Subject: Re: [Healeys] Which Brake Fluid?

From: Perry Small via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 20:36:57 -0400

--===============6888510682104523905==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-86D238B2-3AB6-423C-ABCD-E441689F7E2A
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Have had DOT 3/4 in our BN2 for over 20 years this time around. Seems like t=
he only issue I have had is replacing the rear wheel cylinders seal twice in=
 that time. During regular inspections have found a very small leak on one s=
ide or the other and replaced seals on both sides. Front brakes and master s=
eem to hold up better.=20
P

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 24, 2021, at 7:59 PM, Michael MacLean via Healeys <[email-masked]=
am.net> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
> Well apparently DOT 3/4 is ahead in the poll.  I have used it exclusively i=
n the Bugeye for over 20 years with no problems.  I was only asking to see i=
f there was some advantage to using the silicone over synthetic because the B=
N2 has a completely new brake system which has never seen any type of fluid y=
et.  This would be the time to make that decision.  I  made all the brake li=
nes, flares and used the original fittings when I restored the Bugeye and th=
ere were no leaks when I filled it.  I feel reasonably sure there won't be m=
uch of a problem with the BN2 in this respect.  So, I am leaning towards DOT=
 3/4.  As an interesting aside, the local parts supplier here in San Bernard=
ino that has been selling British car parts and supplies recommended Delphi b=
rake fluid.  The low moisture Castrol we were getting in the past no longer i=
s made.  Today's Castrol brake fluid is made in India according to the shop o=
wner.  The Delphi brake fluid is supposedly superior.  What do I know, but I=
 bought it.
>=20
>> On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 3:15 PM richard mayor via Healeys <healeys@autox.=
team.net> wrote:
>> The military uses silicone because some military vehicles sit for long pe=
riods of time when not in use..... waiting for that day when they need to sp=
ring into action.   Silicone fluid is not the best performance wise but beca=
use it does not accumulate moisture over time, it is best for military vehic=
les that sit unused for long periods of time.=20
>>=20
>> FWIW, I was in the military and I use DOT 3
>>=20
>>=20
>>> On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 6:19 AM Michael Oritt via Healeys <healeys@autox=
.team.net> wrote:
>>> "The military specifies Silicone brake fluid for a reason"
>>>=20
>>> Not necessarily a good one.
>>>=20
>>> Best--Michael Oritt
>>>=20
>>>> On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 9:04 AM warthodson--- via Healeys <healeys@auto=
x.team.net> wrote:
>>>> I would like to say a few words on behalf of silicone brake fluid.
>>>> It is non-hygroscopic (does not absorb moisture).
>>>> It does not damage paint as do glycol fluids.
>>>> A newly rebuilt and scrupulously clean brake system filled with silicon=
e fluid should outlast a system filled with glycol fluid by several times.
>>>> The military specifies Silicone brake fluid for a reason.=20
>>>>=20
>>>> Gary Hodson
>>>>=20
>>>>=20
>>>>=20
>>>>> On July 23, 2021 at 2:05 PM, Michael MacLean via Healeys <healeys@auto=
x.team.net> wrote:
>>>>>=20
>>>>> The BN2 is at the point where it is time to fill and bleed the new bra=
ke system.  Now comes the time to decide whether to go with DOT 3/4 brake fl=
uid or try silicone.  Any recommendations,  advice or warnings on this decis=
ion?
>>>>> Mike MacLean
>>>>=20
>>>>=20
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>>>=20
>>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/ar=
chive
>>>>=20
>>>> [email-masked]
>>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>>>=20
>>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/micha=
[email-masked]
>>>>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> --=20
>>> Best--Michael
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>>=20
>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/arc=
hive
>>>=20
>>> [email-masked]
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>>=20
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/boyrac=
[email-masked]
>>>=20
>> _______________________________________________
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>=20
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/arch=
ive
>>=20
>> [email-masked]
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/springe=
[email-masked]
>>=20
>=20
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>=20
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archi=
ve
>=20
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeygu=
[email-masked]
>=20

