Subject: [Healeys] "too many recipients" delays

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 21:42:59 -0700

If a messgae to a list has 5 or more addresses in the 'From: ' field it 
gets held for my review.  The Feb. 12th message about the Hall of Fame 
which I just approved had 5.

The reason for this restriction is that a lot of spam that comes from a 
hijacked email address will have a long list of targets. The hijacked 
address is on the list, so it passes the membership test.  I did 
recently have one such message go through to the NOBBC list, and one to 
the datsun-roadsters list, but it is rare they get through.  Guys like 
me who just do the lists as a part time thing have trouble keeping up 
with all the latest tricks that bad guys have for getting their spam 
through the system, but in general you rarely see spam coming through 
the Team Net server undetected.  And speaking of the server, the 
unofficial fund drive drive for a new one has netted $192.75 from 5 
different contributors thus far.  I have yet to receive any paper 
checks, so far just Paypal contributions.

And I can say that as of the moment there are no further held messages 
for the healeys list in the queue, I have gotten through them all.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

mjb.

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:42:12 -0800

Mark,

Thanks for ALL your efforts on our behalf.

Cheers, Alan

> for the healeys list in the queue,

[email-masked]

ox.team.net