Subject: [Healeys] Front Shock Camber Plates

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 17:08:20 -0700

I recently acquired a set of these:

https://tomsimport.com/category/new-parts/front-shock-plate/

I'm not in immediate danger of installing them yet, but I'm starting to 
plan the operation.  I'll cut off the outer part of the mounts clean, 
elongate the holes, install the plates and weld the end sections back 
on.  My question, for anyone who's (successfully) done this--not 
necessarily the welding part--is: How did you remove the captive nuts 
and any remnants of the welds that held them?  It seems to me, if you 
don't clean off the welds then then plates won't sit flat on the 
underside of the shock mounts, and strength would be diminished.  I have 
no proof, but intuitively it seems these plates would strengthen the 
mounts, as the tension load on the four bolts would be spread across the 
plates--and a greater area of the mounts--instead of just being applied 
to the captive nuts.

Bob

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]