--Apple-Mail-86D238B2-3AB6-423C-ABCD-E441689F7E2A
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">Have had DOT 3/4 in our BN2 for over 20 yea=
rs this time around. Seems like the only issue I have had is replacing the r=
ear wheel cylinders seal twice in that time. During regular inspections have=
 found a very small leak on one side or the other and replaced seals on both=
 sides. Front brakes and master seem to hold up better.&nbsp;<div>P<br><br><=
div dir=3D"ltr">Sent from my iPhone</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br><blockquote ty=
pe=3D"cite">On Jul 24, 2021, at 7:59 PM, Michael MacLean via Healeys &lt;hea=
[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br><br></blockquote></div><blockquote type=3D=
"cite"><div dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Well apparently DOT 3=
/4 is ahead in the poll.&nbsp; I have used it exclusively in the Bugeye for o=
ver 20 years with no problems.&nbsp; I was only asking to see if there was s=
ome advantage to using the silicone over synthetic because the BN2 has a com=
pletely new brake system which has never seen any type of fluid yet.&nbsp; T=
his would be the time to make that decision.&nbsp; I&nbsp; made all the brak=
e lines, flares and used the original fittings when I restored the Bugeye an=
d there were no leaks when I filled it.&nbsp; I feel reasonably sure there w=
on't be much of a problem with the BN2 in this respect.&nbsp; So, I am leani=
ng towards DOT 3/4.&nbsp; As an interesting aside, the local parts supplier h=
ere in San Bernardino that has been selling British car parts and supplies r=
ecommended Delphi brake fluid.&nbsp; The low moisture Castrol we were gettin=
g in the past no longer is made.&nbsp; Today's Castrol brake fluid is made i=
n India according to the shop owner.&nbsp; The Delphi brake fluid is suppose=
dly superior.&nbsp; What do I know, but I bought it.<br></div></div><br><div=
 class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Jul 24,=
 2021 at 3:15 PM richard mayor via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@aut=
ox.team.net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote clas=
s=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rg=
b(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>The military uses sil=
icone because some military vehicles sit for long periods of time when not i=
n use..... waiting for that day when they need to spring into action. &nbsp;=
 Silicone fluid is not the best performance wise but because it does not acc=
umulate moisture over time, it is best for military vehicles that sit unused=
 for long periods of time. <br></div><div><br></div><div>FWIW, I was in the m=
ilitary and I use DOT 3<br></div><div><br></div></div><br><div class=3D"gmai=
l_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 6:19 A=
M Michael Oritt via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote c=
lass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid=
 rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_def=
ault" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)">"<span style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-f=
amily:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:16px">The military spec=
ifies Silicone brake fluid for a reason"</span></div><div class=3D"gmail_def=
ault" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"><span style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-fa=
mily:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:16px"><br></span></div><=
div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"><span style=3D"co=
lor:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:16=
px">Not necessarily a good one.</span></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" sty=
le=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"><span style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quo=
t;Comic Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:16px"><br></span></div><div class=
=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"><span style=3D"color:rgb(0=
,0,0);font-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:16px">Best-=
-Michael Oritt</span></div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"=
ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 9:04 AM warthodson--- via H=
ealeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">heale=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" s=
tyle=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padd=
ing-left:1ex">
<div style=3D"color:black;font:12pt &quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif">I w=
ould like to say a few words on behalf of silicone brake fluid.
<div>It is non-hygroscopic (does not absorb moisture).</div>

<div><font size=3D"3">It does not damage paint as do glycol fluids.</font><b=
r>
</div>

<div><font size=3D"3">A newly rebuilt and scrupulously clean brake system fi=
lled with silicone fluid should outlast a system filled with glycol fluid by=
 several times.<br>
</font></div>

<div>The military specifies Silicone brake fluid for a reason.&nbsp;<br>
<br>
Gary Hodson<br>
<br>

<div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font s=
ize=3D"2"><br>

<div id=3D"gmail-m_4183915300597405256gmail-m_2478624642646800173gmail-m_-19=
08300146633513305yiv1034049189">
<div>
<div id=3D"gmail-m_4183915300597405256gmail-m_2478624642646800173gmail-m_-19=
08300146633513305yiv1034049189yqt63377">
<div><br clear=3D"none">On July 23, 2021 at 2:05 PM, Michael MacLean via Hea=
leys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">healeys=
@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none"></div>

<div><blockquote type=3D"cite">
<div>
<div>The BN2 is at the point where it is time to fill and bleed the new brak=
e system.&nbsp; Now comes the time to decide whether to go with DOT 3/4 brak=
e fluid or try silicone.&nbsp; Any recommendations,&nbsp; advice or warnings=
 on this decision?
<div>Mike MacLean</div>
</div>
</div>
</blockquote></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div id=3D"gmail-m_4183915300597405256gmail-m_2478624642646800173gmail-m_-19=
08300146633513305yqt85392"><br clear=3D"none"></div>
</font></div>
</div>
</div>
_______________________________________________<br>
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
am.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr">=
<font color=3D"#3333ff">Best--Michael</font></div>
_______________________________________________<br>
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
am.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>
_______________________________________________<br>
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
am.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>
<div>&lt;Delphi.jpg&gt;</div><span>_________________________________________=
______</span><br><span>Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html</spa=
n><br><span>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</span><br><span></span><b=
r><span>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net=
/archive</span><br><span></span><br><span>[email-masked]</span><br><=
span>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</span><br><span></span><=
br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/h=
[email-masked]</span><br><span></span><br></div></blockquote></div></body>=
</html>=

