Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuel pumps

From: Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 10:21:11 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3716438200239512831==
 boundary="------------2FoUbkDZuyvezeetLgQNl6f6"
Content-Language: en-GB

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------2FoUbkDZuyvezeetLgQNl6f6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I use flower paper (very fine wet&dry) for that: grade 2000 or higher, 
followed by brass polish to get a highly polished surface which is less 
prone to wear or corrosion. However just in case of an emergency on the 
road I make sure I have some wet&dry 400 in my tool box. Never needed so 
far though.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 1-6-2023 om 03:42 schreef Bob Spidell:
> Good idea to run some paper--matchbook cover is good--through the 
> points after you've filed/sanded the surface.
>
> On 5/31/2023 9:05 AM, Ricchardd Mayor wrote:
>> FYI.   When the points in the SU fuel pump stick together - it stops 
>> pumping. Thumping on the rear bulkhead is just enough to create a 
>> vibration that makes them separate.  Sticking points can usually be 
>> fixed by cleaning the points with some very fine sandpaper.
>>
>> Richard Mayor
>> [email-masked]
>>
>>
>>> On May 30, 2023, at 7:24 PM, Tom Mitchell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have one of each pumps installed. The points pump does pump slower 
>>> but I attributed that to being 20 years old. The electronic pump is 
>>> about 10 years old and does pump faster. Both seem to work fine. 
>>> Except for the points pump, I have to hit the bulkhead every now and 
>>> then to get it started.
>>>
>>> On Tue, May 30, 2023, 6:04 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Tom - does it pump at the usual rate and for the usual time?
>>>
>>>     Faster? [Might signal an air leak, and not enough pressure to
>>>     get it to slow down]
>>>
>>>     Slower? [Might signal a blocked screen at the pump or carb[s],
>>>     or blocked/pinched/collapsed fuel line, generating enough
>>>     pressure to make the pump slow down or stop - same as if the
>>>     float bowl was full.
>>>
>>>     ----------------
>>>     All the best,
>>>
>>>     Al Fuller
>>>
>>>     -----Original Message-----
>>>     From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
>>>     Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2023 2:55 AM
>>>     To: [email-masked]
>>>     Cc: healeymanjim <[email-masked]>; healeys
>>>     <[email-masked]>
>>>     Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuel pumps
>>>
>>>     nteresting---I'm believe I am having problems with my solid
>>>     state one now.  it works, but is weak in pumping--so much so
>>>     that while looking at the see-thru filter, there is very little
>>>     fuel in it.  I have had the  Healey shut down on me several
>>>     times recently which I have attributed to fuel starvation.
>>>     Tom
>>>
>>>     ----- Original Message -----
>>>     From: [email-masked]
>>>     To: "healeymanjim" <[email-masked]>, "healeys"
>>>     <[email-masked]>
>>>     Sent: Monday, May 29, 2023 6:57:32 PM
>>>     Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuel pumps
>>>
>>>     Jim - I'll take them. I can pick them up.
>>>
>>>     ----------------
>>>     All the best,
>>>
>>>     Al Fuller
>>>
>>>     -----Original Message-----
>>>     From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of
>>>     healeymanjim via Healeys
>>>     Sent: Monday, May 29, 2023 11:12 AM
>>>     To: [email-masked]
>>>     Subject: [Healeys] fuel pumps
>>>
>>>     have two solid state fuel pumps i have given up on. free for the
>>>     shipping cost.  on pos gnd one neg gnd.  myself and fellow
>>>     healey owner have gone back to points type and are happy with that.
>>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys  http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

