Subject: [Healeys] "M" camshaft

From: S and T Miller via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 13:27:39 +0000

--===============1883529228263129286==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BL0PR04MB4881C3FBD5334FE18A0AE6A3D48B9BL0PR04MB4881namp_"

--_000_BL0PR04MB4881C3FBD5334FE18A0AE6A3D48B9BL0PR04MB4881namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I was wondering what driving/ idle characteristics would be like if a "M" c=
amshaft was installed in a otherwise stock engine/ carb setup? I lack knowl=
edge of camshaft degrees, duration, and all those technical details concern=
ing camshafts, but I'm interested in drivers seat impressions.  Seems "M" c=
amshaft are more readily available at the moment and for a much more reason=
able price.

And to take it a step further,  what about a "M" camshaft and "M" pistons w=
ith stock carb setup? Obviously driving the car prior to sourcing the "M" c=
arbs/intake.  Just curious.
Thank you,  Shawn

The Millers

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test dri=
ve."

--_000_BL0PR04MB4881C3FBD5334FE18A0AE6A3D48B9BL0PR04MB4881namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
</head>
<body>
<div>I was wondering what driving/ idle characteristics would be like if a =
&quot;M&quot; camshaft was installed in a otherwise stock engine/ carb setu=
p? I lack knowledge of camshaft degrees, duration, and all those technical =
details concerning camshafts, but I'm interested
 in drivers seat impressions.&nbsp; Seems &quot;M&quot; camshaft are more r=
eadily available at the moment and for a much more reasonable price.&nbsp;&=
nbsp;</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>And to take it a step further,&nbsp; what about a &quot;M&quot; camsha=
ft and &quot;M&quot; pistons with stock carb setup? Obviously driving the c=
ar prior to sourcing the &quot;M&quot; carbs/intake.&nbsp; Just curious.&nb=
sp;</div>
<div>Thank you,&nbsp; Shawn</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>The Millers<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&quot;Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a tes=
t drive.&quot;<br>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BL0PR04MB4881C3FBD5334FE18A0AE6A3D48B9BL0PR04MB4881namp_--

--===============1883529228263129286==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1883529228263129286==--