Subject: [Healeys] Parts.

From: David Lodge via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 01:27:27 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_17529790_1828342513.1701566847645
	boundary="----=_Part_17529789_220552603.1701566847591"

------=_Part_17529789_220552603.1701566847591
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

To the group, greetings!
Anybody had any dealings with these characters?=C2=A0 They have a hugely im=
pressive catalogue, I must say!

------=_Part_17529789_220552603.1701566847591
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div class="yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">To the group, greetings!</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><br></div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Anybody had any dealings with these characters?&nbsp; They have a hugely impressive catalogue, I must say!<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_17529789_220552603.1701566847591--

------=_Part_17529790_1828342513.1701566847645
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 5.24.13
 PM.png"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_Part_17529790_1828342513.1701566847645
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_Part_17529790_1828342513.1701566847645--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 07:20:12 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1256044072430204518==
 boundary="------------aW5eI71MBciJdIUG6q93YqfK"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------aW5eI71MBciJdIUG6q93YqfK
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I haven't dealt with the company itself, but I am familiar with one of 
their products. Anyone with a 100--or even a 6-cyl car--knows getting 
quality water pumps is a problem. Bastuck sells (makes?) a supposedly 
'uprated' pump for 100s, of which I've bought a couple (long story--see 
below). Their pump won't pass muster with the Concours Committee due, in 
part to it having the company name molded onto the body and other 
cosmetic issues, and its threading won't fit the OEM brass shutoff valve 
(WHY??? -- it comes with a barbed nipple). But, the real issue is it is 
supplied with a threaded plug which, well, doesn't plug. The plug is a 
good mm or two too small in diameter and, is machine thread and is quite 
sloppy in its hole. I tried:

- (lots of) teflon tape
- thread sealant
- JB weld

... and couldn't get a seal (yes, the pump had to come out and back in 
with each attempt, at least, until I wised-up and tested it on the 
bench). Finally, I got pissed-off and brazed that sucker, which made a 
seal but I damaged the internal seal so I wasn't comfortable installing 
it. On the recommendation of someone on this list I tried a Permatex 
product called 'Seal and Lock' which worked a treat (NFI). So, that's 
what I know about them; they sell a part that is obviously, well, 
imperfect. OTOH, the only alternative is from County (don't get me 
started). I did get my OEM pump rebuilt by a reputable rebuilder but, 
for now, it stays on the shelf.

bs

On 12/2/2023 5:27 PM, David Lodge via Healeys wrote:
> To the group, greetings!
>
> Anybody had any dealings with these characters?  They have a hugely 
> impressive catalogue, I must say!

--------------aW5eI71MBciJdIUG6q93YqfK
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    I haven't dealt with the company itself, but I am familiar with one
    of their products. Anyone with a 100--or even a 6-cyl car--knows
    getting quality water pumps is a problem. Bastuck sells (makes?) a
    supposedly 'uprated' pump for 100s, of which I've bought a couple
    (long story--see below). Their pump won't pass muster with the
    Concours Committee due, in part to it having the company name molded
    onto the body and other cosmetic issues, and its threading won't fit
    the OEM brass shutoff valve (WHY??? -- it comes with a barbed
    nipple). But, the real issue is it is supplied with a threaded plug
    which, well, doesn't plug. The plug is a good mm or two too small in
    diameter and, is machine thread and is quite sloppy in its hole. I
    tried:<br>
    <br>
    - (lots of) teflon tape<br>
    - thread sealant<br>
    - JB weld<br>
    <br>
    ... and couldn't get a seal (yes, the pump had to come out and back
    in with each attempt, at least, until I wised-up and tested it on
    the bench). Finally, I got pissed-off and brazed that sucker, which
    made a seal but I damaged the internal seal so I wasn't comfortable
    installing it. On the recommendation of someone on this list I tried
    a Permatex product called 'Seal and Lock' which worked a treat
    (NFI). So, that's what I know about them; they sell a part that is
    obviously, well, imperfect. OTOH, the only alternative is from
    County (don't get me started). I did get my OEM pump rebuilt by a
    reputable rebuilder but, for now, it stays on the shelf.<br>
    <br>
    bs<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 12/2/2023 5:27 PM, David Lodge via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div class="yahoo-style-wrap"
style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">To the group, greetings!</div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Anybody had any dealings with
          these characters?  They have a hugely impressive catalogue, I
          must say!<br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <span style="white-space: pre-wrap">
</span>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------aW5eI71MBciJdIUG6q93YqfK--