-- 
Dit e-mailbericht is met AVG-antivirussoftware gecontroleerd op virussen.
www.avg.com
--------------2FoUbkDZuyvezeetLgQNl6f6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>I use flower paper (very fine wet&amp;dry) for that: grade 2000
      or higher, followed by brass polish to get a highly polished
      surface which is less prone to wear or corrosion. However just in
      case of an emergency on the road I make sure I have some
      wet&amp;dry 400 in my tool box. Never needed so far though.<br>
    </p>
    <p>Kees Oudesluijs</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Op 1-6-2023 om 03:42 schreef Bob
      Spidell:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      Good idea to run some paper--matchbook cover is good--through the
      points after you've filed/sanded the surface.<br>
      <br>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/31/2023 9:05 AM, Ricchardd Mayor
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
        cite="mid:[email-masked]">
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
          charset=UTF-8">
        FYI.   When the points in the SU fuel pump stick together - it
        stops pumping. Thumping on the rear bulkhead is just enough to
        create a vibration that makes them separate.  Sticking points
        can usually be fixed by cleaning the points with some very fine
        sandpaper.
        <div class=""><br class="">
          <div apple-content-edited="true" class=""> Richard Mayor<br
              class="">
            <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
              class="moz-txt-link-freetext" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br
              class="">
            <br class="">
          </div>
          <br class="">
          <div>
            <blockquote type="cite" class="">
              <div class="">On May 30, 2023, at 7:24 PM, Tom Mitchell
                &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  class="moz-txt-link-freetext" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                wrote:</div>
              <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
              <div class="">
                <div dir="auto" class="">Hi,
                  <div dir="auto" class=""><br class="">
                  </div>
                  <div dir="auto" class="">I have one of each pumps
                    installed. The points pump does pump slower but I
                    attributed that to being 20 years old. The
                    electronic pump is about 10 years old and does pump
                    faster. Both seem to work fine. Except for the
                    points pump, I have to hit the bulkhead every now
                    and then to get it started.</div>
                </div>
                <br class="">
                <div class="gmail_quote">
                  <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, May 30,
                    2023, 6:04 PM &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                    wrote:<br class="">
                  </div>
                  <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
                    .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Tom
                    - does it pump at the usual rate and for the usual
                    time? <br class="">
                    <br class="">
                    Faster? [Might signal an air leak, and not enough
                    pressure to get it to slow down] <br class="">
                    <br class="">
                    Slower? [Might signal a blocked screen at the pump
                    or carb[s], or blocked/pinched/collapsed fuel line,
                    generating enough pressure to make the pump slow
                    down or stop - same as if the float bowl was full.<br
                      class="">
                    <br class="">
                    ----------------<br class="">
                    All the best,<br class="">
                    <br class="">
                    Al Fuller<br class="">
                    <br class="">
                    -----Original Message-----<br class="">
                    From: Tom Felts &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                    <br class="">
                    Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2023 2:55 AM<br class="">
                    To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br
                      class="">
                    Cc: healeymanjim &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;;
                    healeys &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br
                      class="">
                    Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuel pumps<br class="">
                    <br class="">
                    nteresting---I'm believe I am having problems with
                    my solid state one now.  it works, but is weak in
                    pumping--so much so that while looking at the
                    see-thru filter, there is very little fuel in it.  I
                    have had the  Healey shut down on me several times
                    recently which I have attributed to fuel starvation.<br
                      class="">
                    Tom<br class="">
                    <br class="">
                    ----- Original Message -----<br class="">
                    From: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br
                      class="">
                    To: "healeymanjim" &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;,
                    "healeys" &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br
                      class="">
                    Sent: Monday, May 29, 2023 6:57:32 PM<br class="">
                    Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuel pumps<br class="">
                    <br class="">
                    Jim - I'll take them. I can pick them up.<br
                      class="">
                    <br class="">
                    ----------------<br class="">
                    All the best,<br class="">
                    <br class="">
                    Al Fuller<br class="">
                    <br class="">
                    -----Original Message-----<br class="">
                    From: Healeys &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                    On Behalf Of healeymanjim via Healeys<br class="">
                    Sent: Monday, May 29, 2023 11:12 AM<br class="">
                    To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br
                      class="">
                    Subject: [Healeys] fuel pumps<br class="">
                    <br class="">
                    have two solid state fuel pumps i have given up on. 
                    free for the shipping cost.  on pos gnd one neg
                    gnd.  myself and fellow healey owner have gone back
                    to points type and are happy with that.<br>
                  </blockquote>
                </div>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  <div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br /><table style="border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;"><tr><td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank"><img src="https://s-install.avcdn.net/ipm/preview/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png" alt="" width="46" height="29" style="width: 46px; height: 29px;"/></a></td><td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virusvrij.<a href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank" style="color: #4453ea;">www.avg.com</a></td></tr></table><a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1" height="1"> </a></div></body>
</html>

--------------2FoUbkDZuyvezeetLgQNl6f6--

--===============3716438200239512831==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3716438200239512831==--