Subject: [Healeys] Mating the overdrive to the transmission

From: warthodson--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 01:18:12 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5813912552514271507==
	boundary="----=_Part_1712998_917499366.1687223892247"

------=_Part_1712998_917499366.1687223892247
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I spent the day assisting a friend trying to mate his OD to his transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive & Trans. were pulled to replace a few internal trans parts which was done & we did not run into any issues. We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4" of mating to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We have confirmed that the oil pump roller has been fully retracted. What are we bumping up against & how do we get past it?Gary Hodson
------=_Part_1712998_917499366.1687223892247
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div class="yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Comic Sans MS, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">I spent the day assisting a friend trying to mate his OD to his transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive &amp; Trans. were pulled to replace a few internal trans parts which was done &amp; we did not run into any issues. We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4" of mating to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We have confirmed that the oil pump roller has been fully retracted. What are we bumping up against &amp; how do we get past it?</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Gary Hodson</div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_1712998_917499366.1687223892247--

--===============5813912552514271507==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5813912552514271507==--

---

From: Elton S <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 23:07:09 -0400

--===============4323470585528867967==

--0000000000001c992c05fe86f3d4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Lining up the splines in the OD.
Elton

On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 9:52=E2=80=AFPM warthodson--- via Healeys <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> I spent the day assisting a friend trying to mate his OD to his
> transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive & Trans. were pulled to
> replace a few internal trans parts which was done & we did not run into a=
ny
> issues. We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4" of mating to the
> trans, but cannot close that gap. We have confirmed that the oil pump
> roller has been fully retracted. What are we bumping up against & how do =
we
> get past it?
> Gary Hodson
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--0000000000001c992c05fe86f3d4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Lining up the splines in the OD.<div>Elton</div></div><br>=
<div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Ju=
n 19, 2023 at 9:52=E2=80=AFPM warthodson--- via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-l=
eft:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-fa=
mily:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=3D"ltr">=
I spent the day assisting a friend trying to mate his OD to his transmissio=
n. The car is a &#39;63 BJ7. The overdrive &amp; Trans. were pulled to repl=
ace a few internal trans parts which was done &amp; we did not run into any=
 issues. We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4&quot; of mating to the=
 trans, but cannot close that gap. We have confirmed that the oil pump roll=
er has been fully retracted. What are we bumping up against &amp; how do we=
 get past it?</div><div dir=3D"ltr">Gary Hodson</div></div></div>__________=
_____________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000001c992c05fe86f3d4--

--===============4323470585528867967==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4323470585528867967==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 20:08:54 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------aqzJsNgkMzAe0bCMM1fQSeoI
 boundary="------------D0ZD0xiLBna7RrUtcK9GnQMb"

--------------D0ZD0xiLBna7RrUtcK9GnQMb
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

There is a bronze thrust washer that has to be perfectly centered to get 
that last 3/4" (#148 in this diagram):

https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8

You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use a suitable 
'drift' to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end and lower 
the gearbox onto it; gently rotating the gearbox while lowering. First 
time I did this I must have got lucky, but danged if I can explain this 
(see attached photo). Most recently I fought for a couple days then 
threw in the towel and took gearbox and O/D to BCS which, fortunately, 
is only a half-hour away. David and his mechanics had a novel technique 
I've not heard described anywhere; basically, he removed the pump 
completely--it's only two screws IIRC--and split the O/D into front and 
rear sections and tipped the gearbox and O/D up--gearbox on bottom--then 
had two of his mechanics pull the sections together with huge 
channellock pliers while David rotated the output shaft to 'feel it in' 
(you had to be there).

Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump cam oriented correctly, or 
you'll get more experience with this process than you probably want.

bs

On 6/19/2023 6:18 PM, warthodson--- via Healeys wrote:
> transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive & Trans. were pulled 
> to replace a few internal trans parts which was done & we did not run 
> into any issues. We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4" of 
> mating to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We have confirmed that 
> the oil pump roller has been fully retracted. What are we bumping up 
> against & how do we get past it?
> Gary Hodson
>

--------------D0ZD0xiLBna7RrUtcK9GnQMb
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    There is a bronze thrust washer that has to be perfectly centered to
    get that last 3/4" (#148 in this diagram):<br>
    <br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8">https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8</a><br>
    <br>
    You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use a suitable
    'drift' to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end and
    lower the gearbox onto it; gently rotating the gearbox while
    lowering. First time I did this I must have got lucky, but danged if
    I can explain this (see attached photo). Most recently I fought for
    a couple days then threw in the towel and took gearbox and O/D to
    BCS which, fortunately, is only a half-hour away. David and his
    mechanics had a novel technique I've not heard described anywhere;
    basically, he removed the pump completely--it's only two screws
    IIRC--and split the O/D into front and rear sections and tipped the
    gearbox and O/D up--gearbox on bottom--then had two of his mechanics
    pull the sections together with huge channellock pliers while David
    rotated the output shaft to 'feel it in' (you had to be there).<br>
    <br>
    Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump cam oriented
    correctly, or you'll get more experience with this process than you
    probably want.<br>
    <br>
    bs<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/19/2023 6:18 PM, warthodson--- via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div class="yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Comic Sans MS,
        sans-serif;font-size:16px;">
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">I spent the day assisting a
          friend trying to mate his OD to his transmission. The car is a
          '63 BJ7. The overdrive &amp; Trans. were pulled to replace a
          few internal trans parts which was done &amp; we did not run
          into any issues. We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4"
          of mating to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We have
          confirmed that the oil pump roller has been fully retracted.
          What are we bumping up against &amp; how do we get past it?</div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Gary Hodson</div>
      </div>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------D0ZD0xiLBna7RrUtcK9GnQMb--

--------------aqzJsNgkMzAe0bCMM1fQSeoI
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Annulus.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------aqzJsNgkMzAe0bCMM1fQSeoI
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--------------aqzJsNgkMzAe0bCMM1fQSeoI--

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 07:43:43 -0400

--===============7526076412546369900==

--0000000000000e153105fe8e2b43

Although one may be difficult to find there is no substitute for a spare
gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this job.
The spare shaft is used to align all the internals then, using my special
tool to hold the pump plunger retracted
https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installation-tool/
 it is a simple task to lower the overdrive onto the gearbox.

M

On Mon., Jun. 19, 2023, 11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> 'drift' to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end and lower the
> gearbox onto it; gently rotating the gearbox while lowering. First time I
> did this I must have got lucky, but danged if I can explain this (see
> attached photo). Most recently I fought for a couple days then threw in the
> towel and took gearbox and O/D to BCS which, fortunately, is only a
> half-hour away. David and his mechanics had a novel technique I've not
> heard described anywhere; basically, he removed the pump completely--it's
> only two screws IIRC--and split the O/D into front and rear sections and
> tipped the gearbox and O/D up--gearbox on bottom--then had two of his
> mechanics pull the sections together with huge channellock pliers while
> David rotated the output shaft to 'feel it in' (you had to be there).
>
> replace a few internal trans parts which was done & we did not run into any
> roller has been fully retracted. What are we bumping up against & how do we
> get past it?
> Gary Hodson
>
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--0000000000000e153105fe8e2b43
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Although one may be difficult to find there is no substit=
ute for a spare gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this job.<div dir=3D"auto">The=
 spare shaft is used to align all the internals then, using my special tool=
 to hold the pump plunger retracted</div><div dir=3D"auto"><a href=3D"https=
://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installation-too=
l/">https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-install=
ation-tool/</a></div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0it is a simple task to lower t=
he overdrive onto the gearbox.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div =
dir=3D"auto">M</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" c=
lass=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon., Jun. 19, 2023, 11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br=
></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-=
left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    There is a bronze thrust washer that has to be perfectly centered to
    get that last 3/4&quot; (#148 in this diagram):<br>
    <br>
    <a href=3D"https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8" =
target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdri=
ve-unit-bn2-thru-bj8</a><br>
    <br>
    You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use a suitable
    &#39;drift&#39; to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end an=
d
    lower the gearbox onto it; gently rotating the gearbox while
    lowering. First time I did this I must have got lucky, but danged if
    I can explain this (see attached photo). Most recently I fought for
    a couple days then threw in the towel and took gearbox and O/D to
    BCS which, fortunately, is only a half-hour away. David and his
    mechanics had a novel technique I&#39;ve not heard described anywhere;
    basically, he removed the pump completely--it&#39;s only two screws
    IIRC--and split the O/D into front and rear sections and tipped the
    gearbox and O/D up--gearbox on bottom--then had two of his mechanics
    pull the sections together with huge channellock pliers while David
    rotated the output shaft to &#39;feel it in&#39; (you had to be there).=
<br>
    <br>
    Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump cam oriented
    correctly, or you&#39;ll get more experience with this process than you
    probably want.<br>
    <br>
    bs<br>
    <br>
    <div>On 6/19/2023 6:18 PM, warthodson--- via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div style=3D"font-family:Comic Sans MS,sans-serif;font-size:16px">
        <div dir=3D"ltr">I spent the day assisting a
          friend trying to mate his OD to his transmission. The car is a
          &#39;63 BJ7. The overdrive &amp; Trans. were pulled to replace a
          few internal trans parts which was done &amp; we did not run
          into any issues. We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4&quot=
;
          of mating to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We have
          confirmed that the oil pump roller has been fully retracted.
          What are we bumping up against &amp; how do we get past it?</div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr">Gary Hodson</div>
      </div>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferr=
er">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/heal=
eys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><b=
r>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000000e153105fe8e2b43--