--===============1256044072430204518==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1256044072430204518==--

---

From: FGary Springer via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 13:42:43 -0600

--===============2836425275041281494==

--00000000000029600f060ba03575
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

My dealings with Bastuck, though limited, went well. In 2022 I need a rear
brake adjuster (BT7) and saw that M-M source was Bastuck so I contacted
them online and purchased two units as the price for two was slightly
higher that one from M-M with shipping considered. (DHL).  Worked out ok
and they included  3 or their catalogs which I passed on to others.
Gary Springer

On Sun, Dec 3, 2023 at 9:47=E2=80=AFAM Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> w=
rote:

> part to it having the company name molded onto the body and other cosmeti=
c
> issues, and its threading won't fit the OEM brass shutoff valve (WHY??? -=
-
> it comes with a barbed nipple). But, the real issue is it is supplied wit=
h
> a threaded plug which, well, doesn't plug. The plug is a good mm or two t=
oo
> small in diameter and, is machine thread and is quite sloppy in its hole.=
 I
> tried:
> with each attempt, at least, until I wised-up and tested it on the bench)=
.
> Finally, I got pissed-off and brazed that sucker, which made a seal but I
> damaged the internal seal so I wasn't comfortable installing it. On the
> recommendation of someone on this list I tried a Permatex product called
> 'Seal and Lock' which worked a treat (NFI). So, that's what I know about
> them; they sell a part that is obviously, well, imperfect. OTOH, the only
> alternative is from County (don't get me started). I did get my OEM pump
> rebuilt by a reputable rebuilder but, for now, it stays on the shelf.
>
> bs
>
>
>
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--00000000000029600f060ba03575
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">My dealings with Bastuck, though limited, went well. In 20=
22 I need a rear brake adjuster (BT7) and saw that M-M source was Bastuck s=
o I contacted them online and purchased two units as the price for two was =
slightly higher that one from M-M with shipping considered. (DHL).=C2=A0 Wo=
rked out ok and they included=C2=A0 3 or their catalogs which I passed on t=
o others.<div>Gary Springer=C2=A0</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"=
><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Dec 3, 2023 at 9:47=E2=80=AF=
AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">bspidell@comcast=
.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"mar=
gin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1=
ex"><u></u>

 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    I haven&#39;t dealt with the company itself, but I am familiar with one
    of their products. Anyone with a 100--or even a 6-cyl car--knows
    getting quality water pumps is a problem. Bastuck sells (makes?) a
    supposedly &#39;uprated&#39; pump for 100s, of which I&#39;ve bought a =
couple
    (long story--see below). Their pump won&#39;t pass muster with the
    Concours Committee due, in part to it having the company name molded
    onto the body and other cosmetic issues, and its threading won&#39;t fi=
t
    the OEM brass shutoff valve (WHY??? -- it comes with a barbed
    nipple). But, the real issue is it is supplied with a threaded plug
    which, well, doesn&#39;t plug. The plug is a good mm or two too small i=
n
    diameter and, is machine thread and is quite sloppy in its hole. I
    tried:<br>
    <br>
    - (lots of) teflon tape<br>
    - thread sealant<br>
    - JB weld<br>
    <br>
    ... and couldn&#39;t get a seal (yes, the pump had to come out and back
    in with each attempt, at least, until I wised-up and tested it on
    the bench). Finally, I got pissed-off and brazed that sucker, which
    made a seal but I damaged the internal seal so I wasn&#39;t comfortable
    installing it. On the recommendation of someone on this list I tried
    a Permatex product called &#39;Seal and Lock&#39; which worked a treat
    (NFI). So, that&#39;s what I know about them; they sell a part that is
    obviously, well, imperfect. OTOH, the only alternative is from
    County (don&#39;t get me started). I did get my OEM pump rebuilt by a
    reputable rebuilder but, for now, it stays on the shelf.<br>
    <br>
    bs<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div>On 12/2/2023 5:27 PM, David Lodge via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div style=3D"font-family:&quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;,Helvetica,Arial,=
sans-serif;font-size:13px">
        <div dir=3D"ltr">To the group, greetings!</div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr">Anybody had any dealings with
          these characters?=C2=A0 They have a hugely impressive catalogue, =
I
          must say!<br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <span style=3D"white-space:pre-wrap">
</span>
      <pre></pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--00000000000029600f060ba03575--