--Apple-Mail-86D238B2-3AB6-423C-ABCD-E441689F7E2A--

--===============6888510682104523905==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6888510682104523905==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 18:07:40 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4444651864812215985==
 boundary="------------25B88801C4F57F6D74D0612C"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------25B88801C4F57F6D74D0612C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Delphi == Lockheed

On 7/24/2021 5:36 PM, Perry Small via Healeys wrote:
> Have had DOT 3/4 in our BN2 for over 20 years this time around. Seems 
> like the only issue I have had is replacing the rear wheel cylinders 
> seal twice in that time. During regular inspections have found a very 
> small leak on one side or the other and replaced seals on both sides. 
> Front brakes and master seem to hold up better.
> P
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 24, 2021, at 7:59 PM, Michael MacLean via Healeys 
>> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> 
>> Well apparently DOT 3/4 is ahead in the poll.  I have used it 
>> exclusively in the Bugeye for over 20 years with no problems.  I was 
>> only asking to see if there was some advantage to using the silicone 
>> over synthetic because the BN2 has a completely new brake system 
>> which has never seen any type of fluid yet.  This would be the time 
>> to make that decision.  I  made all the brake lines, flares and used 
>> the original fittings when I restored the Bugeye and there were no 
>> leaks when I filled it.  I feel reasonably sure there won't be much 
>> of a problem with the BN2 in this respect.  So, I am leaning towards 
>> DOT 3/4.  As an interesting aside, the local parts supplier here in 
>> San Bernardino that has been selling British car parts and supplies 
>> recommended Delphi brake fluid.  The low moisture Castrol we were 
>> getting in the past no longer is made.  Today's Castrol brake fluid 
>> is made in India according to the shop owner.  The Delphi brake fluid 
>> is supposedly superior. What do I know, but I bought it.
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 3:15 PM richard mayor via Healeys 
>>
>>     The military uses silicone because some military vehicles sit for
>>     long periods of time when not in use..... waiting for that day
>>     when they need to spring into action.   Silicone fluid is not the
>>     best performance wise but because it does not accumulate moisture
>>     over time, it is best for military vehicles that sit unused for
>>     long periods of time.
>>
>>     On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 6:19 AM Michael Oritt via Healeys
>>
>>         On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 9:04 AM warthodson--- via Healeys
>>
>>             A newly rebuilt and scrupulously clean brake system
>>             filled with silicone fluid should outlast a system filled
>>             with glycol fluid by several times.
>>             The military specifies Silicone brake fluid for a reason.
>>
>>             Gary Hodson
>>
>>
>>
>>             On July 23, 2021 at 2:05 PM, Michael MacLean via Healeys
>>             wrote:
>>
>>>             The BN2 is at the point where it is time to fill and
>>>             bleed the new brake system.  Now comes the time to
>>>             decide whether to go with DOT 3/4 brake fluid or try
>>>             silicone. Any recommendations, advice or warnings on
>>>             this decision?
>>>             Mike MacLean
>>

