Subject: [Healeys] radiator leak

From: Richard Antal via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 14:17:55 +0000 (UTC)

--===============6897170251600755180==
	boundary="----=_Part_3449315_1730298912.1662128275193"

------=_Part_3449315_1730298912.1662128275193
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Greetings Healeyphiles,=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 My thanks to al=
l for their directions on how to adjust the gas pedal.And now another quest=
ion: I noticed=C2=A0 radiator fluid oozing from the seam where the upper ta=
nk is secured to the core. Does this need to be re-welded or can a smear of=
 JB Weld suffice? If re-soldering is necessary, does anyone know of a repai=
r facility in New England? The BJ8 and I live in Portsmouth NH. Thanks for =
any suggestions.
rich antal

------=_Part_3449315_1730298912.1662128275193
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div class="yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Greetings Healeyphiles,</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My thanks to all for their directions on how to adjust the gas pedal.</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">And now another question: I noticed&nbsp; radiator fluid oozing from the seam where the upper tank is secured to the core. Does this need to be re-welded or can a smear of JB Weld suffice? If re-soldering is necessary, does anyone know of a repair facility in New England? The BJ8 and I live in Portsmouth NH. Thanks for any suggestions.</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><br></div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">rich antal<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_3449315_1730298912.1662128275193--

--===============6897170251600755180==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6897170251600755180==--

---

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 07:51:30 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5671320294167440833==
 boundary="------------Sftz3fK5RMoIbLxIK4Xv7h8h"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------Sftz3fK5RMoIbLxIK4Xv7h8h
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Have the tank resoldered, and while you're at it, get an upgraded core 
('Excel' brand of equivalent). In my experience, JB Weld and other 
adhesives work OK, at least temporarily when it's applied on the 
'inside' of a break or crack, when slapped on the 'outside,' as in this 
case, it's a quick fix at best. Plus, surfaces generally need to be 
really clean for any adhesive to work, in this case you'd be applying to 
old, dirty solder which has already failed.

A quick internet search on 'radiator repair near Portsmough NH' got a 
few hits. I'd probably start here:
https://www.dowsautomotiveservice.com/Portsmouth-auto-ac-repair.html

On 9/2/2022 7:17 AM, Richard Antal via Healeys wrote:
> Greetings Healeyphiles,
>        My thanks to all for their directions on how to adjust the gas 
> pedal.
> And now another question: I noticed  radiator fluid oozing from the 
> seam where the upper tank is secured to the core. Does this need to be 
> re-welded or can a smear of JB Weld suffice? If re-soldering is 
> necessary, does anyone know of a repair facility in New England? The 
> BJ8 and I live in Portsmouth NH. Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> rich antal
>

--------------Sftz3fK5RMoIbLxIK4Xv7h8h
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Have the tank resoldered, and while you're at it, get an upgraded
    core ('Excel' brand of equivalent). In my experience, JB Weld and
    other adhesives work OK, at least temporarily when it's applied on
    the 'inside' of a break or crack, when slapped on the 'outside,' as
    in this case, it's a quick fix at best. Plus, surfaces generally
    need to be really clean for any adhesive to work, in this case you'd
    be applying to old, dirty solder which has already failed.<br>
    <br>
    A quick internet search on 'radiator repair near Portsmough NH' got
    a few hits. I'd probably start here:<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.dowsautomotiveservice.com/Portsmouth-auto-ac-repair.html">https://www.dowsautomotiveservice.com/Portsmouth-auto-ac-repair.html</a><br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/2/2022 7:17 AM, Richard Antal via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div class="yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Helvetica Neue,
        Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Greetings Healeyphiles,</div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">       My thanks to all for
          their directions on how to adjust the gas pedal.</div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">And now another question: I
          noticed  radiator fluid oozing from the seam where the upper
          tank is secured to the core. Does this need to be re-welded or
          can a smear of JB Weld suffice? If re-soldering is necessary,
          does anyone know of a repair facility in New England? The BJ8
          and I live in Portsmouth NH. Thanks for any suggestions.</div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">rich antal<br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------Sftz3fK5RMoIbLxIK4Xv7h8h--

--===============5671320294167440833==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5671320294167440833==--