Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Phase 1 Hooters

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 15:50:41 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1218726615789472233==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000A_01D5E5AA.03C6AA10"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01D5E5AA.03C6AA10
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_000B_01D5E5AA.03C6AA10"

------=_NextPart_001_000B_01D5E5AA.03C6AA10
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

My car is BJ8L25675 has the flat tabs

=20

BJ8L25676 was on BAT a few months ago and also had flat tabs.

=20

=20

=20

=20

From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Michael =
Salter
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 2:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Phase 1 Hooters

=20

I have a concours question for those folks with knowledge of the BJ8 =
Phase 1.

We are trying to determine which horns were used on these cars.

The original Service Parts List indicates that during production of the =
BJ7 the horns changed from BHA4444 & BHA4445 to BHA4515 and BHA4514.

The at HBJ825315 which is the beginning of BJ8 production the horns =
changed again to 13H2109 and 13H2110.

=20

We don't quite understand what these changes actually were and how to =
identify the different versions of these Lucas horns.  Can anyone help?

=20

To add to the confusion my first Healey was a late Phase 1 HBJ8L 26036 =
and although it was very rusty when I got it it was relatively low =
mileage and very original.=20

It had horns with sticky out terminals like this.

Can anyone with a very original early BJ8 let me know if it has this =
style of horn terminals.

=20

------=_NextPart_001_000B_01D5E5AA.03C6AA10
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.gmaildefault
	{mso-style-name:gmail_default;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>My car is BJ8L25675 has the flat tabs<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>BJ8L25676 =
was on BAT a few months ago and also had flat tabs.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> =
Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Michael Salter<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, February 17, 2020 2:58 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] BJ8 =
Phase 1 Hooters<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS"'>I have a concours question for those folks with knowledge of =
the BJ8 Phase 1.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS"'>We are trying to determine which horns were used on these =
cars.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS"'>The original =
Service Parts List indicates that during production of the BJ7 the horns =
changed from BHA4444 &amp; BHA4445 to BHA4515 and =
BHA4514.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS"'>The at HBJ825315 =
which is the beginning of BJ8 production the horns changed again to =
13H2109 and 13H2110.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS"'>We don't quite understand what these changes actually were and =
how to identify the different versions of these Lucas horns.&nbsp; Can =
anyone help?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS"'>To add to the =
confusion my first Healey was a late Phase 1 HBJ8L 26036 and although it =
was very rusty when I got it it was relatively low mileage and very =
original. <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>It had =
horns with sticky out terminals like this<span =
class=3Dgmaildefault><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS"'>.</span></span><img width=3D539 height=3D500 =
style=3D'width:5.6166in;height:5.2083in' id=3D"Picture_x0020_1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><div=
><p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS"'>Can anyone with a very original early BJ8 let me know if it =
has this style of horn terminals.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_000B_01D5E5AA.03C6AA10--

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01D5E5AA.03C6AA10
	name="image001.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01D5E5AA.03C6AA10--

--===============1218726615789472233==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1218726615789472233==--

---

From: John Vrugtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 20:37:34 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0618939792972538468==
 boundary="------------0D70057C333B3242C7D74CD2"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------0D70057C333B3242C7D74CD2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Michael,  I have a early phase I, 25856 bought new.  Right now only has 
one horn with side spade connectors.

John

On 2/17/2020 5:58 PM, Michael Salter wrote:
> I have a concours question for those folks with knowledge of the BJ8 
> Phase 1.
> The original Service Parts List indicates that during production of 
> the BJ7 the horns changed from BHA4444 & BHA4445 to BHA4515 and BHA4514.
> The at HBJ825315 which is the beginning of BJ8 production the horns 
> We don't quite understand what these changes actually were and how to 
> To add to the confusion my first Healey was a late Phase 1 HBJ8L 26036 
> and although it was very rusty when I got it it was relatively low 
> mileage and very original.
> It had horns with sticky out terminals like this.image.png
> Can anyone with a very original early BJ8 let me know if it has this 
> style of horn terminals.
>
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------0D70057C333B3242C7D74CD2
 boundary="------------E838FF3AF140B9AD1CDD4956"

