Subject: Re: [Healeys] Number of cars BN1 -BJ8 still out there

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 18:42:47 -0800

re: "There are less than 200 of the original 640 100-Ms accounted for."

Is this number from Bill Meade's 100M Registry?

Bob

ps. Of course, the old joke is that of the original 640 'factory' 100Ms 
built only about 3,000 remain ;)

On 2/10/2021 5:35 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Say, Perry- I am keeping track for the 1st year's production: 1274 
> cars in 1953.  I have about 300 accounted for, but no one knows just 
> how many of those original BN1s are still  on the road. If there is 
> 500, that would be amazing considering how much abuse these cars took 
> over the years.
>
> I have been compiling the list for years but just can't get the 
> cooperation of the community to come forward with their information. I 
> relied on healeydata.com for some of the listings, but that list too 
> is poorly attended and dated.
>
> If you know of any of these cars from chassis #138031 to 150363 please 
> have them go to the website: healeyhelper.com and fill in the form to 
> list their vehicle. I am getting some assistance from British Heritage 
> Museum.
>
> Currently we have 9 Healey Registries listed in Austin-Healey 
> Magazine, monthly from both clubs, but I do not know how complete 
> their lists are.  There are less than 200 of the original 640 100-Ms 
> accounted for. Check with Steve Byers as to how many BJ8 might still 
> be around. Lots of attrition there.
>
> Regards, Hank
>

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: "Graeme Molony" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 17:16:30 +1100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0309074463345483115==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_009C_01D70099.A360B7E0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01D70099.A360B7E0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Jeez Hank=20

The BJ8 looks easily restorable particularly down here in Aust. Just a =
bit of a cut and polish and away you go.

Wouldn=E2=80=99t be scrapping it in any event

Graeme M ( BJ8 )

=20

From: [email-masked]=20
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 12:35 PM
To: [email-masked]'=20
Cc: [email-masked]'=20
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Number of cars BN1 -BJ8 still out there

Say, Perry- I am keeping track for the 1st year's production:  1274 cars =
in 1953.  I have about 300 accounted for, but no one knows just how many =
of those original BN1s are still  on the road. If there is 500, that =
would be amazing considering how much abuse these cars took over the =
years.=20

I have been compiling the list for years but just can't get the =
cooperation of the community to come forward with their information. I =
relied on healeydata.com for some of the listings, but that list too is =
poorly attended and dated.

If you know of any of these cars from chassis #138031 to 150363 please =
have them go to the website: healeyhelper.com and fill in the form to =
list their vehicle. I am getting some assistance from British Heritage =
Museum.

Currently we have 9 Healey Registries listed in Austin-Healey Magazine, =
monthly from both clubs, but I do not know how complete their lists are. =
 There are less than 200 of the original 640 100-Ms accounted for. Check =
with Steve Byers as to how many BJ8 might still be around. Lots of =
attrition there.

Regards, Hank

-----------------------------------------

From: "healeyguy--- via Healeys"=20
To: "[email-masked]"
Cc:=20
Sent: Wednesday February 10 2021 3:01:39PM
Subject: [Healeys] Number of cars BN1 -BJ8 still out there

Listers
Had a thought today, after a brisk walk in the snow, about how many of =
the approximately 72,000 big Austin Healeys built are still out there. =20
Anyone keeping up with the registry folks for a current count?=20
Perry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys =
http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01D70099.A360B7E0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Jeez Hank </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The BJ8 looks easily restorable particularly down here in Aust. =
Just a bit=20
of a cut and polish and away you go.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Wouldn=E2=80=99t be scrapping it in any event</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Graeme M ( BJ8 )</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: =
#000000">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: =
#000000"><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
title=[email-masked]>[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, February 11, 2021 12:35 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]>[email-masked]'</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Cc:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]>[email-masked]'</A>=20
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Healeys] Number of cars BN1 -BJ8 still out=20
there</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>Say,=20
Perry- I am keeping track for the 1st year's production:&nbsp; 1274 cars =
in=20
1953.&nbsp; I have about 300 accounted for, but no one knows just how =
many of=20
those original BN1s are still&nbsp; on the road. If there is 500, that =
would be=20
amazing considering how much abuse these cars took over the years.=20
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have been compiling the list for years but just can't get the =
cooperation=20
of the community to come forward with their information. I relied on=20
healeydata.com for some of the listings, but that list too is poorly =
attended=20
and dated.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you know of any of these cars from chassis #138031 to 150363 =
please have=20
them go to the website: healeyhelper.com and fill in the form to list =
their=20
vehicle. I am getting some assistance from British Heritage =
Museum.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Currently we have 9 Healey Registries listed in Austin-Healey =
Magazine,=20
monthly from both clubs, but I do not know how complete their lists =
are.&nbsp;=20
There are less than 200 of the original 640 100-Ms accounted for. Check =
with=20
Steve Byers as to how many BJ8 might still be around. Lots of attrition=20
there.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards, Hank<BR><BR>
<DIV class=3Dreply-new-signature></DIV>
<P>-----------------------------------------</P>From: "healeyguy--- via =
Healeys"=20
<HEALEYS @AUTOX.TEAM.NET><BR>To: "[email-masked]"<BR>Cc: =
<BR>Sent:=20
Wednesday February 10 2021 3:01:39PM<BR>Subject: [Healeys] Number of =
cars BN1=20
-BJ8 still out there<BR><BR>
<DIV style=3D"COLOR: #000000; FONT: 10pt arial, helvetica, sans-serif">
<DIV>Listers</DIV>Had a thought today, after a brisk walk in the snow, =
about how=20
many of the approximately 72,000 big Austin Healeys built are still out=20
there.&nbsp;=20
<DIV>Anyone keeping up with the registry folks for a current count?=20
<DIV>Perry</DIV></DIV></DIV></[email-masked]></DIV>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>Support Team.Net=20
$12.75<BR><BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys=20
http://autox.team.net/archive<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR><BR=
></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01D70099.A360B7E0--

--===============0309074463345483115==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0309074463345483115==--