Subject: [Healeys] Tire tube valve stem and wheel rim issue?

From: Tom Morrione <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 15:07:42 -0400

--===============0109791998334400745==

--000000000000e7b11d058b617a44

FWIW -- something to check that I hadn't thought needed checking.

I had a slow leak in a new tire and found that the tube stem had been
rubbed or cut through by the rim. This doesn't happen in normal use --right?

Just wondering whether anyone else has had the edge of the hole on a new
spoke wheel rim (from Moss) cut the valve stem on the tube? (I didn't
install the tube and tire so maybe the installer pulled or wiggled it too
hard?)

I filed the hole so there's a bit of a chamfered edge to it now. Never had
to do that with old  ones I've had (back into the 60s). I saw (can't recall
where) someone sells little push in sleeves for the rim holes.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
65 and 67 BJ8s

PS -- Congrats Ira. I'm sure they miss you already!

--000000000000e7b11d058b617a44
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr">FWIW -- something to check that I hadn&#3=
9;t thought needed checking.</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"lt=
r">I had a slow leak in a new tire and found that the tube stem had been ru=
bbed or cut through by the rim. This doesn&#39;t happen in normal use --rig=
ht?</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Just wondering whether=
 anyone else has had the edge of the hole on a new spoke wheel rim (from Mo=
ss) cut the valve stem on the tube? (I didn&#39;t install the tube and tire=
 so maybe the installer pulled or wiggled it too hard?)=C2=A0<div><br></div=
><div>I filed the hole so there&#39;s a bit of a chamfered edge to it now. =
Never had to do that with old =C2=A0ones I&#39;ve had (back into the 60s). =
I saw (can&#39;t recall where) someone sells little push in sleeves for the=
 rim holes.=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks in advance,</div><div>Tom=
</div><div>65 and 67 BJ8s</div><div><br></div><div>PS -- Congrats Ira. I&#3=
9;m sure they miss you already!</div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div></=
div>

--000000000000e7b11d058b617a44--

--===============0109791998334400745==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0109791998334400745==--