--===============7526076412546369900==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7526076412546369900==--

---

From: warthodson--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 14:13:41 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5543213967907533944==
	boundary="----=_Part_1876631_480568507.1687270421942"

------=_Part_1876631_480568507.1687270421942
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 Michael,We do have a spare trans output shaft & we have watched your video=
 & made a wire tool to retract the pump plunger. We have verified that the =
plunger is fully retracted & the splines are aligned. The spare shaft goes =
in about 1/2" (all the way in) further than the one that came out of the ca=
r.=C2=A0Gary
    On Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at 07:12:20 AM CDT, Michael Salter <michaelsa=
[email-masked]> wrote: =20
=20
 Although one may be difficult to find there is no substitute for a spare g=
earbox 3rd motion shaft for this job.The spare shaft is used to align all t=
he internals then, using my special tool to hold the pump plunger retracted=
https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installatio=
n-tool/=C2=A0it is a simple task to lower the overdrive onto the gearbox.=
=C2=A0
M
On Mon., Jun. 19, 2023, 11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, <[email-masked]> wrot=
e:

  There is a bronze thrust washer that has to be perfectly centered to get =
that last 3/4" (#148 in this diagram):
=20
 https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8
=20
 You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use a suitable 'drift=
' to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end and lower the gearbo=
x onto it; gently rotating the gearbox while lowering. First time I did thi=
s I must have got lucky, but danged if I can explain this (see attached pho=
to). Most recently I fought for a couple days then threw in the towel and t=
ook gearbox and O/D to BCS which, fortunately, is only a half-hour away. Da=
vid and his mechanics had a novel technique I've not heard described anywhe=
re; basically, he removed the pump completely--it's only two screws IIRC--a=
nd split the O/D into front and rear sections and tipped the gearbox and O/=
D up--gearbox on bottom--then had two of his mechanics pull the sections to=
gether with huge channellock pliers while David rotated the output shaft to=
 'feel it in' (you had to be there).
=20
 Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump cam oriented correctly, or y=
ou'll get more experience with this process than you probably want.
=20
 bs
=20
 On 6/19/2023 6:18 PM, warthodson--- via Healeys wrote:
 =20
  I spent the day assisting a friend trying to mate his OD to his transmiss=
ion. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive & Trans. were pulled to replace a =
few internal trans parts which was done & we did not run into any issues. W=
e can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4" of mating to the trans, but can=
not close that gap. We have confirmed that the oil pump roller has been ful=
ly retracted. What are we bumping up against & how do we get past it? Gary =
Hodson =20
=20
=20
 _______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e/healeys

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e/healeys

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

 =20
------=_Part_1876631_480568507.1687270421942
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div class=3D"ydp497b91c3yahoo-style-wrap" style=
=3D"font-family:Comic Sans MS, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"><div></div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Michael,</div><div dir=3D"lt=
r" data-setdir=3D"false">We do have a spare trans output shaft &amp; we hav=
e watched your video &amp; made a wire tool to retract the pump plunger. We=
 have verified that the plunger is fully retracted &amp; the splines are al=
igned. The spare shaft goes in about 1/2" (all the way in) further than the=
 one that came out of the car.&nbsp;</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"f=
alse">Gary</div><div><br></div>
       =20
        </div><div id=3D"ydpd0cdbba8yahoo_quoted_7574282779" class=3D"ydpd0=
cdbba8yahoo_quoted">
            <div style=3D"font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, s=
ans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
               =20
                <div>
                    On Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at 07:12:20 AM CDT, Michael S=
alter &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:
                </div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><div id=3D"ydpd0cdbba8yiv8503291482"><div><div>Althoug=
h one may be difficult to find there is no substitute for a spare gearbox 3=
rd motion shaft for this job.<div>The spare shaft is used to align all the =
internals then, using my special tool to hold the pump plunger retracted</d=
iv><div><a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de=
-normanville-overdrive-installation-tool/" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blan=
k">https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installa=
tion-tool/</a></div><div>&nbsp;it is a simple task to lower the overdrive o=
nto the gearbox.&nbsp;</div><div><br clear=3D"none"></div><div>M</div></div=
><br clear=3D"none"><div class=3D"ydpd0cdbba8yiv8503291482gmail_quote"><div=
 id=3D"ydpd0cdbba8yiv8503291482yqt62544" class=3D"ydpd0cdbba8yiv8503291482y=
qt3152633389"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"ydpd0cdbba8yiv8503291482gmail_attr"=
>On Mon., Jun. 19, 2023, 11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a shape=3D"rect" href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">bspidel=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br clear=3D"none"></div><blockquote style=3D"m=
argin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;" class=3D"ydp=
d0cdbba8yiv8503291482gmail_quote">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    There is a bronze thrust washer that has to be perfectly centered to
    get that last 3/4" (#148 in this diagram):<br clear=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit=
-bn2-thru-bj8" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">https://mossmotors.com/ah=
y-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8</a><br clear=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use a suitable
    'drift' to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end and
    lower the gearbox onto it; gently rotating the gearbox while
    lowering. First time I did this I must have got lucky, but danged if
    I can explain this (see attached photo). Most recently I fought for
    a couple days then threw in the towel and took gearbox and O/D to
    BCS which, fortunately, is only a half-hour away. David and his
    mechanics had a novel technique I've not heard described anywhere;
    basically, he removed the pump completely--it's only two screws
    IIRC--and split the O/D into front and rear sections and tipped the
    gearbox and O/D up--gearbox on bottom--then had two of his mechanics
    pull the sections together with huge channellock pliers while David
    rotated the output shaft to 'feel it in' (you had to be there).<br clea=
r=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump cam oriented
    correctly, or you'll get more experience with this process than you
    probably want.<br clear=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    bs<br clear=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    <div>On 6/19/2023 6:18 PM, warthodson--- via
      Healeys wrote:<br clear=3D"none">
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div style=3D"font-family:Comic Sans MS, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">
        <div dir=3D"ltr">I spent the day assisting a
          friend trying to mate his OD to his transmission. The car is a
          '63 BJ7. The overdrive &amp; Trans. were pulled to replace a
          few internal trans parts which was done &amp; we did not run
          into any issues. We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4"
          of mating to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We have
          confirmed that the oil pump roller has been fully retracted.
          What are we bumping up against &amp; how do we get past it?</div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr">Gary Hodson</div>
      </div>
      <br clear=3D"none">
    </blockquote>
    <br clear=3D"none">
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br clear=3D"none">
 rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br =
clear=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none">
Archive: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" r=
el=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>=
 <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"no=
follow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br clea=
r=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none">
<a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofollow" t=
arget=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br clear=3D"none">
<a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" r=
el=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/he=
aleys</a><br clear=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none">
/options/healeys/[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a>=
<br clear=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none">
</blockquote></div></div>
</div></div><div class=3D"ydpd0cdbba8yqt3152633389" id=3D"ydpd0cdbba8yqt197=
73">_______________________________________________<br clear=3D"none">Suppo=
rt Team.Net <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=
=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br clea=
r=3D"none">Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br clear=3D"none"><br cle=
ar=3D"none">Archive: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermai=
l/healeys" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail=
/healeys</a> <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healey=
s" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys=
</a><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none"><a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"mailto:=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
am.net</a><br clear=3D"none"><a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.ne=
t/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none"=
>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailma=
n/options/healeys/[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br clear=
=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none"></div></div>
            </div>
        </div></body></html>
------=_Part_1876631_480568507.1687270421942--

--===============5543213967907533944==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5543213967907533944==--

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 10:52:30 -0400

--===============4266622226126888532==

--00000000000097834b05fe90cd1b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Well that's a new one on me Bob. I have installed dozens of overdrive units
and never encountered that problem.
Obviously it would tend to indicate some kind of dimensional difference
between the 2 gearbox shafts but I'm sure that you would have checked that.
Please let me know if you find out what the problem is.

