Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 seat recovering

From: Peter Svilans via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 13:20:31 -0400

--=_b752d7882a6732d467763fe9c6bf6c4d
 boundary="=_d875ce203e9be2b21c485f1a81f87e61"

--=_d875ce203e9be2b21c485f1a81f87e61
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
 format=flowed

Hi Shawn,

(B) was the original method used by trimmers skilled in curved needle 
work.

(A) can be used with our modern SuperGlues, not available back in the 
day.  Normal contact adhesive doesn't work with vinyl to vinyl.

The intent was to fold the outer ear up to the piping ball with a near 
invisible joint. Glue will accomplish this, but if you want the original 
slightly bumpier look, then stitch.

The picture is of an original seat ear with the Hidem strip removed 
(hence the tack holes).  Note the little cut along the bottom which is 
the transition between the folded over edge to the main cover sitting 
behind the lower piping bead.

Best regards,

Peter
--=_d875ce203e9be2b21c485f1a81f87e61
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=
=3DUTF-8" /></head><body style=3D'font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,Gen=
eva,sans-serif'>
<p>Hi Shawn,</p>
<p>(B) was the original method used by trimmers skilled in curved needle wo=
rk.</p>
<p>(A) can be used with our modern SuperGlues, not available back in the da=
y.&nbsp; Normal contact adhesive doesn't work with vinyl to vinyl.</p>
<p>The intent was to fold the outer ear up to the piping ball with a near i=
nvisible joint. Glue will accomplish this, but if you want the original sli=
ghtly bumpier look, then stitch.</p>
<p>The picture is of an original seat ear with the Hidem strip removed (hen=
ce the tack holes).&nbsp; Note the little cut along the bottom which is the=
 transition between the folded over edge to the main cover sitting behind t=
he lower piping bead.</p>
<p>Best regards,</p>
<p>Peter<span style=3D"font-family: monospace; font-size: 10pt;"></span></p=
<div id=3D"signature">&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"pre" style=3D"margin: 0; padding: 0; font-family: monospace">=
&nbsp;</div>
</body></html>

--=_d875ce203e9be2b21c485f1a81f87e61--

--=_b752d7882a6732d467763fe9c6bf6c4d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
 name="P7130806(medium).JPG"
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="P7130806(medium).JPG";
 size=225402

--=_b752d7882a6732d467763fe9c6bf6c4d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--=_b752d7882a6732d467763fe9c6bf6c4d--

---

From: S and T Miller via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 00:45:19 +0000

--===============3967432210628584935==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BL0PR04MB4881FE5BDA366042EE145EE1D4139BL0PR04MB4881namp_"

--_000_BL0PR04MB4881FE5BDA366042EE145EE1D4139BL0PR04MB4881namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Perfect, exactly the info I needed. Thank you.

The Millers

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test dri=
ve."
________________________________
From: Peter Svilans <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 1:20 PM
To: S and T Miller <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 seat recovering

Hi Shawn,

(B) was the original method used by trimmers skilled in curved needle work.

(A) can be used with our modern SuperGlues, not available back in the day. =
 Normal contact adhesive doesn't work with vinyl to vinyl.

The intent was to fold the outer ear up to the piping ball with a near invi=
sible joint. Glue will accomplish this, but if you want the original slight=
ly bumpier look, then stitch.

The picture is of an original seat ear with the Hidem strip removed (hence =
the tack holes).  Note the little cut along the bottom which is the transit=
ion between the folded over edge to the main cover sitting behind the lower=
 piping bead.

Best regards,

Peter

--_000_BL0PR04MB4881FE5BDA366042EE145EE1D4139BL0PR04MB4881namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
</head>
<body>
<div style=3D"font-family: &quot;segoe ui westeuropean&quot;, &quot;segoe u=
i&quot;, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0)=
;">
Perfect, exactly the info I needed. Thank you.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>The Millers<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&quot;Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a tes=
t drive.&quot;<br>
</div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Peter Svilans &lt;svi=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, July 13, 2021 1:20 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> S and T Miller &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Cc:</b> [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] 100 seat recovering</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif">
<p>Hi Shawn,</p>
<p>(B) was the original method used by trimmers skilled in curved needle wo=
rk.</p>
<p>(A) can be used with our modern SuperGlues, not available back in the da=
y.&nbsp; Normal contact adhesive doesn't work with vinyl to vinyl.</p>
<p>The intent was to fold the outer ear up to the piping ball with a near i=
nvisible joint. Glue will accomplish this, but if you want the original sli=
ghtly bumpier look, then stitch.</p>
<p>The picture is of an original seat ear with the Hidem strip removed (hen=
ce the tack holes).&nbsp; Note the little cut along the bottom which is the=
 transition between the folded over edge to the main cover sitting behind t=
he lower piping bead.</p>
<p>Best regards,</p>
<p>Peter<span style=3D"font-family:monospace; font-size:10pt"></span></p>
<div id=3D"x_signature">&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"x_pre" style=3D"margin:0; padding:0; font-family:monospace">&=
nbsp;</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BL0PR04MB4881FE5BDA366042EE145EE1D4139BL0PR04MB4881namp_--

--===============3967432210628584935==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3967432210628584935==--