Subject: Re: [Healeys] Distributor guy

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 09:47:24 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7240919270180179704==
 boundary="------------u7yXLlGJQdg2EvpJjXAcnHnD"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------u7yXLlGJQdg2EvpJjXAcnHnD
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Thanks to input from the List, I now think the (possible) reason for 
Pertronix not recommending their unit for use with stranded copper wires 
is RFI from the wires. The Ignitor uses hall effect sensing from the cam 
lobes or a magnet collar to time the pulse to the coil, and RFI could 
possibly interfere with that weak signal. I've always used Champion 
resistor plugs, which may reduce RFI so as to not interfere with the 
Ignitor. IIRC, the plugs I use have a resistance load of about 15Kohms, 
equivalent to a foot or two of suppressor wires. IIRC, I'm not sure, but 
I think the plug caps I use have built-in resistance as well. I have no 
idea why Pertronix doesn't mention this, but from perusing their website 
it appears they don't have much interest in selling to or supporting old 
British car owners anymore (we are a dwindling demographic).

On 8/30/2022 7:09 PM, WILLIAM B LAWRENCE wrote:
> I had been using solid core wires since 2002, but when I changed to 
> negative ground in 2019 the new pertronix had a warning against solid 
> core (electronics sensitive to RF spikes or something) so I bought a 
> set of carbon core wires and adapted them to my original (acorn nut) 
> distributor cap by holding the brass washers in place with small brass 
> screws inserted into the carbon core. No problems yet.
>
> Bill Lawrence
> BN1 #554
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of Steven 
> Kingsbury via Healeys <[email-masked]>
> *Sent:* Tuesday, August 30, 2022 10:28 PM
> *To:* Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
> *Cc:* [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* Re: [Healeys] Distributor guy
> Bob,
> Thanks for the link, I'll check this out and chase it down. I know 
> also you said you were using the solid core wires, but on this website 
> you sent, it definitely advises against that. Like you, I wonder why. 
> other than messing with a radio, I would see no disadvantage. And 
> sense I have no radio, I don't mind messing with folks next to me and 
> their radios!
> Stay tuned! (No pun intended)
> Steven
>
>> On Aug 30, 2022, at 12:40 PM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Found some here:
>>
>> https://vintageperformance.com/retrorockets/austin_healey.htm 
>> <https://vintageperformance.com/retrorockets/austin_healey.htm>
>>
>> Looks like there's two versions--'early' and 'late'--for 4-cyl Healeys.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 8/30/2022 8:42 AM, Steven Kingsbury via Healeys wrote:
>>> Been watching this entertaining discussion from the sidelines and 
>>> I'm one of those: "it's your car, do what you want" guys, but I have 
>>> a question about the Pertronix shift. According to the directions, a 
>>> change in plug wires is required. From solid core copper to carbon 
>>> fiber. So how can those of you going back and forth from points to 
>>> Pertronix doing it? Or, are you just sticking with the solid core 
>>> wires?
>>> I tried going to the Pertronix, but the base plate for the "ignitor" 
>>> wouldn't fit where it was claimed, in the depression for the 
>>> condensor, it fit way off not quite 180 degrees but close, and 
>>> though I did get a backfire, I never got the car to run and gave up.
>>> I pulled the distributor, tore it apart, cleaned everything up, put 
>>> everything back together, refit it with new points and reinstalled 
>>> it in the car using the cell phone photos I took to get it back as 
>>> close as possible and bam!, she fired right up! Got my timing light 
>>> out, made the slightest adjustment and I'm back in the game.
>>> I have since been able to buy another distributor from a BN1, which 
>>> was a bit of a mess inside, but was able to tear it apart, clean it, 
>>> put it back together and it now works just fine and now if I have 
>>> trouble on the side of the road, I have a spare distributor to 
>>> switch out.
>>> But I may go the Pertronix path in the future, and the solid core 
>>> wire question is still in my mind. As well as the placement of the 
>>> ignitor. Or am I just using the wrong Pertronix kit? I've got the 
>>> LU-149 kit. Thanks!
>>> Steven Kingsbury
>>> BN1
>>>
>>>> On Aug 29, 2022, at 11:28 PM, Michael Oritt 
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I've had the pleasure of replacing a set of contact 
>>>> points alongside the road in the dark.  If you don't get the stack 
>>>> of insulating washers and parts correct you are going nowhere and 
>>>> it's awfully easy to drop one of the bits down and under the 
>>>> car--with the same result.
