Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lucas Advertisements

From: warthodson--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 23:54:07 +0000 (UTC)

--===============3790860836212220931==
	boundary="----=_Part_1038226_1920301447.1560470047659"

------=_Part_1038226_1920301447.1560470047659
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Patrick,I searched many of my old magazines but could not find a Lucas Ad s=
pecifically referencing Austin-Healey.However, I did find two interesting i=
ssues of "The Autocar" of special interest.2 July 1954 has a full page adve=
rtisement on the back cover by Wilmot Breeden with a beautiful engraving of=
 an Austin-Healey 100 parked in front of a cricket pitch. It is in black, g=
reen & yellow. I think I have sent this to you before but I can scan it aga=
in if you want it.
October 2, 1953 (The Autocar) contains 20-40 congratulatory Ads from every =
supplier imaginable including Austin-Healey's own self congratulatory Ad fo=
r world record smashing performance. "World's fastest production car under =
3000 cc. capacity". Many are full page Ads. Lucas has a full page Ad on the=
 back cover for their headlights, but does not mention Austin-Healey. Since=
 many, if not most or even all, British car manufacturers used Lucas electr=
onics they probably did not want to offend any customers. =C2=A0
Gary Hodson
-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick & Caroline Quinn <[email-masked]>

&lt;!-- #yiv7993411470 _filtered #yiv7993411470 {font-family:"Cambria Math"=
;panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv7993411470 {font-family:Calib=
ri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} #yiv7993411470 #yiv7993411470 p.yiv79934=
11470MsoNormal, #yiv7993411470 li.yiv7993411470MsoNormal, #yiv7993411470 di=
v.yiv7993411470MsoNormal {margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt=
;font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";} #yiv7993411470 a:link, #yiv799341147=
0 span.yiv7993411470MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} #y=
iv7993411470 a:visited, #yiv7993411470 span.yiv7993411470MsoHyperlinkFollow=
ed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;} #yiv7993411470 span.yiv7993411=
470EmailStyle17 {font-family:"Times New Roman", "serif";color:windowtext;} =
#yiv7993411470 .yiv7993411470MsoChpDefault {font-family:"Calibri", "sans-se=
rif";} _filtered #yiv7993411470 {margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;} #yiv7=
993411470 div.yiv7993411470WordSection1 {} --&gt;Hello =C2=A0Over the last =
year and a half I have included a series in the Australian Austin-Healey ca=
lled =E2=80=98Who Made What!=E2=80=99 and there have been articles on what =
companies made various Austin-Healey components. =C2=A0So far that=E2=80=99=
s included chassis, body panels, tyres, spark plugs, brightwork and instrum=
ents. =C2=A0Next I want to write about Lucas Industries, but as with those =
companies covered previously I would like to include period press advertise=
ments, especially those including Austin-Healeys. =C2=A0So if anyone would =
have copies of period Lucas Industries press ads that can send me it would =
be greatly appreciated. =C2=A0Many thanks =C2=A0Patrick QuinnBlue Mountains=
, Australia

|=20
 |  |

------=_Part_1038226_1920301447.1560470047659
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div style=3D"color:black;font: 10pt arial;">
<div>Patrick,</div>

<div>I searched many of my old magazines but could not find a Lucas Ad spec=
ifically referencing Austin-Healey.</div>

<div>However, I did find two interesting issues of "The Autocar" of special=
 interest.</div>

<div>2 July 1954 has a full page advertisement on the back cover by Wilmot =
Breeden with a beautiful engraving of an Austin-Healey 100 parked in front =
of a cricket pitch. It is in black, green &amp; yellow. I think I have sent=
 this to you before but I can scan it again if you want it.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>October 2, 1953 (The Autocar) contains 20-40 congratulatory Ads from e=
very supplier imaginable including Austin-Healey's own self congratulatory =
Ad for world record smashing performance. "World's fastest production car u=
nder 3000 cc. capacity". Many are full page Ads. Lucas has a full page Ad o=
n the back cover for their headlights, but does not mention Austin-Healey. =
Since many, if not most or even all, British car manufacturers used Lucas e=
lectronics they probably did not want to offend any customers. &nbsp;</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Gary Hodson</div>
<br>

