Subject: [Healeys] Renewing the clutch

From: Paul Leeks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 19:20:16 +0000

--===============4477805418130727758==

--000000000000c99af405baafd53a

Hi chaps

The clutch on my 100/6 BN4 is starting to slip a bit. So, I am thinking of
replacing it.

The question is ... is it possible/practical to change it in situ (without
removing the gearbox and the engine from the car)?

ie: lift off transmission tunnel, undo and drop propshaft, disconnect
gearbox from engine (no overdrive) and move it backwards on a jack, change
clutch and put it all back together?

As always, any advice very gratefully received.

Many thanks

Paul Leeks
100/6 BN4
Lancashire, UK

--000000000000c99af405baafd53a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi chaps<br><br>The clutch on my 100/6 BN4 is starting to =
slip a bit. So, I am thinking of replacing it.<br><br>The question is ... i=
s it possible/practical to change it in situ (without removing the gearbox =
and the engine from the car)?<br><br>ie: lift off transmission tunnel, undo=
 and drop propshaft, disconnect gearbox from engine (no overdrive) and move=
 it backwards on a jack, change clutch and put it all back together?<br><br=
>As always, any advice very gratefully received.<br><br>Many thanks<br><br>=
Paul Leeks<br>100/6 BN4<br>Lancashire, UK</div>

--000000000000c99af405baafd53a--

--===============4477805418130727758==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4477805418130727758==--