Subject: [Healeys] Exhaust header stud fix ?

From: Alan Seigrist via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 12:25:07 +0800

--===============1944524203891360512==

--00000000000079484e05bc5de3b8

All -

One of the three holes at the bottom of my exhaust header is loose and the
stud doesn't seat properly (but it does screw in).

I was thinking of putting some "thermosteel" or JB "extreme heat" in there
then tapping it out.

The threads are still there and it just needs a bit of fill to tighten it
up.

Has anyone ever done a similar repair?  Will it last?

Alan

--00000000000079484e05bc5de3b8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">All -<div><br></div><div>One of the three holes at the bot=
tom of my exhaust=C2=A0header is loose and the stud doesn&#39;t seat proper=
ly (but it does screw in).=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>I was thinking of=
 putting some &quot;thermosteel&quot; or JB &quot;extreme heat&quot; in the=
re then tapping it out.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>The threads ar=
e still there and it just needs a bit of fill to tighten it up.</div><div><=
br></div><div>Has anyone ever done a similar repair?=C2=A0 Will it last?</d=
iv><div><br></div><div>Alan</div></div>

--00000000000079484e05bc5de3b8--

--===============1944524203891360512==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1944524203891360512==--