Subject: [Healeys] Oil Diaper Pan

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 17:52:10 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4079584223982269315==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_006A_01D8C219.6407BFB0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_006A_01D8C219.6407BFB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Jim:

Originally, I used the manifold drainpipe directly to the diaper pan.
However, the flow of oil was causing my #6 spark plug to foul with so much
oil.  First, I used a non-fouling adaptor and then installed the oil
catcher.  Then I pulled the trans, installed the new gasket to the engine
with lots of Right Stuff sealant all around and reinstalled the trans and
carefully tightened the bolts. The result was the oil drip was reduced to a
light amount.  Before leaving for Michigan, I just left everything alone for
when I come back to Florida in October and will decide if I want to remove
the oil catcher.  Nice bright red makes the engine look great.

Where is this BN6 Website?

Bob Begani

unless you have a tri-carb you can extend the manifold drain pipe into the
diaper pan and suck the oil back into the manifold one drop at a time.  i
have had this setup on my car for over ten years.  i put the directions on
the BN6 website.

------=_NextPart_000_006A_01D8C219.6407BFB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	font-size:16.0pt;
	font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.PlainTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Plain Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text";
	font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoPlainText>Jim:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>Originally, I used the manifold drainpipe directly =
to the diaper pan.&nbsp; However, the flow of oil was causing my #6 =
spark plug to foul with so much oil.&nbsp; First, I used a non-fouling =
adaptor and then installed the oil catcher.&nbsp; Then I pulled the =
trans, installed the new gasket to the engine with lots of Right Stuff =
sealant all around and reinstalled the trans and carefully tightened the =
bolts. The result was the oil drip was reduced to a light amount.&nbsp; =
Before leaving for Michigan, I just left everything alone for when I =
come back to Florida in October and will decide if I want to remove the =
oil catcher.&nbsp; Nice bright red makes the engine look =
great.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>Where is this BN6 Website?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>Bob =
Begani<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>unless you have a tri-carb you can extend the =
manifold drain pipe into the diaper pan and suck the oil back into the =
manifold one drop at a time.&nbsp; i have had this setup on my car for =
over ten years.&nbsp; i put the directions on the BN6 =
website.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_006A_01D8C219.6407BFB0--

--===============4079584223982269315==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4079584223982269315==--