Subject: [Healeys] Timing Chain Tensioners

From: Michael Salter via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 12:10:17 -0500

--000000000000fe00af05bbefe0e8

--000000000000fe00ab05bbefe0e6

I note that the usual suspects all now seem to be selling 2 grades of 6
cylinder timing chain tensioners.
As far as I know the more expensive variety, which are 5 times the cost of
the less expensive type, are relatively new on the market. They are
apparently made in France and come in a Jaguar/ Land Rover package.
These are slightly different from the originals in that there is a
lubrication hole in the rubber pad that I don't recall seeing on any others
that I have used.
In my experience until very recently the rubber slippers were not a problem
on these tensioners but wear of the piston was pretty common on higher
milage ones.
My question is are these "Premium " grade tensioners significantly better
and are they worth the extra cost?

--000000000000fe00ab05bbefe0e6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">I note that the usual suspects all now seem to be selling=
 2 grades of 6 cylinder timing chain tensioners.<div dir=3D"auto">As far as=
 I=C2=A0know the more expensive variety, which are 5 times the cost of the =
less expensive type, are relatively new on the market. They are apparently =
made in France and come in a Jaguar/ Land Rover package.</div><div dir=3D"a=
uto">These are slightly different from the originals in that there is a lub=
rication hole in the rubber pad that I don&#39;t recall seeing on any other=
s that I have used.</div><div dir=3D"auto">In my experience until very rece=
ntly the rubber slippers were not a problem on these tensioners but wear of=
 the piston was pretty common on higher milage ones.</div><div dir=3D"auto"=
>My question is are these &quot;Premium &quot; grade tensioners significant=
ly better and are they worth the extra=C2=A0cost?</div></div>

--000000000000fe00ab05bbefe0e6--

--000000000000fe00af05bbefe0e8
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="20210222_120128.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <177cab17003ec8b949b1>

--000000000000fe00af05bbefe0e8
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="20210222_120850.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <177cab78f21638501372>

--000000000000fe00af05bbefe0e8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--000000000000fe00af05bbefe0e8--