Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive Piston Rings

From: Joseph Costa via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 11:38:54 -0400

--===============2257787665345031278==

--0000000000006302e705e7dbc3a4

I have the larger overdrive piston from BCS -note to John many thanks for
getting it here Friday - I have 4 thin rings and 2 larger rings.  Do the
larger rings go on first and then the thinner over them.  I assume I should
space them as piston rings are spaced.

Second, I have a new spring and ball for the pump.  The springs are the
same length but the new spring has fewer coils.  Which is the better option
to use?

TIA
Joe
BN1 #923
100M
BJ8

--0000000000006302e705e7dbc3a4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I have the larger overdrive piston from BCS -note to John =
many thanks for getting it here Friday - I have 4 thin rings and 2 larger r=
ings.=C2=A0 Do the larger rings go on first and then the thinner over them.=
=C2=A0 I assume I should space them as piston rings are spaced.<div><br></d=
iv><div>Second, I have a new spring and ball for the pump.=C2=A0 The spring=
s are the same length but the new spring has fewer coils.=C2=A0 Which is th=
e better option to use?</div><div><br></div><div>TIA</div><div>Joe</div><di=
v>BN1 #923</div><div>100M</div><div>BJ8</div></div>

--0000000000006302e705e7dbc3a4--

--===============2257787665345031278==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2257787665345031278==--