Subject: [Healeys] E15% Ethanol Gasoline

From: "Leonard Hartnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 22:07:43 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1072275629973607976==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01FB_01D94FAE.E8FA6C90"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01FB_01D94FAE.E8FA6C90
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Something that owners of aging special interest cars, like our Healeys, may=
 want to take notice of if they haven't already.  This is not a new subject=
 as there was discussion of this here in the West a few years back.  

>From the Sacramento Bee newspaper, 3/2/2023:  "Biden sets in motion fuel po=
licy shift to bolster ethanol."  A push is underway by some governors from =
corn-producing Midwestern states to increase ethanol content to 15 percent.=
  Will this create the uproar that the increase to 10 % caused years ago?  =
As questioned back then, will this destroy our engines?  It turned out that=
 that did not happen.  Will the added 5 % be a problem? 

Just something to think about as it could affect us sooner or later.

              The Other Len
1967 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII BJ8
                HBJ8L39031

Still hovering around 220,000 miles

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

------=_NextPart_000_01FB_01D94FAE.E8FA6C90
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" http-equiv=3DContent-Type=
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16819">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN 
style=3D"LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"><FONT 
face=3DCalibri>Something that owners of aging special interest cars, like o=
ur 
Healeys, may want to take notice of if they haven=92t already.<SPAN 
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>This is not a new subject as ther=
e was 
discussion of this here in the West a few years back. <SPAN 
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN><?xml:namespace prefix =3D o ns =
=3D 
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN 
style=3D"LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"><FONT face=3DCalibr=
i>From 
the Sacramento Bee newspaper, 3/2/2023:<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&n=
bsp; 
</SPAN>=93Biden sets in motion fuel policy shift to bolster ethanol.=94<SPA=
N 
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>A push is underway by some govern=
ors 
from corn-producing Midwestern states to increase ethanol content to 15 
percent.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Will this create th=
e 
uproar that the increase to 10 % caused years ago? <SPAN 
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>As questioned back then, will this=
 
destroy our engines?<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>It turn=
ed out 
that that did not happen.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Wi=
ll the 
added 5 % be a problem? <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN 
style=3D"LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"><FONT face=3DCalibr=
i>Just 
something to think about as it could affect us sooner or 
later.</FONT></SPAN></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN 
style=3D"LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"><FONT 
face=3DCalibri>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
The Other Len<BR>1967 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII 
BJ8<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
HBJ8L39031</FONT></SPAN></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN 
style=3D"LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"></SPAN><SPAN 
style=3D"LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"><FONT face=3DCalibr=
i>Still 
hovering around 220,000 miles</FONT></SPAN></P></DIV><div id=3D"DAB4FAD8-2D=
D7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br />
<table style=3D"border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;">
	<tr>
        <td style=3D"width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a href=3D"http://www=
=2Eavg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=3Demail&utm_source=3Dlink&utm_campaig=
n=3Dsig-email&utm_content=3Demailclient" target=3D"_blank"><img src=3D"http=
s://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png" alt=
=3D""  width=3D"46" height=3D"29" style=3D"width: 46px; height: 29px;" /></=
a></td>
		<td style=3D"width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e; font-size: =
13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virus-=
free. <a href=3D"http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=3Demail&utm_=
source=3Dlink&utm_campaign=3Dsig-email&utm_content=3Demailclient" target=3D=
"_blank" style=3D"color: #4453ea;">www.avg.com</a>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table><a href=3D"#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width=3D"1" heigh=
t=3D"1"> </a></div></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01FB_01D94FAE.E8FA6C90--

--===============1072275629973607976==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1072275629973607976==--

---

From: Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 09:58:23 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2246391351762158815==
 boundary="------------vaCmjczyu3FbGFeNHD9TZ0yf"
Content-Language: en-GB

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------vaCmjczyu3FbGFeNHD9TZ0yf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I do not know where the limit of the percentage of ethanol in petrol is. 
I have used E15 on and off for a long time (>20years) in my cars, 
including my Jensen-Healey without any problems. Theoretically power 
should be down a bit but I never encountered separation, even when the 
car has not been used for more than 6 months, no corrosion in the fuel 
tank, fuel pump or carburettors, no problems with fuel hoses (which I 
replace every 10 years or so anyway and have done so on any car since 
the 1960's).