>>>>
>>>> I put a Mallory Unilite distributor/ignition system in my Healey 
>>>> about twenty years ago with absolutely no issue other than a 
>>>> cracked external ballast resistor and about three years ago I 
>>>> replaced the module simply because I did not want to push my luck 
>>>> any further.  On long trips I carry a spare distributor with drive 
>>>> dog attached, allowing for quick and easy replacement and no need 
>>>> to worry about timing so long as I pay careful attention to the 
>>>> positions of the rotor and distributor body when switching things out.
>>>>
>>>> On my race cars I use Pertronix modules simply because the failure 
>>>> mode is almost always total which makes diagnosis much easier 
>>>> whereas with points there is one more component (the condenser) 
>>>> plus very often when points ignitions go bad the problem is often 
>>>> partial and/or intermittent, resulting in more time lost trying to 
>>>> diagnose the problem with more sessions lost due to having more 
>>>> possibilities to eliminate.
>>>>
>>>> Best--Michael Oritt
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 8:47 PM warthodson--- via Healeys 
>>>>
>>>>     Since Pertronix don't have points I guess the answer is: "the
>>>>     car would not have been disabled due to the points failing".
>>>>     Gary
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     -----Original Message-----
>>>>     From: dwflagg--- via Healeys <[email-masked]
>>>>     Sent: Mon, Aug 29, 2022 12:00 pm
>>>>     Subject: Re: [Healeys] Distributor guy
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     *Also, years ago whilst traveling the New York State Thruway I
>>>>     came upon a disabled Austin Healey whilst driving my own to a
>>>>     fraternity brother's wedding. This was before cell phones.
>>>>     Disabled vehicles were at the mercy of tow trucks and
>>>>     **exorbitant fees. It was **determined** there was no spark.
>>>>     With no tools but just a nail clipper with a nail file, we
>>>>     filed the **points,** and were both on our **way! Try** that
>>>>     with a Pertronix unit!*
>>>>
>>>>     *Doug*
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>       *To add more fuel to the fire, while driving on the freeway
>>>>       in Las Vegas years ago I had the rotor on my BN6 split in
>>>>       two. A highway patrolman stopped and repaired it with super
>>>>       glue and a rubber band. I limped home 15 miles – put on
>>>>       another rotor and kept a spare for safety and the repaired
>>>>       one in the parcel shelve for memories. Try that with a
>>>>       Pertronix unit*
>>>>
>>>>     **
>>>>     *John Sims*
>>>>     *www.healey6.com <http://www.healey6.com/>*
>>>>     *Matawan, NJ*
>>>>     **
>>>>     *From:* Healeys <[email-masked]
>>>>     *Sent:* Monday, August 29, 2022 10:12 AM
>>>>     *Cc:* List Healey <[email-masked]
>>>>     *Subject:* Re: [Healeys] Distributor guy
>>>>
>>>>     Just wondering, the debate between this unit and the original
>>>>     points has always been that you can replace the points in the
>>>>     event of a failure on the side of the road. How difficult is it
>>>>     to replace this unit in the same manner if you carried a spare,
>>>>     and what would the cost be for that spare? I'm referring to
>>>>     a1958 Bugeye here.
>>>>
>>>>     On Mon, Aug 29, 2022, 8:21 AM patrick williams
>>>>
>>>>         It's been close to 20 years ago, but Jeff rebuilt my
>>>>         distributor, including the vacuum advance diaphram, and put
>>>>         in a pertronix unit.  I'm very happy with the results.
