Subject: [Healeys] Door fit

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 22:29:57 +0100 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D8D51C.2CC6DB60"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D8D51C.2CC6DB60
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0002_01D8D51C.2CC6DB60"

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D8D51C.2CC6DB60
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Healey 3000, BT7 MkII.

=20

So, I put new new =93Cover plates=94, item 27 & new furflex into my =
3000. The
passenger side door became a rotten fit. Yes, it closed but there was a =
big
gap.

At first, I blamed the new furflex but that was another red herring.
Actually, it was the =93Cover plate=94 which was a lousy fit. Looked =
good, but
the holes for the door =93Striker=94, item 31, were too small and did =
not allow
for the striker to be adjusted inwards.

Now, I got some aluminium sheet on order from which I will replicate the =
two
shims as mine are really ropey. But, I notice that, whatever I =
do/however
good the fit at the top of the door will be, the bottom will still stand
about =BC=94 further out.

Question:- is there any adjustment to be made via the hinges? Can their
fastenings be loosened off and the hinges tapped inwards?

I am not overly hopeful, but you never know!

Simon

=20

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D8D51C.2CC6DB60
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word =
15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Healey 3000, BT7 MkII.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>So, I put =
new new &#8220;Cover plates&#8221;, item 27 &amp; new furflex into my =
3000. The passenger side door became a rotten fit. Yes, it closed but =
there was a big gap.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>At first, I =
blamed the new furflex but that was another red herring. Actually, it =
was the &#8220;Cover plate&#8221; which was a lousy fit. Looked good, =
but the holes for the door &#8220;Striker&#8221;, item 31, were too =
small and did not allow for the striker to be adjusted =
inwards.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Now, I got some aluminium =
sheet on order from which I will replicate the two shims as mine are =
really ropey. But, I notice that, whatever I do/however good the fit at =
the top of the door will be, the bottom will still stand about =
=BC&#8221; further out.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Question:- is =
there any adjustment to be made via the hinges? Can their fastenings be =
loosened off and the hinges tapped inwards?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I am not overly hopeful, but you never =
know!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D8D51C.2CC6DB60--

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D8D51C.2CC6DB60
	name="Cover plate.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Cover plate.pdf"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D8D51C.2CC6DB60
	name="Striker.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Striker.pdf"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D8D51C.2CC6DB60
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D8D51C.2CC6DB60--