Subject: Re: [Healeys] Clutch and brake pedal issue

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 18:09:10 -0500 (EST)

--===============2868586513868312237==
	boundary="=_ab93a90d-fb5a-4f87-bed7-358277b36e59"

--=_ab93a90d-fb5a-4f87-bed7-358277b36e59
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Please disregard this message below--I have figured it out.  I had to bleed the masters first before any fluid would come into themtom
----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 17:45:32 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Clutch and brake pedal issue

 body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}OK---so, I have replaced the clutch master and slave with new units from HS.  I have looked at the brake master and it is clean as a pin.  All lines to both systems are tight and there is new fluid in the cannister.
Pumping the brake and clutch pedals as much as I can  i can build up no pressure at all in either.  I had filled the cannister before starting----and---I see no decrease in fluid level in it after pumping the pedals.
Is it possible that the cannister is clogged up and won't let fluid get to the masters?  Other that that, I'm stumped as to why I can build up no resistance in either system.
Any thoughts?
thankstom

--=_ab93a90d-fb5a-4f87-bed7-358277b36e59
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><style> body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font=
-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}</style></head><body><div>Please disr=
egard this message below--I have figured it out.&nbsp; I had to bleed the m=
asters first before any fluid would come into them</div><div>tom</div><div>=
<br></div><div>----- Original Message -----<br>From: Tom Felts &lt;tomfelts=
@windstream.net&gt;<br>To: [email-masked]<br>Sent: Wed, 20 Feb 2019=
 17:45:32 -0500 (EST)<br>Subject: Clutch and brake pedal issue<br></div><di=
v><br></div><style> body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font=
-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}</style><div>OK---so, I have replaced=
 the clutch master and slave with new units from HS.&nbsp; I have looked at=
 the brake master and it is clean as a pin.&nbsp; All lines to both systems=
 are tight and there is new fluid in the cannister.</div><div><br></div><di=
v>Pumping the brake and clutch pedals as much as I can&nbsp; i can build up=
 no pressure at all in either.&nbsp; I had filled the cannister before star=
ting----and---I see no decrease in fluid level in it after pumping the peda=
ls.</div><div><br></div><div>Is it possible that the cannister is clogged u=
p and won't let fluid get to the masters?&nbsp; Other that that, I'm stumpe=
d as to why I can build up no resistance in either system.</div><div><br></=
div><div>Any thoughts?</div><div><br></div><div>thanks</div><div>tom</div><=
div><br></div></body></html>
--=_ab93a90d-fb5a-4f87-bed7-358277b36e59--

--===============2868586513868312237==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2868586513868312237==--

---

From: "Mirek Sharp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 21:03:39 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8729867825290458608==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0170_01D4C95F.C0F64C70"
Content-Language: en-ca

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0170_01D4C95F.C0F64C70
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Did you open the bleed screw on the slave cylinder to let the fluid push =
the air out of the system?  Just open it and let it sit for a while.  =
Because I am impatient and always suspect a problem. I often put a =
little spittle on my finger and put it over the open bleed screw.  If =
air is coming out it will blow bubbles in the spittle.  Then I relax and =
wait for the fluid to start dripping.  I find that when I do this, I =
don=E2=80=99t even have to bleed the clutch, because with the bleed =
screw on top, all the air evacuates the system.=20

=20

Mirek

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tom =
Felts
Sent: February-20-19 5:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Clutch and brake pedal issue

=20

OK---so, I have replaced the clutch master and slave with new units from =
HS.  I have looked at the brake master and it is clean as a pin.  All =
lines to both systems are tight and there is new fluid in the cannister.

=20

Pumping the brake and clutch pedals as much as I can  i can build up no =
pressure at all in either.  I had filled the cannister before =
starting----and---I see no decrease in fluid level in it after pumping =
the pedals.

=20

Is it possible that the cannister is clogged up and won't let fluid get =
to the masters?  Other that that, I'm stumped as to why I can build up =
no resistance in either system.

=20

Any thoughts?

=20

thanks

tom

------=_NextPart_000_0170_01D4C95F.C0F64C70
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-CA link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"'>Did you =
open the bleed screw on the slave cylinder to let the fluid push the air =
out of the system? =C2=A0Just open it and let it sit for a while.=C2=A0 =
Because I am impatient and always suspect a problem. I often put a =
little spittle on my finger and put it over the open bleed screw.=C2=A0 =
If air is coming out it will blow bubbles in the spittle.=C2=A0 Then I =
relax and wait for the fluid to start dripping. =C2=A0I find that when I =
do this, I don=E2=80=99t even have to bleed the clutch, because with the =
bleed screw on top, all the air evacuates the system. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;=
</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"'>Mirek<o:p><=
/o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;=
</o:p></span></p><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> Healeys =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Tom =
Felts<br><b>Sent:</b> February-20-19 5:46 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Clutch and brake =
pedal issue<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>OK---so, I have =
replaced the clutch master and slave with new units from HS.&nbsp; I =
have looked at the brake master and it is clean as a pin.&nbsp; All =
lines to both systems are tight and there is new fluid in the =
cannister.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>Pumping the brake =
and clutch pedals as much as I can&nbsp; i can build up no pressure at =
all in either.&nbsp; I had filled the cannister before =
starting----and---I see no decrease in fluid level in it after pumping =
the pedals.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>Is it possible =
that the cannister is clogged up and won't let fluid get to the =
masters?&nbsp; Other that that, I'm stumped as to why I can build up no =
resistance in either system.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>Any =
thoughts?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>thanks<o:p></o:p><=
/span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>tom<o:p></o:p></sp=
an></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0170_01D4C95F.C0F64C70--

