Subject: Re: [Healeys] Door alignment shut alignment

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 22:21:53 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7146116618119253218==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001E_01D4C0C5.DCB8DCE0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D4C0C5.DCB8DCE0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Reducing the strike plate closing/latching force could require =
mechanical adjustments to the B pillar strike plate machine bolt holes =
to allow the strike plate to move outwards. Moving it outward might =
reduce the door latching force. This presumes that old/stiff door seals =
are not the issue.

=20

Also, make sure the latching mechanism is working smoothly and is well =
lubed. The strike should be lubed and free to rotate slightly.

=20

John Spaur

San Jose, CA

1962 BT7 with smooth closing doors :):):)

=20

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bruce =
Steele
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 9:15 AM
To: 'Healeys' <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Door alignment shut alignment

=20

Are there any tricks to adjusting the striker plate (BN4/BN6, BN7/BT7)?  =
My driver door needs to be adjusted to close easier, and it seems to be =
mostly a process of trial and error.  I=E2=80=99m wondering if there is =
a process that should be followed.

=20

Thanks.

=20

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D4C0C5.DCB8DCE0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Wingdings;
	panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Calibri Light";
	panose-1:2 15 3 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
	panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
h2
	{mso-style-priority:9;
	mso-style-link:"Heading 2 Char";
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:18.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.Heading2Char
	{mso-style-name:"Heading 2 Char";
	mso-style-priority:9;
	mso-style-link:"Heading 2";
	font-family:"Calibri Light",sans-serif;
	color:#2E74B5;}
p.ydpb0e6712bcard-description, li.ydpb0e6712bcard-description, =
div.ydpb0e6712bcard-description
	{mso-style-name:ydpb0e6712bcard-description;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Reducing the strike plate closing/latching force could require =
mechanical adjustments to the B pillar strike plate machine bolt holes =
to allow the strike plate to move outwards. Moving it outward might =
reduce the door latching force. This presumes that old/stiff door seals =
are not the issue.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Also, make sure the latching mechanism is working smoothly and is well =
lubed. The strike should be lubed and free to rotate =
slightly.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>John Spaur<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>San Jose, CA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>1962 BT7 with smooth closing doors </span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Wingdings;color:#1F497D'>JJJ</span>=
<span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Bruce Steele<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, February 9, 2019 9:15 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> 'Healeys' =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Door =
alignment shut alignment<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif'>Are there any tricks to =
adjusting the striker plate (BN4/BN6, BN7/BT7)?&nbsp; My driver door =
needs to be adjusted to close easier, and it seems to be mostly a =
process of trial and error.&nbsp; I=E2=80=99m wondering if there is a =
process that should be followed.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'>Thanks.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Bruce Steele<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Brea, CA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>1960 =
BN7<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D4C0C5.DCB8DCE0--

--===============7146116618119253218==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7146116618119253218==--

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:40:50 +1300

--===============7290971457641051517==

--000000000000c6d3ed058184799a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

One thing that I have learned Bruce is that you will never achieve tight
door latch position if the plunger in the door latch is worn.

M

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019, 7:15 AM Bruce Steele <[email-masked]
wrote:

> Are there any tricks to adjusting the striker plate (BN4/BN6, BN7/BT7)?
> My driver door needs to be adjusted to close easier, and it seems to be
> mostly a process of trial and error.  I=E2=80=99m wondering if there is a=
 process
> that should be followed.
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000c6d3ed058184799a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">One thing that I have learned Bruce is that you will neve=
r achieve tight door latch position if the plunger in the door latch is wor=
n.<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">M</div></div><br><div class=
=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Sun, Feb 10, 2019, 7:15 AM Bruce Steel=
e &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">healeybruce@roadrunner.=
com</a> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0=
 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div lang=3D"EN-US" =
link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple"><div class=3D"m_7628262439610977146WordSecti=
on1"><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&q=
uot;,sans-serif">Are there any tricks to adjusting the striker plate (BN4/B=
N6, BN7/BT7)?=C2=A0 My driver door needs to be adjusted to close easier, an=
d it seems to be mostly a process of trial and error.=C2=A0 I=E2=80=99m won=
dering if there is a process that should be followed.<u></u><u></u></span><=
/p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quo=
t;,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span =
style=3D"font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;,sans-serif">Thanks.<u></u><u>=
</u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Treb=
uchet MS&quot;,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><div><p class=3D"=
MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;,sans-serif;c=
olor:#1f497d">Bruce Steele<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><=
span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1f497d=
">Brea, CA<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"fo=
nt-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1f497d">1960 BN7<u></u=
><u></u></span></p></div></div></div>______________________________________=
_________<br>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferr=
er">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/heal=
eys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><b=
r>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000c6d3ed058184799a--

--===============7290971457641051517==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7290971457641051517==--

---

From: David P <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 07:39:35 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2601139591416171725==
 boundary="------------72B90C6F608628BD2833CDB1"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------72B90C6F608628BD2833CDB1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Greasing the jam/latch is a MOST important part of keeping it working 
properly... just saying.

On 2/9/2019 11:40 PM, Michael Salter wrote:
> One thing that I have learned Bruce is that you will never achieve 
> tight door latch position if the plunger in the door latch is worn.
>
> M
>
>     Are there any tricks to adjusting the striker plate (BN4/BN6,
>     BN7/BT7)?  My driver door needs to be adjusted to close easier,
>     and it seems to be mostly a process of trial and error.  I’m
>     wondering if there is a process that should be followed.
>
>     Thanks.
>
>     Bruce Steele
>
>     Brea, CA
>
>     1960 BN7
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

--------------72B90C6F608628BD2833CDB1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>Greasing the jam/latch is a MOST important part of keeping it
      working properly... just saying.<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/9/2019 11:40 PM, Michael Salter
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">One thing that I have learned Bruce is that you
        will never achieve tight door latch position if the plunger in
        the door latch is worn.
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">M</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr">On Sun, Feb 10, 2019, 7:15 AM Bruce Steele &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
          <div link="blue" vlink="purple" lang="EN-US">
            <div class="m_7628262439610977146WordSection1">
              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
                  MS&quot;,sans-serif">Are there any tricks to adjusting
                  the striker plate (BN4/BN6, BN7/BT7)?  My driver door
                  needs to be adjusted to close easier, and it seems to
                  be mostly a process of trial and error.  I’m wondering
                  if there is a process that should be followed.</span></p>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
                  MS&quot;,sans-serif"> </span></p>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
                  MS&quot;,sans-serif">Thanks.</span></p>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
                  MS&quot;,sans-serif"> </span></p>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
                    MS&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1f497d">Bruce Steele</span></p>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
                    MS&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1f497d">Brea, CA</span></p>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                    style="font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
                    MS&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1f497d">1960 BN7</span></p>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
          _______________________________________________<br>
          Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
          <br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
          <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer
            noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
          <br>
          <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
          <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/">WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/</a></pre>
  <div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br />
<table style="border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;">
	<tr>
        <td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank"><img src="https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png" alt=""  width="46" height="29" style="width: 46px; height: 29px;" /></a></td>
		<td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virus-free. <a href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank" style="color: #4453ea;">www.avg.com</a>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table><a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1" height="1"> </a></div></body>
</html>

--------------72B90C6F608628BD2833CDB1--

--===============2601139591416171725==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2601139591416171725==--