Subject: [Healeys] 5-Speed towing

From: alfuller194--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 15:19:05 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6701572398271182668==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0262_01D95108.28914EA0"
Content-language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0262_01D95108.28914EA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

For those of you who have converted to the Toyota 5-speed: can you confirm
it is OK to tow the car with the rear wheels on the ground? 

I towed a prior Healey with a Toyota W58 across country, and don't recall
having to remove the drive shaft - but can't be sure.

Michael Oritt- Did you ever get an answer on the Celica forum to whether the
W58 can be flat towed? 

I need to tow my Austin-Healey with W58 for about 300 miles [Las Vegas to
Los Angeles].

For those of you who don't actually know and want to speculate: Yes, I do
know I could jack up the car, disconnect the drive shaft, secure the shaft
in a way it doesn't let the fluid leak out nor fall off the car, and then
repeat in the business lot where I am delivering the car.

----------------

All the best,

Al Fuller

------=_NextPart_000_0262_01D95108.28914EA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>For those of you who have =
converted to the Toyota 5-speed: can you confirm it is OK to tow the car =
with the rear wheels on the ground? <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I towed a =
prior Healey with a Toyota W58 across country, and don&#8217;t recall =
having to remove the drive shaft &#8211; but can&#8217;t be =
sure&#8230;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Michael Oritt- Did you ever get an answer on the =
Celica forum to whether the W58 can be flat towed? <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I need to =
tow my Austin-Healey with W58 for about 300 miles [Las Vegas to Los =
Angeles].<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>For those of you who don&#8217;t actually know and =
want to speculate: Yes, I do know I could jack up the car, disconnect =
the drive shaft, secure the shaft in a way it doesn&#8217;t let the =
fluid leak out nor fall off the car, and then repeat in the business lot =
where I am delivering the car.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>----------------<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>All the best,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Al =
Fuller<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0262_01D95108.28914EA0--

--===============6701572398271182668==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6701572398271182668==--