<div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----=
Original Message-----<br>
From: Patrick &amp; Caroline Quinn &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<br>

<div id=3D"yiv7993411470"><style>&lt;!-- #yiv7993411470    _filtered #yiv79=
93411470 {font-family:"Cambria Math";panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}  _filte=
red #yiv7993411470 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} #yi=
v7993411470   #yiv7993411470 p.yiv7993411470MsoNormal, #yiv7993411470 li.yi=
v7993411470MsoNormal, #yiv7993411470 div.yiv7993411470MsoNormal  {margin:0c=
m;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif=
";} #yiv7993411470 a:link, #yiv7993411470 span.yiv7993411470MsoHyperlink  {=
color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} #yiv7993411470 a:visited, #yiv799341=
1470 span.yiv7993411470MsoHyperlinkFollowed  {color:purple;text-decoration:=
underline;} #yiv7993411470 span.yiv7993411470EmailStyle17  {font-family:"Ti=
mes New Roman", "serif";color:windowtext;} #yiv7993411470 .yiv7993411470Mso=
ChpDefault  {font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";}  _filtered #yiv799341147=
0 {margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;} #yiv7993411470 div.yiv7993411470Wor=
dSection1  {} --&gt;</style>
<div>
<div class=3D"yiv7993411470WordSection1">
<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'>Hello</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'> &nbsp;</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'>Over the last year and a half I have included a series i=
n the Australian Austin-Healey called =E2=80=98Who Made What!=E2=80=99 and =
there have been articles on what companies made various Austin-Healey compo=
nents.</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'> &nbsp;</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'>So far that=E2=80=99s included chassis, body panels, tyr=
es, spark plugs, brightwork and instruments.</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'> &nbsp;</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'>Next I want to write about Lucas Industries, but as with=
 those companies covered previously I would like to include period press ad=
vertisements, especially those including Austin-Healeys.</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'> &nbsp;</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'>So if anyone would have copies of period Lucas Industrie=
s press ads that can send me it would be greatly appreciated.</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'> &nbsp;</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'>Many thanks</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'> &nbsp;</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'>Patrick Quinn</span></div>

<div class=3D"yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span style=3D'font-family:"Times New=
 Roman", "serif";'>Blue Mountains, Australia</span></div>
</div>

<div id=3D"yiv7993411470DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br>

<table style=3D"border-top:1px solid #D3D4DE;">
=09<tbody><tr>
        <td style=3D"width:55px;padding-top:13px;"><u><font color=3D"#00002=
5"></font></u><br>
</td><td style=3D"width:470px;padding-top:12px;color:#41424e;font-size:13px=
;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:18px;"></td></tr></tb=
ody></table></div>
</div>
</div>
<br>
</div>
</div>

------=_Part_1038226_1920301447.1560470047659--

--===============3790860836212220931==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3790860836212220931==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 17:23:44 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------E17CAF367069266FA1978C54
 boundary="------------B01790711E012DEB547445E5"

--------------B01790711E012DEB547445E5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Not Healey-specific, but I picked this poster up years ago because, 
well, I liked it.  But, for some strange reason none of my significant 
others have cared for it.

Bob

On 6/13/2019 4:54 PM, warthodson--- via Healeys wrote:
> Patrick,
> I searched many of my old magazines but could not find a Lucas Ad 
> specifically referencing Austin-Healey.
> However, I did find two interesting issues of "The Autocar" of special 
> interest.
> 2 July 1954 has a full page advertisement on the back cover by Wilmot 
> Breeden with a beautiful engraving of an Austin-Healey 100 parked in 
> front of a cricket pitch. It is in black, green & yellow. I think I 
> have sent this to you before but I can scan it again if you want it.
>
> October 2, 1953 (The Autocar) contains 20-40 congratulatory Ads from 
> every supplier imaginable including Austin-Healey's own self 
> congratulatory Ad for world record smashing performance. "World's 
> fastest production car under 3000 cc. capacity". Many are full page 
> Ads. Lucas has a full page Ad on the back cover for their headlights, 
> but does not mention Austin-Healey. Since many, if not most or even 
> all, British car manufacturers used Lucas electronics they probably 
> did not want to offend any customers.
>
> Gary Hodson
>
> Hello
> Over the last year and a half I have included a series in the 
> Australian Austin-Healey called ‘Who Made What!’ and there have been 
> articles on what companies made various Austin-Healey components.
> So far that’s included chassis, body panels, tyres, spark plugs, 
> brightwork and instruments.
> Next I want to write about Lucas Industries, but as with those 
> companies covered previously I would like to include period press 
> advertisements, especially those including Austin-Healeys.
> So if anyone would have copies of period Lucas Industries press ads 
> that can send me it would be greatly appreciated.
> Many thanks
> Patrick Quinn
> Blue Mountains, Australia

