Subject: [Healeys] 100 side cover setscrew washers

From: Mark Donaldson via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 23:02:34 +1300

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0777029945198895309==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0003_01D70A37.FA53BD70"
Content-Language: en-nz

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D70A37.FA53BD70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Listers,

Under the 15 setscrews that hold the side cover in place the Parts Manual
lists fibre washers.  2K 4974

How effective are these over a long period of time?

The old orange ones on my 1956 BN2 are not in good shape.

I was wondering if it might not be better, and more leak-proof, to use
annealed copper washers. 

What is the experience and wisdom of the list?

Mark

Ardmore, NZ

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D70A37.FA53BD70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-NZ =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>Listers,<o:p><=
/o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>Under the 15 =
setscrews <span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>that</span> hold the side cover =
in place the Parts Manual lists <b>fibre</b> washers.&nbsp; 2K =
4974<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>How effective =
are these over a long period of time?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>The <span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>old </span>orange ones on my 1956 BN2 are not in =
good shape.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>I was =
wondering if it might not be better, and more leak-proof, to use =
annealed copper washers. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>What is the =
experience and wisdom of the list?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>Mark<o:p></o:p=
></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>Ardmore, =
NZ<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D70A37.FA53BD70--

--===============0777029945198895309==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0777029945198895309==--

---

From: warthodson--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 14:32:54 +0000 (UTC)

--===============8693234924582056447==
	boundary="----=_Part_1215708_1550945779.1614090774881"

------=_Part_1215708_1550945779.1614090774881
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Mark,Here is another option to consider (stat-o-seals):https://www.pegasusa=
utoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3D3245&utm_source=3Dgoogle&utm_m=
edium=3Dcpc&utm_campaign=3D3245&gclid=3DEAIaIQobChMIoIrJyJuA7wIVScDICh2mzAi=
UEAQYAiABEgIeSPD_BwE
They are aluminum crush washers with rubber inner o-ring seal (Buna-N rubbe=
r is resistant to water, oil, and petroleum fuels).Gary=C2=A0
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Donaldson via Healeys <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Tue, Feb 23, 2021 4:02 am
Subject: [Healeys] 100 side cover setscrew washers

<!--#yiv0259699127 _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {}#yiv0259699127 #yi=
v0259699127 p.yiv0259699127MsoNormal, #yiv0259699127 li.yiv0259699127MsoNor=
mal, #yiv0259699127 div.yiv0259699127MsoNormal {margin:0cm;font-size:11.0pt=
;font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;}#yiv0259699127 span.yiv0259699127EmailS=
tyle19 {font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;color:#1F497D;}#yiv0259699127 .yi=
v0259699127MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered {}#yiv0259699127 div=
.yiv0259699127WordSection1 {}-->=C2=A0Listers, =C2=A0Under the 15 setscrews=
 that hold the side cover in place the Parts Manual lists fibre washers.=C2=
=A0 2K 4974How effective are these over a long period of time?The old orang=
e ones on my 1956 BN2 are not in good shape.I was wondering if it might not=
 be better, and more leak-proof, to use annealed copper washers.  =C2=A0Wha=
t is the experience and wisdom of the list? =C2=A0MarkArdmore, NZ

------=_Part_1215708_1550945779.1614090774881
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Comic Sans MS, sans-serif;">Mark,
<div>Here is another option to consider (stat-o-seals):</div>

<div>https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3245&amp;utm_source=google&amp;utm_medium=cpc&amp;utm_campaign=3245&amp;gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoIrJyJuA7wIVScDICh2mzAiUEAQYAiABEgIeSPD_BwE<br>
They are aluminum crush washers with rubber inner o-ring seal (<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px;">Buna-N rubber is resistant to water, oil, and petroleum fuels).</span></div>

<div><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 11px;">Gary&nbsp;</span></font></div>

<div><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 11px;"><br>
</span></font>
<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Mark Donaldson via Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked]<br>
Sent: Tue, Feb 23, 2021 4:02 am<br>
Subject: [Healeys] 100 side cover setscrew washers<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv0259699127"><style><!--
#yiv0259699127  
 _filtered {}
 _filtered {}
 _filtered {}
#yiv0259699127  
#yiv0259699127 p.yiv0259699127MsoNormal, #yiv0259699127 li.yiv0259699127MsoNormal, #yiv0259699127 div.yiv0259699127MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;}
#yiv0259699127 span.yiv0259699127EmailStyle19
	{font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;color:#1F497D;}
#yiv0259699127 .yiv0259699127MsoChpDefault
	{font-size:10.0pt;}
 _filtered {}
#yiv0259699127 div.yiv0259699127WordSection1
	{}
--></style>
<div>
<div class="yiv0259699127WordSection1">
<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal">&nbsp;</div>

<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;, sans-serif;">Listers,</span></div>

<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;, sans-serif;"> &nbsp;</span></div>

<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;, sans-serif;">Under the 15 setscrews <span style="color:#1F497D;">that</span> hold the side cover in place the Parts Manual lists <b>fibre</b> washers.&nbsp; 2K 4974</span></div>

<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;, sans-serif;">How effective are these over a long period of time?</span></div>

<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;, sans-serif;">The <span style="color:#1F497D;">old </span>orange ones on my 1956 BN2 are not in good shape.</span></div>

<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;, sans-serif;">I was wondering if it might not be better, and more leak-proof, to use annealed copper washers. </span></div>

<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;, sans-serif;"> &nbsp;</span></div>

<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;, sans-serif;">What is the experience and wisdom of the list?</span></div>

<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;, sans-serif;"> &nbsp;</span></div>

<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;, sans-serif;">Mark</span></div>

<div class="yiv0259699127MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;, sans-serif;">Ardmore, NZ</span></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<br>
</font></div>
</div>
</div>

------=_Part_1215708_1550945779.1614090774881--

--===============8693234924582056447==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8693234924582056447==--