Subject: [Healeys] Fuel gauge damper query

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 00:07:25 -0000 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4BC1D.9C823740"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4BC1D.9C823740
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4BC1D.9C823740"

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4BC1D.9C823740
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

See the attached. I can't recall whose work I was pirating, but I was
interested in it anyway. The latter two paragraphs were added by me after
consulting with you guys.

So, in the end, I got around to trying it myself. I bought this:- eBay
item:-  152332450334

It wasn't hard to fit and in it went...

Now, I know less  about capacitors and milliwotsits than I do about kiloton
yields and so I just bought what seemed closest to the spec on the original
article.

Results? Well, it was a success in a way. The needle didn't bounce around
but it was so damped that it moved like a glacier on a cold day. It did get
up to where it should be, but took, quite literally, 5 minutes to do so. All
good connections, all per the diagram. Gauge working fine before and after.

So...I suppose that I bought the wrong thing. Can anybody be very kind and
tell me precisely what I should have bought? All the clever little numbers
and symbols. I don't have to understand it; I just have to fit it.

And, before you all shout at once, I have Michael's alternative in mind and
will probably finish with it as a permanent fix. It's just that I can't bear
to be beaten by a tuppeny-happeny capacitor.

Thank you,

Simon

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4BC1D.9C823740
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>See the =
attached. I can&#8217;t recall whose work I was pirating, but I was =
interested in it anyway. The latter two paragraphs were added by me =
after consulting with you guys.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>So, =
in the end, I got around to trying it myself. I bought this:- eBay =
item:- &nbsp;152332450334<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>It =
wasn&#8217;t hard to fit and in it went&#8230;..<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Now, I know less&nbsp; about capacitors and =
milliwotsits than I do about kiloton yields and so I just bought what =
seemed closest to the spec on the original article.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Results? Well, it was a success in a way. The needle =
didn&#8217;t bounce around but it was so damped that it moved like a =
glacier on a cold day. It did get up to where it should be, but took, =
quite literally, 5 minutes to do so. All good connections, all per the =
diagram. Gauge working fine before and after.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>So&#8230;&#8230;.I suppose that I bought the wrong =
thing. Can anybody be very kind and tell me <u>precisely </u>what I =
should have bought? All the clever little numbers and symbols. I =
don&#8217;t have to understand it; I just have to fit =
it.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>And, before you all shout at =
once, I have Michael&#8217;s alternative in mind and will probably =
finish with it as a permanent fix. It&#8217;s just that I can&#8217;t =
bear to be beaten by a tuppeny-happeny capacitor.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thank you,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4BC1D.9C823740--

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4BC1D.9C823740
	name="Fuel gauge needle vibration damper 2.docx"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Fuel gauge needle vibration damper 2.docx"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4BC1D.9C823740
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4BC1D.9C823740--