Subject: [Healeys] Over heating Healey's

From: "Robert Begani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 16:29:56 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============9180573781239318397==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0017_01D4CDF0.834B6AF0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D4CDF0.834B6AF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

During the past 3 weeks since the rebuilt engine started, I have been
running the engine for 20 min at a time.  The temp would slowly climb to
almost 200 degrees, so I would shut it off. Finally, I got help from my
friend wiring the pusher radiator fan I installed with the radiator. We
wired the fan to the altenator with a relay and  fused the toggle switch to
the spare on the fuse block on the engine firewall.  Started the engine and
ran it for 30 min at mostly idle with a few min up to 3500.  It held a
constant 180 degrees. It is currently 80 Degrees in SW Florida and your skin
will burn if you are in the sun.  That should give anyone the answer "how to
modify my Healey to be able to drive it in hot temperatures and in traffic"
My engine before rebuild would only overheat in hot summer weather in
Chicago or in Florida when driving in Stop and Go Traffic or under 40 mph.
With the new shovel in front of the radiator directing air into the
radiator, I expect that I do not have to turn on the fan at lower speeds
that 40 mph.  Will know more as soon as I can get the car off the jack
stands.

Bob Begani

67 BJ8 

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D4CDF0.834B6AF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>During the =
past 3 weeks since the rebuilt engine started, I have been running the =
engine for 20 min at a time.&nbsp; The temp would slowly climb to almost =
200 degrees, so I would shut it off. Finally, I got help from my friend =
wiring the pusher radiator fan I installed with the radiator. We wired =
the fan to the altenator with a relay and &nbsp;fused the toggle switch =
to the spare on the fuse block on the engine firewall.&nbsp; Started the =
engine and ran it for 30 min at mostly idle with a few min up to =
3500.&nbsp; It held a constant 180 degrees. It is currently 80 Degrees =
in SW Florida and your skin will burn if you are in the sun.&nbsp; That =
should give anyone the answer &#8220;how to modify my Healey to be able =
to drive it in hot temperatures and in traffic&#8221;&nbsp; My engine =
before rebuild would only overheat in hot summer weather in Chicago or =
in Florida when driving in Stop and Go Traffic or under 40 mph.&nbsp; =
With the new shovel in front of the radiator directing air into the =
radiator, I expect that I do not have to turn on the fan at lower speeds =
that 40 mph.&nbsp; Will know more as soon as I can get the car off the =
jack stands.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Bob =
Begani<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>67 BJ8 =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D4CDF0.834B6AF0--

--===============9180573781239318397==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============9180573781239318397==--