Subject: [Healeys] Rear Main Seal

From: Roger Grace <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 16:23:36 -0700

--===============3448299208626695306==

--00000000000061204f05ff4cfe7f

I would be interested to hear from those who have done this ...

My BJ8 has had the conversion done. The split lip seal was leaking after
some miles and years.
Now in the process of replacing it in situ.
All installed, but struggling with clipping the garter spring that goes
inside the lip seal together. Have both ends secured with twine, but still
lying on your back can't seem to get enough force on the flexible ends to
open up the tiny clip. Have ruined one spring trying to preassemble it and
slide it over the flange.
Any ideas or techniques appreciated.
rg

--00000000000061204f05ff4cfe7f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I would be interested to hear from those who have don=
e this ...</div><div><br></div><div>My BJ8 has had the conversion done. The=
 split lip seal was leaking after some miles and years. <br></div><div>Now =
in the process of replacing it in situ.<br></div><div>All installed, but st=
ruggling with clipping the garter spring that goes inside the lip seal toge=
ther. Have both ends secured with twine, but still lying on your back can&#=
39;t seem to get enough force on the flexible ends to open up the tiny clip=
. Have ruined one spring trying to preassemble it and slide it over the fla=
nge.</div><div>Any ideas or techniques appreciated.</div><div>rg<br></div><=
div><br></div></div>

--00000000000061204f05ff4cfe7f--

--===============3448299208626695306==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3448299208626695306==--