Subject: Re: [Healeys] waterless coolant

From: Kees Oudesluijs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:38:12 +0200

I would not be very surprised if it is similar.

Op 4-6-2019 om 05:52 schreef healeymanjim:
> would not a couple of gallons of regular antifreeze, not the 50/50 mix, be the same as waterless coolant?
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Bruce Steele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:29:12 -0700

No, it's a different glycol from what I understand after researching
options, including Evans.

Bruce Steele
Brea, CA
1960 BN7

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
healeymanjim
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2019 8:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] waterless coolant

would not a couple of gallons of regular antifreeze, not the 50/50 mix, be
the same as waterless coolant?
_______________________________________________
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:39:06 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0693427167235670033==
 boundary="------------92B64486F0168B7B82E18455"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------92B64486F0168B7B82E18455
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Different, and better:

"If it did not freeze, water would be the ideal heat-transfer fluid for 
cooling applications. ... Between the two, *ethylene glycol* (C2H6O2) is 
a better heat transfer fluid than *propylene glycol* (C3H8O2). 
*Propylene glycol* is less toxic and is considered when toxicity is a 
concern."

- 
http://www.veoliawatertech.com/crownsolutions/ressources/documents/2/21823,Glycol.pdf

Evans is propylene; its only advantage is its (relative) non-toxicity.  
The only thing I ever disliked about Edd China was when he did a plug 
for 'waterless coolant' (he didn't name the brand, but the jug looked 
like Evans).  He put it in a TR6 IIRC.

Bob

> the same as waterless coolant?

--------------92B64486F0168B7B82E18455
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>Different, and better:</p>
    <p>"<span class="ILfuVd"><span class="e24Kjd">If it did not freeze,
          water would be the ideal heat-transfer fluid for cooling
          applications. ... Between the two, <b>ethylene glycol</b>
          (C2H6O2) is a better heat transfer fluid than <b>propylene
            glycol</b> (C3H8O2). <b>Propylene glycol</b> is less toxic
          and is considered when toxicity is a concern."</span></span></p>
    <p><span class="ILfuVd"><span class="e24Kjd">-
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.veoliawatertech.com/crownsolutions/ressources/documents/2/21823,Glycol.pdf">http://www.veoliawatertech.com/crownsolutions/ressources/documents/2/21823,Glycol.pdf</a><br>
        </span></span></p>
    <p><span class="ILfuVd"><span class="e24Kjd">Evans is propylene; its
          only advantage is its (relative) non-toxicity.  The only thing
          I ever disliked about Edd China was when he did a plug for
          'waterless coolant' (he didn't name the brand, but the jug
          looked like Evans).  He put it in a TR6 IIRC.<br>
        </span></span></p>
    <p><span class="ILfuVd"><span class="e24Kjd">Bob</span></span></p>
    <p><span class="ILfuVd"><span class="e24Kjd"><br>
        </span></span></p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/4/2019 8:29 AM, Bruce Steele
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">No, it's a different glycol from what I understand after researching
options, including Evans.

Bruce Steele
Brea, CA
1960 BN7

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] On Behalf Of
healeymanjim
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2019 8:52 PM
To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Subject: [Healeys] waterless coolant

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------92B64486F0168B7B82E18455--

--===============0693427167235670033==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0693427167235670033==--