Subject: [Healeys] Mystery casting number on Austin 6 cylinder engine

From: richard mayor via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 17:26:04 -0800

--===============8771071220440539594==

--000000000000c13b9705d25c06b1

What I thought was an Austin Healey 3000 engine has a casting number on the
side of the block 12B266.    It has the early style Austin block with the
tachometer drive housing.  The boss for the engine tag is in the same place
as the 3000 engines.

I looked at a couple of early 3000 engines and the casting numbers on them
are AEC881.

Does anyone know what engine this is?

Richard

--000000000000c13b9705d25c06b1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>What I thought was an Austin Healey 3000 engine has a=
 casting number on the side of the block 12B266.=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 It has t=
he early style Austin block with the tachometer drive housing.=C2=A0 The bo=
ss for the engine tag is in the same place as the 3000 engines.<br></div><d=
iv><br></div><div>I looked at a couple of early 3000 engines and the castin=
g numbers on them are AEC881. <br></div><div><br></div><div>Does anyone kno=
w what engine this is?</div><div><br></div><div>Richard<br> </div></div>

--000000000000c13b9705d25c06b1--

--===============8771071220440539594==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============8771071220440539594==--