Subject: [Healeys] Distributor Swap

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 19:49:36 +0100 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0004_01D9601C.19634FF0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D9601C.19634FF0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0005_01D9601C.19634FF0"

------=_NextPart_001_0005_01D9601C.19634FF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I should probably be able to work this out for myself, but - just to be sure
- I'm asking the experts.

Talking about a Lucas DM6a in a MkII BT7. And a 123 alternative.

So, I have a 123 installed in the car and a Lucas DM6A, complete with
Pertronix, in the boot. (Trunk!) Yes, both distributors have the correct
"Drive dog(?)" on the bottom. (Part 25 in the attached pic).

Thus, it is mechanically possible to remove the 123 and drop in the Lucas in
its place.

My question is this..if I manage to accomplish this without messing up the
timing ie rotating the distributors in the clamp, will everything line up
and the engine fire up?? I hope that the Drive dog will/can only slot into
one position and that will be the one and only correct position. If you see
what I mean?

I hope to be able to carry the Lucas as a spare "get you home" and,
likewise, hope that it's a  straight swap without having to frig around with
the timing.

Am I correct? It'll be a straightforward swap or will it turn into a
complicated roadside tune-up??

Thanks,

Simon

------=_NextPart_001_0005_01D9601C.19634FF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I should probably be able to work this out for myself, =
but &#8211; just to be sure &#8211; I&#8217;m asking the =
experts.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Talking about a Lucas DM6a =
in a MkII BT7. And a 123 alternative.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>So, I have a =
123 installed in the car and a Lucas DM6A, complete with Pertronix, in =
the boot. (Trunk!) Yes, both distributors have the correct &#8220;Drive =
dog(?)&#8221; on the bottom. (Part 25 in the attached =
pic).<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thus, it is mechanically =
possible to remove the 123 and drop in the Lucas in its =
place.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>My question is this&#8230;&#8230;if I manage to =
accomplish this without messing up the timing ie rotating the =
distributors in the clamp, will everything line up and the engine fire =
up?? I hope that the Drive dog will/can only slot into one position and =
that will be the one and only correct position. If you see what I =
mean?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I hope to be able to carry the Lucas as a spare =
&#8220;get you home&#8221; and, likewise, hope that it&#8217;s a&nbsp; =
straight swap without having to frig around with the =
timing.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Am I correct? It&#8217;ll be a straightforward swap or =
will it turn into a complicated roadside tune-up??<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0005_01D9601C.19634FF0--

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D9601C.19634FF0
	name="Dist.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Dist.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D9601C.19634FF0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D9601C.19634FF0--