Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive Fix

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 11:48:40 +0100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0122241640041886709==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0003_01D78EA6.D66493F0"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D78EA6.D66493F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have been having fun and games with my overdrive recently. Pressure
related, I think.

Whilst digging around in my accumulation of "useful stuff" files I cam
across the excellent article written by Del Border some years back. I sent
it out recently.

I am, I trust, near the reassembly stage and the article's got me wondering.
Have any of you tried the fix with the piston? Adding the extra 3/32"??

I've made the requisite little piston with the additional width and, having
done so, I'm dithering about putting it in. I didn't find it particularly
easy to dig that far into my unit. Nothing would come out without a battle
and I'd hate to have to do it all over. 

So, anybody tried it???

Thanks,

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D78EA6.D66493F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I have been having fun and games with my overdrive =
recently. Pressure related, I think.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Whilst digging around in my accumulation of =
&#8220;useful stuff&#8221; files I cam across the excellent article =
written by Del Border some years back. I sent it out =
recently.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I am, I trust, near the =
reassembly stage and the article&#8217;s got me wondering. Have any of =
you tried the fix with the piston? Adding the extra =
3/32&#8221;??<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;ve made the =
requisite little piston with the additional width and, having done so, =
I&#8217;m dithering about putting it in. I didn&#8217;t find it =
particularly easy to dig that far into my unit. Nothing would come out =
without a battle and I&#8217;d hate to have to do it all over. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>So, anybody tried =
it???<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D78EA6.D66493F0--

--===============0122241640041886709==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0122241640041886709==--