--===============8729867825290458608==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8729867825290458608==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 20:19:47 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8898747441533878140==
 boundary="------------8D7EA4695E51A135FC881C5C"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------8D7EA4695E51A135FC881C5C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Well, did you get a good pedal?

bs

On 2/20/2019 3:09 PM, Tom Felts wrote:
> Please disregard this message below--I have figured it out. I had to 
> bleed the masters first before any fluid would come into them
> tom
>
> OK---so, I have replaced the clutch master and slave with new units 
> from HS.  I have looked at the brake master and it is clean as a pin.  
> All lines to both systems are tight and there is new fluid in the 
> cannister.
>
> Pumping the brake and clutch pedals as much as I can  i can build up 
> no pressure at all in either.  I had filled the cannister before 
> starting----and---I see no decrease in fluid level in it after pumping 
> the pedals.
>
> Is it possible that the cannister is clogged up and won't let fluid 
> get to the masters?  Other that that, I'm stumped as to why I can 
> build up no resistance in either system.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> thanks
> tom
>

--------------8D7EA4695E51A135FC881C5C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>Well, did you get a good pedal?</p>
    <p>bs<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/20/2019 3:09 PM, Tom Felts wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <style> body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}</style>
      <div>Please disregard this message below--I have figured it out. 
        I had to bleed the masters first before any fluid would come
        into them</div>
      <div>tom</div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>----- Original Message -----<br>
        From: Tom Felts <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
        To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
        Sent: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 17:45:32 -0500 (EST)<br>
        Subject: Clutch and brake pedal issue<br>
      </div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <style> body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}</style>
      <div>OK---so, I have replaced the clutch master and slave with new
        units from HS.  I have looked at the brake master and it is
        clean as a pin.  All lines to both systems are tight and there
        is new fluid in the cannister.</div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>Pumping the brake and clutch pedals as much as I can  i can
        build up no pressure at all in either.  I had filled the
        cannister before starting----and---I see no decrease in fluid
        level in it after pumping the pedals.</div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>Is it possible that the cannister is clogged up and won't let
        fluid get to the masters?  Other that that, I'm stumped as to
        why I can build up no resistance in either system.</div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>Any thoughts?</div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>thanks</div>
      <div>tom</div>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------8D7EA4695E51A135FC881C5C--

--===============8898747441533878140==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8898747441533878140==--

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 07:50:31 -0500 (EST)

--===============3506379371686910339==
	boundary="=_109b8f92-bff8-4b42-9103-71160a052e02"

--=_109b8f92-bff8-4b42-9103-71160a052e02
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

yes---thank you.tom
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 23:19:47 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Clutch and brake pedal issue

Well, did you get a good pedal?bs
On 2/20/2019 3:09 PM, Tom Felts wrote:
Please disregard this message below--I have figured it out. 
 I had to bleed the masters first before any fluid would come
 into themtom
----- Original Message -----

OK---so, I have replaced the clutch master and slave with new
 units from HS.  I have looked at the brake master and it is
 clean as a pin.  All lines to both systems are tight and there
 is new fluid in the cannister.
Pumping the brake and clutch pedals as much as I can  i can
 build up no pressure at all in either.  I had filled the
 cannister before starting----and---I see no decrease in fluid
 level in it after pumping the pedals.
Is it possible that the cannister is clogged up and won't let
 fluid get to the masters?  Other that that, I'm stumped as to
 why I can build up no resistance in either system.
Any thoughts?
thankstom

--=_109b8f92-bff8-4b42-9103-71160a052e02
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><style> body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font=
-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}</style></head><body><div>yes---thank=
 you.</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>tom</div><div><br></div=
><div>----- Original Message -----<br>From: Bob Spidell &lt;bspidell@comcas=
t.net&gt;<br>To: [email-masked]<br>Sent: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 23:19:47 =
-0500 (EST)<br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] Clutch and brake pedal issue<br></div=
><div><br></div><p>Well, did you get a good pedal?</p><p>bs<br></p><div cla=
ss=3D"moz-cite-prefix">On 2/20/2019 3:09 PM, Tom Felts wrote:<br></div><blo=
ckquote cite=3D"mid:1544291114.239471300.1550704150257.JavaMail.zimbra@wind=
stream.net"><div>Please disregard this message below--I have figured it out=
.&nbsp;<br> I had to bleed the masters first before any fluid would come<br=
> into them</div><div>tom</div><div><br></div><div>----- Original Message -=
----<br><div><br></div>From: Tom Felts <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" data-mce-href=3D"m=
ailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br><div>=
<br></div>To: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:healeys@=
autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank" data-mce-href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
m.net">[email-masked]</a><br><div><br></div>Sent: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 =
17:45:32 -0500 (EST)<br><div><br></div>Subject: Clutch and brake pedal issu=
e<br></div><div><br></div><div>OK---so, I have replaced the clutch master a=
nd slave with new<br> units from HS.&nbsp; I have looked at the brake maste=
r and it is<br> clean as a pin.&nbsp; All lines to both systems are tight a=
nd there<br> is new fluid in the cannister.</div><div><br></div><div>Pumpin=
g the brake and clutch pedals as much as I can&nbsp; i can<br> build up no =
pressure at all in either.&nbsp; I had filled the<br> cannister before star=
ting----and---I see no decrease in fluid<br> level in it after pumping the =
pedals.</div><div><br></div><div>Is it possible that the cannister is clogg=
ed up and won't let<br> fluid get to the masters?&nbsp; Other that that, I'=
m stumped as to<br> why I can build up no resistance in either system.</div=
><div><br></div><div>Any thoughts?</div><div><br></div><div>thanks</div><di=
v>tom</div><br></blockquote><div><br></div><div><br></div></body></html>
--=_109b8f92-bff8-4b42-9103-71160a052e02--

--===============3506379371686910339==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3506379371686910339==--