Subject: [Healeys] 3000 lifters

From: richard mayor via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 10:12:36 -0700

--===============3920627425302808919==

--0000000000007ca2cc05c9237ed5

In my race car (a 3000) I run MGC bucket lifters. They have a small hole in
the side that allows oil to exit.  The stock pedestal lifters are heavier
than bucket lifters, put more side load than bucket lifters and fill up
with oil. The old trick for racers using pedestals was to machine a flat on
the lower side of the pedestal to allow oil to  drain.

Richard Mayor

--0000000000007ca2cc05c9237ed5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>In my race car (a 3000) I run MGC bucket lifters. The=
y have a small hole in the side that allows oil to exit.=C2=A0 The stock pe=
destal lifters are heavier than bucket lifters, put more side load than buc=
ket lifters and fill up with oil. The old trick for racers using pedestals =
was to machine a flat on the lower side of the pedestal to allow oil to=C2=
=A0 drain. <br></div><div><br></div><div>Richard Mayor=C2=A0 </div></div>

--0000000000007ca2cc05c9237ed5--

--===============3920627425302808919==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3920627425302808919==--