M

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 10:15=E2=80=AFAM [email-masked] <warthodson@aol=
.com>
wrote:

> Michael,
> We do have a spare trans output shaft & we have watched your video & made
> a wire tool to retract the pump plunger. We have verified that the plunge=
r
> is fully retracted & the splines are aligned. The spare shaft goes in abo=
ut
> 1/2" (all the way in) further than the one that came out of the car.
> Gary
>
> On Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at 07:12:20 AM CDT, Michael Salter <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
> https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installat=
ion-tool/
> 'drift' to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end and lower th=
e
> attached photo). Most recently I fought for a couple days then threw in t=
he
ny
we
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--00000000000097834b05fe90cd1b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:arial,sa=
ns-serif;font-size:small">Well that&#39;s a new one on me Bob. I have insta=
lled dozens of overdrive units and never encountered that problem.</div><di=
v class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:s=
mall">Obviously it would tend to indicate some kind of dimensional differen=
ce between the 2 gearbox shafts but I&#39;m sure that you would have checke=
d that. <br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:arial,s=
ans-serif;font-size:small">Please let me know if you find out what the prob=
lem is.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:arial,sans-s=
erif;font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-=
family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small">M<br></div><div class=3D"gmail_def=
ault" style=3D"font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br></div></di=
v><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On T=
ue, Jun 20, 2023 at 10:15=E2=80=AFAM <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">=
[email-masked]</a> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">warthodson=
@aol.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D=
"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-le=
ft:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-family:Comic Sans MS,sans-serif;font-size:1=
6px"><div></div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr">Michael,</div><div dir=3D"ltr">We do have a spare =
trans output shaft &amp; we have watched your video &amp; made a wire tool =
to retract the pump plunger. We have verified that the plunger is fully ret=
racted &amp; the splines are aligned. The spare shaft goes in about 1/2&quo=
t; (all the way in) further than the one that came out of the car.=C2=A0</d=
iv><div dir=3D"ltr">Gary</div><div><br></div>
       =20
        </div><div id=3D"m_5526164326890697486ydpd0cdbba8yahoo_quoted_75742=
82779">
            <div style=3D"font-family:&quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;,Helvetica,=
Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(38,40,42)">
               =20
                <div>
                    On Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at 07:12:20 AM CDT, Michael S=
alter &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">mich=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:
                </div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><div id=3D"m_5526164326890697486ydpd0cdbba8yiv85032914=
82"><div><div>Although one may be difficult to find there is no substitute =
for a spare gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this job.<div>The spare shaft is u=
sed to align all the internals then, using my special tool to hold the pump=
 plunger retracted</div><div><a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"https://precisionspo=
rtscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installation-tool/" rel=3D"nofo=
llow" target=3D"_blank">https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanvil=
le-overdrive-installation-tool/</a></div><div>=C2=A0it is a simple task to =
lower the overdrive onto the gearbox.=C2=A0</div><div><br clear=3D"none"></=
div><div>M</div></div><br clear=3D"none"><div><div id=3D"m_5526164326890697=
486ydpd0cdbba8yiv8503291482yqt62544"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Mon., Jun. 19, 202=
3, 11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"mailto:bspidell@co=
mcast.net" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br clear=3D"none"></div><blockquote style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8e=
x;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    There is a bronze thrust washer that has to be perfectly centered to
    get that last 3/4&quot; (#148 in this diagram):<br clear=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit=
-bn2-thru-bj8" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">https://mossmotors.com/ah=
y-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8</a><br clear=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use a suitable
    &#39;drift&#39; to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end an=
d
    lower the gearbox onto it; gently rotating the gearbox while
    lowering. First time I did this I must have got lucky, but danged if
    I can explain this (see attached photo). Most recently I fought for
    a couple days then threw in the towel and took gearbox and O/D to
    BCS which, fortunately, is only a half-hour away. David and his
    mechanics had a novel technique I&#39;ve not heard described anywhere;
    basically, he removed the pump completely--it&#39;s only two screws
    IIRC--and split the O/D into front and rear sections and tipped the
    gearbox and O/D up--gearbox on bottom--then had two of his mechanics
    pull the sections together with huge channellock pliers while David
    rotated the output shaft to &#39;feel it in&#39; (you had to be there).=
<br clear=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump cam oriented
    correctly, or you&#39;ll get more experience with this process than you
    probably want.<br clear=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    bs<br clear=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    <div>On 6/19/2023 6:18 PM, warthodson--- via
      Healeys wrote:<br clear=3D"none">
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div style=3D"font-family:Comic Sans MS,sans-serif;font-size:16px">
        <div dir=3D"ltr">I spent the day assisting a
          friend trying to mate his OD to his transmission. The car is a
          &#39;63 BJ7. The overdrive &amp; Trans. were pulled to replace a
          few internal trans parts which was done &amp; we did not run
          into any issues. We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4&quot=
;
          of mating to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We have
          confirmed that the oil pump roller has been fully retracted.
          What are we bumping up against &amp; how do we get past it?</div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr">Gary Hodson</div>
      </div>
      <br clear=3D"none">
    </blockquote>
    <br clear=3D"none">
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br clear=3D"none">
 rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br =
clear=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none">
Archive: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" r=
el=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>=
 <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"no=
follow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br clea=
r=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none">
<a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofollow" t=
arget=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br clear=3D"none">
<a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" r=
el=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/he=
aleys</a><br clear=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none">
/options/healeys/[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a>=
<br clear=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none">
</blockquote></div></div>
</div></div><div id=3D"m_5526164326890697486ydpd0cdbba8yqt19773">__________=
_____________________________________<br clear=3D"none">Support Team.Net <a=
 shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=3D"nofollow" t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br clear=3D"none">Sugg=
ested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75<br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">Arc=
hive: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=
=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"nofo=
llow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br clear=
=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none"><a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"mailto:Healeys@autox=
.team.net" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br=
 clear=3D"none"><a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/lis=
tinfo/healeys" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mai=
lman/listinfo/healeys</a><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">Unsubscribe/=
Manage: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/hea=
leys/[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br clear=3D"none"><br=
 clear=3D"none"></div></div>
            </div>
        </div></div></blockquote></div>

--00000000000097834b05fe90cd1b--

--===============4266622226126888532==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4266622226126888532==--

---

From: Roger Grace <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 08:42:40 -0700

--===============3517863310223521779==

--0000000000002c622e05fe9181cf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

A few minor corrections ...
Yes MS is correct there is simply no substitute for having a spare shaft -
I try to say goodnight to mine every evening !
I have made his special tool and can confirm it does work.
However it does imply that the OD is open between the adaptor flange and
the OD.
I also use the wire/twine technique.

Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place by the 2 screws. It is
an interference fit and needs to be pulled out with a 7/16 - 20 bolt -
actually a couple of varying lengths makes it easier. Also a selection of
large washers and spacers are required. To ensure that it does not twist on
you you need some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace the shorter
ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be removed and this in turn implies
that the hydraulic cover and large accumulator spring is out. Furthermore
the pump has to be fitted in the correct orientation. I try to make a mark
but easy to get it wrong if lying on your back. Damage can be done
inserting it the wrong way around.

Nowadays I find it easier to assemble the complete OD with the adapter
plate already fitted to the OD. You then don't have to fight with the
release springs as well as gasket goo and the oil pump spring retention all
together. Then use the dummy to do the bl alignment after some careful
threading to pull back the pump spring. I have used this a few times
lowering onto the GB and also even on its side. Patience !
rg

