Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Voltage regulator

From: Oliver Viitamaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 17:42:08 -0700

What is the current thought on getting a replacement for a RB340 
Voltage Regulator? Which supplier? I'm at the moment not interested in 
sending the regulator in for a rebuild.

     The car is still positive ground, and I'm leaning to a replacement 
mechanical regulator, assuming that a Lucas one can be found. I can be 
convinced to go electronic, and convert to negative ground, given enough 
evidence.

      Background: I went to wash the car, and noticed that the red 
Ignition light came on, as it should, when the key was turned, went off 
as expected when the engine was idling. As soon as the engine was 
speed-ed up, at about 1500 rpm, the ignition light would brighten, come 
back on. Troubleshooting so far, I completed the Lucas RB340 generator 
checkout, procedure successfully, and as a crosscheck, I successfully 
ran it as a motor. Then I turned my focus to the Lucas RB340 regulator 
checkout procedure, and it showed that Open Circuit setting out of spec, 
could not be adjusted in and the swamp resistor was out of spec.

     ov

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]