31 PM PDT <br>Subject: [Healeys] =
Overdrive pressure or clutch slip Step 3 <br>Just when you thought it was =
all over......<br>So, thanks for all the replies and advice so far. I've =
only been able to get back to the car in the last few days. Better weather =
and negotiating various domestic hurdles (usual stuff). Mindful of specific=
 advice:- 1) I swapped the relay for a new one left over from the last bout=
. The one in the car passed the tests but it could have been marginal I =
suppose. 2) I swapped the solenoid for a new one left over from the last =
bout. Ditto above. 3) I adjusted the Throttle Switch. God, that's a =
wretched thing. 4) Checked oil, electrics etcetc. 5) Pressure good at +/- =
520psi 6) OD going in &amp; out per usual tests ie when sitting in the =
garage Etcetc Took the car out for a longer trip today. Performed very well=
 for about 10 miles then the slippage(?) started again. Especially on hills=
. Removed the OD's fuse which, I reckon, puts the OD out of the game. =
Symptoms continued. Now.....I know and I've experienced low OD pressure. =
All's well until oil warms up and pressure drops. But, now I've supposedly =
taken the OD out of the equation, I'm asking myself, "ODs are effected by =
their oil's temperature but the flywheel/clutch connection is friction. So,=
 it either slips or it doesn't ie regardless of temperature." Is that right=
??? Despite that question/worry of mine, I am leaning very much towards =
clutch slip as opposed to OD, which is pretty new don't forget. The slip is=
 pretty drastic and seems to have worsened noticeably. I'm reluctant to =
take the box out until I've ruled out a few alternatives. If there are any!=
 Besides an issue at the clutch plate to flywheel connection, is there =
anything else that can cause this? Or are there other areas yet to be =
explored. I really need to get this thing fixed as am hoping to take it =
over to Ireland in July. Simon ____________________________________________=
___ Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual =
donation $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox=
.team.net/archive/healeys [email-masked] http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/healeys Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/healeys/gradea1@charter.=
net</div>

--===============0661626562837157523==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0661626562837157523==--