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 5:03=E2=80=AFAM Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail=
.com>

ion-tool/
>> 'drift' to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end and lower t=
he
>> gearbox onto it; gently rotating the gearbox while lowering. First time =
I
>> attached photo). Most recently I fought for a couple days then threw in =
the
>> heard described anywhere; basically, he removed the pump completely--it'=
s
>> transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive & Trans. were pulled t=
o
>> replace a few internal trans parts which was done & we did not run into =
any
>> roller has been fully retracted. What are we bumping up against & how do=
 we
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--0000000000002c622e05fe9181cf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>A few minor corrections ...</div><div>Yes MS is corre=
ct there is simply no substitute for having a spare shaft - I try to say go=
odnight to mine every evening !</div><div>I have made his special tool and =
can confirm it does work.</div><div>However it does imply that the OD is op=
en between the adaptor flange and the OD.</div><div>I also use the wire/twi=
ne technique.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Now the oil pump. This is not si=
mply held in place by the 2 screws. It is an interference fit and needs to =
be pulled out with a 7/16 - 20 bolt - actually a couple of varying lengths =
makes it easier. Also a selection of large washers and spacers are required=
. To ensure that it does not twist on you you need some longer about 1/12 i=
n 8-32 screws that replace the shorter ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MU=
ST be removed and this in turn implies that the hydraulic cover and large a=
ccumulator spring is out. Furthermore the pump has to be fitted in the corr=
ect orientation. I try to make a mark but easy to get it wrong if lying on =
your back. Damage can be done inserting it the wrong way around.</div><div>=
<br></div><div>Nowadays I find it easier to assemble the complete OD with t=
he adapter plate already fitted to the OD. You then don&#39;t have to fight=
 with the release springs as well as gasket goo and the oil pump spring ret=
ention all together. Then use the dummy to do the bl alignment after some c=
areful threading to pull back the pump spring. I have used this a few times=
 lowering onto the GB and also even on its side. Patience !<br></div><div>r=
g<br></div><div><br></div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"=
ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 5:03=E2=80=AFAM Michael S=
alter &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
m</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin=
:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"=
><div dir=3D"auto">Although one may be difficult to find there is no substi=
tute for a spare gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this job.<div dir=3D"auto">Th=
e spare shaft is used to align all the internals then, using my special too=
l to hold the pump plunger retracted</div><div dir=3D"auto"><a href=3D"http=
s://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installation-to=
ol/" target=3D"_blank">https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanvill=
e-overdrive-installation-tool/</a></div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0it is a sim=
ple task to lower the overdrive onto the gearbox.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"au=
to"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">M</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"=
><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon., Jun. 19, 2023, 11:41 p.m. B=
ob Spidell, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">b=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quot=
e" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204)=
;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdri=

<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_bla=
nk">[email-masked]</a><br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000002c622e05fe9181cf--

--===============3517863310223521779==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3517863310223521779==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 08:47:28 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6266793679797128042==
 boundary="------------AL2ypdEFIk5TBByOu0uEwwmB"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------AL2ypdEFIk5TBByOu0uEwwmB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

re: "Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place by the 2 screws. 
It is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out with a 7/16 - 20 
bolt - actually a couple of varying lengths makes it easier. Also a 
selection of large washers and spacers are required. To ensure that it 
does not twist on you you need some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws 
that replace the shorter ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be 
removed and this in turn implies that the hydraulic cover and large 
accumulator spring is out. Furthermore the pump has to be fitted in the 
correct orientation. I try to make a mark but easy to get it wrong if 
lying on your back. Damage can be done inserting it the wrong way around."

Roger,

Thanks for the correction. I watched the process from a distance so 
missed many of the details (plus, it was 6-7 years ago).

Bob

On 6/20/2023 8:42 AM, Roger Grace wrote:
> Yes MS is correct there is simply no substitute for having a spare 
> shaft - I try to say goodnight to mine every evening !
> However it does imply that the OD is open between the adaptor flange 
> and the OD.
> Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place by the 2 screws. It 
> is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out with a 7/16 - 20 
> bolt - actually a couple of varying lengths makes it easier. Also a 
> selection of large washers and spacers are required. To ensure that it 
> does not twist on you you need some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws 
> that replace the shorter ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be 
> removed and this in turn implies that the hydraulic cover and large 
> accumulator spring is out. Furthermore the pump has to be fitted in 
> the correct orientation. I try to make a mark but easy to get it wrong 
> if lying on your back. Damage can be done inserting it the wrong way 
> around.
>
> release springs as well as gasket goo and the oil pump spring 
> retention all together. Then use the dummy to do the bl alignment 
> after some careful threading to pull back the pump spring. I have used 
> this a few times lowering onto the GB and also even on its side. 
> Patience !
> rg
>
>
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 5:03 AM Michael Salter 
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>     Although one may be difficult to find there is no substitute for a
>     spare gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this job.
>     The spare shaft is used to align all the internals then, using my
>     special tool to hold the pump plunger retracted
>     On Mon., Jun. 19, 2023, 11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell,
>     <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>         There is a bronze thrust washer that has to be perfectly
>         centered to get that last 3/4" (#148 in this diagram):
>
>         You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use a
>         suitable 'drift' to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D
>         on end and lower the gearbox onto it; gently rotating the
>         gearbox while lowering. First time I did this I must have got
>         lucky, but danged if I can explain this (see attached photo).
>         Most recently I fought for a couple days then threw in the
>         towel and took gearbox and O/D to BCS which, fortunately, is
>         only a half-hour away. David and his mechanics had a novel
>         technique I've not heard described anywhere; basically, he
>         removed the pump completely--it's only two screws IIRC--and
>         split the O/D into front and rear sections and tipped the
>         gearbox and O/D up--gearbox on bottom--then had two of his
>         mechanics pull the sections together with huge channellock
>         pliers while David rotated the output shaft to 'feel it in'
>         (you had to be there).
>
>         correctly, or you'll get more experience with this process
>         than you probably want.
>
>         bs
>
>>         I spent the day assisting a friend trying to mate his OD to
>>         his transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive &
>>         Trans. were pulled to replace a few internal trans parts
>>         which was done & we did not run into any issues. We can get
>>         the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4" of mating to the trans, but
>>         cannot close that gap. We have confirmed that the oil pump
>>         roller has been fully retracted. What are we bumping up

--------------AL2ypdEFIk5TBByOu0uEwwmB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    re: "Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place by the 2
    screws. It is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out with a
    7/16 - 20 bolt - actually a couple of varying lengths makes it
    easier. Also a selection of large washers and spacers are required.
    To ensure that it does not twist on you you need some longer about
    1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace the shorter ones mentioned. Also
    the NR valve MUST be removed and this in turn implies that the
    hydraulic cover and large accumulator spring is out. Furthermore the
    pump has to be fitted in the correct orientation. I try to make a
    mark but easy to get it wrong if lying on your back. Damage can be
    done inserting it the wrong way around."<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    Roger,<br>
    <br>
    Thanks for the correction. I watched the process from a distance so
    missed many of the details (plus, it was 6-7 years ago). <br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/20/2023 8:42 AM, Roger Grace
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div>A few minor corrections ...</div>
        <div>Yes MS is correct there is simply no substitute for having
          a spare shaft - I try to say goodnight to mine every evening !</div>
        <div>I have made his special tool and can confirm it does work.</div>
        <div>However it does imply that the OD is open between the
          adaptor flange and the OD.</div>
        <div>I also use the wire/twine technique.<br>
        </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place by the 2
          screws. It is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out
          with a 7/16 - 20 bolt - actually a couple of varying lengths
          makes it easier. Also a selection of large washers and spacers
          are required. To ensure that it does not twist on you you need
          some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace the shorter
          ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be removed and this in
          turn implies that the hydraulic cover and large accumulator
          spring is out. Furthermore the pump has to be fitted in the
          correct orientation. I try to make a mark but easy to get it
          wrong if lying on your back. Damage can be done inserting it
          the wrong way around.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Nowadays I find it easier to assemble the complete OD with
          the adapter plate already fitted to the OD. You then don't
          have to fight with the release springs as well as gasket goo
          and the oil pump spring retention all together. Then use the
          dummy to do the bl alignment after some careful threading to
          pull back the pump spring. I have used this a few times
          lowering onto the GB and also even on its side. Patience !<br>
        </div>
        <div>rg<br>
        </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at
          5:03 AM Michael Salter &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px
          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div dir="auto">Although one may be difficult to find there is
            no substitute for a spare gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this
            job.
            <div dir="auto">The spare shaft is used to align all the
              internals then, using my special tool to hold the pump
              plunger retracted</div>
            <div dir="auto"><a
href="https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installation-tool/"
                target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installation-tool/</a></div>
            <div dir="auto"> it is a simple task to lower the overdrive
              onto the gearbox. </div>
            <div dir="auto"><br>
            </div>
            <div dir="auto">M</div>
          </div>
          <br>
          <div class="gmail_quote">
            <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Mon., Jun. 19, 2023,
              11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a
                href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
              wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px
              0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
              rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
              <div> There is a bronze thrust washer that has to be
                perfectly centered to get that last 3/4" (#148 in this
                diagram):<br>
                <br>
                <a
                  href="https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8"
                  rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8</a><br>
                <br>
                You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use
                a suitable 'drift' to center it. Your best bet is to sit
                the O/D on end and lower the gearbox onto it; gently
                rotating the gearbox while lowering. First time I did
                this I must have got lucky, but danged if I can explain
                this (see attached photo). Most recently I fought for a
                couple days then threw in the towel and took gearbox and
                O/D to BCS which, fortunately, is only a half-hour away.
                David and his mechanics had a novel technique I've not
                heard described anywhere; basically, he removed the pump
                completely--it's only two screws IIRC--and split the O/D
                into front and rear sections and tipped the gearbox and
                O/D up--gearbox on bottom--then had two of his mechanics
                pull the sections together with huge channellock pliers
                while David rotated the output shaft to 'feel it in'
                (you had to be there).<br>
                <br>
                Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump cam
                oriented correctly, or you'll get more experience with
                this process than you probably want.<br>
                <br>
                bs<br>
                <br>
                <div>On 6/19/2023 6:18 PM, warthodson--- via Healeys
                  wrote:<br>
                </div>
                <blockquote type="cite">
                  <div style="font-family:Comic Sans
                    MS,sans-serif;font-size:16px">
                    <div dir="ltr">I spent the day assisting a friend
                      trying to mate his OD to his transmission. The car
                      is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive &amp; Trans. were
                      pulled to replace a few internal trans parts which
                      was done &amp; we did not run into any issues. We
                      can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4" of
                      mating to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We
                      have confirmed that the oil pump roller has been
                      fully retracted. What are we bumping up against
                      &amp; how do we get past it?</div>
                    <div dir="ltr">Gary Hodson</div>
                  </div>
                  <br>
                </blockquote>
                <br>
              </div>
              _______________________________________________<br>
              Support Team.Net <a
                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel="noreferrer
                noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
              Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
              <br>
              Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
              <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
              <br>
              <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="noreferrer"
                target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
              <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
                rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
              <br>
              Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
              <br>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
          _______________________________________________<br>
          Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
          <br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
          <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
          <br>
          <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
          <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------AL2ypdEFIk5TBByOu0uEwwmB--