>>>>         Pat Williams
>>>>         1960 BT7
>>>>         _______________________________________________
>>>>         Support Team.Net <http://Team.Net>
>>>>         http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>>>         <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>>>>         Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>>>
>>>>         Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>>>>         <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>
>>>>         http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>>>>         <http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys>
>>>>
>>>>         http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>>>         <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>>>>
>>>>         Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>>>         http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>>>         <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>>>>
>>>>     _______________________________________________
>>>>     Support Team.Net <http://Team.Net>
>>>>     http://www.team.net/donate.html <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>>>>     Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>>>
>>>>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>>>>     <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>>>>     <http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys>
>>>>
>>>>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>>>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>>>>
>>>>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>>>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>>>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>>>>     _______________________________________________
>>>>     Support Team.Net <http://Team.Net>
>>>>     http://www.team.net/donate.html <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>>>>     Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>>>
>>>>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>>>>     <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>
>>>>     http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>>>>     <http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys>
>>>>
>>>>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>>>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>>>>
>>>>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>>>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>>>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Support Team.Net <http://Team.Net> http://www.team.net/donate.html 
>>>> <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>>>> Suggested annual donation $12.75
>>>>
>>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys 
>>>> <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys> 
>>>> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys 
>>>> <http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys>
>>>>
>>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys 
>>>> <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>>>>
>>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 
>>>> <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> SupportTeam.Net  <http://Team.Net>  http://www.team.net/donate.html  <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>>
>>> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys  <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>  http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys  <http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys>
>>>
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys  <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>>>
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]  <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Support Team.Net <http://Team.Net> http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation $12.75
>>
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys 
>> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>>
>> [email-masked]
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

--------------u7yXLlGJQdg2EvpJjXAcnHnD
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Thanks to input from the List, I now think the (possible) reason for
    Pertronix not recommending their unit for use with stranded copper
    wires is RFI from the wires. The Ignitor uses hall effect sensing
    from the cam lobes or a magnet collar to time the pulse to the coil,
    and RFI could possibly interfere with that weak signal. I've always
    used Champion resistor plugs, which may reduce RFI so as to not
    interfere with the Ignitor. IIRC, the plugs I use have a resistance
    load of about 15Kohms, equivalent to a foot or two of suppressor
    wires. IIRC, I'm not sure, but I think the plug caps I use have
    built-in resistance as well. I have no idea why Pertronix doesn't
    mention this, but from perusing their website it appears they don't
    have much interest in selling to or supporting old British car
    owners anymore (we are a dwindling demographic).<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/30/2022 7:09 PM, WILLIAM B
      LAWRENCE wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color:
        inherit; background-color: transparent;">
      </div>
      <div style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color:
        inherit; background-color: transparent;">
        I had been using solid core wires since 2002, but when I changed
        to negative ground in 2019 the new pertronix had a warning
        against solid core (electronics sensitive to RF spikes or
        something) so I bought a set of carbon core wires and adapted
        them to my original (acorn nut) distributor cap by holding the
        brass washers <span style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color:
          transparent; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">in place with
          small brass screws inserted into the carbon core. No problems
          yet.</span></div>
      <div style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color:
        inherit; background-color: transparent;">
        <span style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent;
          -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;"><br>
        </span></div>
      <div style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color:
        inherit; background-color: transparent;">
        <span style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent;
          -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">Bill Lawrence</span></div>
      <div style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color:
        inherit; background-color: transparent;">
        <span style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent;
          -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">BN1 #554</span></div>
      <hr style="display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex="-1">
      <div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr"><font style="font-size:11pt"
          face="Calibri, sans-serif" color="#000000"><b>From:</b>
          Healeys <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> on behalf of
          Steven Kingsbury via Healeys <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, August 30, 2022 10:28 PM<br>
          <b>To:</b> Bob Spidell <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          <b>Cc:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
          <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Distributor guy</font>
        <div> </div>
      </div>
      <div>
        <div>
          <div>Bob,<br>
          </div>
          <div>Thanks for the link, I'll check this out and chase it
            down. I know also you said you were using the solid core
            wires, but on this website you sent, it definitely advises
            against that. Like you, I wonder why. other than messing
            with a radio, I would see no disadvantage. And sense I have
            no radio, I don't mind messing with folks next to me and
            their radios!<br>
          </div>
          <div>Stay tuned! (No pun intended)<br>
          </div>
          <div>Steven</div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <blockquote type="cite">
            <div>On Aug 30, 2022, at 12:40 PM, Bob Spidell
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>
              <div>Found some here: <br>
              </div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div><a rel="noopener noreferrer"
                  href="https://vintageperformance.com/retrorockets/austin_healey.htm"
                  class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">https://vintageperformance.com/retrorockets/austin_healey.htm</a><br>
              </div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div>Looks like there's two versions--'early' and
                'late'--for 4-cyl Healeys.<br>
              </div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div class="x_moz-cite-prefix">On 8/30/2022 8:42 AM,
                Steven Kingsbury via Healeys wrote:<br>
              </div>
              <blockquote type="cite">
                <div>
                  <div>Been watching this entertaining discussion from
                    the sidelines and I'm one of those: "it's your car,
                    do what you want" guys, but I have a question about
                    the Pertronix shift. According to the directions, a
                    change in plug wires is required. From solid core
                    copper to carbon fiber. So how can those of you
                    going back and forth from points to Pertronix doing
