Subject: Re: [Healeys] Greasing the Driveshaft U Joint

From: Richard Kahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 17:29:12 +0000

Yes, I had to use a longer one.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 29, 2022, at 10:21 AM, Harold Manifold <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hello,
> 
> My Healey is nearing completion and after installing the driveshaft I tried to grease the U-Joint only to find the nozzle on my grease gun is too large to fit into the u-joint. Is there a grease gun with a narrow nozzle or a narrow nozzle extension? I replaced the u-joints and used the grease fittings that came with the new joints. Should the grease nipples (zerk fitting) be changed to the longer ones?
> 
> Thanks... Harold
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> 
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
> 
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: John Spaur via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 11:02:39 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6368570144160408717==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00E0_01D8D3F2.FE788FD0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00E0_01D8D3F2.FE788FD0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

They are typically 1=E2=80=9D long.

=20

John

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
Harold Manifold
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2022 9:32 AM
To: Healey List <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Greasing the Driveshaft U Joint

=20

Hello,

=20

My Healey is nearing completion and after installing the driveshaft I =
tried to grease the U-Joint only to find the nozzle on my grease gun is =
too large to fit into the u-joint. Is there a grease gun with a narrow =
nozzle or a narrow nozzle extension? I replaced the u-joints and used =
the grease fittings that came with the new joints. Should the grease =
nipples (zerk fitting) be changed to the longer ones?

=20

Thanks... Harold

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_00E0_01D8D3F2.FE788FD0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>They are typically 1=E2=80=9D long.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>John<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Harold Manifold<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, September 29, 2022 9:32 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> Healey List =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Greasing the =
Driveshaft U Joint<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hello,<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>My Healey is nearing completion and after installing =
the driveshaft I tried to grease the U-Joint only to find the =
nozzle&nbsp;on my grease gun is too large to fit into the u-joint. Is =
there a grease gun with a narrow nozzle or a narrow nozzle extension? I =
replaced the u-joints and used the grease fittings that came with the =
new joints. Should the grease&nbsp;nipples (zerk fitting) be =
changed&nbsp;to the longer ones?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks... Harold<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00E0_01D8D3F2.FE788FD0--

--===============6368570144160408717==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6368570144160408717==--