--===============6266793679797128042==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6266793679797128042==--

---

From: Michael Salter via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 11:55:08 -0400

--0000000000009f2f4305fe91ad90

--0000000000009f2f4105fe91ad8e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Point of interest  ... there's actually a special tool for removing the
pump.
I think I've only ever used it once!!

On Tue., Jun. 20, 2023, 11:48 a.m. Bob Spidell, <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> It is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out with a 7/16 - 20 bol=
t
> - actually a couple of varying lengths makes it easier. Also a selection =
of
> large washers and spacers are required. To ensure that it does not twist =
on
> you you need some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace the short=
er
> ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be removed and this in turn implie=
s
> the pump has to be fitted in the correct orientation. I try to make a mar=
k
> inserting it the wrong way around."
>
>
> Roger,
>
> Thanks for the correction. I watched the process from a distance so misse=
d
> many of the details (plus, it was 6-7 years ago).
>
> Bob
>
>
> Yes MS is correct there is simply no substitute for having a spare shaft =
-
> large washers and spacers are required. To ensure that it does not twist =
on
> you you need some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace the short=
er
> ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be removed and this in turn implie=
s
> the pump has to be fitted in the correct orientation. I try to make a mar=
k
> release springs as well as gasket goo and the oil pump spring retention a=
ll
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 5:03=E2=80=AFAM Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gma=
il.com>
>> The spare shaft is used to align all the internals then, using my specia=
l
>> https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installa=
tion-tool/
>>> There is a bronze thrust washer that has to be perfectly centered to ge=
t
>>> 'drift' to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end and lower =
the
>>> gearbox onto it; gently rotating the gearbox while lowering. First time=
 I
>>> attached photo). Most recently I fought for a couple days then threw in=
 the
>>> heard described anywhere; basically, he removed the pump completely--it=
's
>>> only two screws IIRC--and split the O/D into front and rear sections an=
d
>>> Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump cam oriented correctly, o=
r
>>> transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive & Trans. were pulled =
to
>>> replace a few internal trans parts which was done & we did not run into=
 any
>>> roller has been fully retracted. What are we bumping up against & how d=
o we
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

--0000000000009f2f4105fe91ad8e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Point of interest=C2=A0 ... there&#39;s actually a specia=
l tool for removing the pump.<div dir=3D"auto">I think I&#39;ve only ever u=
sed it once!!</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div>=
</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">=
On Tue., Jun. 20, 2023, 11:48 a.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bspid=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote c=
lass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;=
padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    re: &quot;Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place by the 2
    screws. It is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out with a
    7/16 - 20 bolt - actually a couple of varying lengths makes it
    easier. Also a selection of large washers and spacers are required.
    To ensure that it does not twist on you you need some longer about
    1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace the shorter ones mentioned. Also
    the NR valve MUST be removed and this in turn implies that the
    hydraulic cover and large accumulator spring is out. Furthermore the
    pump has to be fitted in the correct orientation. I try to make a
    mark but easy to get it wrong if lying on your back. Damage can be
    done inserting it the wrong way around.&quot;<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    Roger,<br>
    <br>
    Thanks for the correction. I watched the process from a distance so
    missed many of the details (plus, it was 6-7 years ago). <br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div>On 6/20/2023 8:42 AM, Roger Grace
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div dir=3D"ltr">
        <div>A few minor corrections ...</div>
        <div>Yes MS is correct there is simply no substitute for having
          a spare shaft - I try to say goodnight to mine every evening !</d=
iv>
        <div>I have made his special tool and can confirm it does work.</di=
v>
        <div>However it does imply that the OD is open between the
          adaptor flange and the OD.</div>
        <div>I also use the wire/twine technique.<br>
        </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place by the 2
          screws. It is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out
          with a 7/16 - 20 bolt - actually a couple of varying lengths
          makes it easier. Also a selection of large washers and spacers
          are required. To ensure that it does not twist on you you need
          some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace the shorter
          ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be removed and this in
          turn implies that the hydraulic cover and large accumulator
          spring is out. Furthermore the pump has to be fitted in the
          correct orientation. I try to make a mark but easy to get it
          wrong if lying on your back. Damage can be done inserting it
          the wrong way around.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Nowadays I find it easier to assemble the complete OD with
          the adapter plate already fitted to the OD. You then don&#39;t
          have to fight with the release springs as well as gasket goo
          and the oil pump spring retention all together. Then use the
          dummy to do the bl alignment after some careful threading to
          pull back the pump spring. I have used this a few times
          lowering onto the GB and also even on its side. Patience !<br>
        </div>
        <div>rg<br>
        </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
        <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at
          5:03=E2=80=AFAM Michael Salter &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:michaelsalte=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</=
a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex=
;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div dir=3D"auto">Although one may be difficult to find there is
            no substitute for a spare gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this
            job.
            <div dir=3D"auto">The spare shaft is used to align all the
              internals then, using my special tool to hold the pump
              plunger retracted</div>
            <div dir=3D"auto"><a href=3D"https://precisionsportscar.com/lay=
cock-de-normanville-overdrive-installation-tool/" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"=
noreferrer">https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive=
-installation-tool/</a></div>
            <div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0it is a simple task to lower the overdr=
ive
              onto the gearbox.=C2=A0</div>
            <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
            </div>
            <div dir=3D"auto">M</div>
          </div>
          <br>
          <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
            <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon., Jun. 19, 2023,
              11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcas=
t.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
              wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0=
.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
              <div> There is a bronze thrust washer that has to be
                perfectly centered to get that last 3/4&quot; (#148 in this
                diagram):<br>
                <br>
                <a href=3D"https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn=
2-thru-bj8" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://mossmot=
ors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8</a><br>
                <br>
                You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use
                a suitable &#39;drift&#39; to center it. Your best bet is t=
o sit
                the O/D on end and lower the gearbox onto it; gently
                rotating the gearbox while lowering. First time I did
                this I must have got lucky, but danged if I can explain
                this (see attached photo). Most recently I fought for a
                couple days then threw in the towel and took gearbox and
                O/D to BCS which, fortunately, is only a half-hour away.
                David and his mechanics had a novel technique I&#39;ve not
                heard described anywhere; basically, he removed the pump
                completely--it&#39;s only two screws IIRC--and split the O/=
D
                into front and rear sections and tipped the gearbox and
                O/D up--gearbox on bottom--then had two of his mechanics
                pull the sections together with huge channellock pliers
                while David rotated the output shaft to &#39;feel it in&#39=
;
                (you had to be there).<br>
                <br>
                Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump cam
                oriented correctly, or you&#39;ll get more experience with
                this process than you probably want.<br>
                <br>
                bs<br>
                <br>
                <div>On 6/19/2023 6:18 PM, warthodson--- via Healeys
                  wrote:<br>
                </div>
                <blockquote type=3D"cite">
                  <div style=3D"font-family:Comic Sans MS,sans-serif;font-s=
ize:16px">
                    <div dir=3D"ltr">I spent the day assisting a friend
                      trying to mate his OD to his transmission. The car
                      is a &#39;63 BJ7. The overdrive &amp; Trans. were
                      pulled to replace a few internal trans parts which
                      was done &amp; we did not run into any issues. We
                      can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4&quot; of
                      mating to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We
                      have confirmed that the oil pump roller has been
                      fully retracted. What are we bumping up against
                      &amp; how do we get past it?</div>
                    <div dir=3D"ltr">Gary Hodson</div>
                  </div>
                  <br>
                </blockquote>
                <br>
              </div>
              _______________________________________________<br>
              Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
rel=3D"noreferrer
                noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.ne=
t/donate.html</a><br>
              Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75<br>
              <br>
              Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" re=
l=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.ne=
t/pipermail/healeys</a>
              <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"nore=
ferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archi=
ve/healeys</a><br>
              <br>
              <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer n=
oreferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>
              <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" re=
l=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
              <br>
              Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
options/healeys/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noref=
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/mich=
[email-masked]</a><br>
              <br>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
          _______________________________________________<br>
          Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=
=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.htm=
l</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75<br>
          <br>
          Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D=
"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/hea=
leys</a>
          <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferr=
er noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><=
br>
          <br>
          <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=
=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a><br>
          <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D=
"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/lis=
tinfo/healeys</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/opti=
ons/healeys/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><b=
r>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

