Subject: [Healeys] Balancing brakes drums the right way

From: richard mayor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 17:34:14 -0700

--===============8927835902563134106==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_93E963D6-E010-49A8-98FA-35E31AFD0B1E"

--Apple-Mail=_93E963D6-E010-49A8-98FA-35E31AFD0B1E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

Get a bubble balancer from Harbor Fright. Use a regular wheel weight =
placed on the big fin to get it balanced. Try different weights to find =
the right one. Then slice off a similar size from the large fin on the =
opposite side of the drum using an angle grinder with a cut-off wheel. =
No =E2=80=9Cmachining=E2=80=9D.  No grinding. This will NOT affect the =
structural integrity of the drum or its ability to dissipate heat as =
some have suggested.

B=EF=BF=BC

--Apple-Mail=_93E963D6-E010-49A8-98FA-35E31AFD0B1E
	type="text/html";
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_6651612E-F5A1-4C95-8EB2-CC25D7B425DA"

--Apple-Mail=_6651612E-F5A1-4C95-8EB2-CC25D7B425DA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;">Get a bubble =
balancer from Harbor Fright. Use a regular wheel weight placed on the =
big fin to get it balanced. Try different weights to find the right one. =
Then slice off a similar size from the large fin on the opposite side of =
the drum using an angle grinder with a cut-off wheel. No =
=E2=80=9Cmachining=E2=80=9D. &nbsp;No grinding. This will NOT affect the =
structural integrity of the drum or its ability to dissipate heat as =
some have suggested.<div><br></div><div><div><br></div><div>B<img =
alt=3D"IMG_1254.jpeg" =
src=3D"cid:5A66682D-8C0E-43E8-B569-0A31DBA250EA"><br><div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">

</div>
<br></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_6651612E-F5A1-4C95-8EB2-CC25D7B425DA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=IMG_1254.jpeg
	x-unix-mode=0644;
	name="IMG_1254.jpeg"
Content-Id: <5A66682D-8C0E-43E8-B569-0A31DBA250EA>

--Apple-Mail=_6651612E-F5A1-4C95-8EB2-CC25D7B425DA--

--Apple-Mail=_93E963D6-E010-49A8-98FA-35E31AFD0B1E--

--===============8927835902563134106==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============8927835902563134106==--