--===============2836425275041281494==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2836425275041281494==--

---

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 13:27:57 -0800

--===============1564955735723205451==

--0000000000007ec8d5060ba1ad5d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

AH Spares sells a "Premium" water pump that they say is made in the UK, but
suspiciously looks exactly like the Bastuck pump.  The Bastuck name is not
cast ito the body, but the non-ealing plug and the barbed nipple are ther
just like the Bastuck version.  The illustration shows teflon tape on the
threads of the plug and the nipple and it shows the pump with a new pulley
installed.  Oh, and they want $124 for it.  With shipping, well you decide.
Mike MacLean

On Sun, Dec 3, 2023 at 12:21=E2=80=AFPM FGary Springer via Healeys <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> My dealings with Bastuck, though limited, went well. In 2022 I need a rea=
r
> On Sun, Dec 3, 2023 at 9:47=E2=80=AFAM Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>=
 wrote:
>> part to it having the company name molded onto the body and other cosmet=
ic
>> issues, and its threading won't fit the OEM brass shutoff valve (WHY??? =
--
>> it comes with a barbed nipple). But, the real issue is it is supplied wi=
th
>> a threaded plug which, well, doesn't plug. The plug is a good mm or two =
too
>> small in diameter and, is machine thread and is quite sloppy in its hole=
. I
>> with each attempt, at least, until I wised-up and tested it on the bench=
).
>> Finally, I got pissed-off and brazed that sucker, which made a seal but =
I
>> them; they sell a part that is obviously, well, imperfect. OTOH, the onl=
y
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--0000000000007ec8d5060ba1ad5d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>AH Spares sells a &quot;Premium&quot; water pump that=
 they say is made in the UK, but suspiciously looks exactly like the Bastuc=
k pump.=C2=A0 The Bastuck name is not cast ito the body, but the non-ealing=
 plug and the barbed nipple are ther just like the Bastuck version.=C2=A0 T=
he illustration shows teflon tape on the threads of the plug and the nipple=
 and it shows the pump with a new pulley installed.=C2=A0 Oh, and they want=
 $124 for it.=C2=A0 With shipping, well you decide.</div><div>Mike MacLean<=
br></div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gma=
il_attr">On Sun, Dec 3, 2023 at 12:21=E2=80=AFPM FGary Springer via Healeys=
 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&g=
t; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0p=
x 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div d=
ir=3D"ltr">My dealings with Bastuck, though limited, went well. In 2022 I n=
eed a rear brake adjuster (BT7) and saw that M-M source was Bastuck so I co=
ntacted them online and purchased two units as the price for two was slight=
ly higher that one from M-M with shipping considered. (DHL).=C2=A0 Worked o=
ut ok and they included=C2=A0 3 or their catalogs which I passed on to othe=
rs.<div>Gary Springer=C2=A0</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div =
dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Dec 3, 2023 at 9:47=E2=80=AFAM Bob=
 Spidell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">bspi=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" =
style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);pa=
dding-left:1ex"><u></u>

 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>

s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://au=
tox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000007ec8d5060ba1ad5d--

--===============1564955735723205451==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1564955735723205451==--