</blockquote></div>

--0000000000009f2f4105fe91ad8e--

--0000000000009f2f4305fe91ad90
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="20230620_115323.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <188d98441b346a9e6e1>

--0000000000009f2f4305fe91ad90
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--0000000000009f2f4305fe91ad90--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 09:11:19 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5087997926399975753==
 boundary="------------u4vYaP0RPEaZfc3Dxp7RhazB"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------u4vYaP0RPEaZfc3Dxp7RhazB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Reminds me ... Decades ago, there was a 'meme'--before memes were a 
thing--consisting of an image of all the 'special tools' BMC insisted a 
mechanic needed to work on their cars. There was a picture of every 
tool, next to an 'equal' sign and ... a hammer. I had a copy of it, 
always good for a chuckle, but that computer was stolen; anyone still 
have it?

On 6/20/2023 8:55 AM, Michael Salter wrote:
> Point of interest  ... there's actually a special tool for removing 
> the pump.
>     screws. It is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out with
>     a 7/16 - 20 bolt - actually a couple of varying lengths makes it
>     easier. Also a selection of large washers and spacers are
>     required. To ensure that it does not twist on you you need some
>     longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace the shorter ones
>     mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be removed and this in turn
>     implies that the hydraulic cover and large accumulator spring is
>     out. Furthermore the pump has to be fitted in the correct
>     orientation. I try to make a mark but easy to get it wrong if
>     Thanks for the correction. I watched the process from a distance
>     so missed many of the details (plus, it was 6-7 years ago).
>
>     Bob
>
>
>>     Yes MS is correct there is simply no substitute for having a
>>     spare shaft - I try to say goodnight to mine every evening !
>>     However it does imply that the OD is open between the adaptor
>>     flange and the OD.
>>     Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place by the 2
>>     screws. It is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out with
>>     a 7/16 - 20 bolt - actually a couple of varying lengths makes it
>>     easier. Also a selection of large washers and spacers are
>>     required. To ensure that it does not twist on you you need some
>>     longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace the shorter ones
>>     mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be removed and this in turn
>>     implies that the hydraulic cover and large accumulator spring is
>>     out. Furthermore the pump has to be fitted in the correct
>>     orientation. I try to make a mark but easy to get it wrong if
>>     lying on your back. Damage can be done inserting it the wrong way
>>     around.
>>
>>     Nowadays I find it easier to assemble the complete OD with the
>>     adapter plate already fitted to the OD. You then don't have to
>>     fight with the release springs as well as gasket goo and the oil
>>     pump spring retention all together. Then use the dummy to do the
>>     bl alignment after some careful threading to pull back the pump
>>     spring. I have used this a few times lowering onto the GB and
>>     also even on its side. Patience !
>>     rg
>>
>>
>>         Although one may be difficult to find there is no substitute
>>         for a spare gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this job.
>>         The spare shaft is used to align all the internals then,
>>         using my special tool to hold the pump plunger retracted
>>             while David rotated the output shaft to 'feel it in' (you
>>             had to be there).
>>
>>             this process than you probably want.
>>
>>             bs
>>
>>>             I spent the day assisting a friend trying to mate his OD
>>>             to his transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive
>>>             & Trans. were pulled to replace a few internal trans
>>>             parts which was done & we did not run into any issues.
>>>             We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4" of mating
>>>             to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We have
>>>             confirmed that the oil pump roller has been fully
>>>             retracted. What are we bumping up against & how do we
>>>             get past it?
>>>             Gary Hodson
>>>
>>

--------------u4vYaP0RPEaZfc3Dxp7RhazB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Reminds me ... Decades ago, there was a 'meme'--before memes were a
    thing--consisting of an image of all the 'special tools' BMC
    insisted a mechanic needed to work on their cars. There was a
    picture of every tool, next to an 'equal' sign and ... a hammer. I
    had a copy of it, always good for a chuckle, but that computer was
    stolen; anyone still have it?<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/20/2023 8:55 AM, Michael Salter
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAB3i7LLfUKkRsJszvT=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">Point of interest  ... there's actually a special
        tool for removing the pump.
        <div dir="auto">I think I've only ever used it once!!</div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue., Jun. 20, 2023, 11:48
          a.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
          <div> re: "Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place
            by the 2 screws. It is an interference fit and needs to be
            pulled out with a 7/16 - 20 bolt - actually a couple of
            varying lengths makes it easier. Also a selection of large
            washers and spacers are required. To ensure that it does not
            twist on you you need some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws
            that replace the shorter ones mentioned. Also the NR valve
            MUST be removed and this in turn implies that the hydraulic
            cover and large accumulator spring is out. Furthermore the
            pump has to be fitted in the correct orientation. I try to
            make a mark but easy to get it wrong if lying on your back.
            Damage can be done inserting it the wrong way around."<br>
            <br>
            <br>
            Roger,<br>
            <br>
            Thanks for the correction. I watched the process from a
            distance so missed many of the details (plus, it was 6-7
            years ago). <br>
            <br>
            Bob<br>
            <br>
            <br>
            <div>On 6/20/2023 8:42 AM, Roger Grace wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type="cite">
              <div dir="ltr">
                <div>A few minor corrections ...</div>
                <div>Yes MS is correct there is simply no substitute for
                  having a spare shaft - I try to say goodnight to mine
                  every evening !</div>
                <div>I have made his special tool and can confirm it
                  does work.</div>
                <div>However it does imply that the OD is open between
                  the adaptor flange and the OD.</div>
                <div>I also use the wire/twine technique.<br>
                </div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div>Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place
                  by the 2 screws. It is an interference fit and needs
                  to be pulled out with a 7/16 - 20 bolt - actually a
                  couple of varying lengths makes it easier. Also a
                  selection of large washers and spacers are required.
                  To ensure that it does not twist on you you need some
                  longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace the
                  shorter ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be
                  removed and this in turn implies that the hydraulic
                  cover and large accumulator spring is out. Furthermore
                  the pump has to be fitted in the correct orientation.
                  I try to make a mark but easy to get it wrong if lying
                  on your back. Damage can be done inserting it the
                  wrong way around.</div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div>Nowadays I find it easier to assemble the complete
                  OD with the adapter plate already fitted to the OD.
                  You then don't have to fight with the release springs
                  as well as gasket goo and the oil pump spring
                  retention all together. Then use the dummy to do the
                  bl alignment after some careful threading to pull back
                  the pump spring. I have used this a few times lowering
                  onto the GB and also even on its side. Patience !<br>
                </div>
                <div>rg<br>
                </div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
              </div>
              <br>
              <div class="gmail_quote">
                <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Jun 20, 2023
                  at 5:03 AM Michael Salter &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br>
                </div>
                <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px
                  0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                  rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                  <div dir="auto">Although one may be difficult to find
                    there is no substitute for a spare gearbox 3rd
                    motion shaft for this job.
                    <div dir="auto">The spare shaft is used to align all
                      the internals then, using my special tool to hold
                      the pump plunger retracted</div>
                    <div dir="auto"><a
href="https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installation-tool/"
                        target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-installation-tool/</a></div>
                    <div dir="auto"> it is a simple task to lower the
                      overdrive onto the gearbox. </div>
                    <div dir="auto"><br>
                    </div>
                    <div dir="auto">M</div>
                  </div>
                  <br>
                  <div class="gmail_quote">
                    <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Mon., Jun. 19,
                      2023, 11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                      wrote:<br>
                    </div>
                    <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px
                      0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                      rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                      <div> There is a bronze thrust washer that has to
                        be perfectly centered to get that last 3/4"
                        (#148 in this diagram):<br>
                        <br>
                        <a
                          href="https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8"
                          rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                          moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8</a><br>
                        <br>
                        You can wiggle it around with a long
                        screwdriver, or use a suitable 'drift' to center
                        it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end and
                        lower the gearbox onto it; gently rotating the
                        gearbox while lowering. First time I did this I
                        must have got lucky, but danged if I can explain
                        this (see attached photo). Most recently I
                        fought for a couple days then threw in the towel
                        and took gearbox and O/D to BCS which,
                        fortunately, is only a half-hour away. David and
                        his mechanics had a novel technique I've not
                        heard described anywhere; basically, he removed
                        the pump completely--it's only two screws
                        IIRC--and split the O/D into front and rear
                        sections and tipped the gearbox and O/D
                        up--gearbox on bottom--then had two of his
                        mechanics pull the sections together with huge
                        channellock pliers while David rotated the
                        output shaft to 'feel it in' (you had to be
                        there).<br>
                        <br>
                        Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump
                        cam oriented correctly, or you'll get more
                        experience with this process than you probably
                        want.<br>
                        <br>
                        bs<br>
                        <br>
                        <div>On 6/19/2023 6:18 PM, warthodson--- via
                          Healeys wrote:<br>
                        </div>
                        <blockquote type="cite">
                          <div style="font-family:Comic Sans
                            MS,sans-serif;font-size:16px">
                            <div dir="ltr">I spent the day assisting a
                              friend trying to mate his OD to his
                              transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The
                              overdrive &amp; Trans. were pulled to
                              replace a few internal trans parts which
                              was done &amp; we did not run into any
                              issues. We can get the OD to within
                              approx. 1/2-3/4" of mating to the trans,
                              but cannot close that gap. We have
                              confirmed that the oil pump roller has
                              been fully retracted. What are we bumping
                              up against &amp; how do we get past it?</div>
                            <div dir="ltr">Gary Hodson</div>
                          </div>
                          <br>
                        </blockquote>
                        <br>
                      </div>
                      _______________________________________________<br>
                      Support Team.Net <a
                        href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                      Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                      <br>
                      Archive: <a
                        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
                      <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                      <br>
                      <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
                      <a
                        href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                      <br>
                      Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                      <br>
                    </blockquote>
                  </div>
                  _______________________________________________<br>
                  Support Team.Net <a
                    href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                    rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                  Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                  <br>
                  Archive: <a
                    href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                    rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
                  <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                    rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                  <br>
                  <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
                  <a
                    href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
                    rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                  <br>
                  Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                    href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                    rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                  <br>
                </blockquote>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
            <br>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------u4vYaP0RPEaZfc3Dxp7RhazB--

