Subject: [Healeys] Carburettor help

From: Michel Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 19:32:41 -0400

--===============5410297542785538418==

--000000000000938994058c5697b3

Hi everyone,

I am at the point where I'm trying to tune my carburetters for my BJ7.  The
engine was rebuilt along with the carbs. I set up the carbs as per the SU
workshop manual to pre-tuning setting: throttle screw backed off, turned
jet adjusting nut/screw down two turns and turn the fast-idle adjusting
screw until they are well clear of the cam.

The car starts well enough without choke engaged, but the engine idles at
2000 RPM even after left running for 5-10 minutes. The rear carb doesn't
seem to have any suction unlike the front carb (I put my hand in front of
the carb for this test). Any ideas why the rear carb does not have any
noticeable suction? I suspect the high idle is due to rear carb not
functioning properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mike
'63 BJ7

--000000000000938994058c5697b3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi everyone,<div><br></div><div>I am at the point where I&=
#39;m trying to tune my carburetters for my BJ7.=C2=A0 The engine was rebui=
lt along with the carbs. I set up the carbs as per the SU workshop manual t=
o pre-tuning setting: throttle screw backed off, turned jet adjusting nut/s=
crew down two turns and turn the fast-idle adjusting screw until they are w=
ell clear of the cam.=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>The car starts well en=
ough without choke engaged, but the engine idles at 2000 RPM even after lef=
t running for 5-10 minutes. The rear carb doesn&#39;t seem to have any suct=
ion unlike the front carb (I put my hand in front of the carb for this test=
). Any ideas why the rear carb does not have any noticeable suction? I susp=
ect the high idle is due to rear carb not functioning properly.</div><div><=
br></div><div>Any help would be appreciated.</div><div><br></div><div>Regar=
ds,</div><div>Mike</div><div>&#39;63 BJ7</div></div>

--000000000000938994058c5697b3--

--===============5410297542785538418==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5410297542785538418==--

---

From: "David Nock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 16:54:13 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============7438209882677498101==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0212_01D52D08.F345E4D0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0212_01D52D08.F345E4D0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Loosen the linkage between the carbs so they work indepently. The slow =
the idle speed down on the front carb and bring the rear one up until =
they are equal.=20
If that will not fix it then if you removed the throttle plates they =
were not set correctly and you will need to remove the carbs to re set =
the throttle plate with the idle screw backed off. Make sure the the =
plates are sealing off completely. If not loosen the shaft screws and =
move the plate until they almost completely seal all the way around.

David Nock
[email-masked]
209 948 8767
www.britishcarspecialists.com

Help us have our Founder Norman Nock inducteed into the=20
British Sportscar Hall of Fame, You can vote for your favorites=20
by visiting the site at.
www.britishsportscarhalloffame.org

From: Michel Murphy=20
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 4:32 PM
To: Healey List=20
Subject: [Healeys] Carburettor help

Hi everyone,=20

I am at the point where I'm trying to tune my carburetters for my BJ7.  =
The engine was rebuilt along with the carbs. I set up the carbs as per =
the SU workshop manual to pre-tuning setting: throttle screw backed off, =
turned jet adjusting nut/screw down two turns and turn the fast-idle =
adjusting screw until they are well clear of the cam.=20

The car starts well enough without choke engaged, but the engine idles =
at 2000 RPM even after left running for 5-10 minutes. The rear carb =
doesn't seem to have any suction unlike the front carb (I put my hand in =
front of the carb for this test). Any ideas why the rear carb does not =
have any noticeable suction? I suspect the high idle is due to rear carb =
not functioning properly.

Regards,
Mike
'63 BJ7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys =
http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0212_01D52D08.F345E4D0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Loosen the linkage between the carbs so they work indepently. The =
slow the=20
idle speed down on the front carb and bring the rear one up until they =
are=20
equal. </DIV>
<DIV>If that will not fix it then if you removed the throttle plates =
they were=20
not set correctly and you will need to remove the carbs to re set the =
throttle=20
plate with the idle screw backed off. Make sure the the plates are =
sealing off=20
completely. If not loosen the shaft screws and move the plate until they =
almost=20
completely seal all the way around.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: =
#000000">David=20
Nock<BR>[email-masked]<BR>209 948=20
8767<BR>www.britishcarspecialists.com<BR><BR>Help us have our Founder =
Norman=20
Nock inducteed into the <BR>British Sportscar Hall of Fame, You can vote =
for=20
your favorites <BR>by visiting the site=20
at.<BR>www.britishsportscarhalloffame.org<BR></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Michel Murphy</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, June 27, 2019 4:32 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Healey List</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [Healeys] Carburettor help</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>Hi everyone,=20
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am at the point where I'm trying to tune my carburetters for my=20
BJ7.&nbsp; The engine was rebuilt along with the carbs. I set up the =
carbs as=20
per the SU workshop manual to pre-tuning setting: throttle screw backed =
off,=20
turned jet adjusting nut/screw down two turns and turn the fast-idle =
adjusting=20
screw until they are well clear of the cam. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The car starts well enough without choke engaged, but the engine =
idles at=20
2000 RPM even after left running for 5-10 minutes. The rear carb doesn't =
seem to=20
have any suction unlike the front carb (I put my hand in front of the =
carb for=20
this test). Any ideas why the rear carb does not have any noticeable =
suction? I=20
suspect the high idle is due to rear carb not functioning =
properly.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any help would be appreciated.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Mike</DIV>
<DIV>'63 BJ7</DIV></DIV>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>Support Team.Net=20
$12.75<BR><BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys=20
http://autox.team.net/archive<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR><BR>=
</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0212_01D52D08.F345E4D0--

--===============7438209882677498101==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7438209882677498101==--