--------------B01790711E012DEB547445E5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>Not Healey-specific, but I picked this poster up years ago
      because, well, I liked it.  But, for some strange reason none of
      my significant others have cared for it.</p>
    <p>Bob<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/13/2019 4:54 PM, warthodson--- via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div style="color:black;font: 10pt arial;">
        <div>Patrick,</div>
        <div>I searched many of my old magazines but could not find a
          Lucas Ad specifically referencing Austin-Healey.</div>
        <div>However, I did find two interesting issues of "The Autocar"
          of special interest.</div>
        <div>2 July 1954 has a full page advertisement on the back cover
          by Wilmot Breeden with a beautiful engraving of an
          Austin-Healey 100 parked in front of a cricket pitch. It is in
          black, green &amp; yellow. I think I have sent this to you
          before but I can scan it again if you want it.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>October 2, 1953 (The Autocar) contains 20-40 congratulatory
          Ads from every supplier imaginable including Austin-Healey's
          own self congratulatory Ad for world record smashing
          performance. "World's fastest production car under 3000 cc.
          capacity". Many are full page Ads. Lucas has a full page Ad on
          the back cover for their headlights, but does not mention
          Austin-Healey. Since many, if not most or even all, British
          car manufacturers used Lucas electronics they probably did not
          want to offend any customers.  </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Gary Hodson</div>
        <br>
        <div
          style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original
          Message-----<br>
          From: Patrick &amp; Caroline Quinn <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          <br>
          <div id="yiv7993411470">
            <style>&lt;!-- #yiv7993411470    _filtered #yiv7993411470 {font-family:"Cambria Math";panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}  _filtered #yiv7993411470 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} #yiv7993411470   #yiv7993411470 p.yiv7993411470MsoNormal, #yiv7993411470 li.yiv7993411470MsoNormal, #yiv7993411470 div.yiv7993411470MsoNormal  {margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";} #yiv7993411470 a:link, #yiv7993411470 span.yiv7993411470MsoHyperlink  {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} #yiv7993411470 a:visited, #yiv7993411470 span.yiv7993411470MsoHyperlinkFollowed  {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;} #yiv7993411470 span.yiv7993411470EmailStyle17  {font-family:"Times New Roman", "serif";color:windowtext;} #yiv7993411470 .yiv7993411470MsoChpDefault  {font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";}  _filtered #yiv7993411470 {margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;} #yiv7993411470 div.yiv7993411470WordSection1  {} --&gt;</style>
            <div>
              <div class="yiv7993411470WordSection1">
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">Hello</span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">  </span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">Over the last year and a half I
                    have included a series in the Australian
                    Austin-Healey called ‘Who Made What!’ and there have
                    been articles on what companies made various
                    Austin-Healey components.</span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">  </span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">So far that’s included chassis,
                    body panels, tyres, spark plugs, brightwork and
                    instruments.</span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">  </span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">Next I want to write about Lucas
                    Industries, but as with those companies covered
                    previously I would like to include period press
                    advertisements, especially those including
                    Austin-Healeys.</span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">  </span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">So if anyone would have copies
                    of period Lucas Industries press ads that can send
                    me it would be greatly appreciated.</span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">  </span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">Many thanks</span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">  </span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">Patrick Quinn</span></div>
                <div class="yiv7993411470MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,
                    &quot;serif&quot;;">Blue Mountains, Australia</span></div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------B01790711E012DEB547445E5--

--------------E17CAF367069266FA1978C54
 name="LucasPoster.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="LucasPoster.JPG"

--------------E17CAF367069266FA1978C54
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--------------E17CAF367069266FA1978C54--