--===============5087997926399975753==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5087997926399975753==--

---

From: BJ8Healeys via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 14:26:44 -0400 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00AB_01D9A383.3D5CB770"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00AB_01D9A383.3D5CB770
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00AC_01D9A383.3D5CB770"

------=_NextPart_001_00AC_01D9A383.3D5CB770
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Although not exactly elegant, the attached photo shows the O/D spline =
alignment tool I made.  Worked just fine.   It is pushed in to reach the =
rear set  of splines and turned to line those up with the forward set of =
splines.   When the splines are in alignment, the tool can be pushed =
back and forth to check that both sets are in alignment.

=20

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC  USA

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
Michael Salter
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2023 7:44 AM
To: Bob Spidell
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mating the overdrive to the transmission

=20

Although one may be difficult to find there is no substitute for a spare =
gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this job.

The spare shaft is used to align all the internals then, using my =
special tool to hold the pump plunger retracted

 it is a simple task to lower the overdrive onto the gearbox.=20

=20

M

=20

On Mon., Jun. 19, 2023, 11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, <[email-masked]> =
wrote:

You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use a suitable =
'drift' to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end and lower =
the gearbox onto it; gently rotating the gearbox while lowering. First =
time I did this I must have got lucky, but danged if I can explain this =
(see attached photo). Most recently I fought for a couple days then =
threw in the towel and took gearbox and O/D to BCS which, fortunately, =
is only a half-hour away. David and his mechanics had a novel technique =
I've not heard described anywhere; basically, he removed the pump =
completely--it's only two screws IIRC--and split the O/D into front and =
rear sections and tipped the gearbox and O/D up--gearbox on bottom--then =
had two of his mechanics pull the sections together with huge =
channellock pliers while David rotated the output shaft to 'feel it in' =
(you had to be there).

Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump cam oriented correctly, or =
you'll get more experience with this process than you probably want.

bs

I spent the day assisting a friend trying to mate his OD to his =
transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive & Trans. were pulled =
to replace a few internal trans parts which was done & we did not run =
into any issues. We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4" of mating =
to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We have confirmed that the oil =
pump roller has been fully retracted. What are we bumping up against & =
how do we get past it?

Gary Hodson

=20

=20

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys =
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_001_00AC_01D9A383.3D5CB770
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
<meta http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8">
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)">
<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
  <o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
 </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'>Although not exactly elegant, the attached photo shows =
the O/D
spline alignment tool I made.=C2=A0 Worked just fine.=C2=A0 =C2=A0It is =
pushed in to reach the
rear set=C2=A0 of splines and turned to line those up with the forward =
set of
splines.=C2=A0=C2=A0 When the splines are in alignment, the tool can be =
pushed back and
forth to check that both sets are in alignment.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'>Steve Byers<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'>HBJ8L/36666<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'>BJ8 Registry<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'>AHCA Delegate at Large<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'>Havelock, NC=C2=A0 USA<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><a name=3D"_MailEndCompose"><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span=
></a></p>

<div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt =
0in 0in 0in'>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> Healeys
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Michael =
Salter<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, June 20, 2023 7:44 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> Bob Spidell<br>
<b>Cc:</b> [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Mating the overdrive to the =
transmission<o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal>Although one may be difficult to find there is no =
substitute
for a spare gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this job.<o:p></o:p></p>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal>The spare shaft is used to align all the internals =
then,
using my special tool to hold the pump plunger retracted<o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><a
href=3D"https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-i=
nstallation-tool/">https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-=
overdrive-installation-tool/</a><o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;it is a simple task to lower the overdrive =
onto the
gearbox.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal>M<o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>

<div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal>On Mon., Jun. 19, 2023, 11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, =
&lt;<a
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

<blockquote style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC =
1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 6.0pt;
margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>There is a bronze =
thrust washer
that has to be perfectly centered to get that last 3/4&quot; (#148 in =
this
diagram):<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8"
target=3D"_blank">https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-=
bj8</a><br>
<br>
You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use a suitable =
'drift' to
center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end and lower the gearbox =
onto
it; gently rotating the gearbox while lowering. First time I did this I =
must
have got lucky, but danged if I can explain this (see attached photo). =
Most
recently I fought for a couple days then threw in the towel and took =
gearbox
and O/D to BCS which, fortunately, is only a half-hour away. David and =
his
mechanics had a novel technique I've not heard described anywhere; =
basically,
he removed the pump completely--it's only two screws IIRC--and split the =
O/D
into front and rear sections and tipped the gearbox and O/D up--gearbox =
on
bottom--then had two of his mechanics pull the sections together with =
huge
channellock pliers while David rotated the output shaft to 'feel it in' =
(you
had to be there).<br>
<br>
Good luck. Make triply sure you have the pump cam oriented correctly, or =
you'll
get more experience with this process than you probably want.<br>
<br>
bs<o:p></o:p></p>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal>On 6/19/2023 6:18 PM, warthodson--- via Healeys =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

<blockquote style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'>

<div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans MS"'>I spent =
the day
assisting a friend trying to mate his OD to his transmission. The car is =
a '63
BJ7. The overdrive &amp; Trans. were pulled to replace a few internal =
trans
parts which was done &amp; we did not run into any issues. We can get =
the OD to
within approx. 1/2-3/4&quot; of mating to the trans, but cannot close =
that gap.
We have confirmed that the oil pump roller has been fully retracted. =
What are
we bumping up against &amp; how do we get past it?<o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans MS"'>Gary =
Hodson<o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>

</blockquote>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>__________________________________________=
_____<br>
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail=
.com"
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsa=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p>

</blockquote>

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_001_00AC_01D9A383.3D5CB770--

------=_NextPart_000_00AB_01D9A383.3D5CB770
	name="Gearbox - OD spline alignment tool.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Gearbox - OD spline alignment tool.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_00AB_01D9A383.3D5CB770
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_00AB_01D9A383.3D5CB770--

---

From: ahbn6--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:41:10 -0400

--===============7758440897508453697==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D9A396.0574E8B0"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D9A396.0574E8B0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

It is on my site on the British Humor page. Gotta scroll down a bit to =
see it.