kees Oudesluijs

Op 6-3-2023 om 07:07 schreef Leonard Hartnett:
>
> Something that owners of aging special interest cars, like our 
> Healeys, may want to take notice of if they haven’t already.This is 
> not a new subject as there was discussion of this here in the West a 
> few years back.
>
> From the Sacramento Bee newspaper, 3/2/2023:“Biden sets in motion fuel 
> policy shift to bolster ethanol.”A push is underway by some governors 
> from corn-producing Midwestern states to increase ethanol content to 
> 15 percent.Will this create the uproar that the increase to 10 % 
> caused years ago? As questioned back then, will this destroy our 
> engines?It turned out that that did not happen.Will the added 5 % be a 
> problem?
>
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> 
> 	Virus-free. www.avg.com 
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> 
>
>
> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>
> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys  http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

-- 
Dit e-mailbericht is met AVG-antivirussoftware gecontroleerd op virussen.
www.avg.com
--------------vaCmjczyu3FbGFeNHD9TZ0yf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>I do not know where the limit of the percentage of ethanol in
      petrol is. I have used E15 on and off for a long time
      (&gt;20years) in my cars, including my Jensen-Healey without any
      problems. Theoretically power should be down a bit but I never
      encountered separation, even when the car has not been used for
      more than 6 months, no corrosion in the fuel tank, fuel pump or
      carburettors, no problems with fuel hoses (which I replace every
      10 years or so anyway and have done so on any car since the
      1960's).</p>
    <p>kees Oudesluijs<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Op 6-3-2023 om 07:07 schreef Leonard
      Hartnett:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:8529EFEC22C54665B6005C50BDA24490@MargaretPC">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 9.00.8112.16819">
      <style></style>
      <div> </div>
      <div>
        <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"><font
              face="Calibri">Something that owners of aging special
              interest cars, like our Healeys, may want to take notice
              of if they haven’t already.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> 
              </span>This is not a new subject as there was discussion
              of this here in the West a few years back. <span
                style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span><!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = 
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /--><o:p></o:p></font></span></p>
        <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"><font
              face="Calibri">From the Sacramento Bee newspaper,
              3/2/2023:<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span>“Biden
              sets in motion fuel policy shift to bolster ethanol.”<span
                style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span>A push is underway
              by some governors from corn-producing Midwestern states to
              increase ethanol content to 15 percent.<span
                style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span>Will this create the
              uproar that the increase to 10 % caused years ago? <span
                style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>As questioned back
              then, will this destroy our engines?<span
                style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span>It turned out that
              that did not happen.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span>Will
              the added 5 % be a problem? <o:p></o:p></font></span></p>
        <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"><font
              face="Calibri">Just something to think about as it could
              affect us sooner or later.</font></span></p>
        <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"><font
              face="Calibri">              The Other Len<br>
              1967 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII BJ8<br>
                              HBJ8L39031</font></span></p>
        <p style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"></span><span
            style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; mso-bidi-font-size: 14.0pt"><font
              face="Calibri">Still hovering around 220,000 miles</font></span></p>
      </div>
      <div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br>
        <table style="border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;">
          <tbody>
            <tr>
              <td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a
href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=link&amp;utm_campaign=sig-email&amp;utm_content=emailclient"
                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"><img
src="https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png"
                    alt="" style="width: 46px; height: 29px;"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" width="46" height="29"></a></td>
              <td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color:
                #41424e; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica,
                sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virus-free. <a
href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=link&amp;utm_campaign=sig-email&amp;utm_content=emailclient"
                  target="_blank" style="color: #4453ea;"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">www.avg.com</a> </td>
            </tr>
          </tbody>
        </table>
        <a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1"
          height="1" moz-do-not-send="true"> </a></div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------vaCmjczyu3FbGFeNHD9TZ0yf--

--===============2246391351762158815==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2246391351762158815==--

---

From: Chris Dimmock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 22:58:16 +1100

So about the same relevance as my 6.2 litre LS3 chev powered Holden Commodore ?
So nothing in common with my cast iron Healey 3000 when it comes to leaded fuel and ethanol?
Chalk, cheese and?
FFS. 
Me? 
I wouldn’t run ethanol in either my healey 3000 or my alloy LS3. 

> On 6 Mar 2023, at 9:44 pm, Kees Oudesluijs <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Chris,
> 
> Block, inlet manifold and head are cast alloy. All standard. Twin DellOrto's 45DHLA.
> 
> Cheers, Kees
> 
> 
> 
> Op 6-3-2023 om 11:36 schreef Chris Dimmock:
>> Hey Kees
>> Does your Jensen Healey have an alloy head, or a cast iron head?
>> Best
>> Chris
>> 
> 
> -- 
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]