Subject: [Healeys] Help with rally computer

From: "Bruce Steele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 21:11:07 -0700 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D796D1.0FAA0190"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D796D1.0FAA0190
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0002_01D796D1.0FAA0190"

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D796D1.0FAA0190
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi, all.  I'm helping fellow Austin-Healey Assoc of So Cal member Lindsay
Maine sort through boxes of parts collected by his father, Dick.  Among the
flotsam and jetsam is this interesting rally mileage computer.  It looks too
well engineered to be a home project, but so far I've not turned up anything
in my online search that looks like it.  There is no brand nor clue as to
who manufactured it.  The sending unit appears to mount to the speedometer
with the cable take-off, and it operates a cammed wheel on which rides a
lever switch, I presume controlling the current to advance the mileage
meters.  The head unit has a central toggle switch of the ON-OFF-ON type,
and presumably switches current between the mileage trackers.  The red
buttons on the counters zero the readouts.  I don't know the function of the
black buttons, but they seem to be momentary switches.  The head unit is
illuminated by a fairly large center post light.  Can anyone offer any
insights?

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D796D1.0FAA0190
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
	panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'>Hi, all.&nbsp; I&#8217;m helping fellow Austin-Healey =
Assoc of So Cal member Lindsay Maine sort through boxes of parts =
collected by his father, Dick.&nbsp; Among the flotsam and jetsam is =
this interesting rally mileage computer. &nbsp;It looks too well =
engineered to be a home project, but so far I&#8217;ve not turned up =
anything in my online search that looks like it.&nbsp; There is no brand =
nor clue as to who manufactured it.&nbsp; The sending unit appears to =
mount to the speedometer with the cable take-off, and it operates a =
cammed wheel on which rides a lever switch, I presume controlling the =
current to advance the mileage meters.&nbsp; The head unit has a central =
toggle switch of the ON-OFF-ON type, and presumably switches current =
between the mileage trackers.&nbsp; The red buttons on the counters zero =
the readouts.&nbsp; I don&#8217;t know the function of the black =
buttons, but they seem to be momentary switches. &nbsp;The head unit is =
illuminated by a fairly large center post light.&nbsp; Can anyone offer =
any insights?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif'>Bruce =
Steele<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif'>Brea, =
CA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif'>1960 =
BN7<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D796D1.0FAA0190--

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D796D1.0FAA0190
	name="IMG_2714.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_2714.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D796D1.0FAA0190
	name="IMG_2715.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_2715.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D796D1.0FAA0190
	name="IMG_2716.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_2716.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D796D1.0FAA0190
	name="IMG_2717.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_2717.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D796D1.0FAA0190
	name="IMG_2718.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_2718.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D796D1.0FAA0190
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D796D1.0FAA0190--