                    it? Or, are you just sticking with the solid core
                    wires? <br>
                  </div>
                  <div>I tried going to the Pertronix, but the base
                    plate for the "ignitor" wouldn't fit where it was
                    claimed, in the depression for the condensor, it fit
                    way off not quite 180 degrees but close, and though
                    I did get a backfire, I never got the car to run and
                    gave up.<br>
                  </div>
                  <div>I pulled the distributor, tore it apart, cleaned
                    everything up, put everything back together, refit
                    it with new points and reinstalled it in the car
                    using the cell phone photos I took to get it back as
                    close as possible and bam!, she fired right up! Got
                    my timing light out, made the slightest adjustment
                    and I'm back in the game.<br>
                  </div>
                  <div>I have since been able to buy another distributor
                    from a BN1, which was a bit of a mess inside, but
                    was able to tear it apart, clean it, put it back
                    together and it now works just fine and now if I
                    have trouble on the side of the road, I have a spare
                    distributor to switch out. <br>
                  </div>
                  <div>But I may go the Pertronix path in the future,
                    and the solid core wire question is still in my
                    mind. As well as the placement of the ignitor. Or am
                    I just using the wrong Pertronix kit? I've got the
                    LU-149 kit. Thanks!<br>
                  </div>
                  <div>Steven Kingsbury <br>
                  </div>
                  <div>BN1<br>
                  </div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  <blockquote type="cite">
                    <div>On Aug 29, 2022, at 11:28 PM, Michael Oritt <a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        class="x_moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
                        moz-do-not-send="true">
                        &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
                    </div>
                    <div><br>
                    </div>
                    <div><br>
                    </div>
                    <div>
                      <div dir="ltr">
                        <div class="x_gmail_default"
                          style="color:#3333ff">I've had the pleasure of
                          replacing a set of contact points alongside
                          the road in the dark.  If you don't get the
                          stack of insulating washers and parts correct
                          you are going nowhere and it's awfully easy to
                          drop one of the bits down and under the
                          car--with the same result.  <br>
                        </div>
                        <div class="x_gmail_default"
                          style="color:#3333ff"><br>
                        </div>
                        <div class="x_gmail_default"
                          style="color:#3333ff">I put a Mallory Unilite
                          distributor/ignition system in my Healey about
                          twenty years ago with absolutely no issue
                          other than a cracked external ballast resistor
                          and about three years ago I replaced the
                          module simply because I did not want to push
                          my luck any further.  On long trips I carry a
                          spare distributor with drive dog attached,
                          allowing for quick and easy replacement and no
                          need to worry about timing so long as I pay
                          careful attention to the positions of the
                          rotor and distributor body when switching
                          things out.<br>
                        </div>
                        <div class="x_gmail_default"
                          style="color:#3333ff"><br>
                        </div>
                        <div class="x_gmail_default"
                          style="color:#3333ff">On my race cars I use
                          Pertronix modules simply because the failure
                          mode is almost always total which makes
                          diagnosis much easier whereas with points
                          there is one more component (the condenser)
                          plus very often when points ignitions go bad
                          the problem is often partial and/or
                          intermittent, resulting in more time lost
                          trying to diagnose the problem with more
                          sessions lost due to having more possibilities
                          to eliminate. <br>
                        </div>
                        <div class="x_gmail_default"
                          style="color:#3333ff"><br>
                        </div>
                        <div class="x_gmail_default"
                          style="color:#3333ff">Best--Michael Oritt<br>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                      <div><br>
                      </div>
                      <div class="x_gmail_quote">
                        <div dir="ltr" class="x_gmail_attr">On Mon, Aug
                          29, 2022 at 8:47 PM warthodson--- via Healeys
                          &lt;<a class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                            moz-txt-link-freetext"
                            href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                          wrote:<br>
                        </div>
                        <blockquote class="x_gmail_quote"
                          style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;
                          border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);
                          padding-left:1ex">
                          <div style="">
                            <div>Since Pertronix don't have points I
                              guess the answer is: "the car would not
                              have been disabled due to the points
                              failing". <br>
                            </div>
                            <div>Gary<br>
                            </div>
                            <div><br>
                            </div>
                            <div><br>
                            </div>
                            <div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;
                              font-size:10pt; color:black"><span
                                class="x_size" style="font-size:13px">
                                <div>-----Original Message-----<br>
                                </div>
                                <div>From: dwflagg--- via Healeys &lt;<a
                                    class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                    moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                                </div>
                                <div>To: <a
                                    class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                    moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                                </div>
                                <div>Cc: <a
                                    class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                    moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                    moz-do-not-send="true">
                                    [email-masked]</a><br>
                                </div>
                                <div>Sent: Mon, Aug 29, 2022 12:00 pm<br>
                                </div>
                                <div>Subject: Re: [Healeys] Distributor
                                  guy<br>
                                </div>
                                <div><br>
                                </div>
                                <div><br>
                                </div>
                                <div
id="x_gmail-m_-7552218057579924020gmail-m_1594055351053211080gmail-m_-5893998475483822937yiv3368558838">
                                  <div>
                                    <div><b><span style=""><span
                                            class="x_size"
                                            style="font-size:12pt">Also,
                                            years ago whilst traveling
                                            the New York State Thruway I
                                            came upon a disabled Austin
                                            Healey whilst driving my own
                                            to a fraternity brother's
                                            wedding. This was before
                                            cell phones. Disabled
                                            vehicles were at the mercy
                                            of tow trucks and </span></span></b><b
                                        style="font-size:16px">exorbitant
                                        fees. It was
                                      </b><span style=""><span
                                          class="x_size"