--------------25B88801C4F57F6D74D0612C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Delphi == Lockheed<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/24/2021 5:36 PM, Perry Small via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      Have had DOT 3/4 in our BN2 for over 20 years this time around.
      Seems like the only issue I have had is replacing the rear wheel
      cylinders seal twice in that time. During regular inspections have
      found a very small leak on one side or the other and replaced
      seals on both sides. Front brakes and master seem to hold up
      better. 
      <div>P<br>
        <br>
        <div dir="ltr">Sent from my iPhone</div>
        <div dir="ltr"><br>
          <blockquote type="cite">On Jul 24, 2021, at 7:59 PM, Michael
            MacLean via Healeys <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
            <br>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <blockquote type="cite">
          <div dir="ltr">
            <div dir="ltr">
              <div>Well apparently DOT 3/4 is ahead in the poll.  I have
                used it exclusively in the Bugeye for over 20 years with
                no problems.  I was only asking to see if there was some
                advantage to using the silicone over synthetic because
                the BN2 has a completely new brake system which has
                never seen any type of fluid yet.  This would be the
                time to make that decision.  I  made all the brake
                lines, flares and used the original fittings when I
                restored the Bugeye and there were no leaks when I
                filled it.  I feel reasonably sure there won't be much
                of a problem with the BN2 in this respect.  So, I am
                leaning towards DOT 3/4.  As an interesting aside, the
                local parts supplier here in San Bernardino that has
                been selling British car parts and supplies recommended
                Delphi brake fluid.  The low moisture Castrol we were
                getting in the past no longer is made.  Today's Castrol
                brake fluid is made in India according to the shop
                owner.  The Delphi brake fluid is supposedly superior. 
                What do I know, but I bought it.<br>
              </div>
            </div>
            <br>
            <div class="gmail_quote">
              <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at
                3:15 PM richard mayor via Healeys &lt;<a
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                wrote:<br>
              </div>
              <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px
                0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                <div dir="ltr">
                  <div>The military uses silicone because some military
                    vehicles sit for long periods of time when not in
                    use..... waiting for that day when they need to
                    spring into action.   Silicone fluid is not the best
                    performance wise but because it does not accumulate
                    moisture over time, it is best for military vehicles
                    that sit unused for long periods of time. <br>
                  </div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  <div>FWIW, I was in the military and I use DOT 3<br>
                  </div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <br>
                <div class="gmail_quote">
                  <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Jul 24, 2021
                    at 6:19 AM Michael Oritt via Healeys &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                    wrote:<br>
                  </div>
                  <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px
                    0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                    rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                    <div dir="ltr">
                      <div class="gmail_default"
                        style="color:rgb(51,51,255)">"<span
                          style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Comic
                          Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:16px">The
                          military specifies Silicone brake fluid for a
                          reason"</span></div>
                      <div class="gmail_default"
                        style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><span
                          style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Comic
                          Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:16px"><br>
                        </span></div>
                      <div class="gmail_default"
                        style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><span
                          style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Comic
                          Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:16px">Not
                          necessarily a good one.</span></div>
                      <div class="gmail_default"
                        style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><span
                          style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Comic
                          Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:16px"><br>
                        </span></div>
                      <div class="gmail_default"
                        style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><span
                          style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Comic
                          Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:16px">Best--Michael
                          Oritt</span></div>
                    </div>
                    <br>
                    <div class="gmail_quote">
                      <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Jul 24,
                        2021 at 9:04 AM warthodson--- via Healeys &lt;<a
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                        wrote:<br>
                      </div>
                      <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px
                        0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                        rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                        <div style="color:black;font:12pt &quot;Comic
                          Sans MS&quot;,sans-serif">I would like to say
                          a few words on behalf of silicone brake fluid.
                          <div>It is non-hygroscopic (does not absorb
                            moisture).</div>
                          <div><font size="3">It does not damage paint
                              as do glycol fluids.</font><br>
                          </div>
                          <div><font size="3">A newly rebuilt and
                              scrupulously clean brake system filled
                              with silicone fluid should outlast a
                              system filled with glycol fluid by several
                              times.<br>
                            </font></div>
                          <div>The military specifies Silicone brake
                            fluid for a reason. <br>
                            <br>
                            Gary Hodson<br>
                            <br>
                            <div
                              style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
                                size="2"><br>
                                <div
id="gmail-m_4183915300597405256gmail-m_2478624642646800173gmail-m_-1908300146633513305yiv1034049189">
                                  <div>
                                    <div
id="gmail-m_4183915300597405256gmail-m_2478624642646800173gmail-m_-1908300146633513305yiv1034049189yqt63377">
                                      <div><br clear="none">
                                        On July 23, 2021 at 2:05 PM,
                                        Michael MacLean via Healeys &lt;<a
href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                                          moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                                        wrote:<br clear="none">
                                        <br clear="none">
                                      </div>
                                      <div>
                                        <blockquote type="cite">
                                          <div>
                                            <div>The BN2 is at the point
                                              where it is time to fill
                                              and bleed the new brake
                                              system.  Now comes the
                                              time to decide whether to
                                              go with DOT 3/4 brake
                                              fluid or try silicone. 
                                              Any recommendations, 
                                              advice or warnings on this
                                              decision?
                                              <div>Mike MacLean</div>
                                            </div>
                                          </div>
                                        </blockquote>
                                      </div>
                                    </div>
                                  </div>
                                </div>
                              </font><br>
                            </div>
                          </div>
                        </div>
                      </blockquote>
                    </div>
                  </blockquote>
                </div>
              </blockquote>
            </div>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------25B88801C4F57F6D74D0612C--

--===============4444651864812215985==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4444651864812215985==--