Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive query

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 22:45:55 +0100 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D78402.5458B660"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D78402.5458B660
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0002_01D78402.5458B660"

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D78402.5458B660
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

Attached is Del Border's excellent work on, you guessed it, the overdrive.
Doubtless, you've all got a copy. 

Page 4, illustration 6.9. Can anyone tell me what the second handwritten
figure is? ie, "Increase this dimension from 0.125" to ?????".

And...Page 5, paragraph starting, "Now to get the pressure." Does anyone
have the precise dimensions of these washers? ie 1/16" thick by ????" wide?

Lastly, has anyone tried these two mods? 

Page 6's work the springs is interesting but OTT for my purposes! 

Thanks,

Simon

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D78402.5458B660
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Attached is Del =
Border&#8217;s excellent work on, you guessed it, the overdrive. =
Doubtless, you&#8217;ve all got a copy. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Page 4, =
illustration 6.9. Can anyone tell me what the second handwritten figure =
is? ie, &#8220;Increase this dimension from 0.125&#8221; to =
?????&#8221;.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>And&#8230;..Page 5, paragraph starting, &#8220;Now to =
get the pressure&#8230;&#8221; Does anyone have the precise dimensions =
of these washers? ie 1/16&#8221; thick by ????&#8221; =
wide?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Lastly, has anyone tried these two mods? =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Page 6&#8217;s work the springs is interesting but OTT =
for my purposes! <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D78402.5458B660--

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D78402.5458B660
	name="The Overdrive.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="The Overdrive.pdf"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D78402.5458B660
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D78402.5458B660--