                                          style="font-size:16px"><b>determined</b></span></span><b
                                        style="font-size:16px"> there
                                        was no spark. With no tools but
                                        just a nail clipper with a nail
                                        file, we filed the
                                      </b><span style=""><span
                                          class="x_size"
                                          style="font-size:16px"><b>points,</b></span></span><b
                                        style="font-size:16px"> and were
                                        both on our </b><span style=""><span
                                          class="x_font" style=""><span
                                            class="x_size"
                                            style="font-size:12pt"><span
                                              style=""><span
                                                class="x_size"
                                                style="font-size:16px"><b>way!
                                                  Try</b></span><span
                                                class="x_font" style=""><span
                                                  style=""><span
                                                    class="x_size"
                                                    style="font-size:12pt"><b> that
                                                      with a Pertronix
                                                      unit!</b></span></span></span></span></span></span></span><br>
                                    </div>
                                    <div> <br>
                                    </div>
                                    <div><b><span style=""><span
                                            class="x_size"
                                            style="font-size:12pt">Doug</span></span></b><br>
                                    </div>
                                    <h1><b style="font-size:10pt"><span
                                          style=""><span class="x_font"
                                            style=""><span
                                              class="x_size"
                                              style="font-size:12pt">To
                                              add more fuel to the fire,
                                              while driving on the
                                              freeway in Las Vegas years
                                              ago I had the rotor on my
                                              BN6 split in two. A
                                              highway patrolman stopped
                                              and repaired it with super
                                              glue and a rubber band. I
                                              limped home 15 miles – put
                                              on another rotor and kept
                                              a spare for safety and the
                                              repaired one in the parcel
                                              shelve for memories. Try
                                              that with a Pertronix unit</span></span></span></b><br>
                                    </h1>
                                    <div>
                                      <div><b><span style=""><span
                                              class="x_font" style=""><span
                                                class="x_size"
                                                style="font-size:12pt"> </span></span></span></b><br>
                                      </div>
                                      <div><b><span style=""><span
                                              class="x_font" style=""><span
                                                class="x_size"
                                                style="font-size:12pt">John
                                                Sims</span></span></span></b><br>
                                      </div>
                                      <div><b><span style=""><span
                                              class="x_font" style=""><span
                                                class="x_size"
                                                style="font-size:12pt"><a
                                                  rel="noopener
                                                  noreferrer"
                                                  shape="rect"
                                                  href="http://www.healey6.com/"
                                                  moz-do-not-send="true"><span
style="color:rgb(5,99,193)">www.healey6.com</span></a></span></span></span></b><br>
                                      </div>
                                      <div><b><span style=""><span
                                              class="x_font" style=""><span
                                                class="x_size"
                                                style="font-size:12pt">Matawan,
                                                NJ</span></span></span></b><br>
                                      </div>
                                      <div><b><span style=""><span
                                              class="x_font" style=""><span
                                                class="x_size"
                                                style="font-size:12pt"> </span></span></span></b><br>
                                      </div>
                                      <div style="border-right:none;
                                        border-bottom:none;
                                        border-left:none; border-top:1pt
                                        solid rgb(225,225,225);
                                        padding:3pt 0in 0in">
                                        <div>
                                          <div><b>From:</b> Healeys &lt;<a
class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                              href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                                            <b>On Behalf Of </b>Jim
                                            Ryan<br>
                                          </div>
                                          <div><b>Sent:</b> Monday,
                                            August 29, 2022 10:12 AM<br>
                                          </div>
                                          <div><b>To:</b> patrick
                                            williams &lt;<a
                                              class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                              moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                              href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                                          </div>
                                          <div><b>Cc:</b> List Healey
                                            &lt;<a
                                              class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                              moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                              href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                                          </div>
                                          <div><b>Subject:</b> Re:
                                            [Healeys] Distributor guy<br>
                                          </div>
                                        </div>
                                      </div>
                                      <div> <br>
                                      </div>
                                      <div>
                                        <div>Just wondering, the debate
                                          between this unit and the
                                          original points has always
                                          been that you can replace the
                                          points in the event of a
                                          failure on the side of the
                                          road. How difficult is it to
                                          replace this unit in the same
                                          manner if you carried a spare,
                                          and what would the cost be for
                                          that spare? I'm referring to
                                          a1958 Bugeye here.<br>
                                        </div>
                                      </div>
                                      <div> <br>
                                      </div>
                                      <div>
                                        <div
id="x_gmail-m_-7552218057579924020gmail-m_1594055351053211080gmail-m_-5893998475483822937yiv3368558838yqt58837">
                                          <div>
                                            <div>On Mon, Aug 29, 2022,
                                              8:21 AM patrick williams
                                              &lt;<a
                                                class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                                moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                                rel="nofollow noopener