--------------E838FF3AF140B9AD1CDD4956
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Michael,  I have a early phase I, 25856 bought new.  Right now only
    has one horn with side spade connectors.<br>
    <br>
    John<br>
    <br>
    <img moz-do-not-send="false"
      src="cid:[email-masked]" alt="" width="320"
      height="240"><br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/17/2020 5:58 PM, Michael Salter
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I have a concours question for
          those folks with knowledge of the BJ8 Phase 1.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">We are trying to determine
          which horns were used on these cars.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">The original Service Parts List
          indicates that during production of the BJ7 the horns changed
          from BHA4444 &amp; BHA4445 to BHA4515 and BHA4514.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">The at HBJ825315 which is the
          beginning of BJ8 production the horns changed again to 13H2109
          and 13H2110.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">We don't quite understand what
          these changes actually were and how to identify the different
          versions of these Lucas horns.  Can anyone help?<br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br>
        </div>
        <div style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small" class="gmail_default">To add to
          the confusion my first Healey was a late Phase 1 HBJ8L 26036
          and although it was very rusty when I got it it was relatively
          low mileage and very original. <br>
        </div>
        <div>It had horns with sticky out terminals like this<span
            class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
            ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">.</span><img
            src="cid:[email-masked]" alt="image.png"
            class="" width="539" height="500"><br>
        </div>
        <div style="font-family:comic sans
          ms,sans-serif;font-size:small" class="gmail_default">
          <div>Can anyone with a very original early BJ8 let me know if
            it has this style of horn terminals.<br>
          </div>
        </div>
        <br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------E838FF3AF140B9AD1CDD4956
 name="IMG_0003.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="IMG_0003.jpg"

--------------E838FF3AF140B9AD1CDD4956
 name="image.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="image.png"

--------------E838FF3AF140B9AD1CDD4956--

--------------0D70057C333B3242C7D74CD2--

--===============0618939792972538468==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0618939792972538468==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 18:09:03 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4213156275682458180==
 boundary="------------5F31B01CC784A8B3D5E8B6B2"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------5F31B01CC784A8B3D5E8B6B2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

My BJ8--67HBJ8L38652--built in November, 1966 has the 'vertical' type 
spade connectors (at least, it has a couple that haven't snapped off).  
I've had it for 35 years and it had about 64K miles on it when I bought 
it and I don't think the horns were touched (until I took them apart for 
some reason I don't remember).

On 2/17/2020 5:37 PM, John Vrugtman wrote:
> has one horn with side spade connectors.
>
> John
>
>
>
>> To add to the confusion my first Healey was a late Phase 1 HBJ8L 
>> 26036 and although it was very rusty when I got it it was relatively 
>> low mileage and very original.
>> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys  http://autox.team.net/archive
>>
>> [email-masked]
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------5F31B01CC784A8B3D5E8B6B2
 boundary="------------36E80DFB9BCA6705EFFEC2AE"

--------------36E80DFB9BCA6705EFFEC2AE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    My BJ8--67HBJ8L38652--built in November, 1966 has the 'vertical'
    type spade connectors (at least, it has a couple that haven't
    snapped off).  I've had it for 35 years and it had about 64K miles
    on it when I bought it and I don't think the horns were touched
    (until I took them apart for some reason I don't remember).<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/17/2020 5:37 PM, John Vrugtman
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      Michael,  I have a early phase I, 25856 bought new.  Right now
      only has one horn with side spade connectors.<br>
      <br>
      John<br>
      <br>
      <img moz-do-not-send="false"
        src="cid:[email-masked]" alt="" class=""
        width="320" height="240"><br>
      <br>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/17/2020 5:58 PM, Michael Salter
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
        <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
          charset=UTF-8">
        <div dir="ltr">
          <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
            ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I have a concours question
            for those folks with knowledge of the BJ8 Phase 1.</div>
          <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
            ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">We are trying to determine
            which horns were used on these cars.</div>
          <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
            ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">The original Service Parts
            List indicates that during production of the BJ7 the horns
            changed from BHA4444 &amp; BHA4445 to BHA4515 and BHA4514.</div>
          <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
            ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">The at HBJ825315 which is the
            beginning of BJ8 production the horns changed again to
            13H2109 and 13H2110.</div>
          <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
            ms,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br>
          </div>
          <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
            ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">We don't quite understand
            what these changes actually were and how to identify the
            different versions of these Lucas horns.  Can anyone help?<br>
          </div>
          <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
            ms,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br>
          </div>
          <div style="font-family:comic sans
            ms,sans-serif;font-size:small" class="gmail_default">To add
            to the confusion my first Healey was a late Phase 1 HBJ8L
            26036 and although it was very rusty when I got it it was
            relatively low mileage and very original. <br>
          </div>
          <div>It had horns with sticky out terminals like this<span
              class="gmail_default" style="font-family:comic sans
              ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">.</span><img
              src="cid:[email-masked]"
              alt="image.png" class="" width="539" height="500"><br>
          </div>
          <div style="font-family:comic sans
            ms,sans-serif;font-size:small" class="gmail_default">
            <div>Can anyone with a very original early BJ8 let me know
              if it has this style of horn terminals.<br>
            </div>
          </div>
          <br>
        </div>
        <br>
        <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <br>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------36E80DFB9BCA6705EFFEC2AE
 name="IMG_0003.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="IMG_0003.jpg"

--------------36E80DFB9BCA6705EFFEC2AE
 name="image.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="image.png"

--------------36E80DFB9BCA6705EFFEC2AE--

--------------5F31B01CC784A8B3D5E8B6B2--

--===============4213156275682458180==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4213156275682458180==--