=20

John Sims

 <http://www.healey6.com/> www.healey6.com

Matawan, NJ

=20

From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Bob Spidell
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2023 12:11 PM
To: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mating the overdrive to the transmission

=20

Reminds me ... Decades ago, there was a 'meme'--before memes were a =
thing--consisting of an image of all the 'special tools' BMC insisted a =
mechanic needed to work on their cars. There was a picture of every =
tool, next to an 'equal' sign and ... a hammer. I had a copy of it, =
always good for a chuckle, but that computer was stolen; anyone still =
have it?

Point of interest  ... there's actually a special tool for removing the =
pump.=20

=20

=20

=20

On Tue., Jun. 20, 2023, 11:48 a.m. Bob Spidell, <[email-masked] =

re: "Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place by the 2 screws. =
It is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out with a 7/16 - 20 =
bolt - actually a couple of varying lengths makes it easier. Also a =
selection of large washers and spacers are required. To ensure that it =
does not twist on you you need some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws =
that replace the shorter ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be =
removed and this in turn implies that the hydraulic cover and large =
accumulator spring is out. Furthermore the pump has to be fitted in the =
correct orientation. I try to make a mark but easy to get it wrong if =
lying on your back. Damage can be done inserting it the wrong way =
around."

Roger,

Thanks for the correction. I watched the process from a distance so =
missed many of the details (plus, it was 6-7 years ago).=20

Bob

Yes MS is correct there is simply no substitute for having a spare shaft =
- I try to say goodnight to mine every evening !

However it does imply that the OD is open between the adaptor flange and =
the OD.

=20

Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place by the 2 screws. It =
is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out with a 7/16 - 20 bolt =
- actually a couple of varying lengths makes it easier. Also a selection =
of large washers and spacers are required. To ensure that it does not =
twist on you you need some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace =
the shorter ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be removed and this =
in turn implies that the hydraulic cover and large accumulator spring is =
out. Furthermore the pump has to be fitted in the correct orientation. I =
try to make a mark but easy to get it wrong if lying on your back. =
Damage can be done inserting it the wrong way around.

=20

Nowadays I find it easier to assemble the complete OD with the adapter =
plate already fitted to the OD. You then don't have to fight with the =
release springs as well as gasket goo and the oil pump spring retention =
all together. Then use the dummy to do the bl alignment after some =
careful threading to pull back the pump spring. I have used this a few =
times lowering onto the GB and also even on its side. Patience !

rg

=20

=20

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 5:03=E2=80=AFAM Michael Salter =

Although one may be difficult to find there is no substitute for a spare =
gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this job.=20

=20

M

=20

On Mon., Jun. 19, 2023, 11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, <[email-masked] =

bs

Gary Hodson

=20

=20

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D9A396.0574E8B0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Arial Black";
	panose-1:2 11 10 4 2 1 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Arial Black",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:bold;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial Black",sans-serif'>It is on =
my site on the British Humor page. Gotta scroll down a bit to see =
it.<o:p></o:p></span></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial =
Black",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></b></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial =
Black",sans-serif'>John Sims<o:p></o:p></span></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial =
Black",sans-serif'><a href=3D"http://www.healey6.com/"><span =
style=3D'color:#0563C1'>www.healey6.com</span></a><o:p></o:p></span></b><=
/p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial Black",sans-serif'>Matawan, =
NJ<o:p></o:p></span></b></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial =
Black",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></b></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Healeys =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Bob =
Spidell<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, June 20, 2023 12:11 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
Michael Salter &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Mating the =
overdrive to the transmission<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Reminds me ... Decades ago, there was a =
'meme'--before memes were a thing--consisting of an image of all the =
'special tools' BMC insisted a mechanic needed to work on their cars. =
There was a picture of every tool, next to an 'equal' sign and ... a =
hammer. I had a copy of it, always good for a chuckle, but that computer =
was stolen; anyone still have it?<br><br><o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 6/20/2023 8:55 AM, Michael Salter =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Point of interest&nbsp; ... there's actually a special =
tool for removing the pump. <o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
think I've only ever used it once!!<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Tue., Jun. 20, 2023, 11:48 a.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>re: &quot;Now the oil pump. This is not =
simply held in place by the 2 screws. It is an interference fit and =
needs to be pulled out with a 7/16 - 20 bolt - actually a couple of =
varying lengths makes it easier. Also a selection of large washers and =
spacers are required. To ensure that it does not twist on you you need =
some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 screws that replace the shorter ones =
mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST be removed and this in turn implies =
that the hydraulic cover and large accumulator spring is out. =
Furthermore the pump has to be fitted in the correct orientation. I try =
to make a mark but easy to get it wrong if lying on your back. Damage =
can be done inserting it the wrong way =
around.&quot;<br><br><br>Roger,<br><br>Thanks for the correction. I =
watched the process from a distance so missed many of the details (plus, =
it was 6-7 years ago). <br><br>Bob<br><br><o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 6/20/2023 8:42 AM, Roger Grace =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>A few minor corrections =
...<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Yes MS is correct =
there is simply no substitute for having a spare shaft - I try to say =
goodnight to mine every evening !<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I have made his special tool and can confirm it does =
work.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>However it does =
imply that the OD is open between the adaptor flange and the =
OD.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I also use the =
wire/twine technique.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Now the oil pump. This is not simply held in place by =
the 2 screws. It is an interference fit and needs to be pulled out with =
a 7/16 - 20 bolt - actually a couple of varying lengths makes it easier. =
Also a selection of large washers and spacers are required. To ensure =
that it does not twist on you you need some longer about 1/12 in 8-32 =
screws that replace the shorter ones mentioned. Also the NR valve MUST =
be removed and this in turn implies that the hydraulic cover and large =
accumulator spring is out. Furthermore the pump has to be fitted in the =
correct orientation. I try to make a mark but easy to get it wrong if =
lying on your back. Damage can be done inserting it the wrong way =
around.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Nowadays I find it easier to assemble the complete OD =
with the adapter plate already fitted to the OD. You then don't have to =
fight with the release springs as well as gasket goo and the oil pump =
spring retention all together. Then use the dummy to do the bl alignment =
after some careful threading to pull back the pump spring. I have used =
this a few times lowering onto the GB and also even on its side. =
Patience !<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>rg<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 5:03=E2=80=AFAM Michael Salter &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Although one may be difficult to find there is no =
substitute for a spare gearbox 3rd motion shaft for this job. =
<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>The spare shaft is used to =
align all the internals then, using my special tool to hold the pump =
plunger retracted<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-overdrive-i=
nstallation-tool/" =
target=3D"_blank">https://precisionsportscar.com/laycock-de-normanville-o=
verdrive-installation-tool/</a><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;it is a simple task to lower the overdrive onto =
the gearbox.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>M<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Mon., Jun. 19, 2023, 11:41 p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>There is a bronze thrust washer that has =
to be perfectly centered to get that last 3/4&quot; (#148 in this =
diagram):<br><br><a =
href=3D"https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-bj8" =
target=3D"_blank">https://mossmotors.com/ahy-041-overdrive-unit-bn2-thru-=
bj8</a><br><br>You can wiggle it around with a long screwdriver, or use =
a suitable 'drift' to center it. Your best bet is to sit the O/D on end =
and lower the gearbox onto it; gently rotating the gearbox while =
lowering. First time I did this I must have got lucky, but danged if I =
can explain this (see attached photo). Most recently I fought for a =
couple days then threw in the towel and took gearbox and O/D to BCS =
which, fortunately, is only a half-hour away. David and his mechanics =
had a novel technique I've not heard described anywhere; basically, he =
removed the pump completely--it's only two screws IIRC--and split the =
O/D into front and rear sections and tipped the gearbox and O/D =
up--gearbox on bottom--then had two of his mechanics pull the sections =
together with huge channellock pliers while David rotated the output =
shaft to 'feel it in' (you had to be there).<br><br>Good luck. Make =
triply sure you have the pump cam oriented correctly, or you'll get more =
experience with this process than you probably =
want.<br><br>bs<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On 6/19/2023 =
6:18 PM, warthodson--- via Healeys =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS"'>I spent the day assisting a friend trying to mate his OD to =
his transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive &amp; Trans. were =
pulled to replace a few internal trans parts which was done &amp; we did =
not run into any issues. We can get the OD to within approx. =
1/2-3/4&quot; of mating to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We have =
confirmed that the oil pump roller has been fully retracted. What are we =
bumping up against &amp; how do we get past =
it?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS"'>Gary =
Hodson<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>__________________________________________=
_____<br>Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested =
annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail=
.com" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsa=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>__________________________________________=
_____<br>Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested =
annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"=
 =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/roggrace@=
telus.net</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></blockquote></div></blockqu=
ote><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D9A396.0574E8B0--

--===============7758440897508453697==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7758440897508453697==--