                                                noreferrer" shape="rect"
href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                                              wrote:<br>
                                            </div>
                                          </div>
                                          <blockquote
                                            style="border-top:none;
                                            border-right:none;
                                            border-bottom:none;
                                            border-left:1pt solid
                                            rgb(204,204,204);
                                            padding:0in 0in 0in 6pt;
                                            margin-left:4.8pt;
                                            margin-right:0in">
                                            <div>
                                              <div>It's been close to 20
                                                years ago, but Jeff
                                                rebuilt my distributor,
                                                including the vacuum
                                                advance diaphram, and
                                                put in a pertronix
                                                unit.  I'm very happy
                                                with the results.<br>
                                              </div>
                                              <div>
                                                <div>Pat Williams<br>
                                                </div>
                                              </div>
                                              <div>
                                                <div>1960 BT7<br>
                                                </div>
                                              </div>
                                            </div>
                                            <div
                                              style="margin-bottom:12pt">
                                              <div>_______________________________________________<br>
                                              </div>
                                              <div>Support <a
                                                  href="http://Team.Net"
                                                  rel="noopener
                                                  noreferrer"
                                                  moz-do-not-send="true">Team.Net</a>
                                                <a
                                                  class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                                  moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                                  rel="noopener
                                                  noreferrer"
                                                  shape="rect"
                                                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                                                  moz-do-not-send="true">
                                              </div>
                                              <div>Suggested annual
                                                donation  $12.75<br>
                                              </div>
                                              <div><br>
                                              </div>
                                              <div>Archive: <a
                                                  class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                                  moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                                  rel="noopener
                                                  noreferrer"
                                                  shape="rect"
                                                  href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                                                  moz-do-not-send="true">
http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a
                                                  class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                                  moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                                  rel="noopener
                                                  noreferrer"
                                                  shape="rect"
                                                  href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                                                  moz-do-not-send="true">
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                                              </div>
                                              <div><br>
                                              </div>
                                              <div><a
                                                  class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                                  moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                                  rel="nofollow noopener
                                                  noreferrer"
                                                  shape="rect"
                                                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                                              </div>
                                              <div><a
                                                  class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                                  moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                                  rel="noopener
                                                  noreferrer"
                                                  shape="rect"
                                                  href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
                                                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                                              </div>
                                              <div><br>
                                              </div>
                                              <div>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext" rel="noopener
                                                  noreferrer"
                                                  shape="rect"
                                                  href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                                                  moz-do-not-send="true">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                                              </div>
                                            </div>
                                          </blockquote>
                                        </div>
                                      </div>
                                    </div>
                                  </div>
                                </div>
                                <div
id="x_gmail-m_-7552218057579924020gmail-m_1594055351053211080gmail-m_-5893998475483822937yqt73218">
                                  <div>_______________________________________________<br>
                                  </div>
                                  <div>Support <a
                                      href="http://Team.Net"
                                      rel="noopener noreferrer"
                                      moz-do-not-send="true">Team.Net</a>
                                    <a class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                      moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                      shape="rect"
                                      href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                                      rel="noopener noreferrer"
                                      moz-do-not-send="true">
                                      http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                                  </div>
                                  <div>Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                                  </div>
                                  <div><br>
                                  </div>
                                  <div>Archive: <a
                                      class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                      moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                      shape="rect"
                                      href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                                      rel="noopener noreferrer"
                                      moz-do-not-send="true">
http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys </a><a
                                      class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                      moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                      shape="rect"
                                      href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                                      rel="noopener noreferrer"
                                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                                  </div>
                                  <div><br>
                                  </div>
