Subject: [Healeys] LED headlight and aux light conversion

From: "Bruce Steele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 15:28:37 -0800 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_03F4_01D5DAA6.9CD32FD0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_03F4_01D5DAA6.9CD32FD0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_03F5_01D5DAA6.9CD32FD0"

------=_NextPart_001_03F5_01D5DAA6.9CD32FD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I posted this on the various Healey Facebook pages, but recognizing that not
everyone does Facebook, I'll add to the list.  I finally got around to
converting my halogen sealed beams to LED using the kit from Little British
Car Company.  Even though the price went up a few dollars since I bought the
kit, it is still a great value (currently $81.00).  After much searching, I
also found LEDs to replace the P36S incandescent bulbs in my auxiliary
lights at LEDLight.com, part #74869W.  I had to spend some time on a
deserted side road aiming everything, but I am very happy with the results.
The attached photo clearly shows the difference.  I don't out-drive my
lights anymore!

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

------=_NextPart_001_03F5_01D5DAA6.9CD32FD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
	panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.3l3v
	{mso-style-name:_3l3v;}
span.3l3w
	{mso-style-name:_3l3w;}
span.EmailStyle24
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif'>I =
posted this on the various Healey Facebook pages, but recognizing that =
not everyone does Facebook, I&#8217;ll add to the list.&nbsp; I finally =
got around to converting my halogen sealed beams to </span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif'>LED =
using the kit from Little British Car Company.&nbsp; Even though the =
price went up a few dollars since I bought the kit, it is still a great =
value (currently $81.00).&nbsp; After much searching, I also found LEDs =
to replace the P36S incandescent bulbs in my auxiliary lights at =
LEDLight.com, part #74869W. &nbsp;I had to spend some time on a deserted =
side road aiming everything, but I am very happy with the results.&nbsp; =
The attached photo clearly shows the difference.&nbsp; I don&#8217;t =
out-drive my lights anymore!</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Bruce Steele<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Brea, CA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>1960 =
BN7<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_03F5_01D5DAA6.9CD32FD0--

------=_NextPart_000_03F4_01D5DAA6.9CD32FD0
	name="Healey with LEDs.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Healey with LEDs.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_03F4_01D5DAA6.9CD32FD0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_03F4_01D5DAA6.9CD32FD0--

---

From: Peter Dzwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 17:56:08 +0000

Great to see Bruce. Outdriving your lights is always an issue. Glad to
see it solved.

Peter

On 03/02/2020 23:28, Bruce Steele wrote:
> I posted this on the various Healey Facebook pages, but recognizing that
> not everyone does Facebook, I’ll add to the list.  I finally got around
> to converting my halogen sealed beams to LED using the kit from Little
> British Car Company.  Even though the price went up a few dollars since
> I bought the kit, it is still a great value (currently $81.00).  After
> much searching, I also found LEDs to replace the P36S incandescent bulbs
> in my auxiliary lights at LEDLight.com, part #74869W.  I had to spend
> some time on a deserted side road aiming everything, but I am very happy
> with the results.  The attached photo clearly shows the difference.  I
> don’t out-drive my lights anymore!
> 
>  
> 
> Bruce Steele
> 
> Brea, CA
> 
> 1960 BN7
> 
> 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 

-- 

Dr. Peter Dzwig

[email-masked]

ox.team.net