                                  <div><a class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                      moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                      shape="rect"
                                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                                  </div>
                                  <div><a class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                      moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                      shape="rect"
                                      href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
                                      rel="noopener noreferrer"
                                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                                  </div>
                                  <div><br>
                                  </div>
                                  <div>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                                      class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                                      moz-txt-link-freetext"
                                      shape="rect"
                                      href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                                      rel="noopener noreferrer"
                                      moz-do-not-send="true">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                                  </div>
                                </div>
                              </span></div>
                          </div>
                          <div>_______________________________________________<br>
                          </div>
                          <div>Support <a href="http://Team.Net"
                              rel="noopener noreferrer"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">Team.Net</a> <a
                              class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                              moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                              rel="noopener noreferrer"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">
                              http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                          </div>
                          <div>Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                          </div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div>Archive: <a
                              class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                              moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                              rel="noopener noreferrer"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">
                              http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
                            <a class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                              moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                              rel="noopener noreferrer"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">
                              http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                          </div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div><a class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                              moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                          </div>
                          <div><a class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                              moz-txt-link-freetext"
                              href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
                              rel="noopener noreferrer"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                          </div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                              class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                              moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                              rel="noopener noreferrer"
                              moz-do-not-send="true">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                          </div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                        </blockquote>
                      </div>
                      <div>
                        <div>_______________________________________________<br>
                        </div>
                        <div>Support <a href="http://Team.Net"
                            rel="noopener noreferrer"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">Team.Net</a> <a
                            class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                            moz-txt-link-freetext"
                            href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                            rel="noopener noreferrer"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">
                            http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                        </div>
                        <div>Suggested annual donation $12.75<br>
                        </div>
                        <div><br>
                        </div>
                        <div>Archive: <a class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                            moz-txt-link-freetext"
                            href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                            rel="noopener noreferrer"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">
                            http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a
                            class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                            moz-txt-link-freetext"
                            href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                            rel="noopener noreferrer"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">
                            http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                        </div>
                        <div><br>
                        </div>
                        <div><a class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                            moz-txt-link-freetext"
                            href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                        </div>
                        <div><a class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                            moz-txt-link-freetext"
                            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
                            rel="noopener noreferrer"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                        </div>
                        <div><br>
                        </div>
                        <div>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                            class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext
                            moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                            rel="noopener noreferrer"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                    </div>
                  </blockquote>
                </div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <pre class="x_moz-quote-pre">_______________________________________________
Support <a rel="noopener noreferrer" href="http://Team.Net" moz-do-not-send="true">Team.Net</a> <a rel="noopener noreferrer" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>

Archive: <a rel="noopener noreferrer" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a rel="noopener noreferrer" href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a>

<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="x_moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
<a rel="noopener noreferrer" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext moz-txt-link-freetext" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
              </blockquote>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div>
                <div>_______________________________________________<br>
                </div>
                <div>Support <a rel="noopener noreferrer"
                    href="http://Team.Net" moz-do-not-send="true">Team.Net</a>
                  <a rel="noopener noreferrer"
                    href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">
                    http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                </div>
                <div>Suggested annual donation $12.75<br>
                </div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div>Archive: <a rel="noopener noreferrer"
                    href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">
                    http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a
                    rel="noopener noreferrer"
                    href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">
                    http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                </div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div><a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
                </div>
                <div><a rel="noopener noreferrer"
                    href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                </div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a rel="noopener noreferrer"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------u7yXLlGJQdg2EvpJjXAcnHnD--

--===============7240